Wildfire - Glenview
1300 Patriot Blvd
Glenview, IL 60026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Glenview
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8476576363x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday-Sunday: 12:00pm-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-10:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm. Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodrigo Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Glenview
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Glenview - Best Restaurants in Glenview ›
Wildfire - Glenview reviews from OpenTable diners
611 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (345)good for groups (264)neighborhood gem (222)fit for foodies (203)great for lunch (151)notable wine list (114)hot spot (94)vibrant bar scene (94)romantic (94)great for outdoor dining (91)kid-friendly (90)late-night find (32)great for brunch (27)scenic view (5)Show More
- Dissapointed but may returnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Recent went for a birthday party this past Sunday @ 5:30. The facility was over-booked, so despite the good food and best attempts from the staff, the experience was not to our expectations. I will not share specifics because it would not seem fair to broadcast such to the public without understanding the full context. As a business it's great to be busy but so busy it takes away from the experience
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Wildfire is one of our favorite restaurants. However, it does surprise me as to the number of people that bring small, screaming children to a relatively expensive restaurant on a Saturday evening. We were with friends celebrating and our table was close by to a table with small children. I am a parent and a grandparent and would prefer not to sit by children that don't know how to behave and parents that won't discipline their children. Perhaps the Lettuce chain would consider having a section/room for parents that want to bring their children. Our evening would have been more pleasant had we not sat next to unruly children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 10/24/2014Great place to go for a "food fix". Alway terrific food and service !!!Special Features:
- bunnies94VIPDined on 10/22/2014Our server, Rebecca, was new and showed great promise. She will be an asset to the restaurant. Our experience was enjoyable as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Very GoodTonyVIPDined on 10/20/2014Always wonderful service by all staff, very good food a pleasant place to dine.Special Features:
- Always great!marlainDined on 10/20/2014We always enjoy ourselves at Wildfire. The place is warm and inviting, the service is exceptional, and the food is consistently delicious. It's our first choice for special occasions and when we just want a wonderful meal in every way.Special Features:
- Consistently Terrific, but...PaulVIPDined on 10/19/2014I love Wildfire! Great steaks, wonderful ambiance, terrific service, consistently high quality. Most of the time. The last couple of times the service started out great and then we have to wait fiftenn minutes for server to come back to the table. The pork chop was a bit disappointing, but that could simply be the chef's choice of the mushroom sauce; quality is still excellent. We will continue to return to Wildfire as it is one of our favorite restaurants. We'll just try to go when it's not quite as busy and stick to the tried-and-true favorites.Special Features:
- Wildfire in Glenview is Terrific!PatrickinParkRidgeILDined on 10/18/2014A little pricey but it is still one of the best restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Great food & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014We always love Wildfire. The martinis are great with a huge choice. We love the shrimp cocktail. My Mother had a skirt steak and I had the petite filet. They were both cooked perfectly and were delicious. My husband had the salmon that was huge and outstanding. We always have wonderful servers every time. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014We had a great meal, I asked for special attention as a surprise, and the staff did everything as I askedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably great steaksRegularJoeVIPDined on 10/16/2014I've dined at Wildfire in Glenview a number of time - about 80% of the time for business. It's the nicest restaurant in the Glenview-NAS area and I'm sure I'll go back many more times.Special Features:
- Quality slippingDREWDined on 10/15/2014The quality of the food is not up to the usual high standards we expect at Wildfire. The Caesar salad was very bland and the French fried potatoes served were obviously from the bottom of the fryer. A less-than-fresh bun accompanied the burger and the coleslaw was not chilled. Not the greatest dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChampagneDutchieVIPDined on 10/14/2014Always enjoy Wildfire. Love your Macademia Nut crusted Halibut, fabulous. My friend thought so also. Food is consistent. Service always fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire is always great.WilliamVIPDined on 10/13/2014We had not been in a while but the food and service are reliably good all the time. I had the Monday night chicken special which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMackDined on 10/13/2014Food has always been excellent. Never had a bad meal there after many dinners or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Meal was great as always and the wait staff was excellent!Special Features:
- Pass on this for lunchlauraDined on 10/13/2014I ordered the halibut 25.99$ it was obviously left over from the weekend, covered in breading to cover up the dried out fish and the asparagus was swimming in a butter sauce. Working in a resteraunt I know that when things are covered in "go juice" they are masking a poor meal. I am out on this one!Special Features:
- You can make a reservation...CaptainMorganDined on 10/11/2014But that doesn't mean they will honor it. 8:00 reservation didn't seem to mean anything on this night. Once we were finally sat we were ignored for a while. When our server did find us a promise of bread did not materialize until after a reminder (and the soup had come and gone). Water glasses sat empty...Maybe better off eating in the bar where expectations are a lot less.Special Features:
- Consistent - Food and Servicefong2040VIPDined on 10/11/2014Always good for any occasion; great food and service; Steak, sweet potato, salad, wine, gluten free cookies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spotOutandaboutDined on 10/11/2014We dined at the wildfire in glen view for only our second time. We had one of the busiest tables in the place, but didn't mind the hustle and bustle. We both had an above average primerib and fillet medallions diner. The sides were amazing. The roasted veggies for mr and cottage fries for the hubbie. A little expensive but we would do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to the Top of my LastfrequentdinerDined on 10/11/2014The previous time I wrote our experience was not up to the usual standard (we can all have an off night!) but our last visit put it back to the top. Food, service, as well as our enjoyment were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMrLuckyDJRDined on 10/10/2014We have not had a bad meal at Wildfire. The pricing is more than fair for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Dependable value, will be backNorthShoreCoupleDined on 10/10/2014Dinner with a group of 6. Attentive, professional service. Good value for the price. Nice wine list. Ample warm bread. Delicious Wildfire salad!!! Very good and large baked potato. However... quality of beef that I've experienced a few times is disappointing. I give it 2 stars out of 4. I know it's not Morton's or Del Frisco. And the price points hover around $30 rather than $50. So thanks for that! But the quality of the medallions is modest. This time, I had the strip steak with garlic shrimp. Also, the pumpkin pie dessert had more whipped cream than pumpkin compared to the plastic model -- tasty but not what we expected. I'll be back for sure, but need to set my expectations more accurately.Special Features:
- ExcellentJillianDined on 10/10/2014All around excellent dinner. I highly recommend the Char Bone-in Ribeye. Excellent cut of meat. Very good service. All around great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the bestJBfromNilesDined on 10/9/2014My wife & I have been going here for a few years now & we consider Wildfire our favorite. The prime rib cannot be beat & I have had that meal in establishments around the world. Nobody does this one better. Congratulations to all involved here - a job well done. Thank you!Special Features:
- Nice for lunch with friendsChitownCFVIPDined on 10/9/2014Always serving good food with knowledgeable and competent surving staff. Professional establishment.Special Features:
- poofkaDined on 10/8/2014The food and service is what made the evening. We were there on a Wednesday with a 7:30 reservation and ended up waiting 15-20 minutes then were put in a back room.This is the second time in as many times at Glenview that we've been made to wait. If 7:30 is booked let your patrons know and either offer another time or say your booked. Like I said at the beginning it was the food and our server that made the evening. Two of us had the Steak Trio which was prepared perfectly while my husband had the seafood platter which he loved. Planked Salmon was excellent and while the shrimp was prepared with coconut it had the right amount of coconut.Special Features:
- Great service.GreatPlaceDined on 10/8/2014reserved private room for a work outing. Gave me a nice sized room called the win room. Excellent for team lunch. We were able to speak to each other without yelling at each other. Great food.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 10/7/2014As usual, the food was very good and the service was fine. I personally dislike the u-shaped booths at this Wildfire and asked to be seated at a table instead. The hostess went to ask the manager who said no. There were several appropriate sized tables that stayed empty for most of our dinner. I suppose I will request a regular table the next time I make a reservation on open table. I think the management could be more accommodating.
- Needs some changeMzj2906VIPDined on 10/7/2014We always use wildfire as a gathering spot at least four times a year, service is always great but food and menu need an update! In a sense they have updated their process. Wow! All I could be thinking about was that I could have been some eating at some really cool restaurant in downtown Chicago for the prices on this menu. It needs to be revamped..it's the same ole, same ole! Even the daily specials; the same three things all the time; just the toppings change. Service great but other than that....boring menu!
- Very enjoyableJimboDined on 10/6/2014As always we had an excellent dining experience. Food and service was top notch.Special Features:
- Food you cravefoodluvinteacherDined on 10/6/2014Wildfire is great for steaks but also for a refreshing salad. I go at least once a month because it is just delish.Special Features:
- kpakravanDined on 10/4/2014One of my worst dining experiences in a long time. My wife ordered a filet mignon, it looked as if someone had chewed it an spit it out. I ordered a hanger steak. it was undercooked and so big they had to fold it to make it fit on the plate. And everything overpriced! The service was friendly, of course!
- Luv2eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014We came for my daughter's birthday--Wildfire is her favorite and so is the chocolate lava cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDaisyeatsVIPDined on 10/4/2014We came here after a Northwestern game for an early dinner. Great menu, with many options to satisfy the pickiest eater. Food is always prepared and presented nicely, wait staff is friendly and well trained, and the ambiance is lively. This is a restaurant that rarely disappoints!Special Features:
- Great SurpriseBkl33Dined on 10/3/2014We Love Wildfire! We had or Yom Kippor dinner at 5PM Friday for 12 people and they put us in the wine room!. this is the 5th year coming to wildfire before temple. It was a great way too start the day of Atonement. I cant wait for next year! great romantic place for two!Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014WE love the club lunch!! great deal . The food is delicious and well servedSpecial Features:
- StuStuartVIPDined on 9/30/2014Food quality was good but 1 steak was slightly overcooked (not as ordered).Not usually the case but occasionally it can happen
- Glenview's finestChicagoJohnVIPDined on 9/28/2014As always a great experience. Great food and service make going here a no brainier when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire is a special placesal99VIPDined on 9/28/2014Wildfire never fails to be a treat when dining out. The food and service are always top-notch, for us, these are the two most important items that make a restaurant experience memorable. There are so many dining places to choose from in the north suburban area that a restaurant has to have the aforementioned ingredients if they want repeat business and Wildifire certainly fits the bill on both counts. Our favorite salad is the Wildifire chopped salad that can't be topped as far as we are concerned and my friends agree. Great entrees of fish and meat are always a favorite as well. Kudos to the management for having such excellent personnel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.