Wildfire - Oakbrook
232 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Oakbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6305869000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday - Sunday: 11:15am-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-10:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm. Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tony Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Oakbrook
Step back in time when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Oakbrook - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Wildfire - Oakbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
694 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (414)good for groups (259)great for lunch (230)fit for foodies (197)romantic (162)notable wine list (112)vibrant bar scene (105)hot spot (91)neighborhood gem (79)kid-friendly (68)great for brunch (54)late-night find (42)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Great dinner and service! The only downside is that in general, many people were dressed a little too casually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraVIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful meal served by our fantastic waitress, Ashley. I brought in relatives from out of town and they loved it too.Special Features:
- Wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Purchased $150 in gift cards to pay for our 25th wedding anniversary celebration. Service was poor, food was average, margarita was awful and served in a water glass. We have eaten here 3 times and twice they stuck us next to the kitchen even with a reservation. Ordered drinks and waited for 10 minutes or more. Finally, on the 3rd time we gave up, paid the tab and left. The steak was dry. The best part was the soup and salad - they were very good.
- Wildfire was fantastic, as always.Kkg2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great food. Even better service. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and weren't disappointed. We both ordered the king cut prime rib with either au gratin or mashed potatoes. Everything was cooked perfectly to order and amazing. We even enjoyed the leftovers the next day. The waitress brought us a small chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream for the birthday boy on the house after our meal and was very attentive overall. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service, Over cooked foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Most likely the result of slow and inattentive service, both main dishes were heavily over cooked.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We go to Wildfire every year for our anniversary. The food is always excellent! Great service! We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Dinner at Wildfire always a great choice. We always love the food and the service is great. We always go there for a family special occasion. It's always a big treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I love love this restaurant. I have never had poor service at either the Oakbrook or Chicago locations. Recommend it to everyone looking for a place to go Hope to be able to come bk soonSpecial Features:
- Great dining made easyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014You just can't beat Wildfire's great steaks and seafood! The staff is both friendly and efficient. I readily recommend it to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedGiddsDined on 8/29/2014A busy restauarant with a line of people waiting to dine-must be great food right?-Wrong. I can find nothing to recommend it. Appetiser of lobster stuffed shrimp was chewy and devoid of taste. Main filet and filet trio no better. Side of vegetables a mix of what seemed to be left over vegetables and the fries were limp and over salted. Even my drink had to be sent back as the soda in it was flat. Why it is seemingly so popular completely escapes me.
- Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We were celebrating my 60th birthday and decided to use some LEYE gift cards we have had for a while. This was convenient and was open when we wanted to go. Made a reservation, got in right away. Seating was comfortable, music not too loud. Food was quite good (we had steak and prime rib). We particularly enjoyed the au gratin potatoes. Service was downright excellent even though the place was busy. Hats off to the wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is a nice place to stop in Oak Brook for lunch. Warning: The portion sizes are huge. I had a house salad while my companion had a cup of soup. We then split the hamburger special - A stuffed Hickory burger. We still brought home half of the burger. We closed out the meal with a half-order of the baked apple with ice cream. And yes, the half-order of dessert was still too large. The traditional house salad is a step up from other restaurants as it includes eggs and artichokes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Food is consistently good, service is always good. What I don't get is, what is with the cornbread? Why not fresh bread or rolls with the salad or when drinking wine. Guess that I am not a corn bread fan.Special Features:
- Good Food - Reasonable PriceRoRoJoVIPDined on 8/26/2014I would definitely eat here again. I just wish the wait wasn't as long. If you go early it is much better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014The food was very good and I would go there any time of the day. The service was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Great foodstomarDined on 8/24/2014This is our favorite restaurant. As always the food was very good.Special Features:
- Good as usual!TantoDined on 8/24/2014As I would expect, Wildfire's food and atmosphere are are perfect for an upscale meal! We were celebrating a birthday and the staff provided a complimentary dessert! Service was slightly slower than usual but overall as good as always. My family and I dine here 3-4 times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is not like it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/24/2014This is the second time with poor service. This time the famous house salad was mushy and no zip. Super disappointing.
- Great food, a little noisyFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Everything from drinks, appetizers, to soup/salad, to dinner, to dessert (which we had to take home because we were so stuffed!) was fantastic! My only complaint was that it was kind of loud. We were seated by a large party of women, so I'm sure that didn't help. Overall, though, food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Very loud, not a good place to carry on a conversation but good food and good serviceSpecial Features:
- JackDined on 8/23/2014It was an enjoyable evening with friends. The Chef specials were excellent and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best visitDogMomTravelVIPDined on 8/23/2014One of our nearby favorites, especially now that I'm gluten free. Unfortunately this visit was not great. Service wasn't great. We rarely saw the waiter, food took a long time to arrive, and we had to wait for a table despite having a reservation.Special Features:
- Simply Outstanding!DowntownLisaBrownDined on 8/23/2014Best steak ever! Outstanding service and food! Came from Florida to celebrate wedding anniversary and Wildfire had to be the place to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding night outMrElegantVIPDined on 8/23/2014For any special occasion in our family, Wildfire Oak Brook is without a doubt our go-to restaurant. And, out visit there this past Saturday night was on the mark starting with our affable server, Marissa, who couldn't have been any better if she tried. The only thing in her league was Wildfire's outstanding cuisine. My wife's a steak eater so she was in seventh heaven with the strip steak. Meanwhile, as the fish lover in the family, I fell head over heels for the macadamia-crusted halibut, which costs a small fortune, but since they serve two generous filets, there's more than enough to take home for a yummy leftover. Yes, $150 for two, including cocktails, wine, tax and gratuity is a bit of a splurge, but at Wildfire it's money well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The wait staff went out of their way to please us. The food was fantastic and the staff was helpful and friendly. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbyeVIPDined on 8/22/2014Friday night is always busy, a reservation is a must. We had the Prime Rib tonight which was excellent, beautifully prepared to order, with little if any waste. Our waiter was attentive and everything came to us in a timely fashion. Specials are usually interesting, but tonight was a good night for a delicious and excellent choice at Wildfire that is always available at Lunch and Dinner. 5 STAR MEAL FOR SURE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday dinnerFrequentdineroutDined on 8/21/2014Had a wonderful evening out with my friends for my bday. Everyone ordered something different (drinks, appetizers, entrees, salad and desserts) and all the food was great with nice size portions too. Our server was excellent as well and we could not have had a better experience. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experiencewi11returnDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful ambience, outstanding food and service. Could never make anything this tasty at home. Will definitely return to experience other specialties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfection!princesspk13Dined on 8/20/2014Wildfire is my favorite restaurant for many reasons. Wildfire is an elegant old school retro steakhouse that serves stick to your ribs food that is always prepared to perfection. The servers are always knowledgeable and attentive. Their cocktails are fabulous. I had (and always have) the Martini Flight. The martini flight is 4 mini martinis of different flavors. They are delicious and will have you feeling fine in no time. My boyfriend had a Cherry Mojito and it was delicious and refreshing. I had a steak & scallop combo with creamed spinach and it was delicious and cooked perfectly (like always!). My boyfriend had a steak and shrimp combo; I wanted to steal his shrimp they looked so good. Both of us were more than satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Place for a DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The Atmosphere was excellent and was a great place to have conversation and good food. My Swordfish was a little overdone and my friends steak was asked for Medium Well was really Well Done. Still the food was flavorful. Overall is was a good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014It was horrible,was our 30th anniversary. 2 bottles of on wine list.Out of both Finally after 40 minutes I was served a martini. And my food filet and lobster within 5 minutes of my martini arriving. My steak was black, ordered medium well and lobster was so dry and no flavor. The manager came around and knew we couldn't get any of the wines I chose so he offered to pay for my martini. I was shocked at how little concern there was with everything. My friends have had parties there with 25-30 people and we've always been happy with the food. I was a little disappointed when my meal was $51.00 and I had to pay extra for a vegetable. My husband had bone-in rib-eye and I believe, bleu cheese crusted and was happy with his.
- Poor serviceDissapointedDined on 8/18/2014Very long wait for everyrhing, i had to ask again for our drinks after appetizer & then was served wrong drink & was finished w dinner & still no drink, wrong side w dinner, bit in big shell in crab cake- this was a monday
- Good Birthday CelebrationDSTDinerDined on 8/18/2014This was a really nice place to go with friends to celebrate my husband's birthday. The martini flights were great!! Enjoyed the Planked Salmon. Our waiter, Tony was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food pretty good expensiveJoshuaDined on 8/17/2014Made a reservation for mom's bday dinner. Sat us in a booth in the crowded bar. About a $150 for two steaks a salad, an appetizer and 3 drinks. Service was nothing special, average.
- DisappointingBcrecapDined on 8/17/2014The food was very good, the experience was not. Too loud, too cramped and service was obnoxious. Our bus boy filled our water glasses at least 15 times and was always there. Might return with the right group because the food was good and vibe was lively, but never for a quiet, relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Good serviceFIREDined on 8/17/2014The chicken wasn't what I expected and they were great about getting me something quickly and without a fuss. Every kitchen occasionally has a mishap but they were very apologetic and made it right. Better than expected.Special Features:
- 50th anniversary dinner50yearsandcountingDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I had dinner before going to Drury Lane. Food was excellent, our waitress, Linda Smith, was superior. The gluten free menu for my husband was actually a real menu, not a piece of paper with a few choices on it. The gluten free chocolate cake with ice cream was a surprise dessert to celebrate our 50 th anniversary and was so appreciated. And it was delicious! Thanks for helping us celebrate. Making the reservations on line was a real plus. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceFoodDined on 8/16/2014I go to Wildfire often and am always amazed at the great food and moderate prices. Service was EXCELLENT. We were shopping and went to the restaurant early (4:30PM), when we couldn't get a later reservation at the last minute. The restaurant was busy and active. Service was outstanding and everything we ordered delicious. Remains one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go backBumRushed1Dined on 8/16/2014The food was very good but the tables were cramped and I felt rushed. The wait staff hovered and swooped on our table to remove dishes even before we were finished. This did not make me feel welcomed - I would not go back. If you are going to spend over a hundred dollars for dinner the experience should not feel like a drive through fast food joint.Special Features: