1800 Main Street #100
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://wildsalsarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2147419453x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Wild Salsa
At Wild Salsa we want you to feel as comfortable as you would at home. So, andale! There are plenty of tequilas to sample, and unique salsas for tasting. Wild Salsa uses only locally grown and cultivated ingredients for a fresher, more flavorful taste. We believe every Texas town deserves an authentic Mexican restaurant. You’re with familia, so take the time to sit back, relax, have a drink or two and show us your "Wild" side.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wild Salsa reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (4)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Downtown Gem!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/16/2014Always a good meal here. You cannot go wrong with this place.Special Features:
- Great Spot for Lunch in DowntownOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/16/2014I love this place. They always take good care of us. The sonoran enchilada is really good.Special Features:
- Best fresh Tex-MexPbcmijaDined on 10/10/2014Seriously the best Tex-Mex I have ever had besides the tiny taco stands in San Antonio. For a trendy place, the food is outstanding. Definitely have the spicy margarita. I don't really drink margs but this one had me dreaming about it the entire next day. The street tacos were delish. Vibrant atmosphere and a fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumVIPDined on 10/10/2014We really like the chicken tacos (they have 6 or 7 other taco options as well) as well as the different salsa options. The salsas are all good and most are spicy with a nice kick to them. Did not venture to the margarita menu but a couple did look like they would be added to our next trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic? Maybe but...eatout2littleDined on 10/8/2014The food seemed just average to me. I had lunch there with a friend, whose food came out lukewarm at best. He cut into it and it was cold. The manager came by and tried to convince him it was the feta cheese, but my friend stated to the manager that even the sauce was cold. They state up front "no substitutions" except the sauces and garnishes, you could not ask for "no onions" for instance. Lunch can be busy, but not having food available made-to-order is a minus for a lot of people. The queso was overpriced for what we got. $22 for lunch before tip was not reasonable, and that was after the manager comped my friend's entree!
- disappointedNickDined on 10/1/2014Went here on recommendations of others but was greatly disappointed. Sat in the bar to start with happy hour and ordered apps and drinks, drinks took half an hour and some were missing, and the apps came before the drinks. Our waiter just seemed to busy. Ordered happy hour drinks and left half on table because they just tasted like mix, and did inform our waiter, who just said sorry but did nothing to fix. Actual entrees were good, shared the lamb tacos, which were really good and plenty for two. It was the only thing that saved the evening. Still would go elsewhere next time.Special Features:
- Yummm!KelsaygaultDined on 9/26/2014Visiting Dallas from YYC. Great service (quick, friendly) The salsa was on point - tasters were fabulous and so cheap! Waiter was knowledgable. Tamale was out of this world as were the fajitas. I would recommend for an authentic mex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first timeBerwinDinerDined on 9/12/2014Great first time experience. Good food and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Not too impressedbaileyDined on 9/12/2014Food was just okay, the server was attentive but the place was empty. Arrived for a slightly romantic dinner and was seated in the bar. When we asked if we could be seated near the windows we were told there were seats open in the main dining area, but the hostess continued to hand us menus and left. Not sure why they weren't willing to move us. We finished eating within 30 minutes and went back to our hotel. Will choose someplace different next time.Special Features:
- Great service; decent foodplanlifearoundmealsDined on 8/29/2014Good service. Decent food, but not the best. With all the great places to get Mexican food in Dallas, this place ranks average. Great guac. Tacos could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!DentonFoodie59Dined on 8/22/2014No complaints. Service was great and food was tasty and fresh! Went to show at Majestic Theater and this was in walking distance. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent service but food so so.SLK66Dined on 8/16/2014We live by McKinney and wanted to find a restaurant downtown to visit the Reunion Tower with our teenagers so I selected this restaurant based on reviews. The service was excellent, the ambience was nice but the food was not that great which was disappointing. I could have eaten at a much better Mexican restaurant back in McKinney/Allen and done better. Luckily this was not the sole reason for making the trip downtown!
- Great dinner!salsa2die4Dined on 8/15/2014Although, our group showed up late and the place was packed we were still seated immediately with the table preference we had requested. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient, and the food was excellent. The salsa is hands-down my favorite! The noise level is very high, but with our small group of four we were able to get close enough to hear each other with moderately raised voices. Overall, great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014They ran out of churros. so we had to go find a place that had themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very solidMatsuiDined on 7/28/2014excellent service; food was unique; happy hour specials; upscale Mexican food different than your typical tex mex place; would recommend againSpecial Features:
- Outstanding placeMarYaDined on 7/26/2014This establishment has creative, outstanding food, and warm, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wild was tameirish1101VIPDined on 6/28/2014Went to WS thinking, from the reviews, it was a great Mexican restaurant. It isn't. Pedestrian at best. Really! Rice or beans cost extra! Margaritas o.k..Special Features:
- Delicious TacosDinerDined on 6/27/2014This is a great restaurant to go when you are downtown and want to eat somewhere more casual.Special Features:
- We walked out!RachelGDined on 6/24/2014Had a 6:15 reservation on a Tuesday before going to a show at Majestic. Got in a little early and were seated promptly. But then weren't greeted for TEN minutes! Went to the bar to ask if the Happy Hour menu was only at bar. Was told that normally yes, but since they were about to have a private event in the bar, that it would be honored in the dining room. Server, Raul, finally showed up, and didn't apologize for the wait. We said we would like see the Happy Hour menu. He asked if we wanted to go ahead and order an appetizer, and my husband said we needed to see the menu first. They have an actual happy hour food menu. He came back with just the drink menu, slammed it down and walked away without a word. So, we left and won't be returning.
- The following 252 reviews are from the Wild Salsa reviews archive.
- Top NotchArealgem24kVIPDined on 6/17/2014Choose for a friend's birthday lunch celebration. Salsa trio so many unique & fresh flavors to enjoy. The concept of the taco trio is awesome since you get try sample different varieties-pork, beef, fish, veggie. You might say that fajitas taste the same at most places-not at Wild Salsa! Shrimp fajitas xtra flavorful. In addition to customary peppers/onions were roasted potato slices on bottom of the hot skillet. Yay. The tortillas must be hand made on location-fresh & not too large so you can have several different bites without overfilling. The tiny sopapillas with tiny squirt bottles of caramel, honey & chocolate-make you want to come back for more!Small popsicles upon departing. Beautiful artistic interior. Excellent service. Top Notch!Special Features:
- Nice spot for Lunch!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2014Great food and service. I loved the decor of the restaurant as well.Special Features:
- Food awakened my sensesLaizaDined on 6/7/2014The food was so delicious and tasted so fresh! I can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service, yummy foodAddiekDined on 5/31/2014Ate here for a our second wedding anniversary. I had a taco plate. They seemed sort of street style; very good. The drinks were decent. They let us sit on the patio even though they hadn't opened seating there yet (I don't know that they read our request for this when we made the reservation). Our waiter was friendly and attentive with out being annoying. He seemed to just magically appear when we needed him. Our food came out really fast and overall it was a great experience. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2014... Have reservations, walk in and introduce our party to the seating hostess, we receive a glare, she grabs menu's and starts walking, we assume we are to follow and after sitting at a table where she left the menus we all looked at each other in shock!!, no hello, no follow me please, no enjoy your meal, nothing but a glare... The waitress and food were fine but to over come her attitude was a big hurdle.Special Features:
- Ok food right in downtownMToffelVIPDined on 5/24/2014Went to this place based on some good reviews I found online. I was excited to try a drink, a classic sangria, since this was supposed to be one of the better Mexican restaurants in the area. It was not good at all. Probably one of the worst I've ever had. Ordered the pineapple salsa, which was just alright. Meals were good: I got the mushroom tacos and my husband got the shrimp fajitas. It was a decent experience, but given the many great restaurants in downtown I don't know that I would go back.Special Features:
- Salsa and Margaritas!RedwineVIPDined on 5/13/2014This was a wonderful spot downtown. Their house slasa verde was wonderful and the spicy margarita was a perfect match. Service was awesome and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco De MayoDallasCriticVIPDined on 5/5/2014We went for Cinco De Mayo. The food was great, service was horrible. Our reservation was at 7 and the restaurant did not sit us until after 7:30. We even got to the restaurant early, but I understand since it was Cinco de Mayo. I would give the restaurant another shot, but was not over impressed.Special Features:
- Can't wait to try againgisaDined on 4/30/2014I met up with two friends here recently. Our server was wonderful. She allowed us to sit and chat as long as we needed. So many places try to rush you out. The food was wonderful. So fresh. I can't wait to take my husband and try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time's Charm!TXviaNYDined on 4/25/2014This was my 2nd visit to the Wild Salsa and after the first visit, I had absolutely NO intention on returning due to the service that was given. I thought about it and I really wanted to like this place because I live across the street and would love to have a place to frequent. I decided to take my father there for dinner on his birthday. To my surprise, the good, drinks AND service were fantastic. I will definitely become a repeat customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stumbled upon a hidden treasureDowntownGirlDined on 4/25/2014Looking for a restaurant near the Winspear, the name did it for me...Wild Salsa...it definitely lived up to its name! Hip vibe, great corner location for indoor/outdoor joy (you can even watch the chefs from an outside window loving what they do!), the entire work-staff obviously love their job/enjoy the food, food as delish as server described. Made for a fabulous night in the city, right in the heart of it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tequila Flight set this place apartnellieb01Dined on 4/17/2014Try the tequila flights. They set Wild Salsa apart from the rest. We were a group of four and shared two tequila flights. It was a fun experience for a group setting. We're close co-workers therefore it was also an interesting way to get to know each other and have the conversational topic of the tequila flights to help during lulls in conversation.Special Features:
- Great FoodtlalexDined on 4/17/2014Simply put if you go for nothing else, go for the food. There is alot more to enjoy - unique location, lots of options for margaritas, tequila tastings but the food, did I mention the food! It's all fantastic so enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeLucky9306Dined on 4/15/2014Nice decorated restaurant, with very good Spanish music. The salsa chips were tasty. Waiters need to improve. Overall good place to eat dinner at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicekateDined on 4/11/2014I was not to impressed with the restaurant. A friend recommended it and we were excited to go since we are from out of town. HOwever, out waiter was inadequate. He short changed us $15.00 and was very slow and unfriendly.Special Features:
- Seemed nice....NeostarDined on 4/8/2014It seemed to be a nice atmosphere when we walked in. It was packed during the lunch hour. However the food was ok, not so great. Service was great though.Special Features:
- Great Taco'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2014I was in Dallas on a business and Wild Salsa was recomended by a collegue as a good place for bright & fresh mexican food. The taco sampler was a great lunch which 4 out of 5 of us ordered. Will go there again next time I am in downtown Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchTridentDined on 3/17/2014good business lunch location in the middle of downtown Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Mexican CuisineakdakDined on 3/14/2014On our daughter's recommendation we went to this restaurant while visiting Dallas. It was a beautiful evening and we sat by the windows that were open to the city. The overall atmosphere was excellent, as was the food and service. I think the prices were reasonable for the amount and quality of food. Don't expect the usual Tex-Mex, this is much more authentic Mexican food. Overall a great night out with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tacos and guacamole very good. LoudDianeDined on 3/14/2014Tacos and guacamole very good. Loud. Servers polite but slow. Downtown Dallas was fun and we parked on the street and walked 2 blocks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was completely disappointedstellaDined on 3/1/2014I was completely disappointed with our visit to Wild Salsa Saturday night. We had reservations for 8 at 8pm and were put in the BAR area which would have been fine if we were not celebrating multiple Birthdays with friends. There were plenty of OPEN tables when we arrived and we stuck with a large table in the bar area like it was a happy hour party? I even sent a request via the Open Table Reservation system and NEVER heard back from anyone. The service was beyond SLOW and it was not our waitress's fault. The bartender's had to come help her with drink orders as she slammed. The is a MANAGEMENT issue, not a wait staff issue. We never had anyone from management come by to see if everything was OK or if we needed anything.