Wildfire - Oakbrook
232 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Oakbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (630) 586-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday - Sunday: 11:15am-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-10:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm. Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tony Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Oakbrook
Step back in time when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Oakbrook - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Wildfire - Oakbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
704 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (397)good for groups (279)fit for foodies (221)great for lunch (190)romantic (156)vibrant bar scene (131)hot spot (117)notable wine list (115)neighborhood gem (97)kid-friendly (69)late-night find (40)great for brunch (31)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Celebrating a Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2014This was our first visit to Wildfire. It was our daughter's birthday and we were looking for a different place to celebrate. Wildfire did not disappoint. The ambiance was upbeat, the service was excellent and the food outstanding. I made our reservation through Open Table and mentioned it was my daughter's birthday. To our surprise, the restaurant comped our dessert. We had a great evening and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Everything was delicious and seasoned well. Only complaint food was cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraVIPDined on 11/17/2014I go to Wildfire all the time. I love the chop salad. The food is always great. Our server, Ruben, did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentNixxsDined on 11/16/2014Good food variety. Portions are mediocre. It's a bit louder than expected and seems overcrowded with tables. I would go back just to try a different meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014Enjoyed spending our anniversary lunch at Wildfire.Special Features:
- very noisy and took 45mins to seatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I made a reservation two weeks ahead for an anniversary dinner and it took 45 minutes to be seated on a Saturday. This is also a very casual place, no need to wear anything dressy at all. People had on Bulls hats and jeans. Food was ok but server was bland and didn't even offer dessert. Will not go back.
- Fantastic Gluten Free optionsnduddlesVIPDined on 11/15/2014Love Wildfire for their amazing gluten free menu and fantastic martini's. My only complaint about this visit is that I made reservations and they put us in the bar area. I was not happy about that, if i wanted to sit in the bar area, i wouldn't have bothered to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildfireDaveDined on 11/15/2014Wildfire has always been our favorite restaurant. We've always had outstanding waiters/waitresses. The food is fantastic, and the atmosphere is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and Crowded RestaurantAnneDined on 11/15/2014Standing wait was LONG even tho we had reservations. Noisy and Loud, crammed with people restaurant. Not for the Romantic. Food was very good but pricey, service slow and unable to carry on conversation with other 5 at our table. Best as an "after work or late night" bar/restaurant.Special Features:
- Great experience!HowieDined on 11/15/2014We went with another couple and could not have been happier with this place.The trio of fillets were wonderful ,not just melting in your mouth but extremely favorable! We are definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary from FrankfortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My family went to Wildfire for my daughter's 14th birthday. It's our 3rd time eating there and we enjoy the food, and our server was good also; however, when we got the bill, my husband was very disappointed at the price of our drinks! They charged $9 for a Capn/Coke each and $8 each for my 7/7. My daughter ordered rootbeer and was also charged $7 for a kid drink??? Our drink bill was outrageous! WE will not be going back because we cannot even enjoy a cocktail without feeling ripped off and when my husband asked the manager why are the drinks so expensive, he replied that it was "competitive in the area". Whatever . . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingUnimpressedDined on 11/15/2014Bad food, undercooked and overcooked . Tasteless veggies, very soggy. My steak came out cold. The soft drinks we received were under mixed. And to top it off our waitress couldn't be bothered to service our table. I won't recommend and I won't go back.
- Wonderful food and incredible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Kudos to Anthony on his incredible service on Saturday night. We all really enjoyed our meal, but the icing on the cake was the service Anthony provided. His knowledge and rapport with the table really set this experience apart from other dining establishments in the area. We all had different cuts of meat and everyone thoroughly enjoyed what was ordered. Will definitely go back again, and will hopefully get Anthony as our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- somewhat dissatisfiedjanelaneDined on 11/15/2014I've been going here for over 20 years. My last two visits have been disappointing. Food was noticeably not as good as it usually is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire OakBrookDepaulDined on 11/15/2014Portions are small compared to dinner menu. Good is tasty buy priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2014Excellent dinner from the martini flight, to the kale/spinach salad, the the filet! Very good service also. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Wildfire. The only small glitch was the fact that we had to wait almost a half hour to be seated even with a reservation. This is one of my biggest restaurant pet peeves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & Service but....OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2014Food and service outstanding Noise level made it very difficult to hear other guests at table Tables very cramped U shaped booth hard for everyone's legs and no room for menues When food came had to jocking plates to get everything to fit But again the food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitFoodandwineVIPDined on 11/9/2014We always have to wait at least 20 minutes for a table. Overbooking? Poor management? Surly front desk personnel.Special Features:
- AtmosphericTboneMaloneDined on 11/8/2014This was a rather important diner for me personally. This was the first time my parents and future parents in-laws were meeting and the restaurant was a perfect place for this occasion. The noise level was very moderate which made conversation easy, and the service was great which made for little distraction. This is my 3rd time coming to wild fire and it has now been during 3 different parts of the day (Lunch, early dinner and late dinner) all of which have exceeded my expectations. I will always recommend dinning hear if you are looking for great food and even better service/atmosphere.Special Features:
- Love WildfirefthgmrtnVIPDined on 11/7/2014My go to place. Never dissappointed. Today we did half price appetizers and I had the steak sandwich. It was delicious. I only ate half and the next day I took the lettuce off it and broiled the bread and steak a couple minutes and it was fabulous the second day as well.Special Features:
- happyDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful experience! Have been here and to the Chicago location previously, and my family and I will return. The food is always exceptional. Love the chopped salad, and though a steak house, when in season the halibut is fabulous. Service is always excellent, and the staff courteous. We thoroughly enjoy the entire experience!Special Features:
- ExpertInMyHeadDined on 11/7/2014Service was impeccable. I'll definitely be returning. Great with reservations. I called ahead and told them I'd be a little late and they still seated me when I arrived.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014We waited 20 minutes and our request for a booth was not honored. Requested when reservation made and asked the hostess when we got there and she said it is noted. When we were taken in 20minutes later we were given a table right by the kitchen and servers going back and forth. Not a good table. I said I requested a booth when I made reservation and when we came in. Nothing said till we were shown the table. We were not asked or told a booth not available - is a table Ok. We were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent CuisineBobbyeVIPDined on 11/7/2014We had the most amazing waiter with a sense of humor, knowledge and general attention to detail. Food is always delicious and presented in a delightful manner. One of the lunch time bonuses is the excellent corn bread which I highly recommend. The specials are always interesting and the standard Menu fare is never a disappointment. Reservations are always a good idea especially on Fridays and the week-end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb diningArcy14Dined on 11/6/2014Wildfire was a great place to have a nice meal with my fiancé and parents. The place was packed tight but that didn't deter the quality of service or food. It's definitely a must go for a high quality dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinner!phinanmooseDined on 11/6/2014My husband and I love Wildfire so it was the perfect choice for my birthday dinner. It had been a while since we had dined there, so I was not sure about their gluten-free choices. To say that I was blown away by the menu would be an understatement. Both our dinners were excellent and I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Terrific food and excellent servicespanky907Dined on 11/6/2014The macadamia nut crusted halibut continues to be wonderful. Nice wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraVIPDined on 11/3/2014I just can't get enough of that chop salad. Fabulous service from Ashley. I will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Memorable 25th AnniversarySptz909Dined on 11/3/2014Food was awesome as expected. Had a great anniversary dinner. Place was busy and very very loud for a Monday night. Not exactly the place for an intimate or romantic dinner. Steak and fish were awesome (worth repeating ).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our whole team loved WildfireJillDined on 11/3/2014Seven of us went to Wildfire for a business dinner, and we all absolutely loved it. The chowder was great, and the steaks were outstanding. My boss's steak was overcooked, but they were apologetic and replaced it right away. I had the kale and spinach salad with salmon, and I really enjoyed it. We also got the trio dessert platter for the table, and we all liked it. The service was friendly and prompt, and the atmosphere was comfortable and inviting. Overall, outstanding. We will definitely come back here!Special Features:
- FoodFlorinDined on 11/2/2014Great quality of the meat, Filet mignonette was superb. Noise level a little higher then expected. Good service and wine list, very friendly and professional server. Overall I would go back for the second time.Special Features:
- Always order the filet mignonblushingnovbridetobeDined on 11/1/2014A group of 10 came out for my birthday dinner. The reservation process for a large party was relatively easy with a quick phone call. We were seated very promptly which was a major plus in my book. In the past, I have usually ordered the filet mignon, it's delicious and does not disappoint. This time I opted to try the Prime Rib. It was certainly not my favorite though the sauce did saved the dish. I would not get this again. The side of roasted vegetables were plentiful and very flavorful. Dessert options are a bit limited if you have a nut allergy. Make it very clear to your server. Our dessert was laced with peanut dipped pretzel. Thankful to the server for pointing it out before I dug in.Special Features:
- Noise leveldisappointedDined on 11/1/2014you need an option for "too noisy" and "crying baby" and "so crowded that our chairs were bumped every time someone walked by"
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food was fantastic...as usual. Service was excellent. Service was perfectly attentive. Drinks remained full and when food was delivered he ensured if there was anything else we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pacoVIPDined on 10/31/2014As always, Wildfire was wonderful! It's one of our favorite restaurants due to the exquisite cuisine and superb service from the moment we enter until the time we are completely satiated and leave. Our server, Tony, is personable and attentive without being intrusive and we typically request him or at least the one of his booths. We have celebrated graduations, Confirmations, numerous birthdays/anniversaries and this time we were celebrating our 39th anniversary! We hope to return for several more special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildfireHeykjDined on 10/31/2014We had a wonderful dinner at wildfire. The steak melted in your mouth and the salmon was delicious. We also had our favorite appetizer, goat cheese with pita bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!2fooDined on 10/31/2014Wildfire is my family's favorite restaurant! Excellent food, service and atmosphere. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay this timeRobWDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I have been to Wildfire numerous times. This time I ordered a selection that included a filet and lamb chops. The filet was done right, however, the lamb chops were kind of tough and dry. I ordered each medium well. Wildfire is usually spot on. This was my first time ordering the lamb chops and possibly my last.Special Features:
- The fish odor is a bit much.ShaggypooDined on 10/31/2014We used to enjoy coming here for lunch. It's just okay the last few times. Food is ordinary and still can smell the fish odor in the air. Won't suggest this in the future. It used to be dependable.Special Features:
- Amazing food & serviceLV2EATDined on 10/30/2014I enjoy this restaurant so much I eat here twice a week. The cuts of meet are delishious and the martiny flights are outstanding. can't wait for More!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.