Wild Sage @ The Rusty Parrot Lodge
175 North Jackson Street
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Wild Sage @ The Rusty Parrot Lodge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rustyparrot.com/
- Phone: 3077332000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Art Jeffries
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant can be booked for private parties with buyout and advanced booking.
- Private Party Contact: Brandon Harrison 3077332000
A word from Wild Sage @ The Rusty Parrot Lodge
Jackson's only AAA 4-diamond awarded restaurant (9 consecutive years) and chosen as a “Top Mountain Restaurant” by Mountain Living Magazine, which praised its “ambiance and over-the-top food,” the Rusty Parrot Lodge’s Wild Sage restaurant provides an intimate and relaxing experience of fine Jackson Hole cuisine. Dinner in the intimate Wild Sage is served with a view of an exhibition-style kitchen complemented with a massive river rock fireplace. Private dining for up to 10 people is also available in the Rusty Parrot Lodge's den with advanced notice. A menu of creative American offerings features organically-grown produce, local game and meats, sustainable fish and seafood, and freshly-prepared desserts. The restaurant offers an extensive wine list and a reserve wine list with awards from Wine Spectator Magazine and wines-by-the-glass carefully chosen to complement menu selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Wild Sage @ The Rusty Parrot Lodge - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Wild Sage @ The Rusty Parrot Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (33)romantic (30)special occasion (27)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wild Sage - not as good as we hopedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014While the quality of the food was good, the service was a negative. Our waiter was pretentious and very loud. It felt like he was talking to the small restaurant and not to our table of two!! Secondly my entrée was served cold and had to be returned. For a restaurant of 7 tables with high prices this is inexcusable - and to top it off my after dinner cappuccino was only lukewarm. The wine list was good but expensive. With extra attention to the service this would have been a very positive experience as the quality of the food was high, but alas!!!!!!Special Features:
- SteveSteveDined on 9/24/2014Wild Sage continues to be one of the very best restaurants in Jackson. Intimate ambiance, great kitchen, superb service. Last night the "starters" were the stars: speck-wrapped asparagus, leek & bacon soup, and the crab cake appetizer. There are probably a couple more 4-diamond worthy eateries in the Hole, but the Wild Sage is already there. Consistently top drawer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky56Picky56Dined on 9/17/2014Always a great dinner and a spot we make sure we enjoy while we are in Jackson.Special Features:
- PretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Nice atmosphere, but the food quality is not inline with the price. The presentation was wonderful, but that's about where it ends. Tough steak, bland fish, etc. It would have been a fine meal, but at $450 for a family of 4, I expect better, and in 20 years of worldwide culinary exploration, I have had far better for much less. It feels like it's playing to a captive audience, given it's proximity to the Rusty Parrot (a premium hotel in Jackson). Try a little harder, guys.
- Wild Sage in Jackson HoletinysanDined on 9/12/2014The Wild Sage is a very fine restaurant. We were pleased with all aspects of the place. We could not have asked for better food and service. And, the chef freely parted with some of his recipes! If you want a treat, go to the Wild Sage. But please make a reservation.Special Features:
- great food bad managementTastebuddyVIPDined on 9/2/2014Food was great, but staff were unwilling/able to address an unruly profane table that spoiled our eveningSpecial Features:
- heartlanddiner14Dined on 8/29/2014I had the much praised pork ribs; they were unexpectedly very spicy and quite tough. I had to request a steak knife and it didn't help much. My wife had the halibut which was nice but not worth the price . Service was good but pretentious . Wild Sage has a higher opinion of itself than deserved
- Fabulous!JulieJevVIPDined on 8/26/2014We celebrated our 20 year anniversary here and everything was spectacular. Had beef tenderloin which was the best I think I have ever had anywhere! The service was impeccable. Very small and quaint room so reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary dinnermorrischickDined on 8/20/2014Extremely comfortable eating extremely sophisticated food. Complex, delicious, cozy and well-appointed. You will be so happy you reserved your spot to experience Wild Sage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary experienceDeeJayVIPDined on 8/20/2014This 32 seat restaurant is provides an upscale, quiet, rustic setting with an open kitchen. The menu is wide-ranging, creative and offers choices including game, fish and poultry. It is magnificently prepared and artistically presented. The staff is well-trained in describing the food preparation and wine selections in addition to being extremely courteous. Attire is casual but the food and service is anything but...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not fair to the competition.SimplicityVIPDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is as good as any in any market. Extraordinarily comfortable setting, imaginative, unique and simply delicious food. I've dined all over the U.S. and much of the world, and I'm at that happy stage where I don't need to impress anyone with food snobbery. I know what I like, and I like this.............. a lot. Serious food with no apologies at any level. Five stars is about 3 too few.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely old west experiencenealdcDined on 8/19/2014Welcoming staff, great decor and leather and wood everywhere. Really felt like old west in the best sense. Food was outstanding in both selection and preparation. Service equally outstanding. Very fine restaurant. Would be at the top anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!lisag121nyDined on 8/17/2014This is a must when in Jackson Hole. Best dining experience by far.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/9/2014We LOVE the Wild Sage in Jackson. The food, service and atmosphere are top notch. I highly recommend when in Jackson AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute Must!SLOWRYVIPDined on 7/15/2014I highly recommend Wild Sage for anyone staying in the downtown Jackson area. We tried many of the fine dining restaurants in town and this was the best experience by far. Service was impeccable, complex food flavors, and a nice, intimate ambiance.Special Features:
- Rusty ParrotSteveDined on 7/10/2014Exceptional dining. "Great food .... From the bread appetizer to the very last bite. Excellent service, impeccably clean.... We shall return....!!!! Next month, in fact....Special Features:
- Always the bestpromoguyVIPDined on 7/7/2014Wild adage continues to be the best restaurant in Jackson. I've been going for almost 10years and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Truly exceptionalMPK1VIPDined on 7/5/2014Short and sweet -- it is only a matter of time before a Michelin Star hangs on the wall of Wild Sage. Outstanding cuisine in every way, in one of America's finest towns.Special Features:
- Great restaurantAlvarDined on 7/4/2014For my father's birthday, we wanted to find something special. As we happened to spend the day in Jackson, we found this restaurant on Tripadvisor and were in for a real treat. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic, but highly professional and the food was great. All dishes were interesting and well executed. The restaurant is fairly small, giving it an intimate atmosphere. If I'm ever in Jackson again, I'll go back to this restaurant!Special Features:
- The following 211 reviews are from the Wild Sage @ The Rusty Parrot Lodge reviews archive.
- Vacation in JacksonMarvinVIPDined on 6/23/2014We were celebrating our anniversary I had elk tenderloin which was off the chart fantastic my wife had halibut which was also great we also had the buffalo carrapico and great wine they had a happy anniversary message on our dessert fantastic restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!CacoupleVIPDined on 6/19/2014Great food and service! Chef was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerSjtkaakkDined on 6/16/2014This is truly a wonderful spot to celebrate a special occasion and we wouldn't hesitate to dine here even if the occasion was just to enjoy a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Best meal in JacksonKaukauphileDined on 6/7/2014At first site the intimate dining room looked almost unnervingly posh and I was preparing for the grand Service à la russe, down to dishes under cloches; but just a few words with the excellent server put us at ease. Bravo to the two fellows who created the wine selection; some wines of notable pedigree along with wines that just make sense for the food! The kitchen is in plain site but you never hear a peep; the dishes that exit are technically sound and gorgeously plated. My wife had the aged bison rib-eye, full of flavor, perfect temp, but as game is known to be, she would have liked it a little more tender. I had the stuffed quail, delicately tiny & squab-like, with herb sausage and garnished with a few tastes of the local environs.Special Features:
- PhonyMichaelVIPDined on 6/3/2014Poor excuse for gourmet Pheasant that was not pheasant. None of the food was as represented in the menu. The prices were on a par with a truly great restaurant. This place is a fake. Save your money and go to Denny's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service.ZemanVIPDined on 5/28/2014Food was great as usual but the single wait staff was overwhelmed by the 13 people seated at one time. Two tables of two had 5 to 10 minute waits just to place an order and were visibly annoyed. This is the second time in the last 6 months we've had a poor service experience. You would expect a restaurant of this quality to have a host or bus person to assure that at least water, bread and table clean up was timely. To top it off the server failed to box our leftovers as requested so a nice lunch portion of lamb shank was lost. As a local I won't be going back for some time, lot's of choices with great food and great service at other restaurants.Special Features:
- Some PeopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/27/2014Since this is a ranking on the restaurant, I have marked the appropriate stars and will keep my comment on the other patrons short. There was a rude couple who was not too pleased that we sang happy birthday to my sister, and a lovey guest whom wondered into the restaurant in his bathrobe, which needless to say was not tied tight enough. I know restaurants can hardly take responsibility for other dinners but thought is was noticeable enough to mention. As for service Jason was wonderful, very accommodating and just all around a great server. The food was quite good and the ambiance was just perfect. I can't wait to go back for a romantic evening. Thank you again Jason for helping make the evening very special.Special Features:
- Magnifique!bobfinkDined on 5/14/2014There were 2 reviews when we booked an anniversary dinner for 4: one plus and one minus. The plus review was correct, but too reserved. The food was outstanding, the service friendly and efficient. The wine list was extraordinary. We've been on vacation in the northwest for a week, and this was the best meal by far, greatly enhanced by the open kitchen design, allowing us to see the chefs at work. Of course we four are meat-eating foodies, so if you're like us be sure not to miss Wild Sage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerRedandwhilteDined on 5/13/2014We had an excellent meal (dry aged bison steak and steel head trout). We both liked the spinach salad. Dessert was a hazelnut mousse cake that was outstanding. Our server, Jason, was extremely helpful with suggestions and provided us with wonderful service.Special Features:
- Good food but lack-luster service.TiffanyDined on 4/19/2014The decor is charming and comfortable but my party of six were one of the only tables in the restaurant and the service was very slow. Our server was not warm and even though we had two birthdays at the table (and there was a note on the table as such) she did not wish either one a happy birthday. There were no vegetarian options for mains and the server brought an amuse bouche that the vegetarian could not eat and simply told her to give it to someone else. She watched the others eat with no substitute. The dessert list was boring so we left to eat dessert at another restaurant down the street. Wild Sage had a great wine list. However, the small details were missed which made the good food a forgettable experience.Special Features:
- Second year in a row OUR FAVORITEDoclocDined on 3/26/2014The food and service are second to none. The quaint dining room makes you feel like you're home being spoiled by such creative presentation and ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Birthday Dinner!SkierJaneDined on 3/25/2014We were staying at the Rusty Parrot, so we had two breakfasts here as well as a birthday dinner for my husband. Breakfast is a different scene. It's unfortunate that we chose the same time to eat as a family from Australia with two very young children. The children literally crawled all over the table. They fortunately had enough sense not to bring their children to dinner there; it would have totally ruined it for us, The food is expensive but worth it, the service is outstanding and friendly, it's very quiet with only a few tables in the whole place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/22/2014My lamb shank was so tough and stringy that it wastotally unedible. I brought it home to give to my dogs but I could not even cut it with a very sharp large kitchen knife. Service was mediocre, at best. This is second time we have gone and been very disappointed. We won't be back.
- Best In JacksonRickVIPDined on 3/15/2014The Wild Sage is by far the best overall dining experience in Jackson. I have been visiting Jackson for 28 years. We recently purchased a home in Jackson so have had ample opportunity to visit most of the restaurants. The Wild Sage is the real deal. Great food, expertly prepared right in front of you. The atmosphere is quiet and romantic complemented with a suburb wine selection. They also do an outstanding breakfast. The best place to dine in Jackson.Special Features:
- Great experienceLove2eatVIPDined on 3/14/2014Brenda and I come to jackson every spring break to RELAX.. We ALWAYS look forward to our dinner at the Wild Sage and we've never been disappointed. PERFECT evening Susan jSpecial Features:
- cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014the place was awesome and small and great! We would come back anytime. Easy to find and parking great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect culinary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014We had read a number of positive reviews of this restaurant. This a quiet place with excellent food that is worth every calorie and every penny. Skip breakfast and lunch because you will want to enjoy a full three course meal. It is a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service3dddVIPDined on 2/14/2014Excellent service and equally good food, well prepared with a notable wine and liquor lists. Definitely a keeperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild Sage - A Gem In Jackson, WYLordginVIPDined on 2/9/2014Wild Sage proved to be one of the best places in Jackson, WY! Upon entering the restaurant, diners will take note of the beautiful decor that embraces a very rustic but warm feel. A fireplace in the middle of the room and dark redwoods bring an Old West comfort. The service is fantastic as the server immediately greets you and stays attentive, but not over bearing, throughout the whole meal. The highlight to the whole experience is the incredible food they produce. The beet salad was incredibly fresh and tasty, the Tomato Soup was flavorful and savory and the main courses are to die for! The trout was very fresh and tender, falling off the bone before you get near it with a fork and the Lamb Shank was the best ever!Special Features:
- Quiet GemSkibunnyDined on 1/14/2014We heard about this restaurant from a local and we are so glad we did. Located in a hotel not too far from the center of town is this tiny and beautiful romantic restaurant. A rock fireplace with a roaring fire is the focal point of the room. There is an open kitchen on the other side of the room where you can watch the chef prepare your fabulous meal. The food is AMAZING (Jackson Hole prices) and the service is friendly and professional. We loved this place. Do yourself a favor and GO! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- New Year'sSnowzoomDined on 12/31/2013The price-fixe menu was amazing. I have never had a bad meal here. The staff is very attentive. We were able to see the fireworks after we stepped out of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.