Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar
445 East Market St.
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildritas.com/
- Phone: (502) 584-7482
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Tony Efstratiadis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for your catering needs.
- Entertainment: Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar offers a mix of live music and DJs. Check our website, www.wildritas.com for the latest entertainment schedule.
- Cross Street: Jackson
- Public Transit: Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar is located at the corner of Market and Jackson streets and has direct access to public transit stops.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar has a parking lot directly across Market St from the restaurant. After 6PM we have additional parking on site. We also offer valet service on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights starting at 5PM.
A word from Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar
Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar is a celebration of Mexican flavors featuring authentic food and beverages that showcases the culinary diversity of Mexico. Our menu features artisanal tacos, seafood, hand-made tamales, wood-fired chili rellenos and much more. The menu is complimented by an energetic atmosphere, live music and bold decor. We offer a full bar including specialty margaritas, house-crafted cocktails, beer, wine and over 100 tequilas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (33)fit for foodies (31)hot spot (30)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (14)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)romantic (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- UKballardDined on 11/18/2014Our waiter Paul was awesome. He took the time to explain the menu and offer suggestions. Everything was delicious, especially the margaritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild Rita's was awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Wild Rita's is a modern style Mexican restaurant and what that means is that it doesn't have just the typical Mexican food you find anywhere else. It's the next level and is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not generic but not great eithertkrzywicDined on 11/8/2014Service was fine, frequent, and friendly, but the food left a lot to be desired. Disclaimer: My wife and aren't snobs, but we do consider ourselves foodies. It's not that the food was bad in and of itself, but for 2-3 times the cost of "cheap" Mexican, I would have expected something at least a little more innovative or at least higher-quality. The flavors didn't quite come together here, making it seem more like a first-year cooking school than an established restaurant, fatty and/or spicy but without managing to be flavorful. We would have been offended if it weren't so laughable, to order a shrimp salsa appetizer and be given no chips with it.Special Features:
- Did not disappointLocalritaDined on 11/8/2014Agave salmon salad is very good and the Rita's are fresh ingredients as well. The decorative glass added an upscale trendy vibe that fits well with the local art scene on Market and downtown. Parking across the street is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitpossibilitycitydinerDined on 11/2/2014Overall, I was pretty satisfied with the dining experience. The restaurant was more casual than I had originally anticipated, but the decor and overall scene was well done. Our server was spot on, not the over the top or too distant kind, but just how I like them, prompt, personal and respectful. The margarita selection was interesting, we each had 2, so tried 4 total and all were very unique. The food was good, nothing I would consider fantastic, but was good. It wasn't the same type of 'modern mexican' i have had in other cities, so maybe I just had an odd expectation. However, overall, for a large group to have a quality meal with some well done cocktails, it is definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy, affordable, nice serviceYumformytumDined on 10/28/2014Food was great, server was friendly despite being very busy, and we got in and out in time for our concert. The acoustics make for a very noisy dining room, but we got used to it. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceLouCDined on 10/12/2014This is my 2nd visit to Wild Rita's. The food is great. They have an extensive menu from tacos to a bone in pork chop. My wife is gluten free, and they have menu items they can adapt to accommodate her. The margarita menu is extensive as well, what you might expect with a place named Wild Rita's. I had the barrel aged margarita, and it was fantastic. The only down side was the extremely slow service. This happened both times, and the servers have too many tables they are responsible for. Busers do not refill water and chips, and it is hard to get a hold of the server. I was going to a play at 7PM at Actors Theater, and with a 5:15 reservation, barely made it. This negative on both visits distracted from and overall outstanding experience.Special Features:
- Upscale MexicanukiefromkcVIPDined on 10/11/2014A step up from your routine neighborhood Mexican place. Best fish tacos we've tasted in Louisville thus far. Guacamole was freshly made and excellent. Impressed that the server wasn't puzzled by an order of "Christmas style" sauce on a burrito. Beer list could use some expansion and better pricing. Overall, though, a satisfying experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014sat at the bar and enjoyed the football game while we had dinner. Food was solid as always.Special Features:
- Awesome grownup placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Wild Rita's blends clever bar mixology with Santa Fe style southwest food for a great experience. The menu changes at intervals but literally thing we ordered was nicely flavored without the too-too much "flavor" at lots of Southwest places. Good for grown ups.Special Features:
- good food, loud dining areadiner24Dined on 10/1/2014Food was good. Special on sign outside was not specified and only applies at bar. Very loud, hard to hear at round 6 top table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud & averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Although we had exceptional service, I've been to a lot of Mexican Restaurants so I thought we would try this new one. Overpriced, below average food, and loud.Special Features:
- Happy Hour policy502ReviewDined on 9/25/2014My first experience at Wild Rita's last week before the Eric Church concert was great. The service was prompt and the food was excellent. The Carne Asada tacos were the best I've ever had. However, I would recommend changing the happy hour policy. I was disappointed to find out that happy hour didn't apply to everyone in the dining area (it was bar only). If the happy hour is from 4-7, then everyone in the establishment between those hours should get the best prices. Other than that, Wild Rita's was great. It does get a little noisy, so please be aware if you are planning on having important conversations or business to discuss with your dining guests. We were going to a concert, so the noise level at the restaurant didn't bother us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude WaiterCstevensDined on 9/4/2014I visited Wild Rita's this past Thursday night with a group of 7 girls. Our waiter was very rude. We waited 45 minutes to order our food. We finally had to stop the server and ask him if we could order and he acted very inconvenienced in response. He went so far as give a rude hand gesture and make a comment under his breath. He was then sure to let is know how inconvenienced his was by our seperate checks. We felt like his behavior was unprovoked and will probably never visit Wild Rita's again due to the poor service.
- Fun placeLisaGBDined on 9/4/2014Had dinner with a friend here at the end of a long week. What a fun place to unwind. It is loud so it is not a good place for quiet conversation. But the food is good, the cocktails creative and the service was terrific.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoolVeggieGirlDined on 9/4/2014A little loud, but worth the visit. Great for vegans and Vedgetarian! Many options. Great decor! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and differentRocketgirlVIPDined on 9/3/2014Not your father's Mexican restaurant. Excellent food in nice digs. Menu is well thought out and well executed.Special Features:
- To loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014The younger crowd did not seem to mind the noise but we did. The food and service were quite acceptable but we will not return unless we hear improvements have been made to the acoustics.
- Caliente Hot !fuudyDined on 8/18/2014Creative Mexican fare and well executed.Drinks are plenty and taqueilla list is like I have never seen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best guacamole in town!kjking10Dined on 8/8/2014Wild Rita's was an amazing dining experience. I started with the guacamole and the stuffed jalapenos. The guacamole was as fresh and flavorful as I've had it. The jalapenos were seeded to order and still had that fresh snap when you bit into it. Amazing! I got the roasted pork shoulder and it was so flavorful and tender. Our server, Paul, made all of these suggestions and was completely knowledgeable about the food and how it was prepared. He was attentive and friendly and I'll request him every time I go! Paul was also well-versed on their extensive list of tequilas - the largest selection in the state!! Many 'ritas to choose from and the drinks were strong but so smooth you didn't feel overwhelmed with alcohol. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatdonnthevilleDined on 8/2/2014The food was fantastic! The drinks...a perfect margarita. Helpful staff and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Margarita EVER!OliverDined on 7/29/2014Have Open Table to thank for finding Wild Rita's. Just when we had decided on a run over to Louisville for a night I received an email with new places to dine there. Being fans of Mexican & Margaritas in general I thought of it as a lunch option. Then that morning I got the double points email & said "that cinches it". Found it easily and we were so pleased with our very tasty tacos, surprisingly cheap, and our margaritas, which at $10. seemed a little pricey until we tasted them -worth every cent- that we can't wait to go back. Wish we had one in Cincy. It was a bit noisy until the 12:00 diners started clearing out but we will solve that problem by arriving a little later next time. Our reservation was at 12:45 but got there at 12:15Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 132 reviews are from the Wild Rita's Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar reviews archive.
- Great foodLovetoEatDined on 7/24/2014Food and service was great. The restaurant was very busy and mostly full with many talkative patrons-very noisy but not sure how this could be fixed. The glassworks- wall decor and lighting were just awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The food was delicious. The drinks were perfect. But we couldn't hear each other without shouting--and even then words had to be repeated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iloveredDined on 7/19/2014Good but not extraordinary. Service was fine. Would go back but would not wait more than 20 minutes to be seated.Special Features:
- WOWYummyVIPDined on 7/14/2014Service was outstanding. Food was delicious - upscale Mexican food and environment. Guacamole was Yummy!Special Features:
- Tasty, attractive, and NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014A friend and I ate there before a Sunday night concert, and the place was hopping! I'd wondered if we would need reservations, and we could have gotten seated, but I was glad I did make the reservations. The colors and decor are fun. Our server was nice and was pretty good, but did disappear for a good while when we were ready to order. We split an order of guacamole, which was really good. She got tacos and I got a taco and pozole, and we both really enjoyed our food, and I loved my Presidente cocktail. I had heard the place was loud. That's a bit of an understatement. At times, it was uncomfortably loud, although it did get a little better before we left. We might try eating at the bar another time to see if that's more peaceful.Special Features:
- Just so-soMacDaddyDined on 7/12/2014Shanna was a great server and our orders arrived together compared to some previous reviews I've read. Presentation and flavor was great however gastric / digestive problems that evening and following morning will prevent us from returning. Noise level was OK as we dined in the late afternoon.
- DeliciousJennyDined on 7/10/2014The food & service were great! The only negative is the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Chips and salsa were great. Margaritas delicious. Didn't care for the Mexican stew. A little greasy. Burrito presentation very nice and tasted pretty good. Would go back but probably order something else. Festive atmosphere. Friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Margarita EverRelaxedDinerDined on 7/8/2014No powdered or pre-packaged Margarita here. You just get quality tequila and fresh lime juices. The Wild Rita is flamed at the table. Sure, it showy. But don't let that deter you. This Margarita is filled with full, smooth flavor. Our waiter was friendly and helpful. He showed up when needed, but otherwise left us alone. Complementary dessert (of her choice) was given to the birthday girl. Reservations are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehoutnaboutDined on 7/4/2014good drinks. mediocre to good tacos. meh ceviche. fast service and decent price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks!!!Sg3533Dined on 7/4/2014I had heard great things so had to try it. The service was excellent, food was very good and the Wild Rita margarita was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYlksmithjonesDined on 7/3/2014Have wanted to go to Wild Rita's ever since they opened. I work downtown and pass it each evening on my way home. Had stopped in by myself one night previously - had no reservation and only available seating was in the bar. I am relatively newly divorced and NOT in to the "bar" scene so I decided to try again another time. This week, both of my kids were gone to church camp all week. I scheduled evenings out with friends for each night they were gone. Was excited that one of my evenings would be with 2 good friends at Wild Rita's. It was so yummy. Loved everything. Can't wait to go back. FYI: Not all food came out at same time and it was super noisy. Definitely not a "family" restaurant - great for date night or girls' night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/3/2014Awesome food but it was so loud in there that when we went outside after dinner several people in our group commented that their ears were ringing. The food is delicious but I would not go back there because of the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!dininggirlDined on 6/29/2014I love the food!! I go for the food. The acoustics are very poor in the building. It's an extremely loud restaurant. Do not go during a busy night unless you want to feel like you're yelling at each other. The server this time only recommended the most expensive meals. That was disappointing and not subtle at all. My first time there, the server recommended "normal" dishes. We were all in love with our food. I didn't order what the server this time recommended. None of it appealed to me and it was annoying to me. The fish tacos are EXCELLENT! I love the bean and cheese burrito! Plus, the Mexican corn on the cob and papas are outstanding! You must get them!!Special Features:
- Great mealtigerVIPDined on 6/27/2014It was a great evening food, drinks and service. I can't wait to go back there. I want to try a different drink and entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun! Good Food!AmyRDined on 6/25/2014Great drinks and delicious food. The noise level made it hard to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very good mealSherriDined on 6/23/2014My Margarita was awesome. Dinner- quite good. In addition to good drinks and food, the service was exceptionally good. From the hostess, to the server, to management. Congratulations on a great new downtown restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks, but loudroundthetownDined on 6/23/2014Excellent range of contemporary Mexican food, with great flavors and variety. Drinks are not to be missed. It can be quite loud, however, especially for parties more than 4 seated at round tables. Huge bar area for waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.