2867 Maybank Highway
Johns Island, SC 29455Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildoliverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 843-737-4177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jacques Larson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wild Olive
Bringing a hint of rustic Italy to Johns Island, Wild Olive focuses on simple and comforting Italian fare with ingredients sourced from the Lowcountry’s choice farmers and growers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Wild Olive - Best Restaurants in Johns Island ›
Wild Olive reviews from OpenTable diners
390 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (282)neighborhood gem (235)special occasion (223)romantic (164)notable wine list (130)good for groups (107)hot spot (69)vibrant bar scene (59)kid-friendly (52)great for brunch (19)late-night find (10)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Fresh Local Food Well PreparedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014A farm to table, green restaurant preparing simple Italian fair with subtle flavors is a treat. We sat next to the kitchen this visit and I would request a different table next time. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulMICKIEVIPDined on 8/17/2014It was our anniversary dinner and everything was perfect. Christine was our server and she was terrific. We started with the calamari and for entrees, had the shrimp and polenta cakes and sea scallops. Amazing tastes, beautifully served and made for a perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationStephenDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our son's birthday there, it is his favorite place. They all know him and what he wants. Made him feel like a king. Thank you. Food was great, even allowed us to bring in a cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our son used to work there and recommended for us to go! Glad he did. We were greated by his coworkers as family. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat DinerolivefanDined on 8/15/2014A friend and I usually find ourselves at Wild Olive at some point during the weekend. We're never disappointed. Great staff, great food, lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantJackCommentsDined on 8/14/2014We eat at Wild Olive often and it is always very enjoyable. Atmosphere and service always good! At this visit I enjoyed a bucatini pasta special with ham and numerous spices which was one of the best pasta dishes I've had in recent memory.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014A wonderful experience with great food. The waitress was knowledgeable about the food and able to assist when asked questions about the menu. We made reservations and were seated right away. Although the restaurant was busy but the service was very good. The food did not disappoint anyone. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiense would recommendyogaannDined on 8/14/2014Vanessa our waitress was outstanding!! She was very accomodating, attentive. We were celebrating my husbands birthday & she brought us a hazelnut gelatto to celebrate with. Very nice touch as we were to full for dessert!!Special Features:
- AWESOMELocalDined on 8/14/2014Simply the best dining experience in the entire Charleston area!!! We are never disappointed. Service is superb, food is beyond delicious, and the ambiance is relaxing and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the people...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014Yes, the food was wonderful as always, but what really makes the Wild Olive so special is all of the people there. They go way beyond excellent service to make sure you have not just a great meal but a wonderful experience. It's obvious they care about their customers and always go out of their way to ensure our satisfaction. From the chef's accommodation of our food allergies to the attentive service of the servers, I can't thank them enough for making every visit feel like a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wvfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Outstanding Italian food with fresh homemade pasta. The half portions are a great way to try two dishes. Well worth the drive from kiawah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as beforeParticularVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was way too salty. Even brussel spurs were dripping in oil and salty. Food was served tepid, from soup to entree.Special Features:
- Great evening for my birthday!katadaDined on 8/9/2014It's my favorite restaurant in all of Charleston-- a bit off the beaten path, but therefore easier to park, less traffic but always hopping. Started with special appetizer- a corn custard and accompanying salad, the classic calamari which are always perfectly fried with delicious aoili, and their classic tagliatelle bolognese-- a bit oversalted but overall delicious--all accompanied by a bottle of Montepulciano. The noise level is a challenge here sometimes and a large table of 6 behind us overtook the small sideroom. Overall a great birthday dinner-- and I'll be back many times more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 8/9/2014An absolutely amazing meal.....if I lived here, I would come back one or twice a week!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Wild Olive, reservation seating was on time, restaurant was busy, might have enjoyed it more if was not almost in the kitchen. Was greeted nicely, seated promptly, server was attentive and gave good descriptions of the specials and answered questions about the menu. We decided to do appetizers and small plates. Some from menu, others from the special of the day. All were excellent. We enjoyed our meal and plan to return again in the future.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Our group of four tried a couple of the daily specials and they were incredibly delicious! Also, ordered a side of the Brussels sprouts which shouldn't be missed by anyone. Great portions so I enjoyed my meal a second time the next day.Special Features:
- Another Wonderful MealReneeBDined on 8/8/2014We only dropped in for a light dinner. The Tomato and Roast Sweet Corn Bisque was wonderful and we finished the meal with Whole Snapper for my hubby and braized Sweet Breads for myself. I always try to leave room for one of their wonderful desserts, if nothing else but their inhouse made Gelato but it was not possible Friday night. We dine at "The Olive" or "The O" at least once a week and depending on our schedule, it is possible that we will be at the same high top in the corner of the bar three times in a week. We always are made to feel very special because of the caring and attentive people who make this restaurant so wonderful. Although they are extremely busy most any night of the week, we never feel rushed to vacate our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place rediscoveredSadiesadieDined on 8/7/2014The Wild Olive had been a favorite of mine until an incident two top years ago. But we decided to try it again and I am so glad we did. The Beef Carpaccio was to die for and my entree of shrimp, of which there were too many for me to finish, was excellent. My husband had swordfish and he scraped his bowl. We will definitely be returning. Thank you for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Another Great MealNspragueDined on 8/6/2014This was our second meal at Wild Olive during our week trip to the Charleston. With so many options for great dining in Charleston, we typically do not dine at the same place twice whenever we come to the area. However, our first meal was so exceptional that we chose to dine again. It was a wise decision, as once again Wild Olive delivered with extraordinary food and service. If only we could extend our trip another night, we would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great italian foodDoctorZDined on 8/5/2014A little out of the way (from Kiawah Island) but well worth the trip. Dining room is not fancy and is open (partially) to the kitchen. This restaurant shines with friendly, knowledgeable staff and authentic, delicious Italian food.Special Features:
- ExceptionalNspragueDined on 8/4/2014My family and I dined at Wild Olive on a Monday evening. The food was fantastic. From the salads to the entrees, the culinary staff seems to make simple dishes into something extradorimdary. The sea scallops were the best I have ever had and my mother raved about the freshness and flavor in her spaghetti with marinara. The service also deserves accolades. Prompt and friendly, they were overly eager to please and made excellent recommendations, particularly the suggested wine pairing. All in all, this restaurant has been one of our best experiences in the Charleston area. If you haven't been, make plans to head to Johns Island to enjoy Wild Olive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Staff is exceptional. Tables for reservation have been immediately available every time I have gone here. Pasta Iof the day was the best I have ever had!!!!Special Features:
- NOT SO WILD ABOUT THE OLIVEHELMEMANVIPDined on 8/3/2014PARKING LOT WAS A FLOODED GRAVEL PIT. FOOD WAS FAIR BUT NOT NEARLY AS GOOD AS WE HAD HOPED FOR. DEFINITELY OVERPRICED FOR WHAT WE HAD.
- Always a hit!SalandRoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had not been to Wild Olive in a while and was missing it. Went with a party of six on Saturday night and to celebrate a birthday and it was great!! Food, service, ambiance, wine.....all stellar! This is hands down the best restaurant in Charleston. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, once again.Rock83Dined on 8/2/2014Wild Olive never disappoints. I guess I am now officially a "regular". Friends in from Boston and we went to to Charleston Grill, The Atlantic Room and Wild Olive. CG and AR are world class restaurants but all my friends could talk about wS Wild Olive. All I can say is, I'm not surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JohnsokmDined on 8/2/2014Alex and Jason went above and beyond any expectation that I had for dinner. As always, the wait was short, we went right back to our table. The wine selection is vast and the one that I chose was awesome. The wait for food was short and timed perfectly. All of our dinner was cooked to absolute perfection and served at perfect temps. Jason was even nice enough to replace my wine that I accidently spilled....so nice! I love this place and can't wait to get back for my birthday dinner.Special Features:
- WonderfulSalsaDined on 8/2/2014Everything about our dinner was great. The setting was beautiful the staff was friendly. First time eating here and already planning to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BradleyDined on 8/2/2014We really enjoyed our dinner and our choice of wine. I would recommend the Wild Olive as a must visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemHappyVisitorDined on 8/1/2014We go every time we are in town and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall ExperienceBillDined on 7/31/2014I was really surprised by the variety and uniqueness of the menu. I came fully intending to order an "old faithful" but found myself wanting to expand my palette. I was not disappointed!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysYoungBudDined on 7/28/2014I've had two meals at the Olive and have yet to be disapointed. great food; freshest veggies; and friendly, attentive service.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceOlive1Dined on 7/26/2014The Wild Olive has been a great find for us during our annual vacations to Kiawah. The food and service exceed many of our favorite restaurants that we have found in the Charleston area over the past ten years. Add to it a better value and I can't help but think that anyone who has not tried this yet will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!CHSfoodie14Dined on 7/26/2014Wild Olive never fails to offer a great meal. The food, the wine, deserts - it's all there. Love the style of the place, too. Only thing that I would change is the noise level. It is always doing such a great business with every table filled, it is often hard to converse with those at your table. I go there all the time so it's not so bad that I don't return. Just wish they could do something to alleviate some of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014It was our 12th year anniversary. Our reservations were for 7pm, we got there a few minutes prior and didn’t have to wait to be seated. The service was great, our waitress was always attentive without being overwhelming. The food was delicious, and we didn’t had to wait long for our food to arrive. The parking area could use some paving, it was raining that day and it was muddy out there. Over all. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointing!cuisinecrazyDined on 7/25/2014Another wonderful dining experience. We continue to try different dishes, either from the menu or the evening's specials. We have yet to be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodFoodienurseDined on 7/24/2014I travel and eat out all over the country and the food at Wild Olive is exceptional...the pasta is homemade- proteins are excellent and sides fabulous. Great wait staff and they are well informed and will help customers find the right order for their preferences... Jason can assist with any wine pairings! Truly a gem of a restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A super restaurantGrandGourmetDined on 7/22/2014The food is fantastic. The dining room staff pitches in so there is never a lull in service. Always consistent.Special Features:
- Some of the best food in CharlestonMidatlanticDined on 7/21/2014The restaurant location made it perfect for when staying at the beach. The decor is a modern rustic Italian mixture but it works. Staff was very friendly and efficient. The food was the best we experienced in Charleston. The soup of the day, Parmesan mushroom was a gem. My mains veal scallopinie was pretty close to perfect. We will be back on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodfoodaholicVIPDined on 7/21/2014As usual, we were very pleased with selection and quality of the food. Took some friends that had not dined there in a long while and they added Wild Olive to their favorites list
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014We had the Calimare apitizer and the seared sea scallops also a special fish dish was wonderful. The waiter was very attentive the atmospher was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.