Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma
6 Petaluma Blvd. North
Petaluma, CA 94952Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildgoatbistro.com/wildgoatbistro/Home.html
- Phone: (707) 658-1156
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: M-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: Su 5:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: The Wild Goat Bistro offers customized catering for whatever the event might be - business meetings, birthday, graduation or anniversary celebrations, corporate events, private dinner parties. Our objectives are to plan well, deliver quality food in creative presentations, serve it professionally and do what it takes to make your event worry free. Unique menus are created for each event - no two events are alike, so why should the food be?
A word from Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma
Nestled in the historic Great Petaluma Mill, the Wild Goat Bistro offers a casual dining experience in a rustic and inviting atmosphere. The charming space reflects a European style bistro with intimate dining tables, a reclaimed copper-top counter which has a birds-eye view of the open kitchen. There is additional seating available at a community farm table for larger gatherings. The Wild Goat Bistro offers up a menu of honest food that uses local fresh organic ingredients in a variety of culinary traditions. From their specialty Neopolitan style 10" pizzas, to innovative salads, to scrumptious main dishes, to sharable small plates - it is a seasonally changing menu that has something for everyone anytime of the day. Special attention is given to making nearly the entire menu gluten-free - even the amazing home-made desserts. Their carefully curated wine list includes wines from hand crafted, small production local vitners as well as wines of interest from around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma - Best Restaurants in Petaluma ›
Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (30)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (8)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (6)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Petaluma Mon AmiRobobobVIPDined on 11/22/2014This is my new "to-go" spot in Petaluma. The place is cozy, warm, a great place in chilled weather; for me, it evoked a found bistro in France that you'll never forget. Five diners, we, and all raved—not easy when two want fish and only fish, two want meat and only meat, and one is saddled with a sweetly demented contract of vegan or nothing. The wait-staff was impeccably accommodating. Great wine list—and reasonable! In the famous words of General MacArthur: "I shall return"… frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petaluma pearlOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/22/2014Even though we were 15 minutes late for our reservation, we were greeted and seated with a smile. My companion had a green salad which she thought totally delightful. I very much enjoyed my chicken sandwich. Sadly we did not have room for dessert. I look forward to returning to this restaurant many times.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very food but limited choiceAnex43VIPDined on 11/19/2014A limited menu of well prepared food. Wine list is also very limited. Service is friendly and helpful. A large part of the menu is interesting thin crust pizza. They also have wonderful deserts. The chocolate macadamia nut desert is just out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why make a reservation?ThesuzeDined on 11/8/2014We were not seated until 30 minutes past our reserved time. The owner, when questioned, said there is no way she can promise her customers that they will be seated even if they have a reservation. She even asked me when have I ever been seated in a restaurant on time. She was rude and angry. Service was slow and the food was poor. My steak was ordered rare and came well done. The pasta was sloppy runny. All in all it was about the worst restaurant experience my friends and I have ever had.
- WunderbarGuteelternVIPDined on 11/7/2014I meet friends at a regular basis at Restaurant and enjoy food and ambiance. The owner comes frequently thru and greets guests. I find this very positive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014I ordered the salad with chicken and was shocked when it arrived. it was mostly comprised of very small slices of lettuce and the chicken was nothing but tiny tiny bits that were barely noticeable and I doubt if there was even 1 oz of chicken in that salad. I was there to visit with an old friend so I didn't express my displeasure at the time. I would not recommend this place. Sorry.
- Superb thin crust pizza and moreSoofoodDined on 11/5/2014The creative and imaginative menu made it hard to choose and didn't disappoint. The thin crust pizza was delicious, as was the spicy variation on 'shrimp and grits,' the night's special spinach, prosciutto and grapefruit salad, and the airy light lemon cake we shared for dessert. The wine list is interestingly varied and the wait staff personable and knowledgeable. A great dining experience in Petaluma!Special Features:
- Definitely coming back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014I was spending the weekend in Petaluma with my little dog and was meeting friends for lunch. Enter Wild Goat Bistro. Not only did they have a water bowl ready but the food was outstanding! Perfect location in downtown and right next to the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOakleafDined on 10/28/2014Have had good meals here before but this time the salmon (fish f the day) was disappointing both in taste and texture.
- Quick and friendlyCinderspinsDined on 10/28/2014This was my first time eating at Wild Goat Bistro and I will be back. The food was good and the service was fast. I had limited time on my lunch break, it was perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreLoulouDined on 10/18/2014I went here midweek and really enjoyed the food. Saturday night was a different story, busy, service was slow although the waitress was very nice. The chicken stuffed with spinach was dry, overlooked, not much stuffing, rather tasteless, salad special was nice, good balance of dressing. Overall, performance is unreliable.Special Features:
- Delicious Dinner!BarbiVIPDined on 10/9/2014This was our first time at the Wild Goat Bistro. We were seated as soon as we arrived, greeted by a very friendly waitress and really enjoyed our dinners. My husband loved his hamburger and I loved my Mediterranean pizza. Our only complaint was that the place is very noisy. Yes, we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodNCpetalumaDined on 9/18/2014You can always count on a great meal here! Everything is fresh and tasty especially their creative daily specials! The downside is it's small and the tables are very close together so it can get a bit noisy. Best to dine at less crowded times like an early or late lunch (or dinner ).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Good food, excellent service, reasonably priced. What else would you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good restaurant in PetalumaRockAndDineVIPDined on 9/13/2014Made last minute Open Table reservation that listed availability for 7:15pm, 7:30pm, and 7:45pm - we chose 7:30pm. When we got to Wild Goat Bistro at 7:30pm, place was packed with many people waiting to be seated (without reservations). When we mentioned our Open Table reservation, the hostess apologized and said the wait would be 20 minutes - there was no room at the very limited bar, left our cell phone # and went across the street for a glass of wine. Table ready at 8:00pm - worth the wait. My spouse and I had the baked chess appetizer, the lamb chop and halibut specials and finished off with key lime pie desert - all very good! Can now count at least 2 good restaurants in Petaluma - Central Market and Wild Goat Bistro - we'll be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Excellent food, good service, small but quaint. Good wine list and good portions. If is a very small place but I like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTinjackDined on 9/6/2014Not only was the food good, the service was amazing. They allowed us to stay for over 4 hrs without pressure. I plan on going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gem with imaginationIntoGreatDiningVIPDined on 9/5/2014Priced right for a nice lunch but definitely not over the top, this little restaurant is in a developed section of Petaluma on the river. Goat cheese plays a role in numerous dishes. salads come in varying sizes with or without added chicken, making it easy to enjoy a small version of an imaginative salad as a side dish. Sliders, shrimp and other small plates are ample enough and with a salad certainly a meal that will last the rest of the afternoon without laying heavily on the tummy. Service was smart and friendly. Wine and champagne choices are plentiful. A definite thumbs-up on this place.Special Features:
- Small and bustlingJackieVIPDined on 8/30/2014We met friends from Novato there and couldn't find it since the sign isn't very prominent. Also there was an accident on the freeway so we were late. They were very accommodating and we appreciated it. Ate inside which was quite warm since there are no fans or AC. But the food was healthy and very good. Probably a better choice for lunch than dinner. But get reservations since they are are busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemSoniaDined on 8/29/2014A lot of charm and good food in a tiny space. Their chopped salad is delicious!! Hamburger with fingerling potatoes and house made ketchup were excellent!!Special Features:
- Great spot for informal Biz LunchSFDukesterDined on 8/26/2014It was fairly quiet place for a nice informal, small business lunch - in the downtown part of Petalume. Really enjoyed the food and service.Special Features:
- Would return, not foodie lovefestflavorloverDined on 8/23/2014We had the crunchy kale salad and the burgers with bacon and gorgonzola. I had a glass of the (2011?) Navarro Pinot - mediocre. Salad was unique and delicious. Burger also very tasty and not greasy, but not very warm when served. I love an heirloom tomato, which came with the burger, but one of my pieces was that outer edge of the tomato that is more skin than lovely juicy insides. The potatoes that came with were bland. Salt, I'm happy to add myself and love that the food was not oversalted, but a little herb in the oil would have upped the game on the potatoes. Homemade ketchup a little bland, but not unpleasant. Filling meal without being too heavy or salty. The table water needs to be filtered, yucky tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyJanetVIPDined on 8/17/2014What a cute little place! They turned the everyday burger into a fantastic creation ! Wow real nice . The place is small but surprisingly not to noisy, service was good and the restaurant is well located close to a walking path along the water so after dinner we took a stroll. nice place for casual date!Special Features:
- Great Little BistrostuniceDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed our first visit to the Wild Goat Bistro. The main restaurant is a very small space, but they have seating outside and in the "hallway" leading to front door. The service was friendly and helpful. We went early and noticed it filled up quickly with regulars. The food was all very tasty and well prepared. I would recommend for a nice meal with some great tasting food.Special Features:
- Fun FareQueenOfAllVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great food in a fun environment. Fabulous pizza and salads. Great to share dishes.Special Features:
- Great varied menu on lovely patio!foodieKVIPDined on 8/7/2014We loved the special heirloom tomato salad! Just delicious! Also the lobster rolls! The fish tacos were okay, not the best. The crusted flounder was moist and very good. We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed our lunch! Extensive wine list. Great cordial service. Would certainly return to try the raw bar!Special Features:
- Yummy and creativeOrindamomVIPDined on 8/7/2014We stopped in after a bike ride for a casual meal and was happily surprised by the fun and friendly environment of The Wild Goat. Although the tables were very close and is hard to have a private conversation, it has more of a communal feeling to the dining experience. The local fare of the Chevre, the seasonal choices of cucumber-ginger gazpacho, the comforting sensation of the bourbon marinated steak, and the elegance of the sea bass were amazing. We will be back when in town for certain!Special Features:
- The following 113 reviews are from the Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma reviews archive.
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Went here for a weekend lunch with some friends. The menu had so much promise but the food didn't fully deliver in my opinion. Sandwiches were good but a little small. And despite sounding like a great combo of ingredients, the actual taste was somewhat bland. Salads were as described but nothing special. Service was very attentive and not pushy or hurried. Much appreciated since we lingered at our table chatting after paying the bill. Would return because the menu is accommodating to all food types (veggie, gluten-free, etc.) but wouldn't rush back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Great place for lunch, food quality high and gluten free offered with most items on menu. I'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best mealJeanneVIPDined on 7/13/2014This was the best meal my husband and I have had in a long time. Everything was cooked to perfection. The sliders were excellent (wonderful angus beef) and the pizza was very creative and the flavors blended well. It's a little short on ambiance but who cares with the quality of the food!Special Features:
- Our Favorite EateryDrtfoodieDined on 7/11/2014This is our favorite place to eat out in Petaluma--both lunch and dinner. We eat lunch here at least once a week, and normally rate it 5 stars for food. They serve fresh, locally sourced organic foods that are healthy and delicious. Most of their recipes are original and unique, and their combinations are almost always absolutely yummy. This night my fish was delightful, but my husband's pork chop was very overcooked and dry, which is a real rarity at the Wild Goat. All the time we've been coming here, don't think we've ever had a mis-cooked item. They did compensate with a free dessert, our favorite--the best Italian lemon cream cake ever. It's still a five star eatery for us, and we will continue to go there weekly or more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horribly crowded and crampedPtownScottDined on 7/11/2014First off, OpenTable made it possible to get a reservation. When I called earlier in the day, the phone just rang and rang. Once we got there, we were not sure that there was actually a table for us, since it looked like we would basically be sharing with another couple. Turns out that there was a whole 9" between tables - which is about 1/2" narrower than the poor server who kept trying to squeeze between us to get to other tables. I ordered the short ribs and found them delicious. My wife ordered the pork chop, and gave up trying to saw through it after about 10 minutes. We ended up going to McNears afterward for a nice (relatively) quiet desert. We had a gift card, which made it worth trying. Might go again to spend the last $32
- A new favorite spotBurghardtVIPDined on 6/29/2014I wanted to order all of the salads and all of the pizzas. I managed to taste everyone's orders and they were all exceptional. This is the kind of place I miss living in the north bay - small, friendly with excellent food that you find all over the place in the city. We will certainly be back often.Special Features:
- A decent placeTrcSebDined on 6/28/2014We went there for my aunts birthday dinner and to try someplace new. The food was cooked well and seasoned properly. Trying to eat a bit lighter these days I ordered the Cobb salad. It tasted good and was not overdressed. My only complaint was it was on the small side and came with a very small amount of chicken and avocado. It also was prepared with mixed greens and could've benefitted with a more substantial lettuce. The others in my party had the calamari and short ribs. Both were seasoned properly and cooked nicely, but were on the small side. Service was attentive without smothering us. I would go back to give them another shot when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy little platescityexplorerDined on 6/22/2014We had the curried mussels and clams which was the best dish. Also the greens and beans, which was more souplike than expected but still delicious. We sat in the courtyard which was sunny and bright. We bypassed the outside tables because there is no drinking on the sidewalk. The wine list is nice and moderately priced. A nice afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff needs polishHighStandardFoodiesDined on 6/22/2014Loved my burger, cooked to perfection, salad was good too, but I've had and seen the same waitress with the same bad attitude twice now and I've got to say that if you don't like serving people then customer service is not the line of work for you. Do us diners a favor and go do something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatTeresaDined on 6/21/2014Another wonderful restaurant in Petaluma. Food, service always top notch.Special Features:
- pleasant bistro GF friendlyCeliacDined on 6/20/2014I was so happy to find a spot in PETALUMA with such GLUTEN FREE friendliness and emphasis. I enjoyed being there. I would be happier for reasons unique to me: 1) I like more vegetables and not so much cheese on my pizza. Plus I love a well baked crust. I would request this next time. However, I don't think they like to vary from the menu listings. 2) there were many GF desserts. They were sweeter than I like and lacked complex flavors. I am overall so glad they exist. So I am reluctant to detract from such a pleasant spot. The service was delightful.Special Features:
- FabulousGinnyDined on 6/19/2014The pizza was crispy, thin and balanced. The salad was a bit full of bitter greens so great that I like that but could dissapoint. All servers were friendly and attentive. I hope they put the ham, chèvre, and mango jutney back on the menu some daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great healthy delicious food!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014The Owner Nancy checked every dish> That went out of the Kitchen. Our server Dee was Fab!!! Do try the New Short Ribs with polenta, Yummy!!!! They also have a great wine list selection... Did I mention at good prices... The best neighborhood find! Bon appétitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.