Wild Ginger Thai Restaurant
2201 Savoy Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Wild Ginger Thai Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildginger-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7704513880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Menu Available Online at www.wildginger-restaurant.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Available in Advance Notice.
- Private Party Contact: Victor 7704513880
A word from Wild Ginger Thai Restaurant
Welcome to Wild Ginger Thai Cuisine & Sushi Bar where chefs prepare Thai dishes using only the fresh & best ingredients. By using everything Thai, & with the chefs who are master of their profession, the essentially simple & honest nature of Thai food is fully revealed. In terms of service, you will find only a nice smile & prompt delivery of orders here. Another factor that Wild Ginger always emphasizes is our restaurant's decoration & atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wild Ginger Thai Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Tasty secret off the main road.gomo2VIPDined on 9/29/2012Well kept secret that needs a full bar. Food plentiful and very tasty, coconut soup too sweet for my taste but my date loved it. Service was swift and professional.Special Features:
- We love Wild Ginger and itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2012We love Wild Ginger and it always comes up on our list when we are in the mood for Thai. The staff is always friendly and eager to please. The food is beyond wonderful.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/23/2012I can't say that the food was remarkable, but it was quite tasty and definitely hit the spot.
- We enjoyed the great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012We enjoyed the great food and service at Wild Ginger. Portions are generous. So conSpecial Features:
- This is an excellent, wellSusieDined on 4/23/2012This is an excellent, well price Thai restuarant which even offers a healthy selection. Staff is very friendlySpecial Features:
- We've been several times,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2012We've been several times, and the food is consistently excellent. i have a few food allergies, and noted that the type of wrapper for spring and related rolls was listed, which is necessary information most places don't think to include. The menu is diverse and interesting, the food delicious.
- A great find in the area.JulesATLDined on 1/20/2012A great find in the area. The staff is so incredibly nice and efficient. We had shrimp basil rolls (yum), Pad Thai (very good) and the scallops/shrimp entree in a chili sauce (yum). The service was good, the food was very good and the beer was cold, what more could you ask for?!Special Features:
- Love!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2012I've eating here for almost 4yrs. I'm never disappointed. I prefect for Thai/sushi lovers... :)Special Features:
- The food and service are consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/6/2012The food and service are consistently excellent in this family-operated restaurant. I love the Avocado Shrimp and opt for the brown rice to go with it.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful diningluvtoeatDined on 12/10/2011Always a wonderful dining experience. We like to try new dishes each time we go and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Food was very good and theatlfoodie84Dined on 12/10/2011Food was very good and the service was good as well. Unfortunately, had a very loud couple behind me who took away from my experience. That being said, I think it was a one-off occurrence and shouldn't deter anyone else from going.Special Features:
- Sushi was good, and we'reOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/2/2011Sushi was good, and we're anxious to try the Thai menu next time.
- This restaurant is OK. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/1/2011This restaurant is OK. Nothing special. Food was good but not special. Service was friendly while not being overly memorable. Overall I think that I will eat there again. I really have nothing bad to say. Just wasn't that impressed. Indifferent is probably the word to express my feelings about this restaurant.
- the food was tasty but theRosanneDined on 10/8/2011the food was tasty but the coconut soup was very sweetSpecial Features:
- Great Food, Crummy AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2011While the food was very tasty and service prompt and efficient, Wild Ginger is in a building that probably was previously a fast food joint -- and it still looks it. It's unfortunate, as the atmosphere really degrates the experience. However, if you want good food that's not expensive, this could be a good find.Special Features:
- Loved this place! A littleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2011Loved this place! A little nervous upon arrival because it was very small and almost empty (that changed quickly). The Wild Ginger soft shell crab was fabulous! We enjoyed our dinner and the staff is friendly and efficient. Will be going back soon!Special Features:
- Found the restaurant ratherBubbie1VIPDined on 9/17/2011Found the restaurant rather dark. It was hard to read the menu. Lucky, I had a small flashlight, and that helped. Food and service very good. We'd broughtnour granddauhter for her birthday, and I had notified them, but there was no dessert or anything special.
- For a low-end restaurant,OKICU812VIPDined on 8/17/2011For a low-end restaurant, it was very nice, the food was good and the staff all had smiles. Not a bad place!
- Modest setting, but good foodJamesVIPDined on 6/17/2011Modest setting, but good food and family ownership among the staff. Seafood soup was the best dish.
- This was my first time atPltnmDined on 3/8/2011This was my first time at this restaurant but I was pleased none the least. I was not impressed by the neighborhood, but you can never judge a book by it's cover. Once inside the place was beautiful, I loved that the servers and hostess were attentive and answered all of my questions even made recommendations. A very good place to go when you're looking for authentic Thai cuisine.Special Features:
- Great sushi. We had fun andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2011Great sushi. We had fun and were able to talk and catch up as the server was there when we needed but not pushy.
- It's exactly what it should beOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/20/2011I gave this 5 stars not because it's a 5 star restaurant but because it is exactly what it claims to be. Fresh, well prepared Thai food and sushi with excellent service. We had the chicken satay, shrimp rice paper roll, beef dumplings, edamame and wonton soup. The server was very efficient if a bit slow but very accomodating. He made sure we all had fresh plates after out appetizers and took the time and effor to split a family size soup among the four of us. We had the Pad See Ew (my personal favorite), mango shrimp, chicken fried rice and beef prik king all of which were great. Wine prices are also very reasonable by the bottle.
- Had a wonderful meal withluvtoeatDined on 10/23/2010Had a wonderful meal with excellent service. The rice chips are a nice touch and the wine selection was good. The avocado shrimp curry w/brown rice was superb.Special Features:
- This was the first time IOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2010This was the first time I dined at Wild Ginger for lunch (met a friend there). Excellent, as always. The food is simply outstanding and the service is great. I was especially pleased that my friend and I had ample time to catch up with one another without feeling rushed.Special Features:
- My husband and I love to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/6/2010My husband and I love to eat at Wild Ginger. The food is consistently outstanding, and the service is always excellent. I highly recommend the Avocado Shrimp in Curry-Coconut sauce (I order it with brown rice). Wonderful! My husband says it's the only Thai restaurant he truly likes in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Great food and service. VariedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2010Great food and service. Varied menu. Will be back to try more.Special Features:
- We celebrated our childrenDNICEDined on 5/21/2010We celebrated our children graduation and it was great. We had about 18 people in our party and the service was fantastic. The food was great and the Manager made sure everything was up to par. We would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Every member of our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2010Every member of our party was totally satisfied with the meal. The food was delicious, the service attentive, and the prices reasonable.Special Features:
- The food and service are outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/15/2010The food and service are outstanding. Best Thai food we've found in the Atlanta area!Special Features:
- We recently visited Chicago,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/13/2010We recently visited Chicago, were taken to an amazing Thai restaurant there, and fervently wished that we had one like it in Atlanta. NOW WE HAVE! The food is outstanding, and I especially liked the Avocado Shrimp in a curry-coconut milk sauce. What a wonderful flavor that joyfully stayed with me a while. I like that I can get brown rice for only $1.00 more. It's much healthier than white rice and tastes so much better. My husband enjoyed the Won Ton soup; different and better than what is served in a Chinese establishment. I think next time I will try the coconut-based soup. Service was excellent--friendly, welcoming, quick to anticipate our needs--but not overdone. I am so thankful to have a special restaurant like this not far from home!Special Features:
- Great for our FRI family nightislandredneckVIPDined on 3/5/2010Great for our FRI family night out, above average food, quiet comfortable setting, and reasonable prices. We get a variety of dishes and share, the pad kee mao and basil leaf with chicken are two of our favorites. The shrimp crackers are great too.Special Features: