Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar
445 East Market St.
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildritas.com/
- Phone: 5025847482x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Tony Efstratiadis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for your catering needs.
- Entertainment: Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar offers a mix of live music and DJs. Check our website, www.wildritas.com for the latest entertainment schedule.
- Cross Street: Jackson
- Public Transit: Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar is located at the corner of Market and Jackson streets and has direct access to public transit stops.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar has a parking lot directly across Market St from the restaurant. After 6PM we have additional parking on site. We also offer valet service on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights starting at 5PM.
A word from Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar
Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar is a celebration of Mexican flavors featuring authentic food and beverages that showcases the culinary diversity of Mexico. Our menu features artisanal tacos, seafood, hand-made tamales, wood-fired chili rellenos and much more. The menu is complimented by an energetic atmosphere, live music and bold decor. We offer a full bar including specialty margaritas, house-crafted cocktails, beer, wine and over 100 tequilas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (55)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (34)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (19)special occasion (19)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (9)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Rude WaiterCstevensDined on 9/4/2014I visited Wild Rita's this past Thursday night with a group of 7 girls. Our waiter was very rude. We waited 45 minutes to order our food. We finally had to stop the server and ask him if we could order and he acted very inconvenienced in response. He went so far as give a rude hand gesture and make a comment under his breath. He was then sure to let is know how inconvenienced his was by our seperate checks. We felt like his behavior was unprovoked and will probably never visit Wild Rita's again due to the poor service.
- Fun placeLisaGBDined on 9/4/2014Had dinner with a friend here at the end of a long week. What a fun place to unwind. It is loud so it is not a good place for quiet conversation. But the food is good, the cocktails creative and the service was terrific.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoolVeggieGirlDined on 9/4/2014A little loud, but worth the visit. Great for vegans and Vedgetarian! Many options. Great decor! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and differentRocketgirlVIPDined on 9/3/2014Not your father's Mexican restaurant. Excellent food in nice digs. Menu is well thought out and well executed.Special Features:
- To loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014The younger crowd did not seem to mind the noise but we did. The food and service were quite acceptable but we will not return unless we hear improvements have been made to the acoustics.
- Caliente Hot !fuudyDined on 8/18/2014Creative Mexican fare and well executed.Drinks are plenty and taqueilla list is like I have never seen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best guacamole in town!kjking10Dined on 8/8/2014Wild Rita's was an amazing dining experience. I started with the guacamole and the stuffed jalapenos. The guacamole was as fresh and flavorful as I've had it. The jalapenos were seeded to order and still had that fresh snap when you bit into it. Amazing! I got the roasted pork shoulder and it was so flavorful and tender. Our server, Paul, made all of these suggestions and was completely knowledgeable about the food and how it was prepared. He was attentive and friendly and I'll request him every time I go! Paul was also well-versed on their extensive list of tequilas - the largest selection in the state!! Many 'ritas to choose from and the drinks were strong but so smooth you didn't feel overwhelmed with alcohol. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatdonnthevilleDined on 8/2/2014The food was fantastic! The drinks...a perfect margarita. Helpful staff and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Margarita EVER!OliverDined on 7/29/2014Have Open Table to thank for finding Wild Rita's. Just when we had decided on a run over to Louisville for a night I received an email with new places to dine there. Being fans of Mexican & Margaritas in general I thought of it as a lunch option. Then that morning I got the double points email & said "that cinches it". Found it easily and we were so pleased with our very tasty tacos, surprisingly cheap, and our margaritas, which at $10. seemed a little pricey until we tasted them -worth every cent- that we can't wait to go back. Wish we had one in Cincy. It was a bit noisy until the 12:00 diners started clearing out but we will solve that problem by arriving a little later next time. Our reservation was at 12:45 but got there at 12:15Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLovetoEatDined on 7/24/2014Food and service was great. The restaurant was very busy and mostly full with many talkative patrons-very noisy but not sure how this could be fixed. The glassworks- wall decor and lighting were just awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The food was delicious. The drinks were perfect. But we couldn't hear each other without shouting--and even then words had to be repeated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iloveredDined on 7/19/2014Good but not extraordinary. Service was fine. Would go back but would not wait more than 20 minutes to be seated.Special Features:
- WOWYummyDined on 7/14/2014Service was outstanding. Food was delicious - upscale Mexican food and environment. Guacamole was Yummy!Special Features:
- Tasty, attractive, and NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014A friend and I ate there before a Sunday night concert, and the place was hopping! I'd wondered if we would need reservations, and we could have gotten seated, but I was glad I did make the reservations. The colors and decor are fun. Our server was nice and was pretty good, but did disappear for a good while when we were ready to order. We split an order of guacamole, which was really good. She got tacos and I got a taco and pozole, and we both really enjoyed our food, and I loved my Presidente cocktail. I had heard the place was loud. That's a bit of an understatement. At times, it was uncomfortably loud, although it did get a little better before we left. We might try eating at the bar another time to see if that's more peaceful.Special Features:
- Just so-soMacDaddyDined on 7/12/2014Shanna was a great server and our orders arrived together compared to some previous reviews I've read. Presentation and flavor was great however gastric / digestive problems that evening and following morning will prevent us from returning. Noise level was OK as we dined in the late afternoon.
- DeliciousJennyDined on 7/10/2014The food & service were great! The only negative is the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Chips and salsa were great. Margaritas delicious. Didn't care for the Mexican stew. A little greasy. Burrito presentation very nice and tasted pretty good. Would go back but probably order something else. Festive atmosphere. Friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Margarita EverRelaxedDinerDined on 7/8/2014No powdered or pre-packaged Margarita here. You just get quality tequila and fresh lime juices. The Wild Rita is flamed at the table. Sure, it showy. But don't let that deter you. This Margarita is filled with full, smooth flavor. Our waiter was friendly and helpful. He showed up when needed, but otherwise left us alone. Complementary dessert (of her choice) was given to the birthday girl. Reservations are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehoutnaboutDined on 7/4/2014good drinks. mediocre to good tacos. meh ceviche. fast service and decent price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks!!!Sg3533Dined on 7/4/2014I had heard great things so had to try it. The service was excellent, food was very good and the Wild Rita margarita was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYlksmithjonesDined on 7/3/2014Have wanted to go to Wild Rita's ever since they opened. I work downtown and pass it each evening on my way home. Had stopped in by myself one night previously - had no reservation and only available seating was in the bar. I am relatively newly divorced and NOT in to the "bar" scene so I decided to try again another time. This week, both of my kids were gone to church camp all week. I scheduled evenings out with friends for each night they were gone. Was excited that one of my evenings would be with 2 good friends at Wild Rita's. It was so yummy. Loved everything. Can't wait to go back. FYI: Not all food came out at same time and it was super noisy. Definitely not a "family" restaurant - great for date night or girls' night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/3/2014Awesome food but it was so loud in there that when we went outside after dinner several people in our group commented that their ears were ringing. The food is delicious but I would not go back there because of the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!dininggirlDined on 6/29/2014I love the food!! I go for the food. The acoustics are very poor in the building. It's an extremely loud restaurant. Do not go during a busy night unless you want to feel like you're yelling at each other. The server this time only recommended the most expensive meals. That was disappointing and not subtle at all. My first time there, the server recommended "normal" dishes. We were all in love with our food. I didn't order what the server this time recommended. None of it appealed to me and it was annoying to me. The fish tacos are EXCELLENT! I love the bean and cheese burrito! Plus, the Mexican corn on the cob and papas are outstanding! You must get them!!Special Features:
- Great mealtigerDined on 6/27/2014It was a great evening food, drinks and service. I can't wait to go back there. I want to try a different drink and entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun! Good Food!AmyRDined on 6/25/2014Great drinks and delicious food. The noise level made it hard to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very good mealSherriDined on 6/23/2014My Margarita was awesome. Dinner- quite good. In addition to good drinks and food, the service was exceptionally good. From the hostess, to the server, to management. Congratulations on a great new downtown restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks, but loudroundthetownDined on 6/23/2014Excellent range of contemporary Mexican food, with great flavors and variety. Drinks are not to be missed. It can be quite loud, however, especially for parties more than 4 seated at round tables. Huge bar area for waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wild surpriseIndianagirlDined on 6/21/2014I didn't know what to expect, but was wildly surprised by everything! The food was flavorafull and differnt. Everything was so fresh. Loved the flaming wild Rita! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Vibe ... Great FoodLuv2DineDined on 6/21/2014From the electric decor, the outstanding margaritas, the delicious desserts and everything in between Wild Rita's is a definite place to try! It's a great place for a large group or just a few friends to gather, however it becomes rather noisy for just two people at prime dinner time. Our server was awesome and his recommendations from Margaritas, Appetizers, Entree, and Dessert were on point. One thing that's unusual was the meat for enchiladas is served on top rather than the inside but it was still delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCjpinkz2Dined on 6/21/2014All food was very fresh and my margarita El Diablo was fantastic. Server Rob, highly reccommend, was very knowledgeable on all aspects of menu and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- yumyumDined on 6/19/2014Went here for girls night. Great drinks! Decor was cokorful and fun. A little noisy. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good service notkymertesDined on 6/19/2014I have been here a few times & our service was horrible. I haven't had this problem before but my whole group complained. I will be back but var seating is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timer!DebbieDined on 6/19/2014Food was delish and service was exceptional! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy hour prices?lala502Dined on 6/17/2014Bar was busy. No indication of what drinks were on hh so we had 2 apiece . Our bill was almost 38.00. Bartender wasnt friendly and certainly didnt let us know what drinks were on hh. dinner was good but server was preoccupied and clearly didnt want to be there. discounted. I asked the bartender if it was happy hour... thats when she begrudgingly pulled out a menu and pointed at 2 items that were on happy hour. Just made me feel misled. Dinner was good. Our server wad preoccupied and clealy didnt want to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, noisy, expensiveFoodloverlouisvilleDined on 6/15/2014Overall a good experience for dinner on a Sunday evening. Food was very good and hot, but they did not manage to serve us at the same time and brought my tacos 5 minutes before my wife's stew (sizzling in a hot molcajete). Given that the restaurant was less than half full, this should not happen, especially at these prices. It was also hard to have a conversation over the background noise of other patrons.Special Features:
- Memorable momentsThaBoss5Dined on 6/14/2014I always have a good time at wild Rita's with friends and family. Food is great, atmosphere is great, and the service is on point. I recommend this place to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't recommendfancyDined on 6/6/2014It was so loud I couldn't hear myself think. Had a reservation for a week and they still sat us in the back against a wall where menus and fell on us. Happy Hour prices were only at the bar too which you couldn't even get near. I won't go back again.
- Can't wait to go back!krystaDined on 6/5/2014Great food and drink! Tried the tacos and they were amazing. Ordered three at the recommendation of my server, but two would have been plenty. The hominy grits were very creamy and had a great texture. Loved the drink selection as well. I had two, one with jalapeño and cucumber and one with raspberry and ginger beer. Will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huh? Can't hear you...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2014Never been a more noisy restaurant. No idea why it was so loud. The food was ok. Just a little more out of the ordinary from what I'm used to I guess. The drink, however, was delicious.Special Features:
- hot spot nowPapPapScottDined on 6/2/2014Definitely recommend booking a reservation (must do for weekend dinner). Excellent flavor and presentation to food dishes that we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.