2867 Maybank Highway
Johns Island, SC 29455Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildoliverestaurant.com/
- Phone: (843) 737-4177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jacques Larson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wild Olive
Bringing a hint of rustic Italy to Johns Island, Wild Olive focuses on simple and comforting Italian fare with ingredients sourced from the Lowcountry’s choice farmers and growers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Wild Olive - Best Restaurants in Johns Island ›
Wild Olive reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (248)neighborhood gem (199)special occasion (155)romantic (103)notable wine list (93)good for groups (85)hot spot (66)vibrant bar scene (46)kid-friendly (31)late-night find (14)great for brunch (8)scenic view (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best in CharlestonAndrewDined on 11/20/2014I love this place. Somehow an Italian resturant has captured the spot as the best place to eat a great meal in Charleston. The food is just good. Get the pasta because it is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another outstanding dinner at Wild Olive!lowcountryladyDined on 11/18/2014The food, service and ambiance is always outstanding at Wild Olive. It is my favorite restaurant in the Charleston area. I try a different dish each time and I am never disappointed. What a great place to take my out of town guest. Thanks to all at Wild Olive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect celebration spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2014We celebrated my father's 70th birthday at Wild Olive Monday night and had a wonderful evening. The restaurant was warm and inviting with nice lighting and decor. The staff was exceptionally knowledgeable and friendly...and very patient as we finished our carafe of wine at the end of the night! The food was excellent...starting with the soup and salad with local greens. All of us had delicious pasta dishes except for my father who chose the grass-fed steak...He's been raving about it for days! Too full for dessert, we vowed to come back for just a coffee and dessert visit. The Wild Olive is a special place...and will be a destination for my family for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild about this OlivesullygemDined on 11/16/2014Never disappointed at the Wild Olive. This is one of my favorite go to restaurants . Consistently very good always from service to food taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Placedolphinlady1Dined on 11/15/2014The food is always outstanding, great service and just a wonderful place to dine. It can be a bit noisy so probably not the best place for serious talk but great for a small crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobbyDined on 11/15/2014great, really great very good. I hate surveys. please let me get off this web site
- Special Evening4UandUDined on 11/13/2014My request for porch seating was honored as was my request that the check be given to me to forestall my guests from grabbing it. The food was as delicious as always and the pistachio/chocolate mousse was a hit for all. Our waiter was SO good to us. It was truly a very special evening for my husband's birthday celebration. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Food and service are always impeccable. Feel comfortable that guest from in and out of town will totally enjoy the experience. Nice to know there is somewhere nearby that I can treat myself to a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014We've been frequent customers for several years. Felt a little off their game this trip, service not crisp. Food menu getting a little stale, and flavors not as well forthcoming from the food as usual. Still a good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014An excellent place to enjoy a fine dining experience without all the flare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth drive from CharlestonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014We had been visiting Charleston for a few days and wanted to find a good Italian restaurant for dinner for 6 of us. I read some of the reviews about other italian restaurants and this one was mentioned in another review, so we looked it up & made reservations. We were not disappointed. Three of us ordered the lasagne and it was delicious! Everything else including the gelatto was very good and the service was great. We will go back when visiting Charleston on our next trip!Special Features:
- Wild Olive is a Hidden Treasure !DinkDined on 11/9/2014When we travel to Charleston, Wild Olive is a destination dining experience for us. We have recommended it to many of our friends and now they have the same desire to go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!CharlestonDinerDined on 11/8/2014A few co-workers who live on John's Island recommended this restaurant and I was so pleased! I went with my boyfriend for a great dinner one weekend and it was worth the drive from James Island and worth not venturing downtown! The food was amazing! We got an appetizer and two entrees to split and try both. I got the special pasta that was potato gnocchi with lamb and goat cheese and it was phenomenal! I wish it wasn't a special so I could order it again. We also split the traditional chicken park which was also delicious. The restaurant is small with dark lighting and tables pretty close together so it did get loud and not very private. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great findHometownboyDined on 11/8/2014Wish I had gotten to this gem sooner . We were eating off of each other's plates! They might as well made it family style. The food was amazing. The service was exceptional for Charleston. Don't need to go downtown for a while .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!livemusicDined on 11/4/2014We went on a quiet Tuesday evening and were treated like royalty from the beginning to the end. I love the wine list, the menu, and the service. They use lots of local seafood and vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Wild Olive!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/4/2014Favorite restaurant in Charleston! Wonderful every time we go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit of Italy Near CharlestonVitoDined on 11/2/2014Excellent in every way! Great ambiance, great wine list, great menu, attentive service.......couldn't ask for more!!! A fantastic find on the island!!Special Features:
- Table to Farm GemCindyDined on 11/2/2014This place has great food and great service, although the floor manager was a bit strange. He never looked at me or asked how I was doing, he only asked my husband. All the food we had was delicious. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experience comfortRoyallDined on 11/1/2014We had tried the sister restaurant on Sullivans called Obstinate Daughter. It was great and we wanted to try Wild Olive. Wild Olive is like walking into a warm friendly kitchen. Comfortable seating. Menu had many choices with sausage and pork dishes. I tried the one with veal. They make their own pasta which is very fresh. The servers are friendly and we got exceptional service. I would highly recommend this restaurant -warm cozy, comfort. Good Italian food for the soul.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/30/2014Food was superb. Curls to the chef our meal could not have been better and our waiter was top notch. Charming bright and added to our dining experienceSpecial Features:
- MJW1VIPDined on 10/29/2014Great location to draw from Kiawah and Charleston- nice selection of italian wines and food is great-service is superb.Special Features:
- Fabulous!KateDined on 10/25/2014We loved everything. Everyone in our party tried something different and shared AND everyone enjoyed every morsel. Thank you for another fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- Book Early - Busy placekateDined on 10/24/2014We had an early reservation on a Friday (6:00) and yet the place was full and noisy. Great homemade pastas, good service.Special Features:
- Delicious Italianluv2eatDined on 10/24/2014Always enjoy Wild Olive: food is wonderful, service is terrific, atmosphere cozy. Our go-to spot when we want a great meal.Special Features:
- A TRUE DELIGHT!jeantDined on 10/24/2014I chose WO to celebrate my son's wedding anniversary; his birthday and my sister's birthday, all October events. Everything from beginning to end was perfect - our waiter was just remarkable - helpful - attentive. The food was out of this world. I wholeheartedly recommend Wild Olive.Special Features:
- Once Again - Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2014We have had nothing but terrific experiences at Wild Olive. The food is just wonderful and beautifully presented and the servers really know the ingredients and cooking techniques, so don't hesitate to ask about the details!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClairedeluneDined on 10/22/2014My husband and I were looking for an alternate to southern cooking. Wild olive was a great choice. I had their soup for the evening, mushroom bisque and my husband had cod fish cakes for appetizer. Our entrees were chicken parm and bolonese sauce with pappardelle (smaller portion). Service and food was wonderful. If we had more time we would return. Going home today.Special Features:
- Wild OliveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014Outstanding food, but extremely noisy environment. Great if you want lots of energy, but not if you want quiet dinner.Special Features:
- GreatsilversmithVIPDined on 10/20/2014We can always count on a wonderful meal at Wild Olive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ed & JodyNightoit2Dined on 10/18/2014Service was great and the food was outstanding. We are recommending the Wild Olive to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningGaryDined on 10/18/2014They seated us at quiet table, just as requested. The service was excellent. My friends and I had a wonderful evening at Wild Olive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timers but soon to be regulars!swcoopDined on 10/18/2014This was our first visit to Wild Olive and we are so glad we decided to drive to John's Island from Goose Creek. The ambiance was amazing, the prices were extremely reasonable for the amount of food you receive and the food itself was outstanding! Our waitress Amanda was such a joy and had a wonderful personality. We enjoyed everything about the restaurant and have absolutely no regrets going there whatsoever. We highly recommend anyone to give Wild Olive a try-you will not be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing every time!krazykris37Dined on 10/18/2014This was my third time at Wild Olive. The food is always amazing! John the server was awesome! He was so pleasant and informative and gave great wine recommendations! My husband always seems to get the chicken parm - and it's never a disappointment. I had the scallops and they were crazy delicious! We also had the charred octopus appetizer...yum! Please go and try - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian CuisineMarylandCrabDined on 10/17/2014Found this place on a GPS searching whim. So glad we did! Be sure to have a reservation though; I heard the host turning people away for 1.5 hr waits. We ate here twice in one week it was so good. I didn't know many of the Italian words on the menu, but the server was so helpful and understanding. The food comes out really fast and looks and tastes incredible! I loved the calamari appetizer, the pappardelle pasta entree, and the tiramisu was the best I've ever had. Also, no matter what entree you get, order a side of the smashed, fried potatoes with parmesan and truffles. Big enough to share with a friend, but so good that you won't want to! Most pastas are available in half sizes too, which is nice when ordering appetizers and dessert.Special Features:
- Always a delightJKMiiDined on 10/17/2014We have eaten at the Wild Olive many times. It never disappoints. The food -- particularly the fish -- is always tasty, well prepared and presented beautifully. My wife's black grouper special was delicious and the swordfish cioppino was wonderful. We will be back when we visit the Charleston area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buenoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014really enjoyed ourselves. had not dined there in a while and was pleasantly surprised. food was great. thanksSpecial Features:
- 2nd time...still greatMattDined on 10/12/2014Our 2nd time at wild olive. The food and service are excellent. They have great gluten free options too...just ask the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise LevelDogMax09Dined on 10/12/2014The noise level in the Front Dining room is terrible. There were only two of us, sitting side by side and the noise was so loud that we could hardly talk. Even sitting that close we kept having to repeat ourselves. Something should be done to baffle the noise and I will give you 5 stars.Special Features:
- Lovely Find on Johns IslandCarol117Dined on 10/12/2014We had a delightful meal with delightful service this past Sunday. The menu was lovely with great choices for all our guests. From the carpachio to the sorbet, we loved it all.Special Features:
- Awesome dining!WowchfDined on 10/11/2014Food is the best anywhere in this this gem of a small restaurant! The servers only want to please you in every way they can! Always worth your visit! We never miss coming when we are staying on Seabrook! The Brussels and truffled potatoes, the choc pistachio pudding, the taglietelli and the chic parm are some of our fav selections! You cannot go wrong at The Wild Olive!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.