Wildfire - Oakbrook
232 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Oakbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6305869000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday - Sunday: 11:15am-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-10:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm. Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tony Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Oakbrook
Step back in time when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Oakbrook - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Wildfire - Oakbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
733 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (411)good for groups (261)great for lunch (222)fit for foodies (221)romantic (149)vibrant bar scene (129)notable wine list (115)hot spot (100)neighborhood gem (90)kid-friendly (68)late-night find (44)great for brunch (40)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Wildfire is a great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014The wildfire has Very delicious food it's a great place for family and friends. It is also a great place to enjoy your mate in a rather intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Made reservations months in advance for our anniversary which also happened to be sweetest day. Services was slow, they sat us in the bar which was not romantic, no ambiance and the food was not in line with their prices. They packed the place like we were all sardines.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014I've dined at Wildfire Oakbrook several times -- this time my Waiter was less then stellar -- I ordered a Sprite and there was no syrup in it -- it tasted awful like seltzer water (which I hate). When I advised the waiter, he acted like it was no Big Deal, (when in fact it left a awful taste in my mouth and almost ruined my dinner. He simply advised my manager is changing the syrup, (he didn't even offer to comp the Sprite), he did eventually bring another Sprite, and I advised No Thank You, I'll drink water, he simply removed the Sprite from my table, never asked can I bring you another beverage ! I was very disappointed, as I've always gotten great service and very attentive waiters when I've previously dined at Wildfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over done steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/20142nd time in 1 month that have ordered med. porahouse & filet both times have come in well done. Alot of $ for a overdone steaks. This has now happened 2 times in a row. ive been coming there for over 14 yrs. Never had this happen before.Special Features:
- NiteoutNiteoutDined on 10/18/2014Table was ready upon our arrival, waiter was friendly and knowledgeable,Great place for a dinner out with that special person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServicepirateduckDined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We had the mushroom crusted pork chops that melted in your mouth. However, we also had the skirt steak which was very chewy. Yes, we know skirt steak is tough but not typically like this. We wouldn't order it again but very highly recommend the pork chops. We also paid extra to get the BBQ Sweet Potatoes. They were BBQ because they had seasoning on the skin which most people don't eat anyway. The potato was very large and had a nice flavor. However, it was "hard", not cooked all the way.Special Features:
- Liked everything...but the steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Sadly the one thing this place should be known for is their major downfall. For some reason, they just can't cook a steak. Been here twice and both times they were way off on the cook. The first time I was pregnant and got the filet trio. The steaks each ranged from burnt to super rare (a no-no for a preggers girl). The steak cuts were also way off in size range. We swore this place off after that but were really in the mood for steak the other night and tried it again. This time got the full size filet thinking maybe they can get a single steak right...nope. My "medium" filet ending up burnt with a rare-blue interior and grissle throughout. My husbands "medium rare" porterhouse request was medium well in most parts. Sad.
- First of many....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014For a birthday dinner,my girlfriend and I agreed we could pick our own places . The other treats. She picked Wildfire,,I paid. OUTSTANDING, I'm picking the same for my birthday,she agrees! My guess is we will return between now and that date anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in the back room!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014The man sitting next to our table had to put his chair right up against the corner of our table, which became very uncomfortable for a $250.00 meal!!!Special Features:
- Less Than ImpressedonlyboyjohnDined on 10/16/2014Before it gets lost, let me say that our server did an excellent job! The food was less-than-impressive and my martini was underwhelming. I had the grilled seafood platter. The "bacon" that was used to wrap the scallops was all fat, which ruined the texture of the first scallop (I learn quick and removed it from the others). I would, though, recommend the fresh fruit crumble for dessert. This was very good!Special Features:
- Always a great experience!!!!jazzerVIPDined on 10/16/2014Food is always good, the server was outstanding! One of our "go to" places!!Special Features:
- Great dining!DivaOneDined on 10/14/2014I took a work group here to celebrate an award since it was their favorite place. We had a wonderful lunch - everyone enjoyed their food very much. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- waiter kind of lostOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Great food but waiter,it seems, had to many tables to attend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at reasonable prices!blingthingDined on 10/12/2014I had the tenderloin trio special with choice of crust topping ($35). The meat was outstanding and cooked to perfection. Good wine selection with very good moderately priced wines.Special Features:
- Very loudBillSDined on 10/12/2014Surrounded by multiple tables of six or more people, it was extremely difficult to carry out a conversation at our table of four. Food was very average, nothing special.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I would recommend the restaurant and I will revisit but would request a better table not in the little group room, very drab and could not see anything
- bad bad service, great foodChefEdG4rPDined on 10/11/2014I wait to long for the food, soup was cold, old coffee. We can problably live with out pay, we wait about 20 min to get the bill, server never said sorry, most servers just walk around playing around.. we only talk to the server one or two times..
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Service was quick, food was fantastic, and our server was very informative and helpful. High expectations for the restaurant were met. Great date night.Special Features:
- Outstanding!MountaineerDined on 10/11/2014The difficulty in getting a reservations speaks volumes about the quality of Wildfire. The service was top-notch; food very good. The menu is so large that it is hard to make a choice -- there were so many items I wanted to try. I had the coffee-crusted strip steak, very good, but what I fell in love with was the grits with shoe-string onion rings! They were out-of-this-world!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We had great service, and good food. Our table was ready when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodken36Dined on 10/10/2014this was my first time here but it will not be my last. The food was simply put awesome. Can't wait to. Is it again soon.Special Features:
- Lively vibeLibbyDined on 10/10/2014Wildfire has a very upbeat vibe. It is loud -- maybe too loud -- and the booth configuration makes it difficult to hear across the table. I had filet and encrusted scallops and loved them. Au gratin potatoes a hit as well. Three others had seafood -- halibut and surf 'n turf and gave them thumbs up. Very attentive service. Wildfire is my go-to restaurant because it is consistently good and they take and honor reservations.Special Features:
- Good food, but very noisy.BunsDined on 10/10/2014I ordered the Teriyaki Mahi Mahi and my date ordered the BBQ Chicken. Both were excellent and what I would expect from this type of restaurant. I would recommend either option. I dined here because I had a Lettuce Entertain You gift card which I had no problem using. I went on a Thursday night at 7 with a reservation and waited about 15 minutes to sit down. I ended up sitting in the backroom next to a large party with many children who were rather misbehaved for the setting. I think my dining experience could have been better if I was seated in another room, but I do not blame the restaurant entirely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanDined on 10/10/2014Great meal as always. Continues to be one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Just okay!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I was not overly impressed, based on LEYE credentials, my wife's meal was good, my blackened prime rib was maybe average. I have cooked a few of these in my day so I know what I'm looking for and this was not it.Special Features:
- Long Time FavoritebobcatDined on 10/9/2014Have been going to the Oak Brook Wild Fire for years. Great for special occasions or late lunch after shopping. Really good steaks and seafood. If you like fish, the encrusted halibut is a must when available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchwildcat07Dined on 10/6/2014My friend and I were greeted and seated promptly in a quieter location and the host checked with us to see if that was appropriate. The server was attentive. I have been to Wildfire many times and I was excited to have the chopped salad. It was bland and soggy. There wasn't nearly enough chicken. The entire thing was soggy lettuce and wonton crisps. For the price this salad can't compare to the Portillo's chopped salad which is the same size and two thirds the price. Very disappointing. My friend had the shrimp which she said was good but she didn't finish so I'm not so sure. We had a lovely visit and didn't really talk about our meals. I didn't finish my salad and neither of us took the leftovers to go so I guess that says it all...I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraVIPDined on 10/5/2014Another great meal. Anthony did a fantastic job serving us fabulous food.Special Features:
- DROpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014One of my favorite places..Have recommended to many. First time we had a terrible server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014I always know that I will get a good meal at Wildfire. Food is always great.
- excellant as usualfazzyDined on 10/5/2014The restaurant was not busy, staff was attentive. Food was good as usual. 2 thumbs up.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Typical change style restaurant. Should provide more training to servers & not just stick them in a back room if they are not that good. Manager came over to the table to apologize for service issues. Didn't seem too interested in what I had to say. offered free dessert, how nice of him for such lousy service! He needed additional training too.
- Best Dinning Experience EverjrichterDined on 10/4/2014The food was great and the 40's theme gives life to the restaurant atmosphere. Also they have the best waiters I have ever met there, I strongly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedsteakloverDined on 10/4/2014We ate in Wildfire in other locations and always liked it. But the food in this location is very disappointing. The baby rib is over cooked, not juicy or tender. We asked for two servings of prime rib to be medium rare. Both are not as tender as we expected. One is medium to well in my opinion. We asked one serving to be exchanged. The replaced one is much better. With the price we paid, we expected better food.Special Features:
- great timefoodieDined on 10/4/2014The food was awesome and our waiter was the best. I will definitely recommend the Wildfire to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome placeAlexDined on 10/3/2014Our waiter was terrific and so was the staff. Our reservation was on time and the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!mtoohsDined on 10/3/2014Good experience and service. The food and martini was great. Highly recommend it and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY!momof2boysDined on 10/3/2014Food and service was really good! But the room we sat in was very very loud.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014We went for my dad's birthday. The food was good for 3 generations! The tables were too close for comfort and the noise level was so high that it was difficult to have a conversation without shouting.Special Features:
- salty food sugary drinksMiaMagDined on 10/3/2014The kale and spinach salad that we ordered with a side of salmon was great. Our entrees were much less impressive. Our steaks were dry. My porterhouse was quite salty and the creamed spinach was awful. I ordered two cocktails- both of them were far too sweet. The ambiance was nothing special: everyone there was dressed very casually (we saw lots of women in leggings and jeans), the lighting was a bit too bright and the bathroom was not very nice. The service was great but I'd never go back. The place was packed but for the cost I expected much better. I would not recommend this place. The food and drink menu offer lots of sugar and salt- doesn't cater to a more sophisticated or health conscious pallette.