Wilde Rover Irish Pub & Restaurant
111 Central Way
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Wilde Rover Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wilderover.com/
- Phone: 4258228940
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm
Brunch: Sa-Su 11:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Irish Writer’s Room The Irish Writer’s Room has the charm of old Ireland. A cozy place to party, this inviting space features a custom brick fireplace, collection of writings and pictures by Irish authors, floor-to-ceiling wainscoting and an attached outdoor patio. The Gaelic Room This 980 sq. ft room is perfect for a large reception or party. The completely private space features ten-foot high ceilings, audio and visual capabilities, and a wall of windows overlooking the sparkling water of Lake Washington during the day, or the lights of Seattle at night. http://www.wilderover.com/files/6713/5094/9946/banquet.pdf
- Private Party Contact: Teeny Ayento 4258228940
- Entertainment: Wilde Rover provides a weekly line-up of entertainment, including Irish Music Mondays with Geoffrey Castle, Tuesdays with 2 Buck Chuck, Quiz Nights on Wednesdays, free music Thursdays, a rotating line-up on Friday and Saturday evenings and local favorites The Herding Cats on Sundays. We also show all available GAA Football & Hurling, English Premiership Football, Rugby, and Australian Rules games on all available non-pay-per-view Direct TV channels; select games shown on our six-foot, big screen television with full sound. We also feature all Seattle Sounders and Seattle Seahawks games live.
- Cross Street: Lake Washington Blvd
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on the streets surrounding the restaurant and pub, in the Marina Park Parking lot immediately behind the restaurant and at other city and privately run lots located throughout the downtown area.
A word from Wilde Rover Irish Pub & Restaurant
We borrow a part of our name from the well-known Irishman Oscar Wilde, a man who brought wit and entertainment to the world around him, and we strive to follow in his footsteps. Since opening our doors in August of 2006, we have enjoyed being the premiere Irish pub and restaurant on the Eastside serving literally thousands of guests every month, and hosting dozens of events a year for a wide variety of organizations and individuals. We believe that our dedication to the community through event sponsorship and giving back is a key factor in our success. We are located in the heart of beautiful downtown Kirkland, and the sparkling waters of Lake Washington can be enjoyed from our outdoor deck, our 980 sq. ft. banquet room, fireplace room or our game room. The Wilde Rover offers a wide menu of food and drink that is reminiscent of “the old country,” serving lunch, dinner and happy hour daily, and brunch on the weekends. We have a fully stocked bar that includes many Irish favoritesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wilde Rover Irish Pub & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Decent Pub but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Food was OK, Ambience was pub like. Good prices and a good beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sshhhh! I'm trying to hear the bandKarmaDancerDined on 8/9/2014This is not a rant for the Wilde Rover. It is an observation of the people, mostly young girls, who apparently do not know how to act in public. I'm all for having a good time. Laughter is the best medicine. However, when folks come into a restaurant/bar to enjoy live music which can not be hear over constant loud conversations, enough is enough! If you must yell at each other or you're not interested in the music, please take it outside or go towards the back of the restaurant. Nuff said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go for the foodbabybensDined on 6/27/2014The food was OK, think bar food trying to seem like it's not by adding a few nicer items and jacking the price. But if you want a bar environment (noisy, music, etc.) and where you can bring kids then this is your place. Lots of live music to be had. Just don't order the lamb stew.Special Features:
- A long time for food to arriveCathyDined on 6/15/2014The servers were very nice but we had 3 year olds with us and they brought their food out early and then we waited for ours for another 10-15 minutes so by then they kids were done and wanted to leave. So we all ended up taking boxes of our food with us. There were not a lot of people in the restaurant so I am not quite sure why it took so long to get our order. The food was good, but nothing special. I think I would go back without the children.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Our waiter was great! Very attentive and funny. Food was good and the setting great!Special Features:
- Bachelorette PartyKB0827Dined on 6/7/2014Wonderful establishment. Been there for bands before, were very accommodating (we messed up on our booking/wrong day), we were an hour late and they were happy to seat us and still take care of us (and 15 ladies can be a handful :)). Exceptional customer service...drinks were good and brought in a timely fashion. Very grateful for the dinner to go off without a hitch!Special Features:
- ReunionSteveDined on 5/31/2014A dozen of us who had traveled together (as part of a larger group) on a trip to Australia and New Zealand a few months before decided to have a "reunion" to share pictures and memories. The Wilde Rover proved to be an excellent choice for this. Everyone enjoyed their meal and reported that the location was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTINGRayBVIPDined on 4/30/2014tHE MENU AND PHOTOS OF FOOD ON THE WEB SITE WAS VERY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WAS ACTUALLY SERVED. THE POT ROAST SANDWICH WAS DRY AND POORLY PRESENTED. THE MEAT WAS LIKE JERKY. ONLY ONE OF US FOUR DINERS WAS SATISFIED. I DON'T THINK I WILL GO THERE AGAIN.
- overall, decentswiftDined on 4/26/2014Good food and atmosphere, service lacking attention. Had a large group and there was some confusion at the end with the bills. The waiter said well, it's not my bad.. yes, actually it was. Other than that, everything was fineSpecial Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the Wilde Rover Irish Pub & Restaurant reviews archive.
- I've been to the Wilde RoverHoughtoniteDined on 3/10/2014I've been to the Wilde Rover several times. The service has always been terribly slow but I was in luck this last visit and my waiter was very attentive. A happy improvement! It is a great place for Science Café:showing up at 5:30 and ordering off of the Happy Hour menu was a smart idea since the room was packed by 6:15. I have food allergies and the waiter made sure nothing was in my dinner that I couldn't eat. What a relief. All the other times I have been there I've had to send something back because the kitchen made a mistake. One thing that annoys me is that a waiter takes your order but a different person delivers it so it makes it hard to discuss any problems with the food or the service. Good luck finding your waitress!Special Features:
- Irish PubDeutschpaukerDined on 1/31/2014Good food. Good service. Nice selection of local craft beers and Irish whiskies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful staff great vibe!TwinkletoesDined on 1/24/2014I am a huge fan of Wilde Rover. I have always had a wonderful time here. You can never be disappointed when you visit Wilde Rover! The staff here is better than all the other restaurant staff anywhere in Kirkland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great TimeJohnDined on 1/23/2014Not my first visit and certainly won't be the last. Dreary Northwest day outside, warm and super friendly inside. We were early so the restaurant wasn't crowded and noisy. The quiet was just right for our monthly discussion of politics and the Seahawks! The lunch crowd trickled in while we were there, but we still got top-notch attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service! Reservation issues.OkearnVIPDined on 1/19/2014Food was good. Only complaint was that we reserved a booth in advance and was told they couldn't honor our requests once we got there due to the football game. We had a larger sized group so we couldn't go anywhere else. We were put in the back of the restaurant in a bad location. Restaurant shouldn't accept reservations they can't honor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud sports nightinfrequentdinerDined on 1/11/2014Food was good, but the service was only so-so. Place was very full so waitress many have had too many customers. Our husbands enjoyed her low cut dress, but really wished she had brought the food and drinks sooner and without mistakes. It was our fault for coming for a dinner on a night when there was a game on TV. We were seated in the bar area and if we had known there was a game we would have asked to be seated elsewhere. We had wanted to visit with old friends, but it ended up being too noisy to talk.Special Features:
- Don't go hereWildeRoverICKDined on 1/11/2014Bad service, mediocre food, waited on by a blonde gal in a skimpy black dress. Avoid this place!
- Met Friends for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2014I met friends for dinner here...my first time. The food was great (can't recommend the cookie dessert though, it was too soft and weird). The waitress was good, not great. She wasn't super knowledgeable about the menu and ingredients since one of my party was vegan. The football game was on and it was loud. I was not there for the game, so it was disturbing at first; we got used to it. I don't prefer restaurants that have t.v.'s in them and I didn't think this would be a "sports bar," so I was disappointed in that aspect. I would still recommend it. The food was really good and the ambiance was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Great Live MusicrjdinerDined on 1/3/2014Went here to have dinner and watch a band. Food was quite tasty. Service a tad slow and not overly friendly basically adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good musicfuntimzDined on 12/30/2013If you want a great time, the Wilde Rover is for you! The food is fabulous. The wait staff are on top of things (tip well), and the music? Wow!! Don't miss Geoffrey Castle on Monday's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a groupDatenightDined on 12/30/2013We made a last-minute reservation for a group of 10 at 7pm, and by the time we arrived the table had been set up. The staff was very friendly and quick to take and deliver orders, and at the end of the meal the waiter offered to split the bill by couples (which was a little awkward for our single friend, but still very convenient) instead of waiting for us to ask. The food was great and plentiful for the price, and our table in the back was far enough from the live music to hear each other while still enjoying the music in the background.Special Features:
- Way too loudLouiseVIPDined on 12/29/2013Couldn't possibly hold a conversation. We went elsewhere. Large room with bar had music blaring AND TV on.
- Almost perfectValerieDined on 12/19/2013Met family here for an early dinner, so we could catch our Christmas lake cruise on time. I had made reservations, but when I arrived, no table. Had to wait awhile. They were understaffed and our food, drink took time. Their ethnic Irish food was tasty and well-presented; dark beers outstanding. Their bangers and mash, particularly, were good. But we had to rush our dinner to board our nearby cruise ship on time. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is the mess-up with the reservations and the slow service. We did get on our boat on time and it was a wonderful evening. This would be a great place to meet friends on a Friday evening after work, too. It is in the Kirkland harbor area so access to many nice places and parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets a bit noisy - loud musicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013Gets a bit noisy - loud music in vicinity of bar. Food was quite good.Special Features:
- Satisfying menu! Lackluster servicVeteranDined on 12/7/2013So many choices on this menu it was hard to choose what to order. We were a party of 5 - everyone ordered something different and loved it. Only dim spot was our server who didn't seem to want to be working on a Sat night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was superb! HeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Our server was superb! He recommended great choices. Nice evening but...I wanted to hear Irish music. Billed as an Irish pub but has Irish music only on Mondays and we get up at 4am so weeknights don't work for us coming from Snohomish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like Irish FoodILuvFoodDined on 11/9/2013This is a great Irish Food place. It also has a full bar. The service is great and the seating is very comfortable. I would highly reccomend this as a place if you are looking for good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Irish specialtiesdelores204Dined on 10/5/2013Good beer, nice hot food, prompt service. Later there is entertainment so it can be noisier due to the music but that's just as much a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!CHILSDined on 9/16/2013Was a little loud for our older, out of state guests on Monday night. But we thoroughly enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Nice outdoor seating and good foodDaneDDined on 9/2/2013Between us we had a burger, a reuben sandwich, and fish and chips. All were good, but I had a Caesar salad with the Reuben and it was fairly wilted and sad.Special Features: