Wildfire - Chicago
159 West Erie St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3127879000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30am-10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am-10:00pm; Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm; Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Edgar Ojeda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Chicago
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wildfire - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
516 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (293)good for groups (254)fit for foodies (167)romantic (166)neighborhood gem (120)notable wine list (119)hot spot (83)great for lunch (72)vibrant bar scene (60)kid-friendly (55)late-night find (32)great for brunch (20)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Good placePickyVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food is always dependable. They have a nice assortment of steaks, with some seafood and chicken dishes. The salads and desserts are good and generously sized.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodBrianVIPDined on 10/21/2014This is a sneaky great restaurant in a sea of.good.places. One of Chicago's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Food was delicious. The special was a feta-crusted NY Strip, which sounded great to me, but I wanted lamb chops. The server went above and beyond by asking the kitchen to make me lamb chops with the feta crust, which was not on the menu. I loved it! Our server was fabulous, attentive at the right times and courses were properly spaced. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Always!DWW3Dined on 10/19/2014Fantastic bone-in ribeye! Delicious kid friendly menu. Great time with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildfirejjppmmDined on 10/19/2014High quality meats.I love the chicken and baby-back ribs. The salads are great as well. Wonderful for the carnivore crave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GRRREAT TIMEyrogerg281VIPDined on 10/19/2014Regulars who ALWAYS have a wonderful experience. Rarely have we ever had to request to have our orders redone. Three Prime Ribs were a bit undercooked but were quickly cooked to our satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service on the down sideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Saturday my wife and I visited Wildfire and our waiter ignored us for most of the dinner. Everyone around us had pumpernickel bread so I requested some for our table and it took another request before he brought it. He was not very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PlaceSpecialDined on 10/18/2014This is our third time visiting this location. As usual, the food did not disappoint. The new York steak was so tender and flavorful. As was the au gratin potatoes. Look forward to going again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in ChicagoArcadiafcVIPDined on 10/18/2014Son and I went out for a special evening. Wildfire was the perfect place, food and service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodisawesome01Dined on 10/18/2014I really enjoyed my first time at Wildfire!The waiter and everyone was really kind and I was so grateful and happy that my comment was read about my boyfriends birthday cake. The food was delicious and better than I expected, I would definitely recommend this place and I would like to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I enjoyed the ambiance. The food was outstanding! Our waiter was very knowledgeable and courteous. The food presentation was on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The service was great!!! Would definitely recommend to someone celebrating a special event, birthday, anniversay, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- third home runtomfromtroyDined on 10/17/2014Was here twice two years ago, hoped things were the same. It was food was great and at a good price point. Not cheap but not a second mortgage. The scallop appetizer was superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curran22Dined on 10/12/2014Wildfire is one of my favorite restaurants. An upscale restaurant with great food at good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Romantic DinnerJamesDined on 10/12/2014We hand a very nice dinner in a very nice atmosphere. Food was great. Service was timed just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice with an overrated tasteOverratedDined on 10/11/2014My overall experience at wildfire was fair. The menu wasn't a wide variety for what I was looking for. Not much to select from especially if you have picky eaters with you. For what I paid for I received a small amount of salmon that had a glaze on it that taste like it belonged on a bar-b-que chicken. All in all the service was good for a restaurant of that magnitude but when I left I felt like I over spent for the amount and quality I actually received. I never want to leave a place feeling like I was robbed but unfortunatly that is exactly how I felt leaving Wildfire. Would I go back, no because no one should overspend if it's true quality of food! I should want to spend more money because the food would be that good!!Special Features:
- Delicious Evening DowntownJilly26Dined on 10/11/2014My parents were visiting and we decided to stop downtown for a nice steak meal. We were not disappointed! The food was wonderful, service fabulous! We can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free-dom!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Hi, your restaurant was outstanding! they gave me a GF bun to go along with my mom's roll before we even ordered our meal. The waiter was really accommodating and help us immensely. Thank you so very much for this pleasant and stress free experience. LindsaySpecial Features:
- lives up to its reputationMikebDined on 10/10/2014Great food. Very attentive and knowledgeable staff. Overall we were very pleased with our visit to wild fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service trumps bad traffic.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2014My wife and my favorite place...regulars here for 4 years now. We were 25 minutes late due to really awful traffic and lost our reservation. But we were able to get a seat right away in the bar area. The server was fantastic and made us forget the frustration of the traffic and lost reservation. Food is always great.
- Not happy with foodCooldinerDined on 10/10/2014Steak though a filet was tough. Baked potato was hard. All in all pretty poor for such easy to prepare food! I won't be back
- good to be backkevinDined on 10/10/2014hadn't been to wildfire in over 15 years for no particular reason and we did ourselves a disservice great time and excellent food last minute decision was the best choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesscdineDined on 10/10/2014Consistently good food and service. The atmosphere is inviting. The aroma of wood used for roasting whets the appetite. This trip the bone-in rib eye and filet were amazing. Mushroom caps added to the flavor. Our server and bus staff were very attentive without being overbearing. Overall, a very relaxing and enjoyable meal.
- A Chicago FavoriteChicagoFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Wildfire is one of the best places in the city! The food is AMAZING (the salmon, steaks, chopped salad, and scallop skewers are the favorites)! The wine list is terrific with a wide price range too. The service is up and down but my last visit I had such a wonderful waitress that she changed my whole opinion- Mindy D.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014Service was excellent. Enjoyed the duck and augratin potatoes. Steak was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mbeajDined on 10/7/2014We ate at Wildfire on a weekday evening to celebrate a birthday. We had made a reservation and were seated promptly in a booth which seemed more quiet than the main area with tables (which was good for us). The food and service was excellent. Our waiter was the BEST!!! I would highly recommend Wildfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st VisitBdaygirlDined on 10/7/2014This was our first visit to wildfire and it was excellent. Theservice was great, the food was great everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY NICETMK1Dined on 10/7/2014This is a must go and taste the chicken and ribs and also the prime rib the drinks was ok the tea was excellent and the bill was decentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't goOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/6/2014Service was poor and food was not good. Food was not hot. Would not return or recommend to anyone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/6/2014I hadn't dined at Wildfire for a few years, and I missed it. I thoroughly enjoyed the delicious medallion trio with fabulous, personally selected toppings. Our fine waiter was appropriately attentive (and he was new to the restaurant). I highly recommend that you dine at Wildfire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/6/2014disappointed--for lunch service was very slow. over 1 1/2 hours?Special Features:
- Still Great After All These YearsChrisTomDined on 10/4/2014We went to dinner to celebrate our anniversary as a special memory from one of our first trips to Chicago nine years ago. We were so pleased to find the same great service, wonderful food and overall awesome experience. We each chose an entree and then shared our choices ... I had the filet medallion trio with assorted crusts and my husband had the Chicken Moreno with a side of roasted vegetables ... both dinners were fabulous. It truly was just as good as we remembered and we hope to come back again ... definitely sooner than nine years!Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsJeminence4foodDined on 10/3/2014Always have a great experience at the restaurant the food was well prepared and the drinks are really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfire hmmm just okFromCincyDined on 10/3/2014Four of us ate at Wildfire Chicago on W. Erie on 10/3/2014. The Shrimp and Parmesian Crusted Filet was excellent. The uncrusted filet was tender but rather bland. I had Prime Rib and on a scale of 1 to 10, a 3. I ordered it Medium (just pink). It was very dry and lacked any flavor whatsoever. Was not very hot so I asked them to warm it up. It came back no pink left and drier than ever. IF I would go back and get the Prime I would get it crusted and medium rare. Server was nice, but had too many tables and seemed to be rushing us through everything.Special Features:
- Dinnerg106Dined on 10/3/2014The staff was amazing! The food was amazing! I ordered the lamb chops and my boyfriend ordered a steak, everything was cooked medium rare the way we liked it. The past few times I have gone to a steak restaurant, my food wasnt cooked properly to my liking, but Wildfire went above and beyond to have my lamb the way I wanted the first time around. You will not be disappointed if u choose this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Wildfire has long been a favorite for our family. We know longer live in the area but try to stop in everytime we're back. I brought some friends this trip that had never been. They LOVED the experience and the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- natsVIPDined on 10/3/2014alaways have a great time at wildfire, couldn't ask for a better place.Special Features:
- Great food, but poor service :(luv2eatDined on 9/30/2014Had a delicious lunch at Wildfire Tuesday with my daughter that has celiac disease and must eat gluten-free. We chose a Lettuce Entertain You Restaurant because they seem to have the best gluten free menus around. Unfortunately, our waiter was not knowledgeable about the gluten free food items, and possible beverage choices. Our meals were really good, but our waiter and bus boy did not refill our water at all. As far as I am concerned, you should NEVER have to ask for your water glass to be refilled.Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014The waiter Steve was amazing!! He joked with us and was very attentive. The food was great! You really get your money's worth with the food portions. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteCardonDined on 9/29/2014I often choose Wildfire for entertaining clients. The food is great and the downtown location is close to our offices.Special Features: