Wildfire - Chicago
159 West Erie St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wildfire - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildfirerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3127879000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30am-10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am-10:00pm; Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm; Open Thanksgiving 11:30am-8:00pm; Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Edgar Ojeda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: If you can't come to us, we'll come to you! Our Catering Menus are priced per person and include all of your Wildfire favorites, from our signature Wildfire Chopped Salad, to an assortment of sandwiches, pastas, steak, seafood and more. We also offer boxed lunch salad and sandwich options for convenience in the office. Give us a call and we'd be happy to help plan a great menu for you to enjoy with family, friends or co-workers.
A word from Wildfire - Chicago
Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Wildfire - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Wildfire - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
515 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (304)good for groups (249)romantic (167)fit for foodies (153)notable wine list (112)neighborhood gem (98)hot spot (84)great for lunch (78)kid-friendly (62)vibrant bar scene (52)late-night find (37)great for brunch (35)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Won't Be ReturningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014I have dined at Wildfire on numerous occasions with friends, family and co-workers. Each experience was positive. My experience this past Sunday was not. The server was in a hurry and appeared to be rushing us through the meal. The server also appeared disinterested in providing quallity service until she presented the bill. The food was also not up to par. My fiance ordered chicken which was fatty and my scallops had a bad fishy odor. I am very disappointed in a restaurant that has always been one of my go to favorites.
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014All the meals at my table of 6, we're fantastic! Everyone was awed with how delicious the food was! The waiter was very personable and great at his job! His suggestions were fantastic and we all had a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet to find a go-to Chi steakhouseJaxGatorVIPDined on 8/30/2014A group of six of us went here for our "big dinner" of the weekend. The steaks were broiled, not grilled. Grilled steaks taste better to me. Gibson's, to which I went my last time in Chicago, were at least grilled. I'll test out another one next time I'm in town. The lemon broccoli was at least pretty good, as was the peach melba pie, but I'm obviously there for the steak. Also, it seemed like a popular place to bring one's kids, so maybe we should've tried a higher price point.Special Features:
- OutstandingTwilzDined on 8/29/2014The ambiance, the lovely smell once you enter the building. Our waitress was awesome, and the food was perfect. Amazing place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Very nice ambiance, food wasn't amazing but not bad for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for Great TimeMrWildfireVIPDined on 8/27/2014I continue to come back to this place more and more. Tonight I brought 13 guest/clients/colleagues and they were all impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet romantic spot in busy ChicagoSueHDined on 8/25/2014Wildfire exceeded our expectations on all accounts, great atmosphere, service, food and prices. We dined on Monday which featured a special half price wine list promotion. They have a nice selection of booths if you prefer romantic, cozy or quiet conversations. The menu had a great variety of steaks, seafood, pastas and combination plates. Our entrees were excellent as was our great service - truly a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- won't be going back soonFrancineVIPDined on 8/24/2014very mediorce, nosy, too many tourists. I had the ribs and chicken which was mediorce and the price point very expensive for what you get. I am suprised that they still apparently do okay.
- Great FoodTEEEJDined on 8/22/2014I had the Friday Special of Salmon stuffed with Mushrooms. The food was outstanding. Best salmon I have had in months.Special Features:
- always get what I expectjeffpartyoftwoDined on 8/22/2014Every time I go to a lettuce entertain you restaurant I always walk away feeling satisfied with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationmarianVIPDined on 8/22/2014After dining here for the first time in January 2014 with EXCEPTIONAL service from Jason, we made sure to make reservations to return as we were in Chicago getting our daughter settled at SAIC. We were THRILLED to be able to have Jason serve us again and, as expected, enjoyed another wonderful evening of great food and service. This is our destination restaurant for every return trip to Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedbestseafoodspotDined on 8/21/2014Waiter appeared too overworked to provide high level customer service. Food just OK and not phenomenal as our 1st visit.
- A ClassicBethNWSideDined on 8/21/2014Really love this place. Have been here for many special events. Has been around forever but they still get it done! Nom Nom.Special Features:
- Nice choice and consistently goodGeorgeBDined on 8/20/2014We have dined at this downtown establishment as well as it's sister locations in the suburbs and found it to be consistently good in both it's service and fare. Varied menu pleased all in our party and it was agreed that Wildfire would become a regular when visiting Chicago. Reasonable prices and nice ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A visit to an old favoritePhillipMichaelVIPDined on 8/20/2014Wildfire seemed to be even better than it was during my last visit a few years ago!!! I'll be back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHappydinerDined on 8/20/2014Went here for dinner while in Chicago based off trip advisor reviews and was pleasantly surprised. Had the halibut for dinner and it was awesome, even the dinner rolls were tasty, unique and not your average dinner rolls. The service was very professional as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerKakkVIPDined on 8/18/2014Dinner was awesome. Key Lime Martinis - yum! coffee crusted tbone - delish... service was great.Special Features:
- surprisinggeraldineDined on 8/18/2014Didn't look like much on the outside. Looked very small and outdated, but looked great inside. A bit rustic, like a steakhouse should be. Good wine and beer selection. Food was great. It's obvious that you would consistently get a great meal here. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Special OccasionChrisFDined on 8/17/2014Had a great meal for my daughter's birthday. We all had filet mignon and it was cooked just right. Sides of broccoli and the desserts were terrific as well. Our server Nick P. was personable and attentive.Special Features:
- OutstandingmsmarrogDined on 8/17/2014This was my first time here and I was very pleased. The staff was courteous and attentive but never overbearing. They were very knowledgable regarding the food and were able to make appropriate recommendations based on the questions we asked. I was celebrating my birthday with friends and this could not have been a better place to celebrate.Special Features:
- Excellent SteakhouseCarolHoogDined on 8/16/2014Delicious meal at Wildfire. Everything was wonderful from the service to all of the food. Has kind of an old school steakhouse vibe. Had a very attentive waiter who was great. Would definitely recommend this restaurant. Top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just rightjustright1Dined on 8/15/2014wildfire was just right for my 20-year old grandson and me. After working in Chicago and living in my apartment all summer, he was headed back to New England the next night. He had the very good skirt steak - I enjoyed two appetizers and a glass of House red wine. The table server was perfect - And she took our picture....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RedeemedCaroDined on 8/14/2014The first time we tried Wildfire we were very disappointed. But we decided to try it again for our son's birthday dinner. We were pleasantly surprised. The drinks were refreshing. I highly recommend the berry cherry mojito. Our meals were delicious! From the New York strip steak to the Ellington combo platter. Don't forget the redskin mashed potatoes they are a buttery treat. This will be one of our go to places for special occasions. As the price point for the dinner selections are a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant.BeautifulLe0Dined on 8/13/2014This has been my bday spot for the last 4-5yrs. Love everything about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet CuisineEmilyPapaDined on 8/12/2014Everything tasted amazing. The service was supurb.Special Features:
- ExcellentChicagoFanDined on 8/12/2014I've been to Wildfire before, but this topped even previous experiences. The prime rib I had was cooked and seasoned perfectly. My nephew had the combo plate of pork chop, lamb chop and filet. They were all so good he couldn't pick a favorite of the three. Service was excellent with staff being attentive without being intrusive. Looking forward to a return trip soon.Special Features:
- Everything is Delicious!KanEatDined on 8/11/2014This is a great restaurant with excellent food and service! We were a party of four, ordering 4 different steaks. Each cut of meat was delicious and the desserts that followed were worth every calorie! My personal favorite was the Horseradish encrusted filet. I had just a small taste of the Porterhouse steak as the diner with that plate was not eager to share. The Bison steak had a deep, rich flavor that was wonderful. Lastly, the Prime Rib was delicious but a bit mainstream compared to the more adventurous cuts. I would love to dine here again and actually prefer this restaurant over competitor Ruth's Chris as steaks are served as a meal rather than having to order sides a la cart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place was breath takingLove36Dined on 8/11/2014It was my first time coming there and by surprise was simply beautiful and very romantic I love the fire place and the porter house steaks was cooked to perfection like steak suppose to be waiters was pleasent and very nice will highly rocommend this resturantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014My wife has extensive food allergies and sensitivities, so finding a place to eat is hard. However, Wildfire has always provided excellent service and catered to her needs. It's always been a great experience!Special Features:
- MarvelousByrdDined on 8/9/2014Everything was exquisite. Food was wonderful and wait staff was very knowledgable of food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choicekingdeej23Dined on 8/9/2014Took my girlfriend there for her 1st experience and it was absolutely perfect!! She loved everything about the place!! Made me look like a king that nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!LunaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Again, Wildfire you have surpassed our expectations! I had the New York Strip which was done to perfection, my husband had the ribeye and LOVED it. The service was spot on... We will be back~Special Features:
- Great food, reasonable priceBozfoodDined on 8/8/2014Lunch at Wildfire was very good. They are accommodating for menu modifications and have good gluten-free options. Spinach salad with chicken was excellent with plenty of meat and cheese. French dip was also excellent. The servers were very good but just a little slower than we expected. Highly recommend this river north restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attn: Celiac/Gluten Free: EAT HERE!phiberoptikDined on 8/7/2014Actually, everyone should eat here. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, service, and restaurant overall. The prices are very fair for the amount and quality of food you get and anyone who requires a gluten free diet needs to put Wildfire on their very "short list". The gluten free mac & cheese is better than the regular! The bone-in ribeye was delicious as was the peppercorn filet. Both perfectly cooked! The bacon wrapped scallops are delicious, I just wish there were more of them. The current Wildfire Craft Beer, a White Pale Ale was delicious as was my wife's mojito and the wines we tried. The service was top notch and this was just a genuinely nice experience. Better than we had at Ditka's for significantly less!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantkckbball98Dined on 8/7/2014My wife and I love the Wildfire and we try to go whenever we are in Chicago. We last dined there on Thursday, 8/7. The aroma when you enter is wonderful and probably some how artificially manufactured. But we love it. I am gluten intolerant. The restaurant has done a wonderful job of providing appropriate food and our waiter, as usual, was most accommodating. Terrific service. My wife and I split a fillet and had two (or three?) side dishes along with it. We usually love one of their salads before but declined this time since we had a large salad at lunch. We enjoyed well-made cocktails before and enjoyed the activity and crowd (a bachelorette party no less) around us.Special Features:
- Consistently ReliablekkchiDined on 8/5/2014With hundreds of restaurants in Chicago, Wildfire is the place I return to for a dining experience I know I will enjoy. It begins as I walk through the door and am overwhelmed with the delicious smells from the wood burning oven. I highly recommend Wine Flight #3, the Beet Salad, and Mushroom Crusted Pork Chops. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliversBananaDined on 8/3/2014I've been going to Wildfire for years, and it is always a satisfying experience! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars this visit was because we were seated at a table that was way too large for our group. We could hardly hear each other across the table, and there was so much extra room that you could stretch your arms wide and not touch the person next to you! There were plenty of other open tables, so we moved over to a more appropriate-sized one. That being said, the food is great, service is friendly, and we ordered a birthday cake off the menu that was delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant for all occasions! My friend had her bridal shower at this particular location a few years ago, and it was classy and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodFoodlvrVIPDined on 8/2/2014Wildfire is always a good choice for steaks and prime rib. Great service nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Classy and politeTable4twoDined on 8/2/2014For it to be our first time at wildfire it was special! Our waiter was very polite and generous! He made sure we where informed of the specials and made my wife and I feel comfortable. The food was amazing! The taste of the food was excellent! We left very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperiencexLerxstDined on 8/2/2014From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, the service staff took great care of us. The 1940s atmosphere and environment work very well, with thick carpet and fine wood finishes dampening crowd noise so that tables don't have to yell over each other to converse. Add to this some very fine food and you have a night out to remember.Special Features: