Wildfire - Chicago
159 West Erie St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (312) 787-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30am-10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am-10:00pm; Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm; Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Edgar Ojeda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Chicago
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Wildfire - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Wildfire - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
471 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (257)good for groups (237)fit for foodies (167)romantic (134)neighborhood gem (107)notable wine list (104)hot spot (75)great for lunch (70)vibrant bar scene (55)kid-friendly (43)late-night find (30)great for brunch (17)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- They went beyond great customer service!3WILLIAMSGIRLSDined on 11/23/2014It was my bday and my husband and I had to do two separate reservations because of the amount of guest we had, The staff at Wildfire had no problem accommodating us by sitting our groups together, they're very friendly the service was great and the food was spectacular we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can do better for a steak.Katrine822Dined on 11/22/2014After hearing my brother and SIL gush over the food at Wildfire, we decided to take the plunge. It was 'okay' - not bad by any stretch but once you have a fantastic steak somewhere, spending $200 for 'okay' doesn't make you want to toss out recommendations. For those who have had a fantastic Ruths Chris steak (NOLA, Pittsburgh, NJ) or anyone who has eaten at Ken Stewart's outside of Akron Ohio - you know what I mean. Those are fantastic, this was something you could have done yourselves on the grill. The only difference was there was no prep, no cleanup and you ate hot food without having to get up and get juiceboxes or cut someone else's meal. Won't go again, but glad we tried it.Special Features:
- Gluten free heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014This is a great place for gluten free options. Ask for a gluten free menu. You will be surpirsed how many options are available. They even have gluten free pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Our second visit to Wildfire was an enjoyable one. We used two gift certicates we were given and we really enjoyed this visit, food was very good and our waiter was friendly and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak was among the very best!Timtaster1Dined on 11/21/2014The experience of any restaurant for me comes down to one thing, taste! The Filet Mignon was amazingly tender and flavorful. The rest of the meal was equally delicious. Great experience and one I will repeat soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLunchingladiesDined on 11/18/2014The food was good but the accommodations were even better. When I made the reservation I mentioned we would have a wheelchair and we were celebrating a birthday. When we arrived they were prepared to help us up a secret passage into the restaurant. Then, they had the ramp ready to get us down to the dining room. I had the tuna and it was delicious. This is one of our go to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rueben has got to be the best server on staff!!!MrGeeDined on 11/16/2014Our server Rueben was very attentive, engaging, pleasant and overall thorough. Superior serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014The food is always really good and consistent at Wildfire. Our only complaint this go around was with our server. The service started off really good, if not a bit odd. I felt like our server was performing on the stage - she seemed to over enunciate everything, weird, but not a deal breaker. The problem came with dessert. She came out with two complimentary birthday desserts, which was really nice, but, neglected to see if we wanted anything else. I felt like after she dropped those off, she was done with us. I had to flag her down for coffee and after dinner drinks - we would have liked them with dessert, and not wait until after. We had also seen some desserts go by that looked really good, and would have ordered them, despite the "free" ones. It was only after she was flagged down that she bothered to offer anything else - too late, as it took awhile to flag her down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Had a great dinner; there was no rush--just a relaxing dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Great restaurant and fantastic food! I come to Chicago occasionally for work and like to eat at Wildfire where I know I will have a nice steak. Just need to find a reason to get to Chicago more frequently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guests.GigiDined on 11/14/2014Great Chicago experience. Food was good, both steak and seafood. Kids are comfortable. Out of town guests enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a Burger King with table serviceMKHaywardVIPDined on 11/13/2014As a Chicagoan I can tell you to skip this place. There are far better food and service experiences on almost any corner in town. Our waitress was a robot. No engagement. Read through the list of specials with such lifelessness and speed it broke the lively, fun mood. After we ordered we never saw her again. We waited 30 minutes for drinks. We waited 45 for our entrees. The steaks were fine though a bit overdone - no fault of the chefs - they were just sitting under the heat lamp forever. The chicken sandwich was cold and soggy in spite of the plate being too hot to touch. The fries were just limp. I used the bread knife as my steak knife as I couldn't get anyone's attention to bring me one. We had to ask for our check AND ask for our card to be picked up and then got the heck out of there.Special Features:
- Much to Celebrateluv2dineoutDined on 11/11/2014Both my sister and I enjoyed the good food, good service and ambiance as we celebrated her birthday at Wild Fire.Special Features:
- Frequent DinerLOVEROFFOODDined on 11/10/2014I love Wildfire.. My favorite drink is the Strawberry Sidecar (the name has been changed a few times but its still delicious) Ive never had a complaint about my food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzieDined on 11/9/2014We always eat at Wildfire when in Chicago. I love the Halibut. I hope it is not taken off the menu as the waiter mentioned. We have never had anything we did not like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRobertSDined on 11/9/2014Sandy G took good care of us. She was very knowledgeable and explained in detail all of the specials. Service was fantastic. We both ordered the prime rib medium rare. Later the chef came to explain that the meat was cooked medium. That was fine with us..It was only a minor difference. But when the bill came the restaurant subtracted over $9.00 from the bill because of this! WOW. I was impressed. The food was excellant. For dessert the selections were brought to our table for us to choose. It was impossible not to choose one from the many good selections. Overall it was a positive experience and the next time I am in Chicago I will definately go to Wildfire.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three girls from SwedenRosemaryDined on 11/9/2014Searched on Google for a Steakhouse down town Chicago and Wildfire was one of them. We were more than satisfied with this choice!Special Features:
- Excellent.NA11VIPDined on 11/8/2014Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.
- Busy night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014My friend and I had dinner reservations on a Saturday night. Of course there were many individuals waiting for a table, but because of our reservation we were seated within a minute upon arrival. The service was okay. Because it was such a busy night, our waiter had many people to attend to and seemingly forgot some of our requests. However, the food was phenomenal, as always, and would love to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night at Wildfirejfam5Dined on 11/8/2014When we made reservations via OpenTable, I left a note regarding some preferences for table location as well as details regarding two food allergies in the group. The moment we walked in, not only were we thankful for having made a reservation (there was a 90 min wait), but the host immediately discussed with us the food allergies and said he hoped we liked our table. We were delighted to be led into a small quiet front room, sort of like a private den, where we were seated at a lovely table near the window. Our waitstaff were incredibly attentive without being overwhelming, the food was perfectly prepared, and we left incredibly stuffed and happy!Special Features:
- TablemannersVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great food and service. An innovative take on a traditional steak house with lots of interesting menu alternatives. We also enjoyed the throwback supper club ambience. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuBobbyPVIPDined on 11/7/2014No matter your food preference wildfire comes through as a great choice. Plenty of selections and hard to make a decision, always the toughest part of the meal. Steaks, fish, chicken all prepared great with tremendous sides and salads. Be sure to order the chopped salad. And great wine and drinks.Special Features:
- ChicagoKenDined on 11/7/2014We've been to Wildfire many times, and have never been disappointed. Dramatic setting, great service, excellent food.Special Features:
- Decent overallJRS75Dined on 11/6/2014Service was good. Environment is nice. Overall, it was fine. Didn't have an issue except with my entre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedGregVIPDined on 11/3/2014Stopped here for dinner with coworkers. Steaks were perfectly prepared and every bit as good as those from the super expensive steakhouses around the city. Would absolutely recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eat2liveDined on 11/1/2014I have been to Wildfire many times and this was the first time that I had a complaint. I had reservations for 6:30 and due to traffic and valet parking issues (Wildfire only had 1 valet parking attendant on a very busy Saturday evening so we had to wait almost 15 minutes to get our car parked), we were 30 minutes late for our reservation. The greeter explained that they only hold reservations for 15 minutes and that we would have to wait 45 minutes for a table. I take exception to this since the restaurant itself contributed to my tardiness. Also, the noise level is quite high. Other than that, I had no complaints. The food was great, the drinks were good and my server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As excellent as alwaysFLUFFYDined on 11/1/2014We come to Wildfire for special events: anniversary, birthday, etc., so we don't come that often - so every time I make plans, I am concerned that it won't be the same as always Not to worry - the restaurant was packed but we were seated immediately - had a martini flight (my favorite), prime ribs, creamed spinach, chocolate martini for dessert Service was spectacular, as was the food and the ambience. It smells wonderful in there, and even the times when I have had nothing to drink, I always leave feeling like I have just had 3 martinis - makes me happySpecial Features:
- Wildfire a sure hitDaveVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had ribs and the special new york strip at our most recent visit. Both were expertly prepared, extremely tasty and lived up to what we have come to expect of Wildfire. We typically pick this restaurant when we want to give ourselves a treat. We began with a cup of French Onion and the shrimp-crab bisque, which is in a class my itself. The waitstaff was superb, friendly and helpful. Our only complaint is the incredibly row of small tables for two. We ordinarily can opt out of these ridiculous and uncomfortable settings (it reminds me of trying to eat in one of those mini-sleepers on Amtrak), but were stuck there this time because the restaurant was so busy. The tables may work for one, but are too small for two.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My girlfriend and I went here for our anniversary and we had a great time. Our waiter was fantastic and the food was delicious, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good diverse menubkchicagoVIPDined on 11/1/2014Wildfire is still delicious. Service was excellent. We were not rushed and the prices were not like some of the astronomical prices of steakhouses - both of which were appreciated. Filet trio was exceptional.Special Features:
- Exceeded Expectations!metroDined on 10/29/2014I'm from Seattle and Wildfire is where we go when in Chicago. This time I took several clients who had not been before and we all had a wonderful experience. Food, Wine, Service, Ambiance, all in a casual, but classy setting. We all really like the "supper club" feel. Everyone gave Wildfire a "two thumbs up". And the price was reasonable too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and amazing foodeatlikeitsurjobDined on 10/28/2014I server was more than courteous and Auburn is a great wine list and great recommendations for dinner. The food came out extremely quick and was perfectly cooked and also tasted delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific ServiceAWHosmonDined on 10/28/2014Had a small accident at our table with a cocktail glass. Server was at our side as soon as it happened, helped clean everything up quickly, and replaced the drink within minutes. He was even nice enough to take the second drink off of our bill at the end of the night. Terrific service as always from the folks at Wildfire.
- Great Service, Great SteaksBuffaloGurlDined on 10/27/2014My husband joined me on a business trip to Chicago and this place was recommended by a friend. It was a full house so on a Monday night at 7PM so I'm glad we made reservations a week in advance. The service was impeccable, the prices were moderate considering its just a couple blocks over from Michigan Ave. and the four start beef I would say it was awesome. I ordered French onion soup, which was good but not great, but the home made onion loaf bread was simply to die for. The Filet was suberb as were the red mashed. With one bar drink and no dessert my bill alone was around $50.00 with top. My husband was a separate bill and was similar. Overall I would recommend! Dark natural wood, open kitchen, nice place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2014Always enjoy Wildfire. Food is consistent and service is greatSpecial Features:
- NoceAwesome1Dined on 10/25/2014Wonderful service, food, always enjoyed dinner hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceHappyCustomerDined on 10/25/2014Great dining experience. Food was great as well. Open dining area, so not a quiet place to have conversations- but outside of the noise, highly recommend.Special Features:
- AmazingDG4045Dined on 10/25/2014The food here is absolutely amazing. I was in town from DC and saw the yelp reviews for this place so decided to check it out. From the salad, to the filet mignon, bison burger, everything was delicious. The wine flights and beer flights were twice the size of other places. For dessert we had the lava cake and pumpkin pie. Both were absolutely delicious. The service was perfect. Excellent place...worth the hype!Special Features:
- Great food and great service!serdkr2013Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I decided to get away for the weekend and head to Chicago before our new baby arrives. We had never dined at this restaurant before and after reading the great reviews thought we would give it a try. My husband and I both thought the food was great and the prices to be very reasonable. Both of us had steak dinners that were delicious! I also thought our wait staff was very friendly, pleasant, and courteous. We would definitely recommend the place if you are looking for great steaks at a reasonable price!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsSarandipityDined on 10/25/2014I recently dined with my girlfriends as we celebrated Singles' Day (yes I made it up). It was relaxed with delicious food. It's a great steak house, but plenty of other options. Always recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.