127 Franklin Road
Brentwood, TN 37027Neighborhood:
Franklin / Brentwood
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildirisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (615) 370-0871
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Drew Fugere
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Wild Iris
Long known as Brentwood"s favorite neighborhood restaurant, over the years Wild Iris has bloomed into a sexy and food-driven restaurant with a menu, wine list and full bar that appeals to all crowds. The Tennessean raves, "Wild Iris has always been good. If anything, it only improves with time."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Wild Iris - Best Restaurants in Franklin / Brentwood ›
Wild Iris reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (43)romantic (31)special occasion (26)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (8)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- One of our favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014The duck and lamb were impeccable. The oysters on the half shell were disappointing. Our sever was friendly and professional. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brentwood GemDinersDinerDined on 11/15/2014Wild Iris is a great local, warm, friendly, romantic, unique restaurant with a great menu and good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have the best salads in this area.googooDined on 11/15/2014We come here for fish and pasta dishes as well. the braised lamb shank with winter root vegetables is very good. The tables are close together, and they are usually full on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristyMom2teensVIPDined on 11/14/2014Wild Iris is one of our favorite spots! It is so comfortable, very welcoming, cozy, and relaxing. It is a cheerful and fun place, & can also be romantic. The wine list is good , and the food is always incredible! We have never been disappointed with our food or our service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/13/2014The food was very good and waiter was attentive. It's not a huge place and it was very busy, so seems a bit cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On my list of favoritesDianeDined on 10/31/2014I have always been happy after a meal at Wild Iris. The food is very good, the service is very good, a very friendly and cozy atmosphere. I LOVED the mac and cheese they served with the tenderloin Friday night. It was a calorie splurge, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brentwood DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The food was alright. The service was acceptable. There are much better restaurants but it was close our hotel. I would not make a special trip to eat there. ... My son said his filet was excellent. I'd give the place 3 out of 5 stars... Maybe 3.5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood feel, outstanding foodgeorgeIIIDined on 10/11/2014Don't be deceived by the location - this neighborhood gem has a menu that is creative but appealing, and the food is really well prepared and reasonably priced. This, together with the excellent but non-stuffy service, and a small but friendly bar area, makes this a great place for "regulars" but also a comfortable choice for special occasions.Special Features:
- DelightfulLexiVIPDined on 9/23/2014We had a delightful experience at Wild Iris. The food and service was terrific! I had a chicken with orzo rice dish and it was moist and delicious and my friend had the mushroom ravioli and she almost licked the dish.Special Features:
- Needs to improveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014For an uncrowded Thursday, we had only mediocre service and food. Menus didn't include copies of the specials. Server didn't check on food after it was served. Nor did she ask if I wanted a second glass of wine. My bouillabaisse had an unopened mussel, thin stock and little rice and was topped with almost-burned grilled bread slices instead of crusty French bread. A companion asked for red potatoes instead of sweet potatoes with the pork chop and got three little slices. After dinner, we didn't linger for dessert or drinks because a greasy smoke in the dining room made my eyes burn. Menu prices like that equate with better food and service. Will I go back? Probably not. There are many good options in this area.Special Features:
- OK FOODKRISFANDined on 9/13/2014We read rave reviews but were a bit disappointed. My house salad was good but nothing unusual. I had the exact salad 3 times this week at other, less expensive restaurants. I guess dried cherries, walnuts and blue cheese are the in thing now. The dressing was a bit heavy. I had the beef which looked great, but all the flavors ran together. I would have preferred the vegetables not be under the meat. The asparagus and potatoes lost their flavor as they had to soak up the sauce, too. Almost like eating a stew. My husband had the trout. He said it was ok but again too many things going on. Service was very good.
- We ordered the wrong thingFoodforThoughtDined on 9/12/2014I've eaten here a handful of times for lunch and was never disappointed. Once for dinner, had the pork chop, it was fantastic. This time my husband and I ordered the trout and mushroom ravioli, we were doubly disappointed. The ravioli was not fresh and the sauce tasted straight from a can. The trout itself was decent but the kale was overcooked and drowning to the point of soggy in some kind of sauce. Seemed low caliber from any prior experience. Recommend: the pork chop. They have great wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Excellence!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Wild Iris provides excellent tasting and quality food at reasonable prices in a nice setting. The dishes are extraordinary, both in taste and in content. The chef does a marvelous job putting together foods that you normally would not find together - pork chops and brussel sprouts, for example. The service is excellent as well - this is really a nice restaurant. We had eaten her before several times a few years ago - it was nice to rediscover the Wild Iris.Special Features:
- Always a treat!civoryrncDined on 9/10/2014Had dinner here with two friends, one of whom is new to town. Neither had been to Wild Iris before, even though they both work close by. I always enjoy the specials and the way the menu changes regularly. We all had great service and (mostly) delicious food. I ordered the Char special; my piece of Char tasted a little "off". My friend ordered the same dish and hers was delicious. Our server was very apologetic and offered to get me something else, which I declined. When I received my bill, my entree had been credited. This was very nice and one of the reasons Wild Iris is one of my favorites! Highly recommended...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great wine!Katie8HereDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I took my mother to dinner this past Saturday to celebrate her retirement. We had made a reservation online and were seated right away when we arrived. Our server was very friendly and attentive (but not overly so, which was nice). Over all, we are very happy with our whole dining experience that evening. The food was superb and the atmosphere is very nice and relaxing. We will definitely go again. I highly recommend Wild Iris!Special Features:
- Very busy place, but great.PattybDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend, myself, and another couple went to Wild Iris during Nashville's Restaurant Week. As my boyfriend and I went to the bar, they seemed very overwhelmed and the bartenders explained that this week is the busiest of all and they were short of staff that night as well. She helped me with my choice of wine and it was excellent. We felt pretty squished once we sat down at our table and there was barely any room on the table for the plates, silverware, drinks, candle, and the salt and pepper. Our waitress seemed to have forgotten about us, especially refills were the hardest to track her down with. Other than that, it was great wine and great food.Special Features:
- creative cuisinefoodandwineDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the evening with friends, always a busy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood restaurantFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Went during restaurant week. Had a varied menu-food was good Restaurant was loud.Special Features:
- Fine DiningLarryVIPDined on 8/21/2014We always find the Wild Iris a good choice for fine food and wine served promptly and courteously. The entrees are creative and are sure to please the pallet with a wide variety of choices. They never disappoint us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014food was delicious and service great It was a birthday gift to my husband from friends, and a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful local gemJhiannaDined on 8/20/2014The service was fantastic, and it's a lovely place tucked into a busy section of Brentwood. The pork chop, squash fritters, and chocolate torte were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The swordfish was absolutely delicious. We were able to talk without too much difficulty. Just a great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal in Brentwood, TNIllinoisEatersVIPDined on 8/9/2014My family of 5 dined here recently, based on online recommendations, and we were not disappointed! We would definitely return. We were seated immediately, and the attention we received throughout the meal was spot-on. We had appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts. The Mediterranean plate and frog legs appetizers were very good, as were our salads. For entrees, we had the pork chop, ribeye, the mahi-mahi special x2, and the salmon. All were very tasty, cooked to order, with excellent accompaniments. We shared three desserts (bread pudding, flourless chocolate cake, and tira misu) -- mmmmm! All in all, a terrific meal. Do not hesitate to go!Special Features:
- foodsnobDined on 8/9/2014The food was very good. I would definitely recommend The pork dish and the shrimp and grits. both were excellent. The only downside was the creme brulee was poorly done.Special Features:
- Great place in BrentwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great food and decent prices! My husband and I hadn't been to this restaurant in years and wanted to dine in Brentwood. I ordered the shrimp and grits (it's a bit spicy and not the traditional shrimp & grits) my husband ordered the pork chop and loved it! We sat outside and enjoyed the light breeze on a summer night. It was a very relaxing, pleasant evening. We will be back!Special Features:
- Relaxed, Friendly go back to placeBobVDined on 8/1/2014Staying nearby for the weekend. Reviews here very helpful. Went two nights in a row. Great find. Food was excellent. Fried Green Tomatoes so good had both nights. Brined pork chop out of this world good. Great flavors, complex and rich. Salmon 2nd night. Very good but I would Try the chop first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the Wild Iris reviews archive.
- Nice evening.StaceyR37064Dined on 7/22/2014Met here with two other friends and the bartender was friendly, knowledgable and fast! We enjoyed talking at bar before heading to table. Easy to chat, catch up without feeling rushed off to table. Nice wine list and dinner menu selections. We all had fish- two snapper orders and one trout. All very fresh, very flavorful. Would go back again anytime. For couples or groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Wonderful!IcePrincessVIPDined on 7/1/2014This visit was probably my 5th visit to Wild Iris. My waiter was Will and he was exceptional. When I return to the restaurant in the future (and I definitely will), I will request him from now on. Will was attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. The service was excellent. The food was was so delicious. I had the cider-brined pork chop and it is in the OMG category. It was so tender & juicy. It even had a little bit of "char" on it (I love char!). It was my second time having this dish and I can''t say enough good things about it. So yummy! The ambience was intimate and quiet (love that!). It's a small restaurant inside, so there isn't a lot of room. My only complaint...how small the chairs are. The food and service makeup for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014disappointed, food poor in taste & quantity Bad valueSpecial Features:
- dinner was great againfoodandwineDined on 6/25/2014A neighborhood restaurant but with a spot on menu. The food never disappoints.Special Features:
- Enjoyable for dinner with friendsdholmesDined on 6/25/2014Consistency is important for a spot focused on the local audience and Wild Iris continues to deliver. Attentive service and familiar ambiance bouyed by well-prepared food makes for a winner.Special Features:
- Better than greatCatManDined on 6/18/2014Second time I've been to the Wild Iris. This time was with colleagues and each of us exclaimed it was one of the best meals we had experienced In a long while. Food was spectacular, service was great! I'm coming back next time I'm in Franklin, TN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific FindlarimiDined on 6/7/2014First time, and introducing friends who just bought a home nearby. Will go bback.Special Features:
- Always good!BonappetitVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is one of our neighborhood restaurants that we frequent and the food is consistently good. The menu is tweaked regularly. I believe I've had just about everything on the menu but I particularly enjoy the salads, mussels, salmon, and chicken. It's a small place in a little strip mall with a small patio out front. Has a decent wine list and makes one of the best martinis in the Nashville area.Special Features:
- Second VisitpbrimerDined on 5/21/2014I have eaten here twice in the last month while on business travel to Nashville. This is a real find. I have been traveling for 40+ years and have stopped eating at chain restaurants. I search Open Table, Google and other places to find local restaurants. The food and service here are fantastic. Definitely on my return list.Special Features:
- wonderfulGrandmamaVIPDined on 5/3/2014Great little gem of a neighborhood restaurant. Innovated menu with good specials. Wait staff is very helpful with food suggestions. The restaurant is in a little strip center with plenty of parking and good interate asset.Special Features:
- Delicious meallove2eatDined on 5/3/2014Very nice overall and the service was outstanding. The bar is in full view of the dining room and the hostess and servers congregated there chatting in between customers, albeit quietly for the most part, but it was a bit distracting. Our meal was very good. More vegetarian options would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumfoodandwineDined on 4/30/2014Wild Iris is one of our "go to restaurants" in our area. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was greatpiemanDined on 4/29/2014I had a reservation, was seated immediately, but had to wait close to 14 minutes before a server came to even bring a glass of water. After the servers came, they were great. The food was terrific!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great ovrall experience,CatfishVIPDined on 4/14/2014Not a great ovrall experience, but the food was very good - not great. We went there becaue it was a Monday and everyone else was closed. This definately would be our 3rd or 4th choice other wise.Special Features: