Wildfire - Glenview
1300 Patriot Blvd
Glenview, IL 60026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Glenview
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (847) 657-6363
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday-Sunday: 12:00pm-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-10:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm. Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodrigo Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Glenview
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Glenview - Best Restaurants in Glenview ›
Wildfire - Glenview reviews from OpenTable diners
587 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (333)good for groups (260)neighborhood gem (204)fit for foodies (190)great for lunch (145)notable wine list (112)hot spot (96)romantic (94)vibrant bar scene (92)kid-friendly (85)great for outdoor dining (82)late-night find (28)great for brunch (21)scenic view (3)Show More
- Wildfire at its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/19/2014Just another really good meal at a good value. Service was great as expected. My wife had the prime rib which she really liked and I had the old standard bar-b-que chicken which was moist and ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wildwildfireDined on 11/17/2014Place is amazing love going there it never fails. Wildfire is everything that it supposed to be and more. Keep up the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire - always consistentDaveW99Dined on 11/16/2014Our favorites are the prime rib and the cedar planked salmon. Can't go wrong with the steaks either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jercDined on 11/16/2014took our small grandkids and they were well received server Ben was the best ever good food options for a large familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gudfudDined on 11/14/2014Food was mediocre and the acoustics were even worse. Could not carry on a conversation at our table without straining to hear the other person. Will not go back and would not recommend it to anyone with a penchant for good food and relaxing dinner atmosphere.
- Consistently good food and servicerhwinendineVIPDined on 11/12/2014I live in the city so i normally go to the Chicago Wildfire but i met a friend from the suburbs for dinner in Glenview. It was the same great food and space. it's comfortable, perfectly busy and served great food. I'm sad to know the halibut season is nearing an end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cookieDined on 11/11/2014It was a very satisfactory evening. I was pleased that the price was rightSpecial Features:
- SgmgriderSgmgriderDined on 11/11/2014They always fo a great job at Wildfire. I visit the Glenview often for business and the service is always the best. I always get positive response from my guest of what a great place!Special Features:
- 7TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARYtonyd14realDined on 11/10/2014Wildfire-Glenview never cuts corners and never disappoints when it comes to great steaks and service. The both requested was available and the waiter even gave us a little chocolate desert with a candle for our anniversary. Always happy to be there !Special Features:
- as always, excellentweezieDined on 11/10/2014Good food, prepared as we like it, great service! We always enjoy our visits.Special Features:
- Always great foodMcuresesDined on 11/9/2014No matter what you order, their food is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014The restaurant was very busy after the NW football game and parents weekend. We were seated a little late but once at the table everything was perfect. Each entree was prepared perfectly - prime rib, filets, beef wellington, sear tuna. Service was friendly and efficient. They even proactively comped us on a couple of things for being seated a little late. A great gesture that tells you they know how to treat customers. Looking forward to our visit!Special Features:
- Great food but average overallOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014The food as always was spectacular but the service was far from up to the standard that comes with the price tag of wildfire. They also need to do a better job at the front desk managing tables on busy nights so guests with reservations don't have to wait.Special Features:
- Sat night outGirlsVIPDined on 11/8/2014Had a wonderful dinner with great service and terrific food. Never disappointed here!!Special Features:
- DisappointingSchultzVIPDined on 11/8/2014My meal started with the most mundane Bloody Mary I have ever seen. Couldn't taste the vodka, couldn't taste the spice. No olive... just a lonely stalk of celery. Then I moved on to the chowder which was served bath-tub warm. My burger was cooked just as requested so no fault there. Having moved out of town, I haven't been here in years, but I must say it isn't as special as I remember it.
- Consistently great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014As always the food and service were outstanding. Had a great dining experience without having to go downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner!LoriDined on 11/7/2014Best cedar plank salmon I've had in some time. Thank you Wildfire!! Will return my next trip in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Wildfire GlenviewWay2pickyDined on 11/7/2014Like the Wildfire brand, but not today. Chicken Waldorf salad: dry chicken, salad dry on top and soaking in dressing at the bottom of the bowl. The server, while nice, was just going though the motions re specials and specific requests. Automatically recommended the highest price special to our table. Not the typical Wildfire experience. Perhaps just an off day.way
- Great lunch!weezieDined on 11/5/2014Food, service and ambiance was excellent. We brought NY guests who were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch & a NapFreddieDined on 11/5/2014Three people for lunch on a Wednesday, place was 80% full. Service was prompt. Lunch at Wildfire is more of an "event" because they're not known for their lighter fare, so be sure you can squeeze in a nap after lunch. I had the southwestern Steak Chopped Salad ... not expecting much, but it was delicious. The steak was cut small, so integrated well with the salad (not chunks/strips of steak on top like others might do) and the overall texture and flavor was quite good.Special Features:
- Business dinnerJeffDined on 11/4/2014We requested a quiet area for a business dinner and Wildfire delivered!!!!Special Features:
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014Wonderful food and great service could not ask for a better time for my Birthday!Special Features:
- Less Than I ExpectedGarabaldiDined on 11/3/2014Our recent visit to Wildfire in Glenview was less than we had expected. Reservation was made weeks in advance but table was not available when we arrived. Restaurant was busy for a Monday night; service was slow. Almost everything has to be ordered additionally with entrees. My wife ordered a salad which never came until after the meal was rather unceremoniously delivered to the table. The three other people at the table ordered steak in one version or another. They were satisfied. I ordered ribs. I was not satisfied. The ribs were fatty and rather tasteless. And they certainly weren't a better cut of ribs. No one asked our meal was satisfactory. Overall, not a great experience considering the price...which wasn't cheap.
- Awesome timeMaryDined on 11/2/2014Gibsons did a wonderful job helping to celebrate my fiancé birthday. Everything from the food to drinks in the bar was outstanding ! We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointednorthshorefoodieVIPDined on 11/2/2014Food was predictable and expected, which is good; however, tonight we had a 6pm reservation and the daily special was all gone by the time we were able to order our meals. And we waited an unusually long time to order. That was after another menu item we requested was also not available. I was surprised, usually Wildfire has their act together better than that. And at 6pm? Food was good, but I keep forgetting how unbearably loud it is. We had a round table of 8, which I LOVED, but you can really only hear the person next to you unless you shout across the table. Nearing the end of our meal, the air conditioning went on full blast and we all had to put on our coats....maybe they were encouraging us to leave - at 8pm....Special Features:
- Almost greatDanRDined on 11/2/2014Food was great and service wasn't at all bad. The only negative about the place is the speed at which the food came out after the app. My wife and I are used to a bit more relaxed dinning experience. Tonight however maybe it was just us or the food we ordered but it seemed like we spent more time eating in olive garden than we did at wildfire. We ordered a scallop appetizer which was flavorful and cooked perfectly and the apricot sauce was a perfect pairing with them. Could just sit and keep eating them instead of ordering an actual dinner. Our steaks and sides arrived about 14 seconds after we took the last bite of scallop off our plate. Also delicious but like I said would have liked a 5 minute breather. Love the decor and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire Glenview SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Nice they were able to accommodate us last minute on a Saturday night for dinner. It was certainly full house when we arrived. We were seated when our reservation time came up and waiter helped us quickly. He did not seem very enthusiastic about helping us. He made no suggestions and seemed to be disturbed by our presence. We were also seated in a far back room which really took away from the ambience of the restaurant. I felt like we had dinner in a back closet. I know the Wildfire experience can be so much better than that. I still enjoyed my meal and the evening. I think I will request a certain spot next time I eat at Wildfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- improvementeatoutoftenVIPDined on 11/1/2014After several unsatisfactory recent visits this time was back to their usual top quality standard. Service, food, etc. all were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great old time ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014As always, the food was exceptional. Ample sized portions, steaks cooked PERFECTLY. A little noisy, but it is all part of the ambiance. Be sure to request the main dining room, the side rooms are almost too quiet. Even though we had a reservation, we still did have to wait 20 min for our table to be ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big on Portions/Low on CareDinerDined on 11/1/2014Concentate on smaller portions and better quality. My medium rare steak was burned, and my wife's salad was slopped full of dressing. Prices are reasonable, but care in food preparation could have been better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The table we had was not great to close to the service station, so it was loud. I was very disappointed at how quickly the server wanted us out. We were in and out in an hour. It was our 25th anniversary and wanted to enjoy the time together more. Would have had a drink at the bar but it was packed. The food was delicious - no complaints.Special Features:
- reliableLike2eatitalianVIPDined on 10/30/2014The one thing about this restaurant is that the food is always good and the management takes good care if a problem should arise.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/29/2014We had THE best server, Steve. We always enjoy our meals at Wildfire. Steve elevated the experience.Special Features:
- Fun at Wildfire Glenview, ILfooddude2Dined on 10/28/2014Reservation for 2 at 7 PM on Wednesday was honored on time. Food & service were very good. Their Spinach salad and crusted trout were excellent. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Dinner with Friends Who HelpedGuapoMikeDined on 10/27/2014Excellent food and ambiance. "Greg", our waiter, was at all times professional and attentive. An excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- OdieDined on 10/26/2014Wildfire is a great place for steak or seafood. They even have a kids menu with steak option for them as well (it was perfect for my little surf and turf lover)not too many restaurants offer this option for the younger patrons. It's also a great place for large groups. The one negative is that on a really busy night it can get loud for those people in your party that might be hard of hearing this could be a problem. All that being said I've been here several times and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed but may returnccraig67Dined on 10/26/2014Recent went for a birthday party this past Sunday @ 5:30. The facility was over-booked, so despite the good food and best attempts from the staff, the experience was not to our expectations. I will not share specifics because it would not seem fair to broadcast such to the public without understanding the full context. As a business it's great to be busy but so busy it takes away from the experience
- Teacher50VIPDined on 10/25/2014Wildfire is one of our favorite restaurants. However, it does surprise me as to the number of people that bring small, screaming children to a relatively expensive restaurant on a Saturday evening. We were with friends celebrating and our table was close by to a table with small children. I am a parent and a grandparent and would prefer not to sit by children that don't know how to behave and parents that won't discipline their children. Perhaps the Lettuce chain would consider having a section/room for parents that want to bring their children. Our evening would have been more pleasant had we not sat next to unruly children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 10/24/2014Great place to go for a "food fix". Alway terrific food and service !!!Special Features:
- Best macadamia halibut ever!!!DonnaDined on 10/24/2014My dish was sooo good I was talking about it for days. The roasted vegetables were perfect. I loved everything. My sisters lived the trio and the ribs as well. We really enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.