Wildfire - Glenview
1300 Patriot Blvd
Glenview, IL 60026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Glenview
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8476576363x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday-Sunday: 12:00pm-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-10:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm. Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodrigo Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Glenview
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Glenview - Best Restaurants in Glenview ›
Wildfire - Glenview reviews from OpenTable diners
652 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (371)good for groups (289)neighborhood gem (244)fit for foodies (225)great for lunch (178)notable wine list (122)great for outdoor dining (113)hot spot (108)romantic (107)kid-friendly (104)vibrant bar scene (104)late-night find (40)great for brunch (39)scenic view (7)Show More
- Glenview's finestChicagoJohnVIPDined on 9/28/2014As always a great experience. Great food and service make going here a no brainier when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently terrific!NickVIPDined on 9/27/2014We love coming to Wildfire. The food is always great, the service is impeccable and we love the ambiance. We all ordered something different - steak, salmon, halibut and ribs. All good. Then the dessert - wow!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014Great food and service, never a bad experience, always a sure thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie4fitnessDined on 9/26/2014At Wildfire we consistently enjoy a delicious dinner with attentive service.Special Features:
- Wonderful WildfirecattacDined on 9/26/2014Staying true to form our Wildfire dinner experience was everything I was expecting. I made a reservation & requested dining in the bar lounge because the noise level in there is less - you can actually carry on a conversation without having to repeat yourself. One of my guests has a hearing problem & he was so pleased. We ordered the shrimp cocktail, trio of encrusted filets, fish sampler and drinks. Everything was fabulour & the service (as always) was attentive and thoughtful. Thank you for a lovely dining experience. You have the recipe for fine dniing - now just mediate the noise level in the balance of the restaurant, please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dinnerLSD12VIPDined on 9/25/2014Hada nice dinner--good service, good food. Waitress was very nice to our grandson and very attentive.
- Wildfire GlenviewBirthdaygirlDined on 9/25/2014We had another great experience at Wildfire, celebrating a birthday. Service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!marlainDined on 9/25/2014Wildfire is consistently excellent. Never had a bad meal yet. Food is always cooked exactly to specifications. We appreciated the specials for Rosh Hashana. Service is always terrific, very accommodating, but our waiter this visit was a little slow, nothing serious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three Ring Circusdiningduo2Dined on 9/24/2014Wildfire has always had wonderful food and drink and that's what brings us back there but not anymore. Incredible noise levels, slow service, cramped seating, lukewarm food and a general feeling of "free for all" seemed to be the consensus for the evening we had last Wednesday. We will definitely not being going back to Glenview. Perhaps the Lincolnshire Wildfire will be more on par with the Lettuce Entertain You standards although we probably won't be rushing there anytime soon.Special Features:
- What a disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/24/2014I had a meal with my party of 9 for Rosh Hashanah. The food from the special menu was horrible. Two people sent it back for something else and mine was inedible. I didn't complain at the time because I didn't want to throw fuel on the fire. I will never eat at this location again.
- Great Classicsnbc173VIPDined on 9/24/2014Always consistent quality food...great classics, steaks, fish, chicken cooked in a woodburning oven. Wonderful salads as well!Special Features:
- Great food! A bit noisy!FuzzytripDined on 9/23/2014Four of us went. Two of us had the scallops which are the best you could find, anywhere. They are done to perfection. The waiter was exceptional, even recognizing a birthday without being told. The molten chocolate dessert he brought was wonderful! It is quite noisy, but sitting around a table for four helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually a favorite but not tonightfrequentdinerDined on 9/21/2014Wildfire is always one of our go-to restaurants when we want steak. However on this visit my dinner was disappointing. The steak was cooked longer than the medium rare that I ordered but the waiter did not come to the table to ask if my steak was ok. Even the baked potato seemed a couple of hours past due. My $14 cosmo did not taste that it had the vodka I requested. When I asked the waiter if the drink was made with this brand, he said it was what he told the bartender but did not offer to remake it. Overall, not the dining experience I was anticipating.Special Features:
- Mediocre at BestsuperfoodieDined on 9/21/2014I usually really enjoy Wildfire but I was sadly uninspired by my experience this time. We sat for about 15 mins before a server ever greeted us which is not a pleasant way to start a meal. When she finally came by we ordered drinks and asked for a gluten free menu which was another ten minutes before we saw it or the drinks. Flash forward 20 min later we ordered simple house salads, a burger, and a prime rib dip on a gluten free bun, both entrees with balsamic roasted vegetables. It was another 15 minutes before the salads came, thankfully they were very good due to the dressing. His burger was fine, but the prime rib was slightly dry, even with the au jus and the vegetables were very good. Overall, food was ok and service was terrible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBooshiDined on 9/21/2014I took my parents and teen age kids to dinner to celebrate a birthday. We are first-timers and the staff was outstanding and friendly and the food was exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2014We celebrated our son's 18th birthday here. We've been to Wildfire many times, both for special events and otherwise, and we've never been disappointed. The waitstaff and management are superb, the food is outstanding, and the atmosphere is simultaneously festive and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It is our first time to dine here, celebrating our 12th anniversary. It was a Saturday and quite busy. Steak was divine. Lots of wine to choose but the merlot I had was elegant. But our dessert was late. I thought Steve forgot about us. Hopefully we'll be back soon. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire Glenview ReviewfeedmeseymourDined on 9/20/2014This was a typical steakhouse restaurant. Great food, Great service. If you are looking for a traditional dining experience, Wildfire is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodFrankGDined on 9/19/2014Title says it all. The food, service, beverages "ad infinitum". Only element that (possibly) might be improved is acoustics, as can be a touch loud during peak hours in evening(s).Special Features:
- Excellent Service, Best Steaks EverBillDined on 9/19/2014Our group of four all had steaks - -the best quality and taste ever experienced. Our waiter was the most professional, friendly, helpful and attentive we're ever had (Dominick). Great atmosphere. We will be back - highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always greatchicocherylDined on 9/16/2014excellent food and cocktails. We love the chopped salad and the sandwiches.Special Features:
- Great fire roasted meats!RonFDined on 9/16/2014One of the few steakhouses that I can tolerate, Wildfire Glenview has a consistent ability to produce mouth watering, fire roasted meats and side dishes, at a reasonable price point. This visit, we shared the mushroom crusted pork chops and the rotisserie chicken, with a side of barbeque sauce. The pork chop is a standard of the Wildfire chain, and it lived up to its reputation, with a tremendous umami finish to perfectly roasted and smoky pork. The chicken was a revelation - the free range bird was just excellent, with clear fire-roasted flavors, and deep chicken goodness, especially the dark meat. Serving sizes were generous - we still had leftovers enough for a small luncheon! The house micro-brew was excellent, too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014My wife enjoyed the sea scallops. I enjoyed the 3 filets special. Our waiter was very helpful on toppings and on ordering medium rare, which was the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little off that nightKG65VIPDined on 9/15/2014The food was as good as ever, but the service was a little off on the Monday night we celebrated my girlfriend's birthday. We were seated for about 10 minutes before anyone offered us a drink and bread. I mentioned the birthday in my Open Table reservation, but our server had no idea. She was perfectly pleasant about it and gave us the appropriate dessert with a candle. The service at all Wildfire locations is usually very good, and the minor disappointments of this one night will not keep us from returning.
- GREAT PLACEDansDined on 9/14/2014We have never been disappointed eating at Wildfire. This time we took advantage of the Halibut. The waiter suggested a tremendous inexpensive wine that complemented the food perfectly. It is just a great place to go for a great mealSpecial Features:
- Had a Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I brought my new girlfriend and we had a great time. The staff gave us time to talk and get to know each other, but also was attentive and prompt.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationJimboDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner of excellent food, excellent service and good company. What could be better ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodRandyOVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had the trio medallions and the pork chops both were outstandingSpecial Features:
- unrushed, leisurely nightAnneVIPDined on 9/13/2014Best pork chops we have ever had. Along with the roasted vegetables it was a great meal. We were six people and enjoyed our time together. The only down side was that it was very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!BradCDined on 9/13/2014I've been here a few times before, but this was my third dinner. We are very happy with our steaks. She ordered the Prime Rib and I the Filet Mignon with their signature parmesan crust. Both cooked perfectly, and seasoned well. To top it all off our waiter was very polite and we didn't have to wait for more than couple minutes to flag him down.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Always very good food but noisy and frenetic on Saturday nights. Have been here many times and saw my 1st service glitch. They brought the food before our ordered salad. They fixed it right away and when the food came later it was obviously not reheated, but fresh plates, including seafood which would have been rubber it it had been kept warm for 20-30 min. and a steak which would have been way overcooked. No such issues. Food was great (though teriyaki glaze on the salmon was kind of heavy).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choicesuburbandinerDined on 9/13/2014Consistently great food, service and an enjoyable restaurant. They fill quickly, so make a reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Lunch or DinnerLunchingladiesDined on 9/13/2014Went for lunch on Sat. I like it best when it's not so crowded. Dinner is much more hectic and noisy but the food quality is consistent. The macadamia crusted halibut is pricey but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!enjoyedVIPDined on 9/13/2014Once again Wildfire hit a home run . Food was great and service was too! That is why I continue to come back.Special Features:
- Awesome LunchIrishRedVIPDined on 9/12/2014Lunched here for the first time and loved it.The menu was great and reasonably priced..the food was elegantly presented..and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateGirlfriendsDined on 9/11/2014The specials were great and the macadamia nut encrusted halibut was delicious as it always is. Service was efficient. We love coming to this restaurant and knowing that our food will always be terrific. Love the specials on wines also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HalibutGroovyTravellerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their selected mealsSpecial Features:
- very consistentMattDined on 9/11/2014We dine at Wildfire in Glenview on a regular basis. The food and service are always predictable...very good!Special Features:
- Latest Wildfire experienceARThurDined on 9/10/2014Have previously dined at Widlfire and had better experiences. Restaurant was very busy even at 7:30 the time of our reservation. We were seated in a back room which lacked the ambience of the main dining room. The sound level was high and the service slower than usual. We usually enjoy the food here. The roast beef served was very good, but my small filet was "grainy" in consistency, smaller than small and on the chewy side. Chopped salad was very good. We would return, but I'll order the roast beef.Special Features:
- ShygirlbluchipVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food here is always very good and consistent but the service tonite was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.