Wildfire - Eden Prairie
8251 Flying Cloud Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Eden Prairie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9529149100
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch& Lunch Saturday: 11:00am-3:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am-3:00pm; Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:15am-4:00pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Friday-Saturday: 4:00pm-11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm; **Open on Thanksgiving: 11:00am-8:00pm.** : 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Roberto Santos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Wildfire now offers office and in-home catering & delivery! The catering menu options are priced per person and include our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak and seafood. We also have boxed lunch salads and sandwiches for convenience at the office. Call and ask for our Parties & Special Events department and they’ll be happy to discuss the details.
A word from Wildfire - Eden Prairie
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Wildfire - Eden Prairie - Best Restaurants in Eden Prairie ›
Wildfire - Eden Prairie reviews from OpenTable diners
335 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (219)good for groups (117)fit for foodies (104)romantic (100)neighborhood gem (92)notable wine list (69)great for lunch (68)hot spot (48)vibrant bar scene (44)great for brunch (30)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (22)great for outdoor dining (18)scenic view (3)Show More
- our favoriteteach1VIPDined on 9/28/2014We never tire of Wildfire. We had a great dinner there, as usual. We split a Kale salad which I loved. We also split the macadamia crusted halibut Gluten free. It was delicious. The portions are very large and we still had enough to take home for leftovers. Lee was our waiter, and he is always great. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014By far the best food, experience, service and overall dining experience ever.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceardaDined on 9/27/2014We had guests from the UK. They asked for "grilled to-mah-toes" as well as a few other things that most Americans don't ask for -- but our waiter was awesome and accomodated them. I had the lamb chops and he even brought me some "mint jelly" (even though he indicated at first that these didn't come with those -- most chefs probably get insulted when somebody puts mint jelly on their masterpieces...kinda like putting ketchup on steak...but hey, I like my lamb that way...). At any rate, our waiter was great (but I forgot his name) and our guest thoroughly enjoyed their meal (both had petite filets) and the "extras". They also raved about the desserts (particularly the fact that you could get half-orders...).Special Features:
- JaneDined on 9/26/2014We celebrated our friend's birthday. Our waiter surprised her by calling her by name. The personal birthday dessert was also a surprise to her and she commented that she thoroughly enjoyed being at Wildfire and the food. I will come back and bring my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomcatDined on 9/25/2014Good wine list. Filet was done just right as was prime rib. Not big on dessert but Banana crème pie was the best I've ever had. Overall very reliable value.Special Features:
- JanCDined on 9/24/2014Food was excellent! Halibut was exceptional. Everyone was very friendly. Waitress was very nice and helpful in explaining menu questions! Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food - nicely preparedKeitzDined on 9/23/2014The food here for us has been consistently outstanding. We range towards more traditional fare in our tastes, and this restaurant never fails to delight. Being so popular and accommodating to groups and business folks means that it is sometimes crowded and noisy. The steaks are always delightful and have been very good cuts prepared perfectly to order when we've had those here. Our favorite here, however, is the macadamia-encrusted halibut selection. With the lemon/butter sauce and the crunchy coating on top this is an absolute to-die-for choice. I've had other Halibut selections at other fine restaurants, but this one beats all others hands-down so far. Since it is seasonal, you'll have to check with the restaurant for availabilitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, cramped, over-priced!AejAmjDined on 9/23/2014Went there to celebrate my husband's birthday. Never again! Our party of 8 was seated around a cramped tiny table. The noise level was ridiculously loud. Our server, Leslie S. didn't even take our dinner order until we were there for an hour. The food, when we finally got it, was good, but it was so not worth the time and the money. For us, this nose-dived into a chaotic "get-me-out-of-here" event!
- JuleVIPDined on 9/22/2014Perfect weather day for outside and we had the best waiter ever.Special Features:
- Steakhouse for the SuburbssolpoDined on 9/21/2014Wildfire is great place for a solid dinner in the suburbs. Wait staff is good, and they do their best to hide the obvious pressure they're put under to upsell. The food is midwestern steakhouse basic, well executed. When you want a comfortable, tasty dinner where the food is good enough to be enjoyable, but not so good that you lose track of the company you're with, it's the place to be.
- Would eat there again...UbieDined on 9/21/2014Food was great. we got there for lunch and breakfast and so some had lunch and some had breakfast. All the food was great. I had a dirty fork, and I got ice in my drink when I asked for it without ice and we had to keep asking for water. We were in their Vikings room which was great but may have caused the miss steps. We closed the door to keep the music down so we could talk. If we hadn't been in the room I think I would have had a hard time hearing people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Time FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014I am a repeat customer. On this occassion three of us had an early 5:30 p.m. dinner on a Saturday night. We each had different entrees - fish, chicken and steak - and all of us were very happy with our meals. Our server was knowledgeable about the food and attentive to our needs. We had enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Not very good this timewineandfoodloverVIPDined on 9/20/2014While the service was OK, the food was not. Salads weren't particularly fresh, as judged by the greens and the special, Chiliquiles, was less than adequate. It seemed as if the salads were left under a warmer while waiting for the chicken to grill or while waiting to be picked up by the wait staff. The Chiliquiles were about the spiciest of ketchup and tasted as if the chips had been seasoned with ketchup. They, too, must have been kept under a warmer as the parts that weren't dry and hard were tough. In fact, for the first time ever in eating Chiliquiles, I had to use a knife to cut them. The accompanying "guacamole" was nothing more than mashed, not-quite-ripe avocado. I hope this experience doesn't indicate what's ahead.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Very affordable, great service and even better foodSpecial Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014The food and the service were excellent. A bit pricey but worth it. Very noisy, difficult to hear others at the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday TreatDiscernableDined on 9/14/2014Everyone in our party enjoyed our meal. My daughter had the coconut shrimp, which are baked, and were the best I've ever tasted. I had the mixed grill and the meat was very flavoraable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the4oscarVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have enjoyed consistently good food and service. The time to be seated was longer than expected. The tables were so tightly packed in our area that the people behind me either back into my chair or caught me with an elbow. It was loud and difficult to hear our party of 6.Special Features:
- perfect choicePerfectchoiceDined on 9/13/2014We were entertaining guests from the state of Wyoming that requested an evening of fine dining. Wildfire was the perfect choice! Our dinners were all delicious and the service exceptional. Our server was so professional and entertaining as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingab123Dined on 9/13/2014I could go on and on about how we love this place, but all I'll say here is that EVERYTHING was OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Service at Wildfire seems to have gone downhill a bit over the past couple years - waiters/waitresses aren't very attentive. Host/ess stand employees were not very friendly/professional -- not a great way to start the dinner Also wish they would spread tables out a bit -- you are always sitting right on top of the people next to you --- for a higher end restaurant, it takes a lot away from the experience We specifi ed that we were celebrating an anniversary but nothing was mentioned during our visit -- then why even ask in the reservation if it's a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not StellarTobyDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant ran out of the evening's "special" before 7:00 PM and had nothing to say but "sorry." The table next to us complained about the "special" not being available as well - and miraculously, the manager discovered one more "special" for them somewhere in the kitchen. How nice for them. Not so much for my husband. I requested my prime rib to be "medium" - it arrived VERY "medium rare" and pulpy. It was replaced with another "medium rare" piece that was good, but still missed the mark on "medium." I wish we hadn't chosen Wildfire to celebrate our 15 year anniversary. It wasn't the memory I was hoping to have.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouseshanlee43Dined on 9/12/2014Even though this seems like it maybe would not be as great because it is attached to a mall, the food here is fantastic! We stumbled upon this restaurant last year and have made it a point to come back several times. I usually order the prime rib, which is amazing, while my husband switches it up between seafood and steak. All of which have been delicious. His favorite so far, however, is the Wellington that is only served on Saturdays. It is so amazing! The choice of sides is excellent; especially if you prefer something other than potatoes. The restaurant itself is a little crowded around the bar area but, there are many tables and boothes throughout the restaurant. We always reserve our night out, so we don't have to wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to standardsLBeeDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I have been coming to Wildfire for years since we were introduced to many Lettuce Entertain You restaurants when we lived in Chicago over 20 years ago. This birthday meal was not memorable and not up to their usual standards....My steak was over cooked and tough. The replacement steak was perfectly done yet still very tough. At over $30, this was unacceptable. However the roasted mushrooms were fabulous, the way I expected. I doubt we'll rush back, which is unfortunate.Special Features:
- Can't missDiningDuosDined on 9/12/2014Wildfire is always consistent delivering excellent service and great food. If you are looking for a great meal that can suit everyone's needs, Wildfire is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumVIPDined on 9/11/2014Everything was good but not great. I do like they offer a beer tasting flight as well as some wine options. The chicken breast entree were ok but over cooked and the filet was done right on the money. The sides are no longer family style which used to be a good selling point. Wouldn't go out of our way to go back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014It was a fabulous meal, steaks were cooked to perfection and were absolutely delicious. Food portion was great, I definitely had way more than I could handle. The booths were comfy to sit in and it was a very relaxing and pleasant environment.Special Features:
- our favorite placeteach1VIPDined on 9/10/2014Wildfire continues to be our favorite place to dine. The food, and service are always consistently excellent. We just love everything about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; noisy atmosphere5dinersDined on 9/10/2014The menu is varied, so anyone should be able to find something they would like. The cedar-plank salmon is excellent. Everyone in our group of 5 rated their food as very good. The portions for the entree salads were a bit large. Service was good. We were initially seated near the kitchen and asked to be moved to a slightly quieter location. The request was granted but the noise level still made conversation challenging.Special Features:
- Great Palce to Relax or CelebrateJeffKDined on 9/9/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere. We have never been disappointed whether an intimate Frdiay night date night for me and my wife or our recent celebration for my wife and her twin brother with our families. It has always been a great place to eat. We'll be back again!Special Features:
- Special Placecjcj143Dined on 9/6/2014What a great place to celebrate - food was delicious and the service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great guaranteeSmokenomoreDined on 9/6/2014We always go back, because Wildfire is a guarantee of the best food, service and it is fun!!Special Features:
- frequent dinerfreqdiner1Dined on 9/6/2014Join the frequent diner club, coupons and birthday $15 plus free dessert is great. Love the walleye sandwich, good mashed potatoes and ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWellingtonEPCPDined on 9/6/2014Wildfire's Saturday Night Special is a Filet Mignon Wellington that melts in your mouth! It is paired perfectly with their au gratin potatoes. It's so nice to find someone that still makes this taste treat from years past, but get there early before they run out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2014Wait staff was excellent. Food was excellent. Made a special request with food preparation and they were very accommodating. We like to start out with a martini. They were served icy cold.Special Features:
- GreateatfoodVIPDined on 9/4/2014Wildfire is always reliable for great food and great service. Thanks for a fun night.
- LovetoeatoutVIPDined on 9/2/2014Very accommodating. Good walleye and very nice salad. We were not rushed.Special Features:
- GET THE HALIBUT!MangerMeganDined on 8/31/2014We started off our meal with the featured appetizer, Lobster Crusted Sea Scallops which were delightful. Moving on to the main course the Macademia Nut Encrusted Halibut was phenomenal. The featured steak, a Feta Crusted Strip Steak was just okay. The meat was a little tough (ordered medium-rare) and the feta crusting just was not a nice compliment to the steak. Our server was friendly and attentive but we felt his recommendation of the Feta steak was way off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly above averageStMaartenManDined on 8/30/2014The overall experience was above average but fell short of excellent. The setting was great and the server was too but they were out of the two menu items I ordered. The tenderloin I had was over cooked and only average quality. The augratin potatoes were recommended but were less than desirable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was wonderful Prime rib walleye Hallibit Each was great The waiter was very good alsoSpecial Features:
- FoodModestosteveDined on 8/30/2014I have dined here on many occasions and rank it as one of my favorites however, the food I tried lemon chicken breasts were very fatty and one of the most and only time I have been disappointed in the quality for $18 you have to do better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.