Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma
6 Petaluma Blvd. North
Petaluma, CA 94952Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildgoatbistro.com/wildgoatbistro/Home.html
- Phone: (707) 658-1156
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: M-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: Su 5:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: The Wild Goat Bistro offers customized catering for whatever the event might be - business meetings, birthday, graduation or anniversary celebrations, corporate events, private dinner parties. Our objectives are to plan well, deliver quality food in creative presentations, serve it professionally and do what it takes to make your event worry free. Unique menus are created for each event - no two events are alike, so why should the food be?
A word from Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma
Nestled in the historic Great Petaluma Mill, the Wild Goat Bistro offers a casual dining experience in a rustic and inviting atmosphere. The charming space reflects a European style bistro with intimate dining tables, a reclaimed copper-top counter which has a birds-eye view of the open kitchen. There is additional seating available at a community farm table for larger gatherings. The Wild Goat Bistro offers up a menu of honest food that uses local fresh organic ingredients in a variety of culinary traditions. From their specialty Neopolitan style 10" pizzas, to innovative salads, to scrumptious main dishes, to sharable small plates - it is a seasonally changing menu that has something for everyone anytime of the day. Special attention is given to making nearly the entire menu gluten-free - even the amazing home-made desserts. Their carefully curated wine list includes wines from hand crafted, small production local vitners as well as wines of interest from around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma - Best Restaurants in Petaluma ›
Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (29)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (8)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Totally comfortable experienceEvenrayDined on 4/21/2014Excellent food preparation; very good wines at very reasonable prices; service that felt personalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primo all aroundHakeRiosFamilyDined on 4/7/2014The best food is food that's divinely delicious AND responsibly harvested. That's Wild Goat! And the service couldn't be better! Genuine, warm, attentive. It's our favorite local restaurant for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!HungryMamaDined on 4/5/2014LOVED this place! My in-laws wanted to treat us to dinner before we had our baby so we picked this place off of Yelp. So glad we did! Service was good - my water glass was never empty - and the food was EXCELLENT. I'd also like to mention that I have gestational diabetes, and haven't eaten out anywhere nice because I was concerned that there wouldn't be anything I would be able to eat on the menu. I am happy to report that not only was the food delish, but it was also GD friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantLaurieluluDined on 4/3/2014We loved the food. We had pork chops, lentil dish and sole. They were all outstanding as was the wine. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - poor planningShinshiaDined on 3/29/2014We booked a table for 7:15. Because we arrived early, we were invited to order wine and wait at a dismal bench in the hall. We were told reservations were running on time. At 7:35 we asked when we would be seated! Waited longer.... As were about to leave, they finally seated us. They did try to make up for the very late start. Food good. Table service good.Special Features:
- Pizza and chicken pesto saladLisaDined on 3/25/2014Both the pizza (I think called Fog Lifter?) and chicken pesto salad were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!AlibongoDined on 3/23/2014Found Wild Goat Café on yelp and thought we would try it out. It was a birthday celebration. The host/manager was most welcoming, she had great recommendations for wine, helped with food suggestions and was very attentive. It was a romantic dinner and we felt like we had enough privacy even though the place is very intimate and brightly lit. All the staff were great, the food was served in a timely manner, explanations were given if needed, food was hot and extremely delicious. I gave it five stars as we could not fault it and will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and Easy, Great FoodTerraFirmaDined on 3/22/2014Thanks to the good reviews we found this place while visiting Petaluma for the Artisan Cheese Festival. We didn't want a huge or elaborate meal after sampling cheese all day. It is smaller than I thought it would be, felt almost like a pub. The food choices were good, well prepared and the waitress delightful. The Sole with Lemon sauce was light and buttery. My husband and I split their Spinach Salad which was also light but flavorful (we had been eating cheese all day so light was good). My husband had the Perfect Pair Pizza with pear and gorgonzola and fresh arugula. Nice flavors. The menu has something to please everyone - from Shortribs to Pizzas, Salads and Small Plates. Local wine list with good choices. We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a friendAndiDined on 3/22/2014I chose the Wild Goat Bistro because the reviews were good, it is good, and the service is OUTSTANDING. The price was fair and the location is really quaint and cute. As for the food, my friend and I each had a salad an shared a pizza. I had a vinaigrette on lettuce with bacon and egg, the waitress accommodated me with changing from a blue cheese to the vinaigrette, which was great that she did this, but I couldn't taste the salad dressing at all and my friend said she had the same problem. Now, for the pizza, it was good, the crust was thin and the sausage kind of spicy. Over all the restaurant is good and the food is good.Special Features:
- A small Gem in PetalumahwyhawgDined on 3/20/2014We tried the Wild Goat Bistro off the Open Table suggestions. It was well worth the visit. The restaurant is small and very cozy. Great for a drop in dinner for two, but don't expect a private quit dinner, this place was hopping. Not a lot of elbow room. The food was very good, great menu. I had the calamari, it was perfectly cooked. Salads were bright and well presented. Service was good for cramped quarters. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 3/20debraDined on 3/20/2014Food was good overall. The appetizers and salads were great. The service was outstanding. It is a small restaurant so make reservations.Special Features:
- This is our favorite casualScooterVIPDined on 3/18/2014This is our favorite casual restaurant / cafe in Petaluma. Great service, excellent food, quaint atmosphere....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FriendlyJohnDined on 3/10/2014We stumbled into this little gem of a local eatery our first night in Petaluma and have been back often since. The place is clean friendly and unassuming but serves top notch food. In particular the pizzas and salads are ecellent. If your are lucky they might still have a slice of carrot cake left. Grab it!Special Features:
- Great find in PetalumaChefKarlDined on 3/9/2014Wild Goat Bistro, a great little restaurant in downtown Petaluna. We had small plates and pizza, all were perfect to share. Got alot of flavors without leaving and feeling stuffedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch in Petaluma!mveatingoutDined on 3/9/2014Wanted to check out the open house scene in Petaluma yesterday so we planned to have lunch locally. Love the Wild Goat Bistro and as always it did NOT disappoint. Between us we had two salads a pizza (GF) and one slider (I got the slider and it was by far the best ever!) My friend working on GF said the pizza was good, but he wished he'd tried the regular crust versus the GF -- just loses something when you go GF. Had a wonderful Pinot Grigio recommended by staff. Highly recommend this place!!!Special Features:
- We're picky and we loved it!HakeRiosFamilyDined on 3/8/2014My husband is a chef and is super picky about restaurants. This hit "yes" for us on all fronts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Wild Goat. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2014Always enjoy Wild Goat. The food is great, the pizzas and salads, for small meals or to share and the dinner entrees are great as well. The food is always fresh. The wait staff is knowledgeable of the menu and they always come back to the table to see if everything is ok or anything is needed. Being in the "business", we appreciate all these things. We love the location,in town. It will continue to be one of our first choices when going out to eat! It's a small place, so it's good to make a reservation! Thank You Wild Goat!Special Features:
- Great as always! ConstantDesign2dineDined on 3/4/2014Great as always! Constant go to in Petaluma. Gluten free carrot cake a must have regardless of reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another memorable mealGforceDined on 3/2/2014Love the wealth of delicious gluten-free offerings. Tuna rustica sandwich is so healthy and satisfying (very little mayo, if any), nutty goat appetizer tasty, french onion soup mmm good. But the best was their GF fig and ginger cake. Wow! Definitely one of the top 5 cakes I've had in my life. Charming gem of a restaurant, absolutely adore it there. Nothinh pretentious, just casually comforting with incredible food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great for dinner, wasDesign2dineDined on 2/26/2014Always great for dinner, was first time for business lunch small plates were a great choice for time and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Spot in PetalumaHaleyWDined on 2/25/2014My husband and I moved to Petaluma about 6 months ago. While home hunting, we stopped into the Wild Goat Bistro and it has been our favorite spot in town ever since. We bring all our visitors there. We love the ambience of the tiny space, as well as the thoughtful and delicious food. I love getting a glass of wine, either the meatball appetizer or sandwich (their meatballs are awesome!), and the carrot cake for dessert. Their carrot cake is the best I've had. Their pizzas are yummy too. In fact, everything I've tried has been good. The combo of great ambience and food really keeps us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cramped QuartersSundayDinerDined on 2/23/2014Tasty meal. Needs more room or fewer tables. A challenge for motorized wheel-chair maneuvering.Special Features:
- VERY TASTYHollyDined on 2/22/2014My mother and I had a very tasty meal. Relatively small serving. I had the pan-seared small chicken breast with green beans and a very small scoop of quinoa. It was called "brick chicken," but it definitely wasn't a brick chicken. It was not flattened in the least. However, it was perfectly cooked and was very simple and tasty. The beans were excellent. My mother had the sole, which she said was very good. It's very cramped and not for the romantic dinner, but it is a neighboorhood find and the ingredients were fresh and perfectly cooked. The lemon cream slice of cake was delicious.Special Features:
- Delicious, cozy spotCmonsterDined on 2/21/2014I have Celiac so eating out can be challenging. Each time we eat here I have either the GF pasta or pizza. The food is always amazing and the staff is always attentive to my dietary needs. The last time we brought my parents and they also loved the food. It is just loud enough to seem busy but you can have a lovely conversation at normal volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petrale soleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014One of my favorite restaurants but this last experience was very disappointing. I took some friends from Orange County who were very excited about having a great dinner. All three of us ordered the Petrale sole and it was dry and tasteless. I was embarrassed. I've eaten there several times before and always had a good meal. I guess it was an off night. The pork shank on garbanzo beans is my favorite .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petaluma EateryPrincessJewelsDined on 2/16/2014Great salads and gourmet pizza. Enjoyed my calamari steak as well. Small place, but nice atmosphere. Service was a bit slow, but overall experience was good. Would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful taste combinations!DonnaVIPDined on 2/16/2014Three of us went on Sunday and had some great items. It is a rustic setting with wooden tables in a small cozy space. The perfect pair pizza was a hit, as was the special arugula spinach salad with brie. Even the tomato basil soup was just perfect. Enjoyed every bite. Service was a little off timing and when we dropped a fork (loudly) and needed plates removed from our table no one to be found. Still would return again without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot in Petalumapinkhockey75VIPDined on 2/9/2014We hit this restaurant late on a Sunday night. It was quiet! I've seen it packed during the lunch rush. It is a small, cozy restaurant... nice to share with only a few other diners. The food was great. The farmer's market salad was fresh, containing delicious sweet roasted beets. Loved the pizza too. We would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Rustic cuisine in a cozy corner...MarieDined on 1/31/2014What a find! The food was delicious: fresh ingredients expertly prepared and presented. The servers were attentive without being intrusive, and even though it was the lunch hour and the place is very small, we were not made to feel rushed. I would absolutely make a reservation, and allow enough time to park due to its downtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely little spot!jmathDined on 1/18/2014Stopped by this place with my boyfriend on our way up to Sonoma for the weekend. We loved it so much, we went again on our way home! They have great gluten free options (including bread, meatballs, and breadcrumbs) which opened up many of the food options for me. They have great 1/2 bottles of champagne, perfect for mimosas for two. Amazing service. Overall, wonderful experience. Can't wait to drive thru Petaluma again so I can go here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Bistro near Petaluma RiverTRHburgDined on 1/16/2014Sweet, French-styled bistro- inside and outside seating- though the tables are a wee bit close together. Turkey sandwich and Cobb salad delicious- good wine list. Staff friendly and informal.Special Features:
- Great findFoodloverVIPDined on 1/8/2014On the waiting list sor another popular Petaluma restaurant we ran into the Wild Goat Bistro. What a great find. Now it is a regular to meet a friend or grown kids for really tasty food. Try the lemon cake for desert lovely people also. Feels like a trip out of fast lane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but super awesome!BontadorDined on 1/4/2014Don't let the unassuming size fool you, this place rocks! Fantastic local ingredients nicely prepared. You'll instantly feel at home... Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for lunchcatlabDined on 1/4/2014very good sandwiches..nice selections of small pizzettas although you might want to opt for them at dinner vs. lunch. The one we had tasted ok but was a bit limp. Either the oven was not hot enough or it still needed to cook a bit more. For lunch I had the soup of the day( butternut squash..it was excellent) and the turkey sandwich, which came on a toasted baguette with a bit of pesto, brie, and some fig spread...It too was very good. They also have a small but interesting wine. Coffee was strong and fresh and was welcome after the meal. menu..Overall a good place to eat at but it is also a bit pricey. Friendly and efficient service.too.Special Features:
- Save room for desert!LyndaDined on 1/2/2014We had the seafood appetizer and pesto chicken salad which was awesome. We were trying to stay healthy when my partner suggested splitting a dessert. We were torn between the fig ginger cake and the lemon crime so we got them both! It was worth the calories and the exrTra trips around the track to work them off! I will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiny place, big ambience and menuchirpDined on 12/31/2013We love Wild Goat and hesitate to mention that as it is so tiny we would hate to wait at this favorite place. We decided to do an early dinner for NY Eve. I made the reservation that morning and we got in. When we arrived all the tables were filled…at 5:30 no less! Food was terrific, wine list wonderful and ambience is very European cafe-ish…love it! I have a myriad of food allergies and they always have several choices I can eat and enjoy. All their cakes are homemade Their GF ginger fig cake is to die for. I usually eat salads there but had the burger for the first time and it was easily the best burger I have ever eaten. Unless you are claustrophobic Wild Goat is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch spot in Petaluma?fairfaxDined on 12/31/2013I haven't tried hoards of places in Petaluma, so I can't really make that claim, but if it were only to get better than Wild Goat, then Petaluma might be a food Mecca. I was very pleasantly surprised at how darned good this place is. Didn't see it on Yelp, but found it on Google Maps. Great menu. Very creative and very tasty. Tried the gluten-free bread on a sandwich and it was probably the best gluten-free sandwich bread I've had. It wasn't too dense or doughy, and it wasn't too heavy or thick. Lightly toasted it was quite perfect. Everything else was great and there were quite a few things on the menu I'd be excited to go back and try. Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Place for My Wife and MeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/23/2013Each holiday season, before the family descends on our home, my wife and I set aside an evening for dinner at the Wild Goat Bistro. We don't delve deeply into the menu. This year, we each had a pizza. The evening is more about congratulating ourselves for having cards sent,. gifts wrapped, food prepared, etc. and to reconnect before the storm. Wild Goat is perfect for our purposes. We hope to have many more year holiday dinners there. Good food., good service, and a growing tradition. A fine holiday combination.Special Features:
- The Wild Goat Bistro is great!BrettaDined on 12/22/2013We highly recommend the Wild Goat Bistro to anyone on a gluten-free diet. They have excellent gluten-free pizza and cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious crowd pleaser 4 the pickyBonnieDined on 12/21/20134 of us celebrated the holidays with a fabulous lunch here! All of us are picky! The food was really excellent and managed to please two major foodies that eat mostly organic, one fickle pregnant lady and a "show me the burger" guy. Everyone was thrilled with their eats. The butternut squash soup was excellent. Thumbs up for the hamburger. Salad and pizza unique and delicious. German chocolate cake was yummy! Loved the selection. Wait staff was super friendly and very efficient! We will be back!Special Features: