Wild Grape Bistro
481 E. South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84111Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wild Grape Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildgrapebistro.com/
- Phone: 8017465565
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Phelix Gardner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: New American Cuisine, let us know your budget and we will propose several options in that price range.
- Entertainment: We have live music Thursday evenings 7:00pm -9:00pm with 1/2 price appetizers.
A word from Wild Grape Bistro
You may know local restaurateur, Troy Greenhawt from Flemings Prime Steakhouse or Ruby River Steakhouse. Troy & Jessica Greenhawt have created the Wild Grape, New West Bistro, with a vision and a conscience. Wild Grape Bistro is an award winning restaurant Wining Utah’s Best Chef Cook-off 2009 and receiving awards from Salt Lake Magazine as Best New Discovery, Utah Business Magazine as Best Kept Secret, written about in Sunset Magazine and numerous smaller publications. This is a great achievement from such a young restaurant. Envision traditional made-from-scratch cooking from an old west cafe brought up to date by a modern and creative chef. Envision the extensive use of fresh, sustainable, locally produced often organic, products. Envision the smells and tastes emanating from an authentic wood-fired grill and smoker. Envision an extensive wine list featuring amazing bottles from some of the West’s small and creative winemakers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Wild Grape Bistro - Best Restaurants in Salt Lake City ›
Wild Grape Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (9)great for brunch (7)romantic (6)special occasion (6)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A tarnished gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014The owner needs to remove himself and make the experience better. After he sat us in the corner next to a large party we could barely hear each other. The food was slow coming out and so were the drinks. Nobody asked if we wanted wine with dinner and there was not even enough silverware for our food. Overall the food was good but it has lost ground in days past. The dessert was very good and so were the after dinner drinks. But the 200 plus bill for three people certainly was not justified for the meal. I feel sad as this used to be one of my favorite places. I don't think I will be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- won't do it againdineoutalotDined on 9/16/2014Participated in the Dine-Around. We were a party of 4 and got there at 5:45. We all ordered quickly and enjoyed our salads/soups and then our entrees. Then began the wait. We ordered our desserts at the beginning but they didn't appear and they didn't appear. We mentioned to our waitress that we had a commitment but they still didn't appear. We finally got up and left at 7:10 with only 20 minutes to get to the theater, park and make it to our seats before the play began. The manager followed us out of the restaurant and apologized but we all felt too little, too late. Waiting over 30 minutes for a dessert that should have been prepared and only needed plating is unacceptable. Probably won't be back.
- Perfect Saturday NightDrLydiaGrayDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a delightful evening on the patio with burgers and dessert. Both of our burgers were top-notch and cooked to order. Sharing the luxurious chocolate pudding was the final decadent part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience at the Wild GrapeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This is a very nicely decorated restaurant and we wanted to like the food, but unfortunately all of the dishes we received were over-salted. Also, the burgers we ordered as our main dish were switched with the sides we ordered. Our main course took a very long time, though the waitress did apologize for this. When we were given our appetizer, one of the plates was very dirty, which the waitress took away, but she proceeded to forget to bring another plate. She also apologized for this when she realized I did not have a plate. Overall, between these events and the over-salting of the food, it seems the staff at the restaurant are a bit absent minded. Therefore, I would not recommend this restaurant to others.
- hit and missAndiVIPDined on 8/22/2014I generally love Wild Grape a lot! This time was not that great tho. Maybe it was what we ordered? The salad we started off with was fantastic. The new local things featured every week is a great idea. BUT-our main dishes left something to be desired. The filet was not a good cut of meat-very fatty. And the chicken, while good, just wasn't worth the money for the portion size you actually received. Minimal wing and rib meat pieces. I'd suggest stepping it up with better cuts of beef, and either a half chicken or chicken breast for that dish. Other than that, the service was great. I just wish the dishes we picked would have been better.Special Features:
- Tasty treatsugarnspiceDined on 7/12/2014I met with friends for a delicious lunch at the bistro. We ate out on the patio, which was very pleasant. I had the Turkey Cranberry sandwich with a "petite" house salad. The salad was amazing and abundant. The sandwich had lots of flavor, and I was able to take half of it home. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- give them one more trypartyof2Dined on 7/11/2014Halibut was over cooked, they replaced it with perfectly cooked lamb chops. Ordered my rib eye medium rare it came out well done. Very nice staff and took care of the issues. I would return and give them a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodFrankVIPDined on 6/22/2014A nice place for Sunday brunch. It's relaxing, and has a nice varied menu. Love the Eggs Benedict, the Breakfast Burrito, and the perfectly salted breakfast potatoes. Burgers and salads are also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Place1DiningTreatDined on 6/15/2014Everyone we had contact with from the Hostess to the Serving Staff went out of their way to make sure we felt welcome. They all made sure we had what we wanted and every thing was served in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchluv4brunchDined on 6/8/2014The food is excellent, service was good. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 399 reviews are from the Wild Grape Bistro reviews archive.
- Tuesday dinnerscottfDined on 5/20/2014very happy with the food and the experience. Service was good. We will return.Special Features:
- Fun with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014My best friend and I caught up over dinner at Wild Grape as she lives in Colorado and I now live in SLC. It was the perfect atmosphere for our girls night out. The service was great, and so were the drinks he made us as our waiter was also the bartender. Had a great meal and will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eclectic menunewtoSLCDined on 5/4/2014The waitstaff was friendly and extremely professional. The food was very good. The menu was over-priced for the food.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchEmptyADined on 4/29/2014A great place to treat somebody to a wonderful meal. The service is first class and the food is wonderful. There are many options available on the menu and everything I've tried has been full of flavor and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunching4avesDined on 4/16/2014I don't generally do lunch at the Wild Grape. I was a bit disappointed with the food. It was not up to par with the dinner offerings. It was adequate though. It was very warm in the restaurant and I came home smelling like I had been sitting in a barbeque smoker. Better ventilation would be an asset. The service was ok.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerAllaboutfoodDined on 4/12/2014We've been to the Wild Grape Bistro several times and it never fails to be excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible and disappointingFpj55VIPDined on 4/5/2014We brought guest from out of town here based on a previous recommendation. Not only were we disappointed but we were embarrassed to have picked this restuarant to bring our guests too. The service was terrible. Our waiter took a very long time to even come to our table despite an almost empty restaurant. He then rarely checked on us. It was almost an hour from the time we sat down before we got our main course. But because he never checked on us, we couldn't tell him all four of our meals had mistakes. None of the burgers had the cheese as described on the menu and all four were cooked the same although they were ordered to be cooked differently. They were all dry without flavor.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/29/2014Our son lives in SLC and this is the second time we went to Wild Grapes. The last time was for lunch. Dinner was just as delicious and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed at BestNicolemarie323Dined on 3/21/2014A friend recommended this place several months ago. The service was dismal...our server had a very disengaged approach and seemed less and less interested to help us as the night went on. The food was just ok...not much flavor and really lacking in the presentation. My husband's steak was fatty and of overall poor quality. The bread pudding was more like a dense paste...so terrible that we sent it back. The best part were the drinks but way over priced for the restaurant. Our bill was 90.00 and I don't understand how that's possible with the subpar food we ordered. When I shared this experience with my friend, he said he had the same results and of late and stopped going. This please needs done help...I will never go again!
- consistent neighboorhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/1/2014Always a great place to go for an excellent meal in a very nice, relaxed environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CarolDined on 2/20/2014Food was well-presented and excellently prepared! Portion size was perfect - neither stingy nor over the top. Wine by the glass menu could use a little more variety but overall, not bad at all. Well worth the price for a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit of Many MoreCookyDined on 2/16/2014We were searching for a special place for a nice romantic dinner with an excellent menu. Wild Grape exceeded our expectations on every level. We enjoyed their Sunday Prime Rib special which was outstanding. We look forward to returning and enjoying other items on the menu. The special Lemon Drop cocktail with rosemary was a very special treat. The house red wine was very nice. Terrific selection of beer. The service was fast, friendly, and very knowledgeable. Thank you, Wild Grape, for a very memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The restaurant was a little more crowded than I expected and that led to some higher volume background noise. However, the food and incredible service more than made up for it! Best Valentine's dinner I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciouscasualdinerDined on 2/14/2014The halibut was very tasty. Our waitress was attentive on a very busy Valentine's Day. However our order was lost and we patiently waited an hour for our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentEasy2PlzDined on 2/14/2014Slow service, unseasoned food that sat under the heat lamps for too long
- My Favorite Brunch PlaceVeggieloverDined on 2/2/2014Their bloody mary's are my favorite! I recommend the House Infused Habanero Vodka, but it can be inconsistently hot, so times very spicy, and some times barely bearable. Still my favorite brunch place, and I'm in there almost weekly.Special Features:
- Brunch a hitJoyceDined on 1/26/2014Great Sunday brunch. Good food and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great find - local and greenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2014I was in SLC on a business trip and wanted bison, working on the presumption that I was in the "west" and that bison would be local. It was more difficult than I thought to find a place serving bison, particularly a place that seemed local. I found Wild Grape via OpenTable reviews and was delighted that it lived up to the great reviews posted. Food was delicious, service was excellent, and the overall quality was amazing (including locally sourced and organic foods). Such a treasure! A great way to finish a fabulous trip.Special Features:
- Fabulous food!roniDined on 1/19/2014We had a wonderful dinner! Delicious gnocchi and a lemon drop martini that was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSkipDined on 1/17/2014While the service was great, the appetizers were very good, the entrees left a lot to be desired. I had the Halibut, which was just about inedible. The level of oil, grease, butter combined with the potato cake on the bottom soaking it all up was very unappealing. Plus at a price of $24.00, there was nothing green on the plate to cut the grease. Very disappointing. The Salmon with barbecue sauce was overdone and had no color. The creme brulee, was the worst. It was so heavy with an over abundance of butter. For a dinner costing $200.00 plus, we will not be returning to Wild Grape. We have had wonderful meals in the past but this was a big disappointment especially with trying to show a client a nice evening.
- WandaWandaDined on 1/11/2014One of our favorite spots. Brunch, lunch and dinner are all wonderful. My husband lives the beef rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We don't go here often enough......JohnDVIPDined on 1/10/2014....and we have no idea why! The menu is varied and the selections have always been delicious. Service is also a high point at the Wild Grape. Wine and beverage selections are appealing and reasonably priced. We'll make a point of coming here more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindMikeDined on 1/10/2014Awesome food with great Flavors! Will visit more often.Special Features:
- Impresses me againHollyMDined on 1/9/2014I used to live in Salt Lake and work not from the Wild Grape (in fact, I remember when it opened). From then to now, the Wild Grape Bistro has prepared delicious food in a lovely ambience. I moved away 3 years ago, but met some friends at Wild Grape for dinner last week and was delighted once again. My burger was phenomenal. My friends had the pork chop ... and something else. I don't recall--but we were all satisfied. The only snafu was the dessert they ordered and split. It was the s'mores mousse, and both of them felt like it was stale and not delicious (but I never ate any ... so I can't complain, I suppose).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.SkippsDined on 12/31/2013I specifically asked (in my reservation on-line) for a booth by the window as it was my husbands birthday. We got sat right next to the kitchen right where servers come in and out not even next to a window. The server was not very attentive. By the time she came to check on us after the food-runner brought it out, we were already done. My husband ordered the Bison burger med-well and it came out med-rare. We waited to tell the waitress but it took too long so he only ate about 1/2 of it.
- Delicious!MeredithDined on 12/31/2013Went here for New Year's Eve dinner and it was spectacular. Our server was polite and helpful and the food made my taste buds dance. I still dream about the tasty dish I had. It was hard for me not to steal several bites from my boyfriend's plate and I was definitely eyeballing my neighbor's dish as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement CelebrationhoponabikeDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I booked a table at Wild Grape for lunch on my last day of work. The service was outstanding! The food was exceptional. We were at the table for over an hour and a half and our waiter was always attentive without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild Grape - Great Brunch!MikeDined on 12/29/2013A much better experience than our last meal here which was a dinner. The food was fresh and well made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for foodies!AlexisVIPDined on 12/24/2013We love Wild Grape. We went for lunch and were delighted we could still order some breakfast items. The service is great. Attentive but not in your way and interrupting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect EveningTBS1Dined on 12/12/2013We chose this restaurant due to its proximity to the location of a concert we would attend later in the evening. The food was exquisite, service was pleasant, and the atmosphere delightful.Special Features: