Wild Ginger Seattle
1401 3rd Ave
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Wild Ginger Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildginger.net/
- Phone: 2066234450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM, Saturday: 4:30PM - 11:00PM, Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jacky Lo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rise beyond the conventional with catering from Wild Ginger. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or a reception for hundreds, we can help create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
A word from Wild Ginger Seattle
The food at Wild Ginger spans the Pacific Rim from China to Indonesia. We pride ourselves on offering traditional dishes from these distinctive regions and insist on house-made ingredients. Chefs make spicy chili sambals, fresh coconut milk, delicate egg noodles, and our pungent oyster sauce all from scratch. To achieve the sublime flavors of the East, there is no substitute for the time-honored customs of these rich and ancient cultures.Continued
*reservations for parties of 7 or more, please give us a call at 206-623-4450.
*reservations for parties of 7 or more, please give us a call at 206-623-4450.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wild Ginger Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Wild Ginger Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
434 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (242)special occasion (195)good for groups (170)great for lunch (97)notable wine list (97)hot spot (86)neighborhood gem (83)romantic (77)vibrant bar scene (40)kid-friendly (32)late-night find (31)great for brunch (13)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Appreciate the lower noise levelDeb49RoyVIPDined on 8/27/2014I really appreciate the fact that you do not play loud music on top of only reasonably loud conversations. Going to restaurants these days can be really miserable if you are older, hard of hearing, or just want to have a conversation. Thanks for bucking the trend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SteadycrskDined on 8/27/2014Wild Ginger is a long time staple of Seattle dinning,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably yummy!DianeDined on 8/27/2014I have eaten at Wild Ginger dozens of times and the food and service always great. No exception this time -- great food and lots of variety.Special Features:
- Large Portions!LauraLVIPDined on 8/26/2014I visited Wild Ginger because I love the influence of Vietnamese spices and cooking. I ordered four of the satays, thinking they were small, appetizer sized "small plates". They were huge! Considering I had also ordered the sea bass lettuce wraps (which was really, really good...) it was more food than I really needed. Really enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Based on reviews and personal recommendations I had expected more authentic dishes. My green papaya salad bland and my companions pad Thai a little soggy. The service was however attentive and courteous. Good for an informal lunch but overrated.Special Features:
- thankfully not seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014chose this place as we had seafood the rest of our trip. Nice place. Good asian food. Potstickers were very good and so was the flank steak. Good for a change and inexpensive which is a real plus in downtown Seattle.
- sashaDined on 8/25/2014we have been coming to Wild Ginger for decades and the food is consistently superb and exciting. always a great place to take foodies from out of town!Special Features:
- creative and spicyheclexVIPDined on 8/21/2014no matter what course we ordered it was just fun for the pallate; we had green papaya salad, satays, beef, lamb, fish (sea bass), soft shell crab, desserts (chocolade cake, ice cream)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian FlavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I was in Seattle for the first time and went to Wild Ginger. The food was delicious! Everything was high quality and had great flavor. The service was also great -- quick and made good suggestions about the menu. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Child kept screaming- disruptive, wish people would take their kids outside when screaming
- Great foodCarolbVIPDined on 8/18/2014I always enjoy going to Wild Ginger, but it seems to have increased in price all of a sudden.....either that or I just noticed.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014I've been eating here for 20 years. They've got this down pat. Food and service always great.Special Features:
- Great foodzachDined on 8/17/2014Everything that we had was amazing from the pad thai, the satay, seven flavor beef and the green beans. The service was great and our server gave us great wine suggestions. Next time I am in the Seattle area, I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Excellent Pan AsianRichDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend when we went to Seattle on vacation recently. Food was consistently excellent and atmosphere very nice. Server was a bit stiff with some pretentious explanations of food choices but this did not detract from a really nice meal.Special Features:
- ExcellentJMS1Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, wine and service. Waiter made great recommendations for paring glasses of wine with the various dishes and was very helpful in terms of timing food orders to allow a good sequence of small plates. I recommend highly. I have also recommended it to friends, all of whom enjoyed Wild Ginger very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love This Place!!RichCVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great food...great service...lively atmosphere...yummy vegan menu! What's not to love! Well done as always!Special Features:
- Wild GingerDebandErinDined on 8/16/2014Always outstanding, always a pleasure, exquisite wine list. Don't miss this place, well worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the bestFoodiecabbieDined on 8/15/2014Love everything about this place! Great for your vegetarian friends too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014The food and service are incredible. Its only part of the reason Wild Ginger is my favorite restaurant in Seattle. The menu is creative and full of spice and flavor. There is a favorite dish of mine that was taken off the menu, however, upon request they will still make it. The management team are responsive, attentive and caring. That's what makes this restaurant standout and why they have continued to do incredible business for over 20 years.Special Features:
- Sauce Overload!Coast2coastDined on 8/14/2014The only thing we enjoyed were the apps! All of the entrees had the same sauce. Noodles, shrimp, green beans -all had the same sauce. Sauce overload!
- YummyUpinflamesDined on 8/14/2014First time as this restaurant and I must say it was great. Service was excellent and the food was even better. We will definitely come here again next time we visit Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!DeweycatDined on 8/14/2014We had green curry sea bass, chili green beans, black pepper scallops, all of which were cooked to perfection. The heirloom salad was fabulous and the wine list impressive. Finishing with coconut gelato (him) and blackberry and vanilla sorbetto (me) was divine. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best.Zinman58Dined on 8/14/2014No matter how busy or what time of day or night, Wild Ginger delivers incredible food and fantastic service. Best wine list in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationLkm27VIPDined on 8/14/2014It is great location in downtown. But food has too much salty. When u order your food ask for less salt or soysauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Asian Fusion in SeattledemazurekDined on 8/13/2014I visited Wild Ginger for the first time in 2005. I was introduced to the term "Asian Fusion" at that time. For me, that nom de plume will always mean Wild Ginger. Unique curries, great apps and a fantastic coconut gelato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeffDined on 8/12/2014service not as sharp as usual with wrong item brought to table, less attentive and late bringing check. Food remains excellantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeatedly goodfunflyerDined on 8/11/2014One of my favorite Seattle restaurants. Always good, always interesting food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOliverTerrierDined on 8/10/2014Just the two of us so not too many dishes to report on. The duck was terrific and the Hanoi Tuna was super terrific. Service was foirst rate . Noise levels moderate but no problem hearing as the high wooden booths are good sound insulators. They were having a special on Reislings so we each had a glass of the Leitz. Very good. My wife is gluten intolerant and the server was very knowledgeable about dishes that were oaky for her -- and those to stay away from. all in all a very good experience and we would most definitely return.Special Features:
- Thank You!LovedItDined on 8/10/2014We had a fabulous night! The food was phenomenal, and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive Thai foodGreenQueenDined on 8/10/2014I've eaten Thai food in many different cities, so I think I can fairly review this restaurant. The ambiance is definitely far above most Thai restaurants, as most are casual settings. Wild Ginger has taken the food and placed it in more luxurious digs. But those luxurious digs come at a price. For dinner we ordered 4 dishes for 4 people, a bowl of rice, and 2 glasses of wine. No desserts, no appeitzers. The bill was about $100. The ingredients were superior, but even the Thai people would cringe at the price!!Special Features:
- Sunday dinnerJfl03985Dined on 8/10/2014We have always enjoyed our time at Wild Ginger, but having never been there on a Sunday we were very surprised about no valet parking. My husband had a knee replacement and we chose to come there because of the easy walk for him at this juncture of recovery. Much to our surprise there was no valet. Also, we were sad the Thai noodles weren't on the menu, however, totally understand why they weren't.Special Features:
- Friendly Friendie DinnerSMKPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed a great dinner with a close friend visiting from out of town. Early on I'd let the waiter know I don't get a chance to go out sans kids often, and that I had a friend visiting, so we wanted to enjoy our time. I'd been to WG before so knew the experience and awesome food. Our server did a great job of allowing us time between apps and meal. I did not feel rushed at all. Server suggested perfect number of dishes to order. While we loved every dish we ordered, we both wondered if we should have ordered one more dish since the ones we had were so good (we would have eaten too much, though). I love this place.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner!FrankieDined on 8/8/2014What a meal! We had cocktails: a Pomatini and a Bittersweet martini. Delicious! The chicken sate was good but the young mountain lamb was outstanding. Seven flavour beef and Kung Pao chicken followed. Our waiter suggested a green bean dish - another hit! A glass of the Prum Kabinett Riesling was perfect. It was a special occasion and a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at Wild GingerGts206Dined on 8/8/2014My father and his friend were in town to celebrate their joint birthdays. Neither had ever been to Wild Ginger, one of our favorite places. Our waitress was great about explaining the menu, recommending items and even told us that we had ordered too much food and suggested we get smaller orders of two of the entrees since we were doing it family style. We had a great meal, then at the end of dinner she brought out ice cream and flourless chocolate cake because she had noticed they were opening gifts. Top notch as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary at Wild Ginger. We had a great meal with a super nice and attentive server who really cared that it was a special evening for us. This restaurant made a special night spectacular.Special Features:
- A must tastetravel4foodDined on 8/7/2014This is a wonderful restaurant and the staff is very attentive. Food is available in 2 portions 5 or 8oz sizes. Great for ADULT family style dinning. 2 apps, 4 entrees, and 2 sides and the 3 of us walked out feeling comfortably full. Price is $$$ but we thought it was worth it.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceJellyBeanDined on 8/7/2014We reserved online, with a request for seating without a long walk, due to one diner's disability. That was fully respected. The host staff was pleasant and efficient. The FOOD ... we ordered two noodle dishes and the seven flavor beef ... The dishes were a good size; plenty for the three of us, with plenty of left-overs. The beef dish was very good, I understand all the recommendations. The two noodle dishes were very tasty, but we found the pad thai to be on the dry side. The highlight of this visit was the WAITER. Rats, I did not note his name, but he was EXCELLENT. He was warm, informative, attentive, but never intrusive. He really knew his menu and did his job well.Special Features:
- Visitornew2seattleDined on 8/7/2014Had an enjoyable dinner. There were 6 of us. In order to get a rounded taste for the various dishes, it is good to have a least 4 people (1 or 2 people can not get a proper sampling). We had 2 half portions and 5 full portions. This allowed us to get a rounded taste for what they had to offer. The Duck was excellent as was the Chow Foon Noodle dish and the 5 flavored Beef dish. The shrimp dish was tasty, but light. The only dish we did not like was the Salmon dish. We were surprised as the Salmon has been outstanding in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatfoodloverVIPDined on 8/5/2014The atmosphere is energetic and there was a good crowd. The food was good but for the price it should have been great!
- Seattle/Vancouver foodie excursion4aztxcriticsDined on 8/4/2014Exceeded all expectations....and more!! Food quality and freshness were outstanding. Great menu for sharing. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.