2867 Maybank Highway
Johns Island, SC 29455Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildoliverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 843-737-4177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jacques Larson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wild Olive
Bringing a hint of rustic Italy to Johns Island, Wild Olive focuses on simple and comforting Italian fare with ingredients sourced from the Lowcountry’s choice farmers and growers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Wild Olive - Best Restaurants in Johns Island ›
Wild Olive reviews from OpenTable diners
355 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (266)neighborhood gem (213)special occasion (186)romantic (135)notable wine list (116)good for groups (90)hot spot (66)vibrant bar scene (53)kid-friendly (46)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Super!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014We are regulars at the Olive and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday dinnerClndanielsDined on 9/13/2014Had a great dinner for my birthday. The food was great! The noise level when we arrived was loud, but as some patrons left, it became quieter. Have been here several times and it has always been good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PickOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014An overall excellent experience. The salad was so fresh. The main course superb. It was totally worth the ride from the other side of Charleston.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My family and I loved having dinner at Wild Olives! We all had different entrees and we all enjoyed our meals. Service was great and we appreciate their sustainable practices. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food....our table had the steak with smashed potatoes, gnocchi special, and orecchiette pasta. All flavorful and delicious. Desserts were outstanding....cinnamon gelato, tiramisu, and special limoncello tiramisu. Lovely atmosphere and great service.Special Features:
- Out of Town CompanyWalterDined on 9/12/2014The Wild Olive is one of my favorite Charleston-area restaurants. We brought our out-of-town company here for dinner, and they loved it! I feel sure that they will ask to be brought here again next time they visit us.
- Every single dish was magnificentRogerDined on 9/11/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in the Charleston area. My wife chose it for her birthday dinner. Every single dish was outstanding, and the wine suggested by our waiter paired perfectly. We over ordered just so we would have leftovers to eat the next day. Truly a gem of a place.Special Features:
- Excellent Food Service ValuegordoVIPDined on 9/8/2014This is simply an excellent Italian restaurant: the food is dependably good, the servers are terrific [they know the menu/items/specifics of all the dishes (and don't read the specials, but describe them unaided)], and the price points provide great value. And the Monday/Tuesday $19 wines make for a nice treat. We've visited this restaurant many times, and each time we conclude: we should go here more often!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The only negative concerning the Wild Olive is that's it is difficult to find and the drive way is easy to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pooh and TiggerPoohandtiggerDined on 9/7/2014Food was FANTASTIC!!! the place was a bit crowded and a little noisy but the wait staff were phenomenal!! I always enjoy my experience at Wild Olive.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Great atmosphere, food, service -everything was wonderful, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantTheCharlestoneatsDined on 9/7/2014This restaurant is hands down the best Italian eatery in the Charleston Area. We enjoyed the option of smaller portions but being able to select two dishes to have for our dinner. The service was pleasant and accommodating to our group. We all enjoyed the calamari appetizer which was very fresh with just the right amount of breading! We mostly had Pasta dishes and we were not disappointed with the dishes. I would suggest trying two dishes, in most cases it is the same price as one large portion and you get to sample more! I also suggest that you have a reservation, We live very close to the restaurant and often have trouble getting with out reservation! I highly suggest making this a weekend night spot!Special Features:
- Always delicious!janetgVIPDined on 9/7/2014When traveling to Seabrook Island to see my two sisters, we always make a trip to Wild Olive. We ordered two appetizers the calamari and the little neck clams. Both were delicious. The portion of calamari was huge! Dinner was the outstanding short rib dinner and the chicken parmesan dinner. Both dinners were perfectly done. We had enough leftovers for a delicious lunch the next day. We have only had excellent meals here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trade a rug for a five star?OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/5/2014Everything about this place is great if only they could figure out a way to dampen the noise they would get fives out of me!Special Features:
- Grand SlamJeanDined on 9/2/2014In an area with so many fine restaurants Wild Olive is a gem. The dinning rooms aren't noisy, the service is spot on & the food is amazing. This is the 3rd time we have been here and each visit is as good if not better than the previous ones. This time we were a large party & the group size did nothing to diminish the experience.Special Features:
- Consistently good!VagabondDined on 8/31/2014As always the food was prepared perfectly to my liking and served piping hot. This is my favorite Italian restaurant in Charleston that has so many dining options. It never comes close to disappointing!!!Special Features:
- FAMILY OF 7 PLUS BABYGinnyDined on 8/31/2014We met when out of town guests were visiting. I live on Johns Island, Have been to Wild Olive many times. Every table talking, when 1 year old fretted (not much because of so much to see), noise level masked his whimper.......Great food , some had the special, drinks from the bar, dessert, waiter was a veteran, had seen him many times.........could have been a hard big group to manage in small restaurant, but went very smoothly.Special Features:
- Date nightDG2014Dined on 8/30/2014Local food was fresh and paired well together. Great service! Nicole our sever was prompt and never rushed us. Price was reasonable even with a bottle of wine. Just a bit on the noisy side, but not bad. This was our 2nd or 3rd time and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in YearsilovegoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014Made a reservation through open table. Seated almost immediately. Exceptionally friendly staff. Food of top quality and taste.We dine out regularly throughout this country and abroad and this restaurant could not be beat anywhere.Will make it a regular place to dine when in Charleston.Only disappointment is that why we haven't tried it before now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I have been coming here for years since we having been coming here for vacation. Everytime we come to wild olive it is consistantly good. This is a great neighborhood find.Special Features:
- well worth the drivesandyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Our best meal in South Carolina! The food was terrific! Our waiter Marco, was fabulous! Will definitely go back on our next time to the area.Special Features:
- Big SurpriseRadarDined on 8/27/2014Wild Olive was a wonderful surprise. Fabulous food. Best calamari we have ever had (we are from the NYC area). Mel provided excellent service. We look forward to going every time we are on Kiawah Island.Special Features:
- Fantastic find - well worth it!NickiRyanDined on 8/26/2014Upon visiting Kiawah Island from NJ, we wanted to eat low country inspired dishes & seafood. But when I passed Wild Olive I figured the menu was worth a look online. Our meal was so fantastic we actually asked to compliment the chef. My husband's charred octopus appetizer was the best he had ever eaten. Our entrees, lasagna with lamb sausage, goat cheese & mushrooms and his short ribs were amazing. The side of brussel sprouts the best we've ever had & the chocolate/pistachio custard so good we ordered one to go. Definitely try the Italian Mojitos - divine. The ambiance is rustic & unique & so creatively done. Amazing meal from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A couple of great mealsVeronicaDined on 8/26/2014Our meals were outstanding! when the food came, you could hear a pin drop at our table each of us were absolutely delighted with our menu choices...and we talked about how great the meal was for 2 days afterwards. Thanks.Special Features:
- Great ingredients make great foodSpmyDined on 8/24/2014Nothing too complicated on this menu, which works well since all the great ingredients can shine through. We took our teenage sons there, and we shared a bunch of appetizers. The risotto balls, salumi, and carpaccio were big hits Chicken parm, gnocchi, and scallops entrees were all great. The veal with mushrooms was ok, but not great A bit noisy, but we were seated in the back room near the kitchen Prices were reasonable considering the quality of the foodSpecial Features:
- OutstandingRobDDined on 8/23/2014There is little to comsin about here, great food, wonderful selection great service, on my list of regular restaurants to frequent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time SatisfactionMtPleasantGirlDined on 8/22/2014I had heard great things about the Wild Olive, which, quite frankly, usually means I'm set up for a let down, but not this time! Friendly staff (we were very late for our reservation due to a very long movie and they were extremely gracious about it)! Service was great, food was great and ambiance very pleasant. All in all a must go to place or you lose!Special Features:
- The best!SouthNorthFoodieDined on 8/21/2014By far the best restaurant in the Kiawah Island area and one of the best in the Charleston area. Have been eating at Wild Olive for years and have only had outstanding meals at the restaurant. Service is perfect. Marco waited on us this time and he was professional and attentive. The menu has something for everyone. Meatballs are outstanding. Pastas decadent, fish and shellfish are so fresh - you will want to drink the sauces! Please note that the restaurant entrance can be missed easily if you are not careful. Parking lot is quite busy.Special Features:
- A must visitfriendoffoodDined on 8/21/2014we have been to the Wild Olive many times when we come to vacation on the South Carolina coast. We have never been disappointed. My friend had the special (whole Red Snapper) which he said was tremendous. There are items on the menu that we order every time we go to the restaurant. Servers are always well informed and attentive. This time we had two sides that arrived slightly late and the restaurant staff immediately apologized and did not charge us. There was no need for that but it reflects the overall attitude of the restaurant. We will return to the Wild Olive oftenSpecial Features:
- ExcellentEventLadyDined on 8/21/2014Wild Olive is one of my favorite restaurants! The food and service is always fantastic ! The way it's decorated is very welcoming and unique. The only thing is it's hard to hear due to the noise level when a lot of people are in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Local Food Well Preparedsgm1Dined on 8/17/2014A farm to table, green restaurant preparing simple Italian fair with subtle flavors is a treat. We sat next to the kitchen this visit and I would request a different table next time. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulMICKIEVIPDined on 8/17/2014It was our anniversary dinner and everything was perfect. Christine was our server and she was terrific. We started with the calamari and for entrees, had the shrimp and polenta cakes and sea scallops. Amazing tastes, beautifully served and made for a perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationStephenDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our son's birthday there, it is his favorite place. They all know him and what he wants. Made him feel like a king. Thank you. Food was great, even allowed us to bring in a cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome dining experiencethetrippsDined on 8/16/2014Our son used to work there and recommended for us to go! Glad he did. We were greated by his coworkers as family. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat DinerolivefanDined on 8/15/2014A friend and I usually find ourselves at Wild Olive at some point during the weekend. We're never disappointed. Great staff, great food, lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantJackCommentsDined on 8/14/2014We eat at Wild Olive often and it is always very enjoyable. Atmosphere and service always good! At this visit I enjoyed a bucatini pasta special with ham and numerous spices which was one of the best pasta dishes I've had in recent memory.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014A wonderful experience with great food. The waitress was knowledgeable about the food and able to assist when asked questions about the menu. We made reservations and were seated right away. Although the restaurant was busy but the service was very good. The food did not disappoint anyone. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiense would recommendyogaannDined on 8/14/2014Vanessa our waitress was outstanding!! She was very accomodating, attentive. We were celebrating my husbands birthday & she brought us a hazelnut gelatto to celebrate with. Very nice touch as we were to full for dessert!!Special Features:
- AWESOMELocalDined on 8/14/2014Simply the best dining experience in the entire Charleston area!!! We are never disappointed. Service is superb, food is beyond delicious, and the ambiance is relaxing and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the people...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014Yes, the food was wonderful as always, but what really makes the Wild Olive so special is all of the people there. They go way beyond excellent service to make sure you have not just a great meal but a wonderful experience. It's obvious they care about their customers and always go out of their way to ensure our satisfaction. From the chef's accommodation of our food allergies to the attentive service of the servers, I can't thank them enough for making every visit feel like a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.