10383 112th Street
Edmonton, AB T5K1M9Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildtangerine.com/
- Phone: 7804293131
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: Judy Wu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer different styles of catering up to 100 people. Please visit our website: www.wildtangerine.com for details.
A word from Wild Tangerine
Wild Tangerine Cucina Domestica is a 40 seat award-winning casual Elegant restaurant located right outside of Edmonton Downtown core. It is also the home of 2007 Gold Medal Plates Champion and Canadian Culinary Champion Peoples Choice Award in Toronto. It features Modern Asian Cooking as its best with an eclectic award-winning cocktail list and Multi-award winning appetizer--Shrimp Lollipops. It also serve the ultra-popular Lemon Chicken and Alberta Bison Short ribs...for a detailed menu or more information, please visit our website:www.wildtangerine.com. Wild Tangerine is recently included as "Top 100 restaurants in Canada" by Enroute Magazine and "Best Designed Restaurant in Edmonton" by Avenue Magazine. It also included in Anne Hardy's Where to eat in Canada since 2004.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wild Tangerine reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Excellent Asian-Fusion FoodShaneDined on 6/10/2014Wild Tangerine has consistently upheld my expectations for tasty, fusion, healthy food.Special Features:
- The following 195 reviews are from the Wild Tangerine reviews archive.
- Amazingly creative foodgourmandVIPDined on 4/26/2014We really enjoyed the fresh food, the timing of the service and the friendly staff. The shrimp lollipops, pork and Halibut was amazing. We definitely will be back again, soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to dineDon1234Dined on 4/25/2014Enjoyed the food very loud but fun. Will try again with friends so we can see more of the menu. There was a large group there when we were so was very loud could not hear sometimes. Service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014Great service, found the food to be lacking big flavour that one would expect. Locally sourced fresh veggies and meat which is lovely to see. I would go again, but, my expectations for the food wouldn't be as high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grest EveningTrishDined on 3/28/2014Four of us ate at Wild Tangerine, after it was recommended to us. The food was delicious, and we all loved the variety! We each had something different, which gave us the opportunity to try each other's dishes. The staff were very attentive to our needs, and we enjoyed the relaxing decor. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, little pricyRillDined on 3/22/2014Wonderful and creative combinations. We started out with the shrimp lollipops and the octopus salad. Perfect portion sizes and timing. We both had the duck special served over stir fry baby asparagus. Loved it but agree with other reviews where it could be served with a starch instead of that being an extra. We had wild rice and the gnocchi, both pretty good but maybe a little weak in taste and presentation compared to the mains. Desserts did not disappoint! Ginger pudding and the brownie. The only things that I can offer to better this restaurant are the napkins (get cloth!), the service attire (felt like I was in booster juice) and the entrance (cluttered and whats with the teddy bear??). Loved the clean an modern decor!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Food, personalized serviceUweWalterDined on 3/19/2014It is worth going to the restaurant just because of the owner: He is so passionately explaining the food concepts, the specials and where he gets his ingredients from that you have the impression he cooks himself (although he is part of the service team). The Asian style food is presented creatively and the amazing combinations are always delicious. We have visited the restaurant now multiple times when we are in Edmonton and it was never a disappointment!Special Features:
- Perfect for valentinesTonyMcDined on 2/14/2014What a wonderful surprise. We are from out of town and thought this was another restaurant. So, were surprised when we arrived at the address. It was packed, but we got a romantic table in a corner. Menu was very unique, and the food tasty and nicely presented. Perfect evening, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dish was okayviking2dinnerDined on 2/14/2014I enjoyed my overall experience & would definately go back; I won't order this dish next time I go though. I ordered the: Judy’s famous Thai Green Curry with Prawns & Tortiglioni. Presentation was good, and the dish was nice & hot for a noodle bowl. However, the pasta was completely mismatched for the dish & totally starched the dish out. The pasta was like penne and starchy; with a delicate dish of the seafood. I looked at the other dishes around other tables & they all looked good, so will try something different next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discovered a gem!AndreaVIPDined on 2/1/2014This was our first visit to Wild Tangerine and we will definitely be back! We enjoyed the shrimp lollipops as an appetizer. My husband loved the Lemon Chicken Breast for his entree. While I liked the Pineapple Chicken Stir-fry, I would have preferred the stir fry be placed on a bed of drier rice - the dish was a little too wet for me. The chicken was delicious though. The desserts were heavenly - we had the Gingered Bread Pudding and the special Forkfest dessert - Banana Cream Pie. There was so much thought and care put into these dishes. The service was flawless - friendly, unobtrusive and quick. We also liked the atmosphere - very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for Fork Fest.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/28/2014Great choice for Fork Fest. meat very tender dining in or buying the frozen take out. Shrimp lollipops and octopus salad were yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food as always.chyna1Dined on 1/27/2014Excellent food as always. Excellent service. Took a guest who had not been there before-he was very impressed & he will certainly return Super way to make a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not suitable for large appetitesPartyof6Dined on 12/31/2013This placehad really good good but if you have a larger appetite as an athlete prepare to spend lots for very little. I had the pineapple chicken stir fry($22) and it was enough for me but my husband got the lemon chicken and it wasn't nearly enough. It didn't come with rice, just the chicken and some shaved carrots and a tiny bit of bokchoy. If you order that order a side to go with it or you'll leave hungry. For the price I think a side should have been included ($29). We also had the shrimp lollipops ($9) to start and they come on groups of 3 and they will up sell you another ($3) if you're in a group of two or more. I enjoyed my meal but not the price for what we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013A group of us went for a New Year's Eve dinner to Wild Tangerine - the ambience was great - very quiet and serene for potentially a loud evening. Wilson, the owner, was there and spent some time chatting with us about the food. The service was excellent - very accomodating. We had great appetizers including a lobster croquette, shrimp and zucchini salad. Three of us had the sea bass special - great sauce. The sea bass was very filling also. And we ended up with the creme caramel. No question that Wild Tangerine has the best creme caramel that we have ever had in the last 20 years. So very enjoyable evening of good company and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place. I love the localjamieDined on 12/24/2013Great place. I love the local organic nature to the food and i appreciate the suggested wine pairing for the meals. Great ambiance! and i love the shrimp lollipops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Many diet typesFoodieDined on 12/17/2013Very small Menu, gnocchi was great. Po Boy not stellar...bread very dry needed more sauce. Place was empty at lunch...
- Always a Pleasure to ReturnmssesameDined on 12/6/2013Service was on point all evening from the friendly greeting at the door to the thoughtful menu recommendations for those with dairy sensitivities. We enjoyed the lollipop shrimp and green onion cake to start and diverged in our menu selections. I believe the star of the night was the featured beef cheek: my friend's rapturous eye-rolling said it all for me. I tried the green curry this time; while the curry itself was tasty and well-portioned with large prawns and assorted vegetables, I think I would have preferred a different starch accompaniment than rigatoni. All said, I was proud to share this local restaurant with my friends, 3 of whom were first-timers and also Oliver residents. I know we'll all be back.Special Features:
- Supper for sixDinercat55Dined on 11/30/2013Everyone enjoyed their dinner and the menu was ver interesting! We would definitely come back to try out other items. My only comp,ain't was that the tea was pretty much cold and that really does not take much to improve. CatSpecial Features:
- awesome asian fusion - whitearcticguyDined on 11/23/2013awesome asian fusion - white linen quality in a casual atmosphere. We smapled the specialy drinks menu as well - creative use of tangerines (fromthe name), ginger and corriander among other intereting things. Hand made onion cakes and confit duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow; there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/16/2013Service was slow; there was only one wait staff for an entire restaurant of at least 12 tables, but this could be attributed to the fact that there was a major snowstorm that day, so I'm uncertain if this is a common problem. Restaurant was cold; the majority of diners were wearing their jackets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outBusyDined on 11/1/2013Menu is not too big or complicated. Fresh local ingredients...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I have a monthlyrhondatollDined on 10/26/2013My husband and I have a monthly dinner arrangement with another couple, and this month it was our turn to pick the restaurant. We came across the Wild Tangerine on open table and based on a friend's review decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the food was outstanding and the ambience was great. My top picks... try the shrimp lollipops and the white wine sangria. Both will have me coming back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Personal TouchJeffandCeliaVIPDined on 9/11/2013My wife and I were in Edmonton on business and used the Open Table app on our iPhone to find Wild Tangerine. We liked the look of the place and the reviews from previous diners were good, so we thought we'd give it a try. What a treat it was. The reservation was in the computer when we arrived and we were seated promptly by a very friendly server who took care of us with great attention to detail. I tried the pork (as another reviewer had raved about it) and it was fantastic. My wife had the beef and was totally happy with every part of the meal. And....what is a night without dessert. We tried the East meets West and loved it. Both of us would highly recommend this little gem of a restaurant. If only it were in Calgary.........hmmmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2013Our group of 8 had an early reservation here and received almost one-on-one service. The food was fabulous, beyond expectation. The drinks were a little pricy but good. I like the funky feel of this place. And I especially like that there are no deep fat fried foods here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual the food is justOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2013As usual the food is just excellent and you have a certain dish today and go three months down the road the same dish is exactly that, it is exactly the same as the last time.Special Features:
- Save your money!ReviewManVIPDined on 7/22/2013The food is decent but for the money you pay it should be spectacular. The best thing is the beer selection.
- Wild Tangerine Still Rocks!stillrocksDined on 7/22/2013Celebrated a friend's birthday and introduced two of the party to the lollipops -- big hit. Served by the owner who gave lots of feedback on the different dishes. A good experience as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild about Wild TangerineRoark2442Dined on 7/8/2013I love this cool hangout for food. Great decor, amazing & friendly service and brilliant food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as always!JeanDined on 7/4/2013The Wild Tangerine is always a fabulous experience! My companion and I both ordered the evening's special, wild salmon with brussell sprouts -- not only was the salmon cooked as requested (medium, please) but who knew brussell sprouts could look so good and taste so delicious? Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chinese fusion done extremely well.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013When I glanced at the menu I was unsure whether I really wanted to try any spin on Cha-Siu pork. I took the plunge and wow, it was delicious! Every menu item we ordered had some sort of twist with tangerines and the textures, looks, and tastes were all fantastic! The ambience was very modern and clean. There was only one person at front of house serving, taking orders, and seating. The foyer area at the front left us awkwardly waiting for a little too long, but it was well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2013All four of our guests' food item were excellent, especially the shrimp popsicles. The decor & service were both adequate, but not memorable at all. I would go again, but just for the food.Special Features:
- Not suggested for larger groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2013The meals took a long time however tasted very good! I would only recommend if you are a party of two seems those meal came quicker. Not recommended for a larger party we waited a long time for food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- April 2013WendyDined on 4/22/2013I had higher expectations for the food. While it was good it was not creative nor spectacular. Prices were too high for what was delivered. I had a good meal - just not great - will I go again??? probably not.Special Features:
- Great meal, alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/15/2013We have been to Wild Tangerine several times. Menu has many favourites and interesting additions and specials. The quality of the meal, and its presentation is always excellent. Would certainly recommend Wild Tangerine to anyone who enjoys fine food.Special Features:
- We keep coming back. ThewilroDined on 4/12/2013We keep coming back. The fish selections are always excellent and perfecctly cooked. The Bison Short ribs are a favourite.Special Features:
- Great service, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Great service, great food, never had a bad meal here. Menu is unique, a nice change from the usual chicken/beef and starchSpecial Features:
- Wrongdgw031Dined on 3/23/2013Planned a simple dining experience figuring two hours was plenty. Boy I was wrong. Service was incredible slow and the place wasn't even busy. If this was a high end resturant you would expect a slower pace with excellent service, but the atmosphere is more of a bistro style with poor service. The food is tasty, but it is a little odd to see a bigger alcohol menu than food menu. With all the alcohol on the menu you would think they are more of a lounge than a resturant. Prices were high for the atmosphere and service.
- This was an excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013This was an excellent, but not pretentious restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food - innovativeEdmontonianVIPDined on 3/9/2013Excellent food - innovative cuisine.Very attentive service. A great experience!Special Features:
- WHOA!! Haven't been here for10saceDined on 2/21/2013WHOA!! Haven't been here for about 6yrs...MY BAD..just got in from dinner at WT...awesome and we will be back way more often! Homerun tonight!Special Features: