Wildfire - Glenview
1300 Patriot Blvd
Glenview, IL 60026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Glenview
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8476576363x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Lunch Saturday-Sunday: 12:00pm-3:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm-10:30pm; Saturday 3:00pm-10:30pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm. Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodrigo Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Glenview
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wildfire - Glenview - Best Restaurants in Glenview ›
Wildfire - Glenview reviews from OpenTable diners
647 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (378)good for groups (286)neighborhood gem (249)fit for foodies (222)great for lunch (184)notable wine list (131)great for outdoor dining (118)romantic (113)hot spot (107)kid-friendly (106)vibrant bar scene (105)late-night find (45)great for brunch (43)scenic view (7)Show More
- Consistently GoodFrankGDined on 9/19/2014Title says it all. The food, service, beverages "ad infinitum". Only element that (possibly) might be improved is acoustics, as can be a touch loud during peak hours in evening(s).Special Features:
- Excellent Service, Best Steaks EverBillDined on 9/19/2014Our group of four all had steaks - -the best quality and taste ever experienced. Our waiter was the most professional, friendly, helpful and attentive we're ever had (Dominick). Great atmosphere. We will be back - highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always greatchicocherylDined on 9/16/2014excellent food and cocktails. We love the chopped salad and the sandwiches.Special Features:
- Great fire roasted meats!RonFDined on 9/16/2014One of the few steakhouses that I can tolerate, Wildfire Glenview has a consistent ability to produce mouth watering, fire roasted meats and side dishes, at a reasonable price point. This visit, we shared the mushroom crusted pork chops and the rotisserie chicken, with a side of barbeque sauce. The pork chop is a standard of the Wildfire chain, and it lived up to its reputation, with a tremendous umami finish to perfectly roasted and smoky pork. The chicken was a revelation - the free range bird was just excellent, with clear fire-roasted flavors, and deep chicken goodness, especially the dark meat. Serving sizes were generous - we still had leftovers enough for a small luncheon! The house micro-brew was excellent, too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014My wife enjoyed the sea scallops. I enjoyed the 3 filets special. Our waiter was very helpful on toppings and on ordering medium rare, which was the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little off that nightKG65VIPDined on 9/15/2014The food was as good as ever, but the service was a little off on the Monday night we celebrated my girlfriend's birthday. We were seated for about 10 minutes before anyone offered us a drink and bread. I mentioned the birthday in my Open Table reservation, but our server had no idea. She was perfectly pleasant about it and gave us the appropriate dessert with a candle. The service at all Wildfire locations is usually very good, and the minor disappointments of this one night will not keep us from returning.
- GREAT PLACEDansDined on 9/14/2014We have never been disappointed eating at Wildfire. This time we took advantage of the Halibut. The waiter suggested a tremendous inexpensive wine that complemented the food perfectly. It is just a great place to go for a great mealSpecial Features:
- Had a Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I brought my new girlfriend and we had a great time. The staff gave us time to talk and get to know each other, but also was attentive and prompt.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationJimboDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner of excellent food, excellent service and good company. What could be better ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodRandyOVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had the trio medallions and the pork chops both were outstandingSpecial Features:
- unrushed, leisurely nightAnneVIPDined on 9/13/2014Best pork chops we have ever had. Along with the roasted vegetables it was a great meal. We were six people and enjoyed our time together. The only down side was that it was very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!BradCDined on 9/13/2014I've been here a few times before, but this was my third dinner. We are very happy with our steaks. She ordered the Prime Rib and I the Filet Mignon with their signature parmesan crust. Both cooked perfectly, and seasoned well. To top it all off our waiter was very polite and we didn't have to wait for more than couple minutes to flag him down.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Always very good food but noisy and frenetic on Saturday nights. Have been here many times and saw my 1st service glitch. They brought the food before our ordered salad. They fixed it right away and when the food came later it was obviously not reheated, but fresh plates, including seafood which would have been rubber it it had been kept warm for 20-30 min. and a steak which would have been way overcooked. No such issues. Food was great (though teriyaki glaze on the salmon was kind of heavy).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choicesuburbandinerDined on 9/13/2014Consistently great food, service and an enjoyable restaurant. They fill quickly, so make a reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Lunch or DinnerLunchingladiesDined on 9/13/2014Went for lunch on Sat. I like it best when it's not so crowded. Dinner is much more hectic and noisy but the food quality is consistent. The macadamia crusted halibut is pricey but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!enjoyedVIPDined on 9/13/2014Once again Wildfire hit a home run . Food was great and service was too! That is why I continue to come back.Special Features:
- Awesome LunchIrishRedVIPDined on 9/12/2014Lunched here for the first time and loved it.The menu was great and reasonably priced..the food was elegantly presented..and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateGirlfriendsDined on 9/11/2014The specials were great and the macadamia nut encrusted halibut was delicious as it always is. Service was efficient. We love coming to this restaurant and knowing that our food will always be terrific. Love the specials on wines also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HalibutGroovyTravellerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their selected mealsSpecial Features:
- very consistentMattDined on 9/11/2014We dine at Wildfire in Glenview on a regular basis. The food and service are always predictable...very good!Special Features:
- Latest Wildfire experienceARThurDined on 9/10/2014Have previously dined at Widlfire and had better experiences. Restaurant was very busy even at 7:30 the time of our reservation. We were seated in a back room which lacked the ambience of the main dining room. The sound level was high and the service slower than usual. We usually enjoy the food here. The roast beef served was very good, but my small filet was "grainy" in consistency, smaller than small and on the chewy side. Chopped salad was very good. We would return, but I'll order the roast beef.Special Features:
- ShygirlbluchipVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food here is always very good and consistent but the service tonite was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheoDined on 9/9/2014We arrived 30 minutes late since I forget what time I had booked. However, no problem and we were promptly seated. The restaurant ids big and noisy, we were in an alcove which was much quieter. Not a date place. Big menu, prompt service until the food was served then our waitress got busy elsewhere. My wife had the salmon special which she found very good. I made the mistake of ordering the Romanian skirt steak which was impossible to cut with a serrated knife. It proved to be inedible. I had to spit out pieces that could not be broken down by chewing. I left half the order on my plate and did not take it home. This is the first time in my life this has happened.Special Features:
- Disappointing startWinogirlDined on 9/8/2014There were a couple of misfires - I had asked for a nice table since this was an anniversary dinner - I don't think the girl at the front desk even looked and we were seated right by the kitchen in a very high traffic area. Our waitress started off by asking us if we wanted a drink immediately after we had been seated and when we asked for a minute, she disappeared for about fifteen! After that, things settled in and dinner was quite good but this was not the experience I was expecting at Wildfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Wildfire is always good. I like to go there for special occasions, which in this case was my birthday.Special Features:
- Disappointed in their seafood/fishshirmyVIPDined on 9/6/2014We love Wildfire and go frequently. We were there on a Sat night and got sat immediately for our 8:00 reservations. My husband got the special potato crusted halibut. Huge portion but not much flavor. I got the seafood platter with salmon, crab cake, scallop and coconut shrimp. Again, it was all just o.k. We usually get chops, steaks, or even duck. I don't know if it was an off night or they just don't do fish well. Of course, the chopped salad was had and loved by the 4 of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JKRLJKRLDined on 9/6/2014Always good. Portions are always more than enough. Great service. Didn't feel rushed.Special Features:
- WildfireMolly6414Dined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is everything I expect in a quality Lettuce Entertain You venue. We enjoy the old supper club ambience and extensive menu. Trying to limit heavy dishes I ordered the chicken breasts with artichokes and it was heavenly though much too large a portion to be eaten at one sitting. The chicken was extremely moist and the sauce was light and very flavorful. The waitress made excellent wine suggestions and was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time we were disappointedPpambDined on 9/5/2014This is the 2nd time we were disappointed in Wildfire, Glenview. This is our neighborhood, we frequent this Restaurant - its not the food it's the front desk staff and how they treat people. We sat for 20 mins in a Reserved table and still didn't even get water or attention. My husband went up to the desk twice and then Finally asked to move our table where we would get served. On another occasion, our Anniversary---Pretty much the same thing, we made Reservations and the front desk staff didn't even read our request! We were ignored for 10 to 15 mins and front desk staff didn't even validate our complaint. The Restaurant it self needs updating-showing it wear. But I have to say the food is always good and never disappoints.
- Chicken Clubdebs13VIPDined on 9/5/2014The chicken club is grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, lettuce and is just delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerrichnmarDined on 9/3/2014Food was great as always, we were seated immediately and the weather was perfect for outdoor dining. It was even fun watching people come out to the patio and declare it too sunny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Luv2eatoutDined on 9/3/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildfireRyanDined on 9/2/2014Food is ok. Nothing really separates this place from any other type of mid level steak restaurant. Overall just ok
- Birthday Luncheon OutingNoochieDined on 9/2/2014I selected Wildfire-Glenview to celebrate my boss' 70th birthday. My colleagues and I didn't tell him where we were taking him until we were ready to go. He said he'd never been to the Wildfire for lunch; and that he thoroughly enjoyed it. During the lunch hour it was much less noise, much less crowded...it was an enjoyable experience for all. When we arrived back at the office my boss mentioned to me again how much he joyed the restaurant selection. The food was delectable and the service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingBNO5VIPDined on 9/1/2014My 18 year old son selected WF as his birthday dinner restaurant~ a very special treat! Our server was very personable, but service was extremely slow and one entree was burned while another was undercooked. We expect better when dining there.Special Features:
- Always solidNorthshoredaveVIPDined on 8/31/2014I alwys enjoy goiing o Wildfire. I found that the Glenview Wilfire is better than Lincolnshire in every area. I had the skirt steak and my wife the Filet. Both were cooked nicely. The desserts and salad are always excellent as well.Special Features:
- Steaks at their Bestdebs13VIPDined on 8/31/2014The prime rib was done just right with tangy horseradish sauce. The scallop/filet dinner was so tasty, always a favourite. Round dinner out with a piece of peach/raspberry pie. You can't go wrong!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistenteatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife's tuna was excellent. My prime rib was one of the worst pieces I have ever had. $26.00 for a paper thin slice of beef is a disgrace. If it was 10 ounces I would like to see the scale they used. It did not even have great taste or especially tender. It was just very bad and they should be ashamed to serve something like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing experience at Wildfire, as always! Excellent food, outstanding service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014great experience, made my wifes birthday a special night to rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.