Wildfire - Oakbrook
232 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Oakbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6305869000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday - Sunday: 11:15am-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-10:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm. Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tony Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Oakbrook
Step back in time when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Oakbrook - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Wildfire - Oakbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
723 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (418)good for groups (275)great for lunch (229)fit for foodies (217)romantic (156)vibrant bar scene (127)notable wine list (116)hot spot (102)neighborhood gem (91)kid-friendly (73)great for brunch (48)late-night find (46)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Very good food, great serviceDmoneyDined on 9/29/2014Our food was good, as always. Our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014First time in a very long time that every morsel we put in our mouths was absolutely delicious! We tried the crab and stuffed shrimp appetizer, shrimp and crab bisque, horseradish crusted New York strip steaks and filet with double baked potatoes. The server kindly brought a lava cake dessert in honor of the anniversary we were celebrating. In addition, we ordered cheesecake which was also very tasty. Looking forward to our next visit!
- Always a great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We are never disappointed with our experiences at Wildfire, be it lunch, dinner or with a large group. The food, drinks and service are always great and the wait staff are very pleasant and helpful. Our only negative is the noise level.Special Features:
- WildfireJimmyDined on 9/28/2014I have dined at Wildfire many times over the years and always enjoyed it. This, unfortunately, was my first disappointing experience. The principal reason was the entree--a Petite NY Strip Sirloin. It was cooked properly but surprisingly chewy, even tough, and not particularly flavorful. I realize this dish is on the low end of the price scale for steaks at the restaurant, but $26.95 for a mediocre piece of meat? The ice-cream sundae was also a letdown; for $7.50 I'd expect a generous helping of sauce. Instead the sundae had too many chocolate-covered pretzels, which, as far as I was concerned, amounted to so much filler. The house salad was good as always, and the martini was great. Next time I'll choose a different LEY restaurant.Special Features:
- Wildfire is on fire!HappyDinerDined on 9/27/2014Absolutely fabulous experience!!! Bar area had a great vibe. Server and food were wonderful!! I would absolutely recommend for a night out with friends or a casual dinner with a loved one!!Special Features:
- JWJimHGDined on 9/27/2014Dinner was excellent. Food was cooked as ordered. Appetizer (Chicken & Mushroom skewer) was tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed for the first timeDeniseDined on 9/27/2014We love going to Wildfire and have never had a bad meal or experience there - we frequent both Schaumburg and Oak Brook locations. That being said, for the first time, my steak arrived overcooked - really overcooked. I had asked for mine to be medium, but it came out well done - no pink whatsoever. I'm not the type to send back food, but I had no choice. The steak was way overdone. My daughters filet medallions were also overcooked, but not as bad as mine. She ate hers. Wildfire management brought me a new steak and it delicious. They did not charge me for the new steak. I did not expect that, but it was a nice touch. It appears they had kitchen issues. Other tables were also sending back food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeejioDined on 9/27/2014Food is amazing. Our service was outstanding. They honored our special request of being placed in a quiet area of the restraunt. They made our birthday celebration perfect for my mom's 80th!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Food and steak were very good, but room was very noisy and there was a problem with gift card at end of dinner. We had a $100 gift card and only $50 applied. Talked with waiter who thought it was for $50 only. Hopefully the right amount applied. He told us we should watch our bill when it comes. We were celebrating my husbands birthday and there was a nice complimentary dessert after meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014I've been to Wildfire on many occasions due to positive past experiences. I was there for my birthday on a Saturday and we had the best waiter I have ever experienced- he anticipated every situation and want, was there at and for the appropriate amount of time, and he wasn't pushy in regards to the desserts and especially because we told him that we were full and didn't care to even see the dessert display. I had the Saturday dinner special- Filet Mignon Wellington with AuGratin Potatoes, and Sugar Snap Peas- it was so mouthwatering and delicious. I would totally recommend it! We will be back again and again, no doubt.Special Features:
- Wonderful Special Occasion CuisineluveatingoutVIPDined on 9/26/2014We really enjoyed ourselves and the food was delectable. We will be coming back more often.Special Features:
- FAMILY OF FOURsadie1Dined on 9/26/2014Our dinner for the family was very enjoyable. We were celebrating my birthday. I had the petite fillet, my husband had the prime rib and both were great. My children,who are adults, had a good meal also. THANK YOU!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my special placejpajakDined on 9/26/2014I attended with my boyfriend and the date was just perfect. Thank you for giving us a booth (as requested but not demanded on the opentable site). our server was fast and and efficient. thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteaksSteakLoverDined on 9/26/20141st, parking was really hard find a close spot because of all the different places to eat near there. 2nd, I had asked for a booth, and we got a booth, but it was so soft that we both sunk down, and the table top was almost chin high. So we asked for a raised booth, much better. We ordered drinks, then split a small salad, and then ordered our steaks. The food was great along with the outstanding waitress.Special Features:
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014He was attentitive yet not overwhelming. Helped to make our luncheon a special afternoon experience. Great !Special Features:
- GreatJamesDined on 9/25/2014Always the best. Have never been disappointed. I hope they never take the trio off the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experiencecraigDined on 9/24/2014`We had a reservation for 7:00 PM. When we arrived we were put in the corner of a small room right next to the busing area and kitchen. I suggested to my wife that we leave and go back to J. Alexanders for diner. She said we should just stay at Wildfire, which we did. Unfortunately the food that was served was less than satisfactory. The stuffed twice baked potato that I was served was not stuffed with cheese and broccoli as stated in the menu. It had cheese on top and two pieces of raw broccoli the size of a dime on top. The side dish of broccoli that my wife ordered was undercooked and looked old.(almost the consistency of raw broccoli). The whole experience was not we had in mind for our 25th anniversary.
- Best Chopped Salad - Ever.IloveVegasVIPDined on 9/22/2014Great menu for steaks, but if you want a good soup, salad or sides, they have fantastic options. The chopped salad is AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodChasDined on 9/22/2014This restaurant is amazingly good from their appetizers, wine, all the way down to their desert. I had the calamari which is fresh and a generous portion is served. I also indulged on their filet which was cooked to perfection and as good as anywhere that I have had it before. Great place to bring co-workers to unwind, a signifigant other to woo them, or just to take the whole family out to indulge. Take it from me there will be no bad experience while eating at this restaurant.Special Features:
- PerfectCosmo7VIPDined on 9/21/2014Great service and a perfect, energetic place for celebrating a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildfireSusieDined on 9/21/2014The steaks are great. Boned in ribeye and double baked potato is our favorite.Special Features:
- MarkwildaboutwildfireDined on 9/20/2014Went for a joint anniversary celebration with sister n brother in law and the food was terrific, service was excellent. Our server Matt was patient and explain the menu options and answered all of our questions. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!LovenewfoodDined on 9/20/2014Our latest dining experience at Wildfire was just what I expected it would be.... delicious food and great wine! I had the shrimp & crab bisque soup, filet and potato-crusted scallops. It was such an enjoyable dinner!Special Features:
- amazing..35blkhwksDined on 9/20/2014Third time here, a bit pricey but then you should get what you pay for, and indeed we always do. Thanks Widefire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014First time there and everything was fantastic. Great service, we were sat immediately upon arrival. Not rushed at all. Can not wait to go back!Special Features:
- Seating were the babies are sentThomasDined on 9/19/2014Worst table location ever. When I make a reservation I expect main dining room and not the tank room were babies are sent. Halibut special was over cooked. Crab cake melt sandwich couldn't have had half an ounce of crab meat. We were very disappointed.
- birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2014Server was friendly: food was great. I had the chopped salad. It is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our reservation was at 715, we came in at 708pm, we got seated at 740pm. What is the point of making a reservation if they seat us 25 minutes past our reservation time? They're reasoning was that they had 4 other reservations at 715 and no other tables had left yet. I suggest you to make less reservations available at the same time. Also, our waiter seemed overwhelmed with the amount of tables she had to serve, she was courteous but service could have been more attentive and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatDeeSamDined on 9/18/2014Never disappointed when I come to the restaurant. Have never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight fitmr99Dined on 9/15/2014The service was excellent and the food was top notch. My only complaint is they had seven of us at a table suitable for six and it was pushed up against a wall making for a very tight dining experience. My reservation was for eight people (flight delayed for one) which would have been a no go at the table they gave us and they had it set for all eight.
- Always great diningSlyviDined on 9/15/2014This is my " go to" restaurant whenever I need to go out someplace special. I know the food, atmosphere and service is always great. Highly recommend to everyone I know when iooking for a great place for any meal, party or celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most enjoyable restaurantfoodieVIPDined on 9/15/2014Everything about our experience in dining at this restaurant was wonderful. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Made reservations for 6 people at 6:30.... didn't get seated for 20 minutes! Then it took a half hour until we ordered! They only brought out 1 order of bread... for 6 people. We of course asked for more. We were also routinely asking to refill our water glasses. We didn't end of leaving until 9pm!!! We've been to the Wildfire in Lincolnshire and Glenview previously and very much enjoyed our experiences there. While the food was comparable to the Lincolnshire & Glenview locations, the service was far below.
- Never DisappointsLloweDined on 9/14/2014Always a great time at wildfire!! Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable butUnhappyDinersDined on 9/14/2014The restaurant was very busy, overcrowded, and somewhat noisy. Overall our server was attentive to our requests. Food was good, but could have been better. Suffice it to say our overall opinion is just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencePaulDined on 9/14/2014I have been to this wildfire location a countless number of times and I have always been pleased. The food is always great. On this occassion I took my two year old son and was very happy the restaurant was busy and energetic as it drowned out his occasional outbursts. But I have to say that it was a fun energectic. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Wildfire-never disappointssharonDined on 9/14/2014Our favorite place. Always great food and the service is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LjjbDined on 9/14/2014Made reservation & arrived on time. Host walked us past many available tables thru main room, bar, &side room to a small room with only a table of 12 having a party& our table, we refused to sit there & were moved to side room Our server was arrogant, bus staff kept trying to take our bread away then asked if I was "still working" on my salad, no, I was still trying to enjoy it. Food was just average, I'm not a great cook but I could have made a better salad. The whole restaurant needs to be cleaned
- Steven19VIPDined on 9/14/2014Never a bad meal at Wildfire. We had a relaxing late lunch with great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait / best waitress everBenloloDined on 9/13/2014Our waitress was the best ..The wait was too long even with reservations was contemplating if we should go to the Reel Resturant beneath .. We waited over 1 hour and ten minutes ... But out waitress made it worth the wait ..however next time I will leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.