Wild Note Cafe
143 S. Cedros Ave.
Solana Beach, CA 92075Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Wild Note Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wildnotecafe.com/
- Phone: 8587209000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Izzy Balderas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available.
- Entertainment: Available next door at the Belly Up.
- Public Transit: We are located in the heart of the Solana Beach Cedros Design District, within walking distance of the Amtrack Station. Also, just two blocks off the 101, Wild Note Cafe is located near a bus stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking andoff-street lots are available.
A word from Wild Note Cafe
As part of the world renowned Belly Up, The Wild Note Café is a neighborhood bistro style restaurant with exceptional atmosphere, exciting food & excellent service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wild Note Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Wild NoteDispleasedVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a good meal and even though there was a party of ten next to us we got served relatively fast. Very convenient to The Belly Up which we were going to after dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeJimFDined on 8/19/2014The Wild Note is a great place to eat, particularly when headed to a Belly Up concert. There is a back door to the venue giving you a jump on the line outside Belly Up. The food is good. Liked the Filet Mignon Sliders with sweet potato fries. Service was good the night I was there. Prices ar OK, not cheap, but not outrageous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Food was great just struggled a little with service..:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Wild Note Cafe reviews archive.
- A very nice timeGamsNEggsVIPDined on 4/15/2014It was lovely, and I recognized my server from when I moved to town in 1997, but I've been gone, so she didn't recognize me, hence I was marked as not showing up...Special Features:
- No other restaurant on Cedros AvenuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2014This restaurant is the only sit down dinner venue on all of Cedros Avenue. Unfortunately that means the monopoly beats all quality and parameters for proper rating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food-good. Service-bad!TaylorDined on 3/26/2014My friend and I had dinner at The Wild Note before a show we were seeing at The Belly Up. We arrived nearly two hours before the show- plenty of time. We had to ask the bus person for our waitress twice... Once to order after sitting for over fifteen minutes waiting for our wine to be brought to the table and to order, and again for our bill. The Calamari appetizer was good. The Caesar Salad was very bland and actually tasteless, unfortunately. We finally received our bill barely ten minutes prior to show time. We were never asked whether or not we were trying to catch the show, which I would think would be one of the waitstaff's first questions there, particularly since the restaurant is a part of the Belly Up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Belly Up concertbillDined on 2/16/2014The Belly Up can sellout and parking in the area is at a premium. Go early, have a dinner and have some wine at the Wild Note. Good food, fair prices, side entrance to the concert. Very Convenient !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to go beforechshottVIPDined on 2/13/2014Wonderful place to go before a concert at the belly up. Good food and a fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good preconcert optionbayview19Dined on 1/25/2014The food was good, but a bit overpriced for the quantity you get in return. The mahi sliders were tasty, but small and not filling enough for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve meal....touristsHappyshopperDined on 12/31/2013Booked the a Wild Note after reading reviews here, they didn't hv a child's menu but staff very accommodating. They provided half portions if they could and offered pasta & few plain choices! From 3 course $35 menu, ahi mango roll & Caesar salad. Bacon wrapped scallops, crusted chicken, kids had tandoori chicken & sliders, every dish was presented beautifully & was absolutely delicious.banana chocolate fudge cake & my cheesecake, delish! I totally recommend this place, the food and service is top notch, Go there if you are in Solana beach! Ooh and just to add there is a music venue next door adds a bit of atmosphere but not so noisy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belly Up Tavern PrecursorBobbyDined on 12/8/2013Wild Note Cafe is a great place for dinner before seeing a show at Belly Up Tavern.One can feel the excitement in the dining room about the upcoming showl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDaleDined on 11/7/2013Four of us decided to hit the Wild Note before a Belly Up concert. Although service right after we were seated was VERY slow, once things picked up we were extremely pleased with our decision. The appetizers were very tasty (although not huge or really suitable for large groups/sharing. All four of us raved about our main courses; in particular, the sea bass was FABULOUS as was the salmon. We will definitely return to this wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little PlaceGregVIPDined on 10/25/2013Small and tucked in next to the Belly Up Tavern it provide a place for food and quiet conversation with limited outdoor seating. There is a substantial gluten-free menu with a number of great selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine before a showXta42VIPDined on 9/14/2013We always eat here before a show at the Belly Up. The food and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good though the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2013Food was good though the last time it wasn't quite as good as usual. Wine list was overpriced and you're better to stick with beer. Nice little neighborhood gem with some unique items on the menu. Enjoyable and would be good for most anyone.Special Features:
- Dinner before Anuhea showOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2013Service was very prompt and friendly. Went with the lobster mac and cheese, and the wife had the mixed seafood grill. Hers was small, but great. With mine, the lobster was plentiful, but the mac and cheese itself wasn't as good. It was very runny and thin and the flavor wasn't very cheesy...almost seemed like they diluted it with milk. I guess I prefer my mac and cheese to be gooey and brimming with cheese. More of 3-1/2 stars, but I'll round up to four overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before a concertOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2013Great place before you hit the Belly up for a concert. The food is good and the servers are super nice. No complaints!Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2013Had the Tandoori Chicken (recommended by our server) as well as the Edamame. Everything was yummy and perfect for a pre-show meal! The service was great - made sure our water glasses were full and very friendly without being pushy. We spent quite some time sitting and enjoying our wine and never felt like we were being rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place b4 a show @ Belly UpXta42VIPDined on 7/28/2013Must make a reservation before a show. Food is good, our waiter was fantastic. He had a great attitude and was very cheerful. It is the only way to see a show at the Belly Up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBlondyinCADined on 7/12/2013It's great for a good glass of wine and dinner before seeing a show at Belly Up. Food was so yummy and they have a great selection of wine. I love the outdoor patio (when it's not too hot). It's a small place, but worth it. Lobster dumpling appetizer is awesome. When it gets busy it is very loud because it's such a small place, so the patio is perfect seating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinner, too!MJS3Dined on 5/16/2013I've enjoyed many wonderful lunches at Wild Note Cafe, this was the first time I've been there for dinner. I messed up my OpenTable reservation, made it for Thursday instead of Friday, but amazingly when we showed up a little after 7 they were able to accommodate a group of 6, very impressive. Everyone loved their meals, I had the shrimp and lobster enchiladas which were to die for. Service was efficient and friendly....all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Connected to Belly Up BarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Connected to Belly Up Bar which has great concerts. Food was greatSpecial Features:
- The special was fish and chips.LollyVIPDined on 5/1/2013The special was fish and chips. Dry. Service not great Pricey for quality of food Just convenient to Belly Up
- Food was excellent and veryArleneDined on 4/13/2013Food was excellent and very well priced. Love that the corkage fee is only $15.00. Will go back for that reason!!!Special Features:
- A Neighborhood Gemluv2eatoutDined on 3/18/2013A lovely spot to compliment the following concert at the Belly UP Tavern. We split a salad and generous sized "sliders" and enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine. Dessert topped off the delightful dinner and we were pleasantly set for the evening concert. We will be back again with friends! Servers were warm, helpful and very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always enjoy Wild Note.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2013I always enjoy Wild Note. Perfect location in Cedros Design District for daytime shopping stop, or before a show at Belly Up. The food offerings are unique and always tasty.Special Features:
- Great pre-concert hangout and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Great food and pre- concert hangout venue! We took a bit to decide on what to order. The waitress had come over a few times but when we were ready to order couldn't find her and had to get another waitress? She was attentive after that!Special Features:
- good food but deafening musicBRuthDined on 3/8/2013We have eaten here several times and enjoyed it. We were hoping for a quiet, romantic dinner, but the rock music from the theater was deafening, and the quieter patio was closed off for a private event. The food is very good, but the stress from the noise detracted from our ability to enjoy or even taste.
- Before show at Belly UpOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/7/2013If you're going to a concert at the Belly Up, it's a great spot to have a bite to eat before the show.Special Features:
- I made the mistake of orderingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013I made the mistake of ordering tandoori chicken-what was I thinking? this is not an indian restaurant and no tandoor oven in sight. Basically chicken breast with some curry spice. Average meal. The restaurant was busy as is normal when a band is playing, it is a loudish restaurant. Nothing to get excited about.
- cute restaurant, good food.OCDinerVIPDined on 2/4/2013cute restaurant, good food. Very convenient if going to the Belly up for a concertSpecial Features:
- We've eaten here before headingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013We've eaten here before heading into a show a few times, and it seems to be a little better every time. Definitely worth stopping through, even if you are not headed into the BellyUp.Special Features:
- we were actually quite disappointedChessieDined on 1/23/2013we were actually quite disappointed, unfortunately. the beet salad was the highlight and was very good; the crab cakes were also good. things went down hill from there. the pork wellington entree was overdone and dry. the chicken stack entree was also over done and the chicken was very dry. the corn cakes were actually burned on the bottom and inedible. when i pointed out the burned corn cakes to the server, there was no response whatsoever. the key lime pie was rather flavorless. needless to say, we will not be back, even though we live about 4 miles up the coast.
- The Cafe is attached to theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/13/2013The Cafe is attached to the club next door, which gives an interesting vibe. The food was wonderful and very creative. We attended for restaurant week and loved some of the new items which we hope are placed onto the regular menu soon, such as the roasted beet salad and the pork wellington. The roasted beet salad (with almond crusted goat cheese, spinach, and warm bacon-dijon vinaigrette) was the best version I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- First visit - really enjoyed it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012We made a reservation as we were heading to a show at the Belly Up. Since there was a group of 4 we decided to order a few appetizers and the special entree to share. While everything was good the table favorite were the Ahi Tartar Tacos served in Crispy Wontons. We even ordered a second on those. Access to the club was easy and when it was time we just lined up in the corridor and didn't have to bother standing out in the line with everyone else. Prices were reasonable and I would definitely recommend it! I know I'll be returning again!Special Features:
- Stopped for dinner beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2012Stopped for dinner before attending a concert at the Belly Up. Patrons get to line up t get in the venue. the food was really good and the perfect portion size. And reasonably priced. Wine and beer list was good.Special Features:
- Enjoy!!GailCVIPDined on 10/22/2012Super for a pre-concert (BellyUp)meal!! The menu offers variety with veggie options. Service is very good and attentive --glasses were regularly refilled. Recommended!!Special Features:
- This is a nice little spot.BRuthDined on 10/6/2012This is a nice little spot. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Delicious food! Our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2012Delicious food! Our party of four each enjoyed a different meal and all agreed it was delicious! Had tickets to the Belly Up next door and found it so very convenient, not extra parking and being able to go in the back entrance. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- We were pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012We were pleasantly surprised at how yummy the food was. A little small but that added to the ambiance. Fun music.Will go back when we are in the areaSpecial Features: