Wild River Grille
17 S Virginia St #180
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wild River Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bestrenorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (775) 284-7455
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Bell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Set against the picturesque, urban Truckee River, Wild River Grille and its sister restaurant next door, the River Room, have several venues available for private dining or group functions ranging from 10-150 people, with an expansive riverside patio adjoining them. Experienced, on-site chefs that specialize in nouveau American cuisine and comfort foods provide customizable banquet or private dining menus for groups, with full bars offering libations or other refreshments. Please contact Wild River Grille for pricing information on the below options: * The River Room: Can accommodate up to 80 people in 1,800 square feet of space. Open, spacious interior with a full kitchen and a round bar within. * Wild River Grille: A more intimate gathering place, accommodates up to 50 people in 1,500 square feet of interior space with full bar. * City Room: Ideal for private dining or meetings, able to accommodate up to 20 people in 550 square feet of interior space.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Moore 7752847455
- Entertainment: The Wild River Grille features the outdoor "Summer Dinner Concert Series", showcasing dozens of local musicians nightly! Happy hour runs daily from 4-6p, wine tastings with food pairings weekly at “Sundays Uncorked” from 2-5p, and enjoy select bourbon tastings anytime. Dine alfresco with your pooch at "Dinner with Your Dog" every Monday night. Several entertainment options are available for private functions, with on-site banquet and planning services.
- Cross Street: Mill
- Public Transit: The RTC Ride public bus system stops just a few steps from Wild River Grille, and the free RTC Sierra Spirit also has nearby routes convenient to the restaurant.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Plenty of convenient parking is available directly in front of the restaurant on the street, or just a short walk away. Free public lots are also available a short distance from Wild River Grille.
A word from Wild River Grille
Perfectly positioned in the very heart of Reno on the Truckee River, Wild River Grille provides warm, attentive service in a sophisticated but relaxed setting. Inspired by the region’s natural beauty the lush, woodsy interior provides an amazing setting or... enjoy the fresh air of Reno"s best patio on the famed Downtown Riverwalk. Executive Chef Joe Bell and Sous Chef Jessica Marrufo present seasonal and locally sourced menus featuring Nouveau American cuisine complemented by innovative comfort foods. The full bars offer a varied selection of wines from around the globe, refreshing beers, and handcrafted cocktails made from fresh squeezed juices and house liquor infusions. Next door, Wild River Grille’s sister restaurant, the River Room, offers a group-friendly, spacious interior, full bar,and décor that pays tribute to the city’s heyday. Wild River Grille serves lunch and dinner seven days a week starting at 11 am with live music nightly and Happy Hour Mon-Fri, 4-6pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wild River Grille - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Wild River Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (54)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (28)scenic view (27)good for groups (26)great for lunch (16)romantic (16)notable wine list (11)hot spot (10)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014We had a reservation and were seated promptly. The inside of this restaurant is cozy but unfortunately doesn't have any booths. Our wine arrived quickly and the Autumn salad did too. It would have been good with a vinaigrette but it was totally dry and our server had disappeared. We ordered the NY steak and spicy shrimp as our server highly recommended those two dishes. The steak was so tough it was hard to eat but the shrimp was worse. Defying its description there was no spicy flavor, no flavor at all really, other than shrimp floating in beef bouillon. Not a good combination. A watery beef sauce with pasta and a few vegetables- and some shrimp. This used to be a great place but the quality of food has declined. There are many other better places to eat now in the downtown Reno area.
- Go to spotCommonSenseDined on 10/30/2014Great atmosphere, cozy with prompt service. Always great food, both to the eye and palate. Recommend the Salmon. Recently dined inside as weather is colder now, but late summer evenings outdoors near the river is charming. Don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Reno's BestnvlivingDined on 10/24/2014places to dine. Great Food, Great Ambience, Great Service and an accommodating staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Dining at the bestChuckDined on 10/24/2014Anytime you get great food, super service, and a great atmosphere - you have it all. This was a great evening.Special Features:
- good food placeivonneDined on 10/20/2014I went to the wild river grille on a Monday night with my husband and daughter.the place was quite and had only one person at the bar.I imagine weekends might be busier. Service was fast however our waiter could not recommend any wine to go with our dinner.the entrees were good,especially mine,ravioli on a cream mushroom and truffle oil sauce.would try again when we can sit on the outside patio and it is a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The Wild River Grill is a perfect spot before or after a performance at the Pioneer Center. The food and service are excellent and the atmosphere is very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fish was amazing!TheatreNewbieDined on 10/15/2014We dined before attending the theatre and the service and food was top notch. We had the trout and the salmon and both dishes were tasty and the portions more than generous. Will definitely be back to try their meat entrees next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDougDDined on 10/15/2014A great meal served by knowledgeable staff! Give it a try!Special Features:
- Always a stop when visiting RenowinelvrpdxDined on 10/4/2014Whenever we visit Reno, we're sure to have a meal at Wild River. Food, service and ambiance are always good and always consistent.Special Features:
- extra milesweetsalDined on 10/4/2014Recently we dined at Wild River Grille before heading off to the UNR football game. As we sat down, my husband inquired if I had brought the tickets, which were still hanging on the refrigerator in Carson City! The staff really went the extra mile, allowing us to access our e-mail from their office computer and re-print the tickets. That really saved the day, as my husband would have missed dining with our out-of-town guests while he made a rushed trip back to the house to retrieve them. We have dined at the Wild River on many occasions, and always enjoyed our meal and had excellent service.Special Features:
- Riverside DiningmksevycaliDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed lunch outside on a beautiful sunny day in Reno. This restaurant is right along the river and a really pretty spot. Food was very good. Crab Cakes and Poke specifically. Steamed clams were generous and tasty as well. Excellent service. I would absolutely go back!Special Features:
- magical night!rivercouple10396Dined on 10/3/2014the location, the weather, the people, the food the service... all was beyond the expectation of heaven on earth!! a perfect evening1 thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre gemBillCVIPDined on 9/27/2014Across the street from the theatre. Great location. Got in & out in 1.5 hours; 2 minute walk to the Broadway show. Food was better than average; met the chef (always a good sign). Would return with friends.Special Features:
- Don't Miss the Wild River Grilleny2la2rnoDined on 9/27/2014Really like this restaurant, been here many times before, though this particular visit was a bit off. Interesting adult beverages with a nice selection of choices. Bruschetta was outstanding, however burger was really off today. Side salad was super sized and had nice flavor. You certainly get your money's worth. Ask for the main dining room, although the River Room is for those who like quirky and or have a large group. Wait staff are very friendly and helpful. If the weather is warm and pleasant eating outside is fun for people watching and fresh air.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down by the riverfenimoreDined on 9/16/2014Great outdoor location for a quick but stylish dinner before the Philharmonic concert across the street. Excellent selection of small plates along with specials like the prix fixe duck breast dinners we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, as alwaysCaptainVIPDined on 9/16/2014We've been coming here for five years, and have yet to be disappointed. You can count on a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Superb experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014Nestled on the banks of the Truckee River in downtown Reno, and occupying a structure that is decades old and laying claim to true Reno history, the Wild River Grille brings a fusion of elegance and comfort that is immediately enjoyable for all who dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go-To for Date NightChemGrlDined on 9/13/2014My steak was cooked perfectly, server was attentive, menu offers a range of items to suit any palate. Wine list was kind of small but there was enough variety in price and varietal to be just fine. The veggies that came with our meal, zucchini and red bell pepper, were perfectly cooked and delicious - I actually ate them - something I almost never do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12345Dined on 9/12/2014We requested an outdoor table with our reservation and got one. Live music was an excellent guitar player. Service was a bit slow, but it was a busy Friday night so not complaining. Food was great and they had some very nice bottles on the wine list. Great location only two blocks from our hotel. If I ever return to Reno, I'll have dinner here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantOnlyaMealDined on 9/6/2014Food was good but the wine list not that great. Although the waiter was nice & seemed knowledgeable, felt like he had little time to spend w us. Never checked to see if we were satisfied w our meals, requests were delayed & had to ask more than once for requested items & although flatware was left on plates to be bused they seemed to be resistant to providing clean flatware. Seemed like wait staff may have been short handed. Although we made it clear that we wanted to sit out on the deck in 100% shade, we were seated & had to request to be reseated. Overall it was a good restaurant but it had been rated 4-1/2 stars on Yelp & it did not live up to it. If in Reno again, would try a different restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningMrwhohaDined on 9/5/2014Always enjoy eating here out on the river. Great music and service. Food was great......except for the flat bread came out soggy. All in all good!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonya StrombeckStrombecksDined on 9/5/2014Came on 9/5/2014 for y husbands birthday our first time there and we loved it. The food was amazing and sitting out door was really nice and relaxing. There was live music which was perfect we even bought the artists cd. We will be back and will direct friends and family to come if they are in the area. Cheers!Special Features:
- Fantastic Dog Friendly ResturantLuvFineDiningDined on 9/4/2014WRG was fantastic, the food perfectly cook with great service... Best of all we were able to enjoy our meal and have our dog with us. I highly recommend WRG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Great service, food, ambiance.....very very nice!!!!Special Features:
- What a find!OldenGoldieDined on 9/1/2014We come to Reno once a year for a golf outing and to celebrate our anniversary. Last year we came upon this restaurant as we were exploring the downtown River Walk. The food was wonderful, and so was the service. We came back this year, and the food was again superb with excellent service. We prefer to dine inside because it's quieter and climate-controlled, but they have a large outside area which is more popular with the young crowd. I think both times we were there, they had live music in the outside dining area -- not loud, very mellow. I have recommended this restaurant to others in our golf group, and they also enjoyed it. We will return next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The fresh encrusted Halibut was a generous portion, beautifully presented and delicious! Soft entertainment was a nice addition to the evening.Special Features:
- Service Issues/Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/20148-23-14 Controllable for a rest: service & food. Both poor.Waiter immediately told us the specials, then disappeared.After 12 min, we asked the mgr to come over.Related it had been 10 min since we had seen the water.Took our drink order and server came with the wine.Server never apologized.Instead, asked if he had told us about the specials.We asked to order at that time.Food was delivered timely, both our salad course and dinner.Entrees were fair, at best. Salads were fine. I called him over halfway thru our entrees and asked why we hadn't received bread.All other tables had.Said that the bread delivery depends on if it is baked and ready from the oven. What an answer! We left and will never go back.Too many good restaurants on the river!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure -Wild River GrillChristineDined on 8/21/2014The Wild River Grill outdoor patio is a great place to have lunch or dinner in the summer.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialRenolocalDined on 8/15/2014Service person kept placing bus items on our table. Outside chairs cheap and plastic. Vegetables were far overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outjustbennyDined on 8/14/2014Delightful dining experience, would recommend the patio for all, food was outstanding, music was appropriate and not distracting, and the wait staff (waiter was exceptional) very efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio Happy Hour!mtnkat1Dined on 8/13/2014I don't know any other place in Reno with a patio Happy Hour! Was a huge surprise. I requested the patio for a party of 9 and expected only full price meals would be available since not in the bar. To our delight the happy hour menu was provided as well. The portions on the small plates are very large. The truckee river nearby, happy hour plates and drinks and a small duo began playing music at 6pm on a wednesday, was fabulous. Every item was delicious and my family from New York and Florida were so happy and pleasantly surprised that there were more than casinos in Reno. Fortunately there were no small children running around the patio and crying like many of the spots in Reno. It was a joy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pet friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Great outdoor cafe environment, even Bowser get to enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little Paris in Renoderw2478Dined on 8/8/2014Located right along the Truckee in Reno. Outdoor setting reminds us of the brasseries in Paris. Live music, vocal and electric piano, nice and unobtrusive. We've been there twice, first time we had four different appetizers only, all superb. Drinks $10 or so but but big city good. Service excellent. We both had the special entree, encrusted halibut, absolutely perfect, at least as good as Rapscallions, with much better ambiance. The specials were $32, others as low as $24. We love this place and I suspect they don't have a poor entree or appetizer but I always check with the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, upscale restaurantDinemeistersDined on 7/31/2014We went to hear Tany Jane, a talented and versatile duo. The food and service was excellent, but the prices are closer to $$$ than $$ as listed on your site. We only had one drink each, an entree each, split a soup and salad, no dessert, and our tab was $100.Special Features:
- So much funClantzDined on 7/30/2014Made reservations on-line but had never dined here before. Despite the Hot August Nights crowd and noise the outdoor dining was unhurried and quiet to thoroughly enjoy guitarist Milton Merlos. We also appreciated the Six sigma wine and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 151 reviews are from the Wild River Grille reviews archive.
- Love this place!Mxracer177Dined on 7/28/2014The food is always excellent, the service is attentive and I always have a great dining experience. Fun place to bring your dog to outdoor seating area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!DeborahDined on 7/27/2014Love the food here! Service was excellent and they are very accomodating to groups.Special Features:
- Wild River Grill Never DissapointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014The service we received was phenomenal as usual, and the food seems to literally get better each time we dine at the Wild River Grill. Anything we would have been able to complain about would have been entirely the product of outdoor summer dining in downtown Reno. My wife and I enjoyed our 5th anniversary dinner here and plan to remain patrons of this establishment for the foreseeable future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and mediocre foodARENOLOCALDined on 7/26/2014My family and I took our mother to Wild River to celebrate her 84th. My husband and I had been a few years back. The food has deteriorated---steaks wayyyy over cooked and my pasta was less than tender. I expected MUCH more from a $200+ meal! On top of that, Mom is in a wheelchair and by time all the umbrellas for outdoor dining were in place, we could not roll her in and out without moving the furniture and disrupting other guests.
- Back again.MrwhohaDined on 7/25/2014Great evening. Gave up on Wild River after a not so good experience. This time it was excellent. A good reminder not to stop going somewhere after just one bad experience. Any place can have a off night. Food and service were outstanding. One of the best places for eating outside along the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.