Wildfire - Glenview
1300 Patriot Blvd
Glenview, IL 60026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Glenview
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8476576363x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday-Sunday: 12:00pm-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-10:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm. Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodrigo Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Glenview
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Glenview - Best Restaurants in Glenview ›
Wildfire - Glenview reviews from OpenTable diners
617 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (359)good for groups (271)neighborhood gem (234)fit for foodies (208)great for lunch (180)notable wine list (124)great for outdoor dining (118)romantic (108)kid-friendly (101)hot spot (100)vibrant bar scene (99)late-night find (44)great for brunch (43)scenic view (7)Show More
- Awesome LunchIrishRedVIPDined on 9/12/2014Lunched here for the first time and loved it.The menu was great and reasonably priced..the food was elegantly presented..and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateGirlfriendsDined on 9/11/2014The specials were great and the macadamia nut encrusted halibut was delicious as it always is. Service was efficient. We love coming to this restaurant and knowing that our food will always be terrific. Love the specials on wines also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HalibutGroovyTravellerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their selected mealsSpecial Features:
- very consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014We dine at Wildfire in Glenview on a regular basis. The food and service are always predictable...very good!Special Features:
- Latest Wildfire experienceARThurDined on 9/10/2014Have previously dined at Widlfire and had better experiences. Restaurant was very busy even at 7:30 the time of our reservation. We were seated in a back room which lacked the ambience of the main dining room. The sound level was high and the service slower than usual. We usually enjoy the food here. The roast beef served was very good, but my small filet was "grainy" in consistency, smaller than small and on the chewy side. Chopped salad was very good. We would return, but I'll order the roast beef.Special Features:
- ShygirlbluchipVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food here is always very good and consistent but the service tonite was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheoDined on 9/9/2014We arrived 30 minutes late since I forget what time I had booked. However, no problem and we were promptly seated. The restaurant ids big and noisy, we were in an alcove which was much quieter. Not a date place. Big menu, prompt service until the food was served then our waitress got busy elsewhere. My wife had the salmon special which she found very good. I made the mistake of ordering the Romanian skirt steak which was impossible to cut with a serrated knife. It proved to be inedible. I had to spit out pieces that could not be broken down by chewing. I left half the order on my plate and did not take it home. This is the first time in my life this has happened.Special Features:
- Disappointing startWinogirlDined on 9/8/2014There were a couple of misfires - I had asked for a nice table since this was an anniversary dinner - I don't think the girl at the front desk even looked and we were seated right by the kitchen in a very high traffic area. Our waitress started off by asking us if we wanted a drink immediately after we had been seated and when we asked for a minute, she disappeared for about fifteen! After that, things settled in and dinner was quite good but this was not the experience I was expecting at Wildfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Wildfire is always good. I like to go there for special occasions, which in this case was my birthday.Special Features:
- Disappointed in their seafood/fishshirmyVIPDined on 9/6/2014We love Wildfire and go frequently. We were there on a Sat night and got sat immediately for our 8:00 reservations. My husband got the special potato crusted halibut. Huge portion but not much flavor. I got the seafood platter with salmon, crab cake, scallop and coconut shrimp. Again, it was all just o.k. We usually get chops, steaks, or even duck. I don't know if it was an off night or they just don't do fish well. Of course, the chopped salad was had and loved by the 4 of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JKRLJKRLDined on 9/6/2014Always good. Portions are always more than enough. Great service. Didn't feel rushed.Special Features:
- WildfireMolly6414Dined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is everything I expect in a quality Lettuce Entertain You venue. We enjoy the old supper club ambience and extensive menu. Trying to limit heavy dishes I ordered the chicken breasts with artichokes and it was heavenly though much too large a portion to be eaten at one sitting. The chicken was extremely moist and the sauce was light and very flavorful. The waitress made excellent wine suggestions and was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time we were disappointedPpambDined on 9/5/2014This is the 2nd time we were disappointed in Wildfire, Glenview. This is our neighborhood, we frequent this Restaurant - its not the food it's the front desk staff and how they treat people. We sat for 20 mins in a Reserved table and still didn't even get water or attention. My husband went up to the desk twice and then Finally asked to move our table where we would get served. On another occasion, our Anniversary---Pretty much the same thing, we made Reservations and the front desk staff didn't even read our request! We were ignored for 10 to 15 mins and front desk staff didn't even validate our complaint. The Restaurant it self needs updating-showing it wear. But I have to say the food is always good and never disappoints.
- Chicken Clubdebs13VIPDined on 9/5/2014The chicken club is grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, lettuce and is just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerrichnmarDined on 9/3/2014Food was great as always, we were seated immediately and the weather was perfect for outdoor dining. It was even fun watching people come out to the patio and declare it too sunny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Luv2eatoutDined on 9/3/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildfireRyanDined on 9/2/2014Food is ok. Nothing really separates this place from any other type of mid level steak restaurant. Overall just ok
- Birthday Luncheon OutingNoochieDined on 9/2/2014I selected Wildfire-Glenview to celebrate my boss' 70th birthday. My colleagues and I didn't tell him where we were taking him until we were ready to go. He said he'd never been to the Wildfire for lunch; and that he thoroughly enjoyed it. During the lunch hour it was much less noise, much less crowded...it was an enjoyable experience for all. When we arrived back at the office my boss mentioned to me again how much he joyed the restaurant selection. The food was delectable and the service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingBNO5VIPDined on 9/1/2014My 18 year old son selected WF as his birthday dinner restaurant~ a very special treat! Our server was very personable, but service was extremely slow and one entree was burned while another was undercooked. We expect better when dining there.Special Features:
- Always solidNorthshoredaveVIPDined on 8/31/2014I alwys enjoy goiing o Wildfire. I found that the Glenview Wilfire is better than Lincolnshire in every area. I had the skirt steak and my wife the Filet. Both were cooked nicely. The desserts and salad are always excellent as well.Special Features:
- Steaks at their Bestdebs13VIPDined on 8/31/2014The prime rib was done just right with tangy horseradish sauce. The scallop/filet dinner was so tasty, always a favourite. Round dinner out with a piece of peach/raspberry pie. You can't go wrong!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistenteatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife's tuna was excellent. My prime rib was one of the worst pieces I have ever had. $26.00 for a paper thin slice of beef is a disgrace. If it was 10 ounces I would like to see the scale they used. It did not even have great taste or especially tender. It was just very bad and they should be ashamed to serve something like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing experience at Wildfire, as always! Excellent food, outstanding service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014great experience, made my wifes birthday a special night to rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty food, priceyMarsh0713Dined on 8/30/2014We were a party of six. Macadamia encrusted halibut was excellent but very pricey. Steaks were very good and done as ordered. Mushroom encrusted porkchops were cooked to death and very tough. Would have sent them back but we didn't want to ruin the occasion we were there for. On our last visit the steaks were dry. Is Wildfire slipping?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire-over ratedmarcDined on 8/29/2014I love steak places, and am always willing to try more. The food at Wildfire did not live up.
- Very ReliableHowardr48VIPDined on 8/29/2014Having been to Wildfire numerous times it i still a place to go for a very good dining experience. The wait staff are very knowledgeable and experienced. The food is generally very good and comes in nice sized portions. We were there for my daughers birthday and the expereicne was very good.Special Features:
- 55th Anniversary DinnerJojoDined on 8/29/2014Everything was fine. Dessert for some reason took a long time and we were going to leave without when it arrived. Did not particularly care for the coconut shrimp esp. the sauce Our waitress was nice but very busy. Salad and dessert were delicious and the halibut too.Special Features:
- Another great meal!TwistedKittyDined on 8/28/2014I'm a loyal Wildfire customer because I know every meal will be top notch. The food and service are consistently great. Best hamburger in town!Special Features:
- Always goodfriendVIPDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant is consistently reliable and delicious.Special Features:
- YZ48Dined on 8/26/2014The food is ok, but nothing special. The $30 bottle of Pinot Gricio was good. The waitress was pushy. She tried to empty wine bottle right away into our glasses. When she couldn't she showed up in 20 minutes and did it before we could say a word. While we were looking at the menu the waitress came up several times pressing us to order "something to drink". The check showed suggested tip starting at 15%. No way would we give it for such "service". What is really outrageous was the menu on-line, which shows the prices 40-50% lower than the ones you will find when you arrive at the restaurant! We could afford it, but how embarrassing it would be for someone who counted on certain size check on the date?
- Love Wildfire for sml gettogethersluv2dine2Dined on 8/26/2014Wildfire was the perfect restaurant for a get together with previous co-workers. The room was not noisy. The food was perfect. No complaints.Special Features:
- lovewildfireDined on 8/26/2014Usually, I find the restaurant loud but on Tuesday it was toned down. I have had private parties at Wildfire and have had fabulous experiences with a small room. Your food is always excellent and a friend and I eat frequently in the bar, ordering your burgers and a side of roasted veggies. YUM! (We also love to sit outside if weather permits.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home aboutMariDined on 8/25/2014Our evening started well - we got a table in the back room so we could hear each other vs. the loud main dining room. I ordered the smallest portion of prime rib, assuming it would be quite thick but not a large piece. Unfortunately, it was a very, very thin piece of meat, unlike any prime rib I've ever seen, and was overcooked. Had I known how thin it was going to be I would have ordered differently. The waitress did not come back to ask if everything was all right . She didn't even come back to fill up my water glass so I poured my companion's unused water into my glass. For dessert we had peach melba pie - it was mediocre even though it was pie of the month. None of this ruined our evening - but we won't be back anytime soon.
- Wildfire is Hot!SammyVIPDined on 8/24/2014Returned to Wildfire after long absence and glad we did. We arrived early for a Sunday 6:45pm reservation and, although the restaurant was very busy and we expected to wait, the maître d could not have been more accommodating; we were seated by 6:30 after less than a 10-minute wait. The service was courteous, helpful and friendly, only to be surpassed by the outstanding food. The cedar plank salmon is the best in the North suburbs. Loved it; looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!ClaudiaWDined on 8/24/2014Have been to Wildfire in the Glen many times, it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DinnerDinnerTimeDined on 8/24/2014Had a good experience. Menu seemed to be limited but all options were covered. Wine was on the expensive side, they charged the same amount for a glass as for a bottle that I can pick up at Jewel. I liked the different options for flights, everyone enjoyed those. Dinner was good, scallops were cooked very well as was the filets ( person who got the skirt stake said it was over cooked but he still enjoyed it). I would go back again.Special Features:
- Wild About...CaptainSpamVIPDined on 8/23/2014...Wildfire...best service...great cornbread....food is always hot and well served....will go back again and again....RaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Bad ExperienceFrankGDined on 8/23/2014Food fine; made a reservation for booth in bar area a week ahead and was told no problem. Upon arrival told long wait as others ahead of mine. Should have been told same prior to arrival as had called in addition to open table nite re booth request. Food always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedesmoDined on 8/23/2014I was very impressed with this Wildfire.We had been to Schaumburg and Chicago and this restaurant was outstanding.Treated very well.Food and drinks were spot on. My wife and her friend had the martinis and they were perfect. (Her words.) Able to have a conversation no problem within our group. Very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.