Wild River Grille
17 S Virginia St #180
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wild River Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bestrenorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7752847455
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Bell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Set against the picturesque, urban Truckee River, Wild River Grille and its sister restaurant next door, the River Room, have several venues available for private dining or group functions ranging from 10-150 people, with an expansive riverside patio adjoining them. Experienced, on-site chefs that specialize in nouveau American cuisine and comfort foods provide customizable banquet or private dining menus for groups, with full bars offering libations or other refreshments. Please contact Wild River Grille for pricing information on the below options: * The River Room: Can accommodate up to 80 people in 1,800 square feet of space. Open, spacious interior with a full kitchen and a round bar within. * Wild River Grille: A more intimate gathering place, accommodates up to 50 people in 1,500 square feet of interior space with full bar. * City Room: Ideal for private dining or meetings, able to accommodate up to 20 people in 550 square feet of interior space.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Moore 7752847455
- Entertainment: The Wild River Grille features the outdoor "Summer Dinner Concert Series", showcasing dozens of local musicians nightly! Happy hour runs daily from 4-6p, wine tastings with food pairings weekly at “Sundays Uncorked” from 2-5p, and enjoy select bourbon tastings anytime. Dine alfresco with your pooch at "Dinner with Your Dog" every Monday night. Several entertainment options are available for private functions, with on-site banquet and planning services.
- Cross Street: Mill
- Public Transit: The RTC Ride public bus system stops just a few steps from Wild River Grille, and the free RTC Sierra Spirit also has nearby routes convenient to the restaurant.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Plenty of convenient parking is available directly in front of the restaurant on the street, or just a short walk away. Free public lots are also available a short distance from Wild River Grille.
A word from Wild River Grille
Perfectly positioned in the very heart of Reno on the Truckee River, Wild River Grille provides warm, attentive service in a sophisticated but relaxed setting. Inspired by the region’s natural beauty the lush, woodsy interior provides an amazing setting or... enjoy the fresh air of Reno"s best patio on the famed Downtown Riverwalk. Executive Chef Joe Bell and Sous Chef Jessica Marrufo present seasonal and locally sourced menus featuring Nouveau American cuisine complemented by innovative comfort foods. The full bars offer a varied selection of wines from around the globe, refreshing beers, and handcrafted cocktails made from fresh squeezed juices and house liquor infusions. Next door, Wild River Grille’s sister restaurant, the River Room, offers a group-friendly, spacious interior, full bar,and décor that pays tribute to the city’s heyday. Wild River Grille serves lunch and dinner seven days a week starting at 11 am with live music nightly and Happy Hour Mon-Fri, 4-6pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Wild River Grille - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Wild River Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (89)scenic view (53)special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (33)romantic (28)great for lunch (27)good for groups (26)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (17)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Down by the riverfenimoreDined on 9/16/2014Great outdoor location for a quick but stylish dinner before the Philharmonic concert across the street. Excellent selection of small plates along with specials like the prix fixe duck breast dinners we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, as alwaysCaptainVIPDined on 9/16/2014We've been coming here for five years, and have yet to be disappointed. You can count on a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Superb experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014Nestled on the banks of the Truckee River in downtown Reno, and occupying a structure that is decades old and laying claim to true Reno history, the Wild River Grille brings a fusion of elegance and comfort that is immediately enjoyable for all who dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go-To for Date NightChemGrlDined on 9/13/2014My steak was cooked perfectly, server was attentive, menu offers a range of items to suit any palate. Wine list was kind of small but there was enough variety in price and varietal to be just fine. The veggies that came with our meal, zucchini and red bell pepper, were perfectly cooked and delicious - I actually ate them - something I almost never do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12345Dined on 9/12/2014We requested an outdoor table with our reservation and got one. Live music was an excellent guitar player. Service was a bit slow, but it was a busy Friday night so not complaining. Food was great and they had some very nice bottles on the wine list. Great location only two blocks from our hotel. If I ever return to Reno, I'll have dinner here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantOnlyaMealDined on 9/6/2014Food was good but the wine list not that great. Although the waiter was nice & seemed knowledgeable, felt like he had little time to spend w us. Never checked to see if we were satisfied w our meals, requests were delayed & had to ask more than once for requested items & although flatware was left on plates to be bused they seemed to be resistant to providing clean flatware. Seemed like wait staff may have been short handed. Although we made it clear that we wanted to sit out on the deck in 100% shade, we were seated & had to request to be reseated. Overall it was a good restaurant but it had been rated 4-1/2 stars on Yelp & it did not live up to it. If in Reno again, would try a different restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningMrwhohaDined on 9/5/2014Always enjoy eating here out on the river. Great music and service. Food was great......except for the flat bread came out soggy. All in all good!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonya StrombeckStrombecksDined on 9/5/2014Came on 9/5/2014 for y husbands birthday our first time there and we loved it. The food was amazing and sitting out door was really nice and relaxing. There was live music which was perfect we even bought the artists cd. We will be back and will direct friends and family to come if they are in the area. Cheers!Special Features:
- Fantastic Dog Friendly ResturantLuvFineDiningDined on 9/4/2014WRG was fantastic, the food perfectly cook with great service... Best of all we were able to enjoy our meal and have our dog with us. I highly recommend WRG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Great service, food, ambiance.....very very nice!!!!Special Features:
- What a find!OldenGoldieDined on 9/1/2014We come to Reno once a year for a golf outing and to celebrate our anniversary. Last year we came upon this restaurant as we were exploring the downtown River Walk. The food was wonderful, and so was the service. We came back this year, and the food was again superb with excellent service. We prefer to dine inside because it's quieter and climate-controlled, but they have a large outside area which is more popular with the young crowd. I think both times we were there, they had live music in the outside dining area -- not loud, very mellow. I have recommended this restaurant to others in our golf group, and they also enjoyed it. We will return next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The fresh encrusted Halibut was a generous portion, beautifully presented and delicious! Soft entertainment was a nice addition to the evening.Special Features:
- Service Issues/Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/20148-23-14 Controllable for a rest: service & food. Both poor.Waiter immediately told us the specials, then disappeared.After 12 min, we asked the mgr to come over.Related it had been 10 min since we had seen the water.Took our drink order and server came with the wine.Server never apologized.Instead, asked if he had told us about the specials.We asked to order at that time.Food was delivered timely, both our salad course and dinner.Entrees were fair, at best. Salads were fine. I called him over halfway thru our entrees and asked why we hadn't received bread.All other tables had.Said that the bread delivery depends on if it is baked and ready from the oven. What an answer! We left and will never go back.Too many good restaurants on the river!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure -Wild River GrillChristineDined on 8/21/2014The Wild River Grill outdoor patio is a great place to have lunch or dinner in the summer.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialRenolocalDined on 8/15/2014Service person kept placing bus items on our table. Outside chairs cheap and plastic. Vegetables were far overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outjustbennyDined on 8/14/2014Delightful dining experience, would recommend the patio for all, food was outstanding, music was appropriate and not distracting, and the wait staff (waiter was exceptional) very efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio Happy Hour!mtnkat1Dined on 8/13/2014I don't know any other place in Reno with a patio Happy Hour! Was a huge surprise. I requested the patio for a party of 9 and expected only full price meals would be available since not in the bar. To our delight the happy hour menu was provided as well. The portions on the small plates are very large. The truckee river nearby, happy hour plates and drinks and a small duo began playing music at 6pm on a wednesday, was fabulous. Every item was delicious and my family from New York and Florida were so happy and pleasantly surprised that there were more than casinos in Reno. Fortunately there were no small children running around the patio and crying like many of the spots in Reno. It was a joy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pet friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Great outdoor cafe environment, even Bowser get to enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little Paris in Renoderw2478Dined on 8/8/2014Located right along the Truckee in Reno. Outdoor setting reminds us of the brasseries in Paris. Live music, vocal and electric piano, nice and unobtrusive. We've been there twice, first time we had four different appetizers only, all superb. Drinks $10 or so but but big city good. Service excellent. We both had the special entree, encrusted halibut, absolutely perfect, at least as good as Rapscallions, with much better ambiance. The specials were $32, others as low as $24. We love this place and I suspect they don't have a poor entree or appetizer but I always check with the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, upscale restaurantDinemeistersDined on 7/31/2014We went to hear Tany Jane, a talented and versatile duo. The food and service was excellent, but the prices are closer to $$$ than $$ as listed on your site. We only had one drink each, an entree each, split a soup and salad, no dessert, and our tab was $100.Special Features:
- So much funClantzDined on 7/30/2014Made reservations on-line but had never dined here before. Despite the Hot August Nights crowd and noise the outdoor dining was unhurried and quiet to thoroughly enjoy guitarist Milton Merlos. We also appreciated the Six sigma wine and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Mxracer177Dined on 7/28/2014The food is always excellent, the service is attentive and I always have a great dining experience. Fun place to bring your dog to outdoor seating area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!DeborahDined on 7/27/2014Love the food here! Service was excellent and they are very accomodating to groups.Special Features:
- Wild River Grill Never DissapointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014The service we received was phenomenal as usual, and the food seems to literally get better each time we dine at the Wild River Grill. Anything we would have been able to complain about would have been entirely the product of outdoor summer dining in downtown Reno. My wife and I enjoyed our 5th anniversary dinner here and plan to remain patrons of this establishment for the foreseeable future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and mediocre foodARENOLOCALDined on 7/26/2014My family and I took our mother to Wild River to celebrate her 84th. My husband and I had been a few years back. The food has deteriorated---steaks wayyyy over cooked and my pasta was less than tender. I expected MUCH more from a $200+ meal! On top of that, Mom is in a wheelchair and by time all the umbrellas for outdoor dining were in place, we could not roll her in and out without moving the furniture and disrupting other guests.
- Back again.MrwhohaDined on 7/25/2014Great evening. Gave up on Wild River after a not so good experience. This time it was excellent. A good reminder not to stop going somewhere after just one bad experience. Any place can have a off night. Food and service were outstanding. One of the best places for eating outside along the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aboutservice2750Dined on 7/24/2014Had a reservation for 7:30, we were seated promptly along with another couple who had no reservation. Saw friends come n after us being seated. Long story short... It took 90 minutes to serve our table # salads and 3 appetizers. Our water glasses were never refilled. The other two aforementioned parties had full dinner entrees and had left long before we were served our appetizers. Lost order? Never sent order to kitchen? Kitchen that cannot keep up with appetizers, but can entrees? All I can say is no excuse.... lovely local bad service!
- Great food, wonderful serviceCessairDined on 7/20/2014Because of the impending flash floods we sat inside (something we never do), so glad we did! We had such a lovely experience! Service was wonderful. Food was perfect as always!Special Features:
- This restaurant is quite a catch!HollywoodDined on 7/19/2014Second time eating here. Being from out if town this place is an inviting place to relax, listen to music and have a fabulous dinner. The halibut was excellent. Beet chip salad my favorite. Mushroom ravioli to die for. I'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceDuckFanDined on 7/19/2014The atmosphere, food, music, environment, weather, service were perfect. We were especially appreciative of our waiter, Brandon. He was a perfect gentleman, friendly, timely, entertaining and thorough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprise for dinnershiftyjayneDined on 7/15/2014We have a group of 4 that goes to a different restaurant each month and this was our July choice.I had looked at the menu online and thought it was a little pricey and not a lot of food choices. We were pleasantly surprised when we realized they had a happy hour bar bite menu. Three of us decided to try that. We had crab and salmon cakes, the wild river salad, garlic fries, an egg salad appetizer (which was huge) and sliders. We got to taste a lot of variety, get full and have a lower bill than we had expected. One of the group had the shrimp and fettuccini entrée and devoured it all. Listening to Tyler Stafford that night was an added bonus.Special Features:
- FabulousOutoftownerDined on 7/11/2014Great location, great service, great music, fabulous food,…one of the best restaurants in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Great serviceTravelerDined on 7/3/2014Out of town guests LOVED the food, service and location. A terrific addition to downtown Reno! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild River Grill hit the spotChristineDined on 6/30/2014We went there for a girlfriend's get together and it was perfect. Great happy hour!Special Features:
- A firstGolf4eatDined on 6/28/2014We've been to Reno many times but just discovered this restaurant. It will definitely be one of our regular stops on all future trips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but not Great for the price!JustokDined on 6/28/2014The overall experience was just FAIR in a restaurant that is charging for a 4-5 star experience. The hostess seated us promptly since the restaurant was wide open inside at 6:45 on a Saturday night. (the patio had a few more people but was still fairly open) Our waitress was very attentive with drink orders and appetizers. The Salmon crab cakes arrived still frozen in the middle. STRIKE 1. The waitress immediately replaced them and removed them from the bill. Our main courses were the filet mignon and Spicy shrimp over pasta. Good food but the bill was still well over what we expected from the mediocre establishment.Special Features:
- Most accommodating serviceFoodieDined on 6/27/2014Came with a group of 6 which took up to 20 minutes during 7:30p on a Friday night. Server promptly took our orders, and even replaced an entire special dish of Salmon because my friend didn't like the plum taste (free of charge). Once he was served the trout, my friend was superbly pleased and we were always served promptly with a smile. Food quality is excellent, as all ingredients are crispy, fresh and organic. I had the truffle ravioli which was served in a large deep bowl and certainly gave me more than enough for a $25+ dish. Well worth the price if you are a foodie and like to experiment from a simple menu. There is something for everyone on the menu, from dense filet mignon lovers to the vegan eater. Loved the ambiance and fountain.Special Features:
- Very fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Reservation was ready for us and we were seated right away. Service was friendly and excellent. Food was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingly delicious!!HardworkingRealtorsDined on 6/21/2014If you're looking for a special restaurant in Reno with absolutely wonderful food and ambiance - go to the Wild River Grille! Everything was perfect and the steak was the best we've ever had in Reno! The service was excellent, and we couldn't have had a nicer evening out to dinner - superb! Located along the Truckee River adds to the unique ambiance of the restaurant in the summer time and their newly acquired additional indoor dining area is great for groups, and winter dining. We give it 10 thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locavore's delight!AliceYDined on 6/20/2014Wonderful, locally-sourced food, exquisitely prepared! Great service, wonderful location on the Riverwalk and close to theaters. Delightful ambience, both indoors and out.Special Features: