Wildfire - Chicago
159 West Erie St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3127879000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30am-10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am-10:00pm; Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm; Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Edgar Ojeda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Chicago
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wildfire - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
514 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (285)good for groups (257)fit for foodies (173)romantic (163)neighborhood gem (118)notable wine list (115)hot spot (87)great for lunch (68)vibrant bar scene (54)kid-friendly (52)late-night find (35)great for brunch (19)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Exceeded Expectations!metroDined on 10/29/2014I'm from Seattle and Wildfire is where we go when in Chicago. This time I took several clients who had not been before and we all had a wonderful experience. Food, Wine, Service, Ambiance, all in a casual, but classy setting. We all really like the "supper club" feel. Everyone gave Wildfire a "two thumbs up". And the price was reasonable too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I server was more than courteous and Auburn is a great wine list and great recommendations for dinner. The food came out extremely quick and was perfectly cooked and also tasted delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great SteaksBuffaloGurlDined on 10/27/2014My husband joined me on a business trip to Chicago and this place was recommended by a friend. It was a full house so on a Monday night at 7PM so I'm glad we made reservations a week in advance. The service was impeccable, the prices were moderate considering its just a couple blocks over from Michigan Ave. and the four start beef I would say it was awesome. I ordered French onion soup, which was good but not great, but the home made onion loaf bread was simply to die for. The Filet was suberb as were the red mashed. With one bar drink and no dessert my bill alone was around $50.00 with top. My husband was a separate bill and was similar. Overall I would recommend! Dark natural wood, open kitchen, nice place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2014Always enjoy Wildfire. Food is consistent and service is greatSpecial Features:
- NoceAwesome1Dined on 10/25/2014Wonderful service, food, always enjoyed dinner hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceHappyCustomerDined on 10/25/2014Great dining experience. Food was great as well. Open dining area, so not a quiet place to have conversations- but outside of the noise, highly recommend.Special Features:
- AmazingDG4045Dined on 10/25/2014The food here is absolutely amazing. I was in town from DC and saw the yelp reviews for this place so decided to check it out. From the salad, to the filet mignon, bison burger, everything was delicious. The wine flights and beer flights were twice the size of other places. For dessert we had the lava cake and pumpkin pie. Both were absolutely delicious. The service was perfect. Excellent place...worth the hype!Special Features:
- Great food and great service!serdkr2013Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I decided to get away for the weekend and head to Chicago before our new baby arrives. We had never dined at this restaurant before and after reading the great reviews thought we would give it a try. My husband and I both thought the food was great and the prices to be very reasonable. Both of us had steak dinners that were delicious! I also thought our wait staff was very friendly, pleasant, and courteous. We would definitely recommend the place if you are looking for great steaks at a reasonable price!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsSarandipityDined on 10/25/2014I recently dined with my girlfriends as we celebrated Singles' Day (yes I made it up). It was relaxed with delicious food. It's a great steak house, but plenty of other options. Always recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All great but the bartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Had a great time at Wildfire this evening for the most part. We had wonderful food and great service. We first sat in the bar for a good while and proceeded to go for dinner at a table later on. The server was excellent and the bartender really knew his stuff; however it was difficult to get the bartenders attention due to unnecessary hands in or hanging around the well. Seemed to be a lot of casual story telling going mostly in Spanish with several obscenities being used. I'm all for having a good time at work - used to be in the service industry myself, just would recommend to make sure this doesn't interfere with service and that the conversation won't offend anyone within earshot. Other than this our experience was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingbifforamaDined on 10/24/2014Nice looking restaurant inside, and the jazz music playing gave it a nice ambiance. But the food was disappointing. They had the worst coconut shrimp I have ever eaten, and the filet mignon was so-so as well. At best, anything we were served was just okay. I would not go back, and would not recommend it to anyone.
- tribwajDined on 10/24/2014We were celebrating my boyfriends birthday and the service, drinks and food were great. The waiter even brought a birthday brownie to my birthday.Special Features:
- Good placePickyVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food is always dependable. They have a nice assortment of steaks, with some seafood and chicken dishes. The salads and desserts are good and generously sized.Special Features:
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Steak was cooked perfectly! Great cocktails and sides as well... Even brought out a surprise dessert for my boyfriends birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodBrianVIPDined on 10/21/2014This is a sneaky great restaurant in a sea of.good.places. One of Chicago's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceHokie77Dined on 10/20/2014The aroma was inviting and the service was attentive. We had the bone in rib eye which we had to send back because it was underdone but came back a perfect medium as desired. I also enjoyed the bread, onion and pumpernickel. We had grilled vegetables which were delicious. After dinner my wife had dessert, the triple chocolate cake which was bittersweet and I had to eat most of it. I liked it but I'm not really a dessert person. Overall I would say it was a great experience and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior meal and servicerocknrollaVIPDined on 10/20/2014I brought 2 clients with me. They were new to Chicago. Our server was named Sandy and she could not have been better. Outstanding wine recommendations. It is a must now when I visit ChicagoSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Food was delicious. The special was a feta-crusted NY Strip, which sounded great to me, but I wanted lamb chops. The server went above and beyond by asking the kitchen to make me lamb chops with the feta crust, which was not on the menu. I loved it! Our server was fabulous, attentive at the right times and courses were properly spaced. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Always!DWW3Dined on 10/19/2014Fantastic bone-in ribeye! Delicious kid friendly menu. Great time with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildfirejjppmmDined on 10/19/2014High quality meats.I love the chicken and baby-back ribs. The salads are great as well. Wonderful for the carnivore crave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Staff was efficient and friendly. The food was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GRRREAT TIMEyrogerg281VIPDined on 10/19/2014Regulars who ALWAYS have a wonderful experience. Rarely have we ever had to request to have our orders redone. Three Prime Ribs were a bit undercooked but were quickly cooked to our satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service on the down sideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Saturday my wife and I visited Wildfire and our waiter ignored us for most of the dinner. Everyone around us had pumpernickel bread so I requested some for our table and it took another request before he brought it. He was not very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PlaceSpecialDined on 10/18/2014This is our third time visiting this location. As usual, the food did not disappoint. The new York steak was so tender and flavorful. As was the au gratin potatoes. Look forward to going again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in ChicagoArcadiafcVIPDined on 10/18/2014Son and I went out for a special evening. Wildfire was the perfect place, food and service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodisawesome01Dined on 10/18/2014I really enjoyed my first time at Wildfire!The waiter and everyone was really kind and I was so grateful and happy that my comment was read about my boyfriends birthday cake. The food was delicious and better than I expected, I would definitely recommend this place and I would like to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I enjoyed the ambiance. The food was outstanding! Our waiter was very knowledgeable and courteous. The food presentation was on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The service was great!!! Would definitely recommend to someone celebrating a special event, birthday, anniversay, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- third home runtomfromtroyDined on 10/17/2014Was here twice two years ago, hoped things were the same. It was food was great and at a good price point. Not cheap but not a second mortgage. The scallop appetizer was superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curran22Dined on 10/12/2014Wildfire is one of my favorite restaurants. An upscale restaurant with great food at good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Romantic DinnerJamesDined on 10/12/2014We hand a very nice dinner in a very nice atmosphere. Food was great. Service was timed just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice with an overrated tasteOverratedDined on 10/11/2014My overall experience at wildfire was fair. The menu wasn't a wide variety for what I was looking for. Not much to select from especially if you have picky eaters with you. For what I paid for I received a small amount of salmon that had a glaze on it that taste like it belonged on a bar-b-que chicken. All in all the service was good for a restaurant of that magnitude but when I left I felt like I over spent for the amount and quality I actually received. I never want to leave a place feeling like I was robbed but unfortunatly that is exactly how I felt leaving Wildfire. Would I go back, no because no one should overspend if it's true quality of food! I should want to spend more money because the food would be that good!!Special Features:
- Delicious Evening DowntownJilly26Dined on 10/11/2014My parents were visiting and we decided to stop downtown for a nice steak meal. We were not disappointed! The food was wonderful, service fabulous! We can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free-dom!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Hi, your restaurant was outstanding! they gave me a GF bun to go along with my mom's roll before we even ordered our meal. The waiter was really accommodating and help us immensely. Thank you so very much for this pleasant and stress free experience. LindsaySpecial Features:
- lives up to its reputationMikebDined on 10/10/2014Great food. Very attentive and knowledgeable staff. Overall we were very pleased with our visit to wild fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service trumps bad traffic.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2014My wife and my favorite place...regulars here for 4 years now. We were 25 minutes late due to really awful traffic and lost our reservation. But we were able to get a seat right away in the bar area. The server was fantastic and made us forget the frustration of the traffic and lost reservation. Food is always great.
- Not happy with foodCooldinerDined on 10/10/2014Steak though a filet was tough. Baked potato was hard. All in all pretty poor for such easy to prepare food! I won't be back
- good to be backkevinDined on 10/10/2014hadn't been to wildfire in over 15 years for no particular reason and we did ourselves a disservice great time and excellent food last minute decision was the best choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesscdineDined on 10/10/2014Consistently good food and service. The atmosphere is inviting. The aroma of wood used for roasting whets the appetite. This trip the bone-in rib eye and filet were amazing. Mushroom caps added to the flavor. Our server and bus staff were very attentive without being overbearing. Overall, a very relaxing and enjoyable meal.
- A Chicago FavoriteChicagoFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Wildfire is one of the best places in the city! The food is AMAZING (the salmon, steaks, chopped salad, and scallop skewers are the favorites)! The wine list is terrific with a wide price range too. The service is up and down but my last visit I had such a wonderful waitress that she changed my whole opinion- Mindy D.Special Features: