Wildfire - Chicago
159 West Erie St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3127879000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30am-10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am-10:00pm; Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm; Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Edgar Ojeda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Chicago
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Wildfire - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Wildfire - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
513 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (297)good for groups (255)fit for foodies (175)romantic (171)neighborhood gem (116)notable wine list (115)hot spot (82)great for lunch (76)kid-friendly (58)vibrant bar scene (53)late-night find (35)great for brunch (24)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- So bad our bill was zeroed outKathVIPDined on 9/28/2014Go elsewhere! New chef needed. . . period! Artichoke Chicken under a 1/2" thick over-cooked = tough/tasteless. Salmon so over-cooked serving board burnt black. They all saw this, yet still served. None of them cared what the customer was served.
- Always great!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wildfire never disappoints. This was the first time I had the Waldorf salad and to my surprise it was absolutely delicious! I was expecting okay, but was quite pleased.
- Excellent experienceWonderfulDined on 9/27/2014I had not been to Wildfire in years. My date wanted to go and we both had a taste for steak. It was excellent. We were seated right away. Our server was great. Understood that we didn't want to rush through ordering and dinner. We even receive a complimentary milton chocolate cake for dessert! I will not wait to long to have dinner here again.Special Features:
- Birthday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014The Wildfire is a great place for group dinning. I went with a group of four. We all was not there at the same time but the reservation was held for the entire party's arrival. The service was very good and prompt. The food was great. This was my first time at the restaurant and was referred by friends who also gave great reviews. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wildfire experienceLadydDined on 9/27/2014This was my first time at wildfire. The restaurant was lovely, the service was fantastic and the food great. I would definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceluv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Went for our anniversary. Great service. The wait staff even surprised us with dessert on the house.Special Features:
- jlovingchicagoJlovingchicagoDined on 9/26/2014Absolutely loved everything about this restaurant.. had the triple steak medallion.. sooo yummy!Special Features:
- Family dinner for Jewish holidayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014I would recommend Wildfire to all friends who wanted to have a family dinner for the holiday... the service, from the host to the waitress, was fantastic... all our requests were met. We had 2 children, 3 & 6, that were treated well and loved the food! The holiday dinner was amazing... including matzo balls, chopped liver and the apples & honey... Thank you.. we will be back!Special Features:
- Great Experience!GreatDined on 9/21/2014Overall a great experience with amazing food! Would come back and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive with average foodmidniteVIPDined on 9/21/2014The prices were high and the food was average. My filet came out cold and soup was luke warm. Waiter was pleasant but service was slow. Overall, there are many better places in this price range with more consistent food quality.Special Features:
- Great service...great food!DiningdocDined on 9/20/2014I took my boyfriend, his parents and best friends to dinner to celebrate his birthday here on Friday. We had dinner reservations at 9:15 but the limo was late...so late we rolled up at 10:05 to closed doors. They close at 10-since I called ahead of time they opened the doors and let us in. We never felt Rushed or got the "please hurry the kitchen is closed speech." We ate in peace and enjoyed every bite. The waitress even brought the birthday boy out a piece of cake w candles. Wildfire saved a night that was going down the tubes fast secondary to poor transportation (limo driver will get a less than glowing review!). Great service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 9/19/2014Nice but still casual, so could fit many occasions. I believe our server's name was Jennifer -- really sincere, excellent service. Food straightforward but solid. JHI would recommend this to a friend.
- Short of wildGeokam85VIPDined on 9/19/2014this is a nice Bar food joint. It's not a foodie haven. Good service, food is good, great for quick lunch. The prezel app is fantastic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Dining Experience!!!!PhillipMichaelVIPDined on 9/17/2014My 2 recent visits to Wildfire have been so good that I have moved it back onto my 5 favorite restaurants list!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to kick-back a bitoptimistDined on 9/17/2014We went on a Wednesday evening. Even at 6:00 the place was full and quite loud. I had trouble hearing my companion. He had the buffalo meatloaf. I had whitefish piccata and creamed spinach. All were very good, albeit a bit salty. We skipped the wine. Nothing exceptional on the list and very overpriced. Dessert was berries and vanilla ice cream. Not great ice cream, but the berries were just fine. Could have used a shot of cointreau, though. Waiter was very fine and knew his wines. It was a good way to end a very stressful day. This is a very good place for the younger set. Very lively ambiance. Even so, I would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing short of awesome!Greatfood1Dined on 9/16/2014Food was absolutely amazing. Service was great and setting is very nice. Definitely a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shine not only worn off-It's goneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014This clearly looks like the kind of place that a high school kid would take a date. The food was OK... but I wasn't able to order my first two choices because they ran out. Crowded when we arrived at 8:30 the place was dead an hour later. I might hit Wildfire again with a group of people but then only if I find myself near one of the suburban locations.Special Features:
- Movie/Dinner NightMamsDined on 9/13/2014After movie date night my significant other and I arrived to our 8:45pm reservation. We arrived 15 mins early. We were welcomed with a warm greeting. While waiting for our reserved time we sat at a waiting table; he had a tall glass of water and I had the Wild Raspberry Cosmo which was made to perfection. The wait time buzzer alarmed at 8:45 and we were seated. As always the food was delicious. The waiter made sure that we received what we ordered with the extra blue cheese dressing, and creamed spinach/chips. We couldn't end the night without dessert which was the skillet chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream atop for him and the portioned ice cream sandwich for me. The night ended perfectly!!Special Features:
- WildfirelovetooeatDined on 9/13/2014Food was great. Filets and fish were very good. Service was poorSpecial Features:
- Repeat OffenderDopebusterDined on 9/13/2014My Wife, myself, family as well as groups have dined here several times. The level of service is always consistent that's why we return time after time. ALWAYS a great meal and time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDirtysteveDined on 9/13/2014I took my girlfriend on Saturday 9/13/14 for our 1 year anniversary. Service was wonderful. Out waitress came by frequently tending to our needs. The food is terrific and relatively inexpensive for the quality of the restaurant. I had the BBQ chicken & ribs combo platter. For desert I had the red velvet cake. I would recommend this place to anyone. I plan to come back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old school place, neglectedhlaneDined on 9/13/2014I haven't been here for 10+ years but had always thought a good, competent restaurant. The menu just seemed tired, and our waiter seemed to want to be somewhere else, and did disappear for a good 20-min stretch after food served, when you wanted him. Traffic on the floor by the wait staff, just seems chaotic as a small army constantly rush past your table, but not necessarily imparting good service. We had the prime rib (the entire reason we went) and scallops, which were both very good. I had the macadamia-crusted halibut, which seemed overcooked, and the crust obscured the fish. Perhaps just a bad choice on my part. I probably won't go back, (maybe for the prime rib). Just seemed old school, but not in a positive way, to me.
- GreatPerryDined on 9/13/2014This was our first experience with Wildfire the food was very good and the service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Outstanding experiencePrincessButtercupDined on 9/13/2014Just got back from a "girls weekend out" in Chicago. We only did one "nice" dinner, which ended up being Wildfire. We weren't disappointed! Great food; great atmosphere; great find! We just loved the supper club feel. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & reliableSuziVIPDined on 9/12/2014As always, great food, great ambiance, great service, great time had by allSpecial Features:
- it's okayfuhgeddaboutitDined on 9/12/2014it's not exceptional, but it has good service. I had a petite filet, which was tender but tasteless, but that seems to be the norm these days unless you go to a steakhouse, and even then there is no guarantee that meat will have a taste to it. The fries were hot, but limp. The cake - a carrot cake which I shared - was okay, but it was very wet....somehow the frosting didn't really adhere to the cake. The wine was fine.Special Features:
- OfficeTeamDined on 9/12/2014perfect spot for a quiet working lunch with my boss. Great menu and service.Special Features:
- Excellent food and drinksKrashtestVIPDined on 9/11/2014Enjoyed the Martini Lounge along with the Happy Hour apps and drinks specials - great food and drinks. Can't recommend this place highly enough.Special Features:
- ChiTownVisitorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Ordered a steak and it was made exactly the way I requested. It was nice to receive a steak cooked the way I requested it.Special Features:
- Wildfire never disappointsmmkchicagoVIPDined on 9/10/2014I was lucky to get a last minute reservation as this place was PACKED when we arrived. Great atmosphere, cozy, but energetic. I believe our waiter was new or nervous, but after awhile he did a fine job. I had the beet salad, prime rib and mashed potatoes which were all great. My husband had the salmon and broccoli. Also good. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- great as alwaysneighborVIPDined on 9/9/2014Jason was great! Great food and service as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great Experience!bs093070VIPDined on 9/8/2014I have been a regular to the downtown location - I always get the same thing - the trio of crusted filet medallions. They were terrific, as always. We started off with a special - a salad of grilled peaches and candied pecans - excellent! Had a nice Sauvingnon Blanc along with au gratin potatoes and creamed spinach. For dessert, we shared a trio of mini-desserts. The meal was fantastic!Special Features:
- Solid restaurant w/ extensive menuthefair26Dined on 9/7/2014We were in town for a large trade show so wanted dinner reservations in advance. We weren't able to get into one of our favorite steakhouse/seafood restaurants in the River North area so I chose Wildfire based on Open Table reviews and wasn't disappointed. In fact, the menu and ambiance reminded me a lot of our first choice. The menu was varied with lots from which to choose. We all enjoyed our meals. Service was attentive. Very solid experience and I would definitely recommend Wildfire.
- A memorable Silver AnniversaryFlyingchicDined on 9/6/2014This is by all means one of the best steakhouses restaurants that I have been to for a long while. The service was excellent and the food was beyond wonderful. The wine list was incredible and they allowed you to sample a variety of wines to go along with your meal. I would recommend this restaurant to all of my friends. They certainly made our celebration a great memorable one. Thank you Wildfire so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks!RedheadtravelerDined on 9/6/2014Went to the restaurant on a recommendation from a friend who said "i had the best steak I've ever eaten" and we weren't disappointed. Had the trio of filets (mushroom topping was our favorite) and a plain filet mignon. Steaks were cooked to perfection. Side of a cheddar stuffed potatoe (albeit it HUGE) was yummy and plenty for 2 to share. Would definitely go back whenever we're in Chicago.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Never a disappointing experience! Wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodyFoodyDined on 9/5/2014We had a great booth and a great dinner celebration....lots of menu choices, plan on going back for a more casual lunch outing You can't go wrong, it's a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant...always can count on them being very good.Special Features:
- Awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014We will be back here everytime we visit Chicago. The decor and music were great and the food was amazing. Try the pretzels with beer cheddar sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentCarlyDined on 9/4/2014My favorite restaurant in Chicago. Great service, Great food, Great location. Can't be beat.Special Features:
- Won't Be ReturningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014I have dined at Wildfire on numerous occasions with friends, family and co-workers. Each experience was positive. My experience this past Sunday was not. The server was in a hurry and appeared to be rushing us through the meal. The server also appeared disinterested in providing quallity service until she presented the bill. The food was also not up to par. My fiance ordered chicken which was fatty and my scallops had a bad fishy odor. I am very disappointed in a restaurant that has always been one of my go to favorites.