Wild Ginger Seattle
1401 3rd Ave
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Wild Ginger Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildginger.net/
- Phone: 2066234450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM, Saturday: 4:30PM - 11:00PM, Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jacky Lo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rise beyond the conventional with catering from Wild Ginger. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or a reception for hundreds, we can help create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
A word from Wild Ginger Seattle
The food at Wild Ginger spans the Pacific Rim from China to Indonesia. We pride ourselves on offering traditional dishes from these distinctive regions and insist on house-made ingredients. Chefs make spicy chili sambals, fresh coconut milk, delicate egg noodles, and our pungent oyster sauce all from scratch. To achieve the sublime flavors of the East, there is no substitute for the time-honored customs of these rich and ancient cultures.Continued
*reservations for parties of 7 or more, please give us a call at 206-623-4450.
*reservations for parties of 7 or more, please give us a call at 206-623-4450.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wild Ginger Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Wild Ginger Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
473 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (306)good for groups (223)special occasion (215)notable wine list (138)hot spot (105)great for lunch (101)neighborhood gem (99)romantic (83)vibrant bar scene (47)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (27)great for brunch (12)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A little disappointing...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014I dined with two others, so we ordered 3 dishes and shared. I ordered the Green Curry Chicken, which was very disappointing. The sauce was more of a cream sauce, with little curry flavor and was not at all spicy. Another diner ordered the Mandarin Chicken, which was pretty good. Also pretty good was a seafood dish with wide noodles (can't remember the name). For appetizers we had spring rolls and a curried salmon. The spring rolls were OK, the salmon was good. So overall, the experience was just "OK", which seems a little disappointing, given the cost of meals at this restaurant. Ambiance is great.Special Features:
- Service and food lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Waiter forgot our brown rice and glass of wine. Never came back to ask how the food was. Curried beef had hardly any sauce and duck was dry. Will not be going back.
- Always a fantastic meal!kariDined on 10/25/2014Food was delicious as always. Service was excellent. It's a great place for a special occasion or just because.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early dinnerTheBaconistaVIPDined on 10/25/2014went in for a quick dinner prior to heading back eastside and the food was delicious, the service okay (waiter seemed new, not bad) and enjoyable overall.Special Features:
- good for a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Our party of six were all happy to be dining at your establishment. Even the 7 year old and the 15 year old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent.JewelsVIPDined on 10/25/2014Cuisine, ambiance, service always great. Attentive staff some of whom have been there 20 plus years. Wonderful food: pan- Asian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian FoodFinefoodDined on 10/24/2014Whenever we visit Seattle, we like to dine out at Wild Ginger. The food is always superb and the service is very polite and prompt.Special Features:
- MusicafoodieDined on 10/24/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. Our server was very helpful and gave us great recommendations on what to order to give us a variety of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must DoMyreviewsDined on 10/23/2014Was in town for fun, Wild Ginger was recommended. Glad we went, great food and atmosphere. A local hot spot. Serves family style so you can pick and share items if in a group. When back in Seattle, would visit again.Special Features:
- A Great Dining Experience!ShelleyEmDined on 10/22/2014I've never had a bad experience at The Wild Ginger. The food is fabulous, the wait staff is friendly and attentive, the pricing is reasonable ... everything you look for in a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jandmDined on 10/22/2014The food was great as always. Service was helpful and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Kimchee fried riceSeattleScientistDined on 10/21/2014I visited Wild Ginger for lunch as part of the Restaurant Week promotion. Interestingly they stick with a 2 course menu for this, an appetizer and a main. No dessert, sadly. However, for $15 it's hard to complain. The kimchee fried rice was excellent, very tender beef, nice spicy flavor without overwhelming notes of vinegar or peppers. Made a great downtown lunch.Special Features:
- Tempting pan-Asian menu choicesPilatesaddictVIPDined on 10/20/2014Nice range of tempting pan-Asian menu choices, but atmosphere lacked warmth, partly because of vast amount of floor space the restaurant occupies. Food was very good, well-presented and service moderately prompt. Though centrally located, sadly the neighborhood is full of homeless people which contributes to a depressing start and finish to your evening, and the low light inside the restaurant makes that mood a little hard to shake.I would recommend this to a friend.
- retiredgingerDined on 10/18/2014excellent food, solicitous service. Tables by the window provide amole opportunity for people watching. It got a little noisy as the evening progressed but not overwhelmingly so.Special Features:
- Wonderful spot for lunchmo1981Dined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed a delicious lunch at a comfortable table. The waitstaff made helpful recommendations about our menu choices and suggested drinks to complement our meal. We enjoyed a Thai chicken and a lamb satay. The pickle is delicous! For our entrees we had the duck, 7 flavor beef (perfectly flavored) and the spicy green beans. It's not inexpensive but it's worth it. Nice place for out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningRestaurantfansDined on 10/17/2014As out-of-towners, this was our first time at Wild Ginger - and we are already looking forward to coming back. Wonderfully unique food, terrific service, great ambiance. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- large and loudcantgetenoughDined on 10/17/2014I Wish the restaurant would have been more intimate.Special Features:
- Great Asian Spot!JustSayingDined on 10/17/2014This is the best Asian food we have ever experienced! Wish it was in san Francisco!Special Features:
- Seattle not as happy as BellevueThatguyoverthereDined on 10/17/2014I love the food and will most likely return again another time, but I was a little disappointed that unlike the Bellevue location, the Seattle location does not feature a happy hour or any specials for early dinning. My wife and I dropped in last Friday around 4 PM to find no happy hour, and with the only seating option being the bar, it was a little irritating to pay full price for our food with less then stellar service and a bar setting. The food itself was fabulous which is why we will most likely return, but not early!Special Features:
- Happy Diner!JeanPDined on 10/17/2014An incrediblly delightful and delicious dining experience. The staff is very welcoming, professional, prompt and accommodating! The food is incredibly delicious. Looking forward to another impeccable dining experience at one of my top favorite venues in Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentBobbDined on 10/16/2014Last night was my second visit to this restaurant. I was impressed and pleased the first time and equally so the 2nd time. The menu is very interesting and the food delicious. Can't comment on the wine selection as I chose not to order Wine having had a martini in their lounge while waiting for my table (I was early). Our waitress did little to impress us but I didn't care about her. My guest and I were there for the food. It was very busy for a Thursday night but I suspect this restaurant is always busy. I must try it for lunch sometime in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild GingerdazzleDined on 10/16/2014The food was fabulous here but the service was not. We occupied our table for just a little over an hour and ordered drinks and multiple entrees. Even so our server rushed us out in an obvious attempt to turn the table quickly, bringing the check without offering desserts or after-dinner beverages. Much more of a chain-restaurant attitude than one of fine dining. Even so, the food was wonderful. We will try it again and hope for more professional service in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out during our stayverbalmuggingVIPDined on 10/15/2014An absolutely great night out while we were staying in Seattle. The ability to select smaller portions to try different things was great. The Laksa was some of the best seafood soup I've ever had. The 7 flavor beef was complex and wonderful. Excellent potstickers and the pork satay was perfect. The best dish of the night was the pepper scallops. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally worth it.nyfan1Dined on 10/15/2014I tend to be suspicious of fusion restaurants, but this one is great. It's located right in downtown Seattle, so it's an easy walk from the large hotels. The restaurant itself is huge and beautiful. The salmon satay is excellent, as were the entrée dishes with an emphasis on seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Great place - unique wonderful food - great service - relaxing while high class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NW GuyNWGuyDined on 10/15/2014This is a wonderful place for either lunch or dinner. It is uniquely Seattle, not a chain of blandness. The menu is Asian/Pacific NW, with all sorts of big plates, small plates, appetizers and mains. You can't go wrong with the Wild Ginger!Special Features:
- Favorite place to eat in SeattleAlkiGirlDined on 10/14/2014I always enjoyed eating at Wild Ginger when I lived in Seattle. Came back during our recent visit and was delighted to see that the food remains delicious and full of wonderful flavor. Would highly recommend this restaurant over many of the waterfront tourist hangouts for anyone looking for a great meal while in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DineOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/14/2014Went for a birthday party - was nice, food was good, service good. Drinks were strong and appreciated. They even brought a slice of cake w/candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent work night dinner!Alki2010Dined on 10/14/2014Guests in from Alaska and they had not been to Wild Ginger before. They loved it and we had a wonderful time together.Special Features:
- StevieVVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great food, excellent service, outstanding restaurant in the heart of Seattle! Go for a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKevinVIPDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed great service from Ryan M. Continues to be one of the best in Seattle.Special Features:
- Best meal I have had in some time.SteakyDined on 10/10/2014Make sure you use your Open Table App to make a reservation. This place is busy and once we got our food I could see why. We started with the lettuce wraps which were amazing. The other couple we were dining with aren't seafood fans but definitely had their share as the Sea Bass was not fishy and had excellent flavor. Our mains were the scallops, green curry, 7 flavor beef. All excellent and again our non seafood eating dining partners had half of the scallops 😔 as they were way to good to pass up. The service was great and I would highly recommend this restaurant to all of my foodie friends. Thanks Ginger!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I rememberedDeliciousoDined on 10/10/2014I hadn't been to Wild Ginger in a long time (last time I visited they were in their old location). It was good food, but wasn't amazing or anything. I thought it was reasonably priced for a downtown higher end restaurant. Server was attentive for the most part, but the table felt like it was out in the middle of the room and there was a lot of waiter activity around it, so it wasn't the quiet spot we were hoping for on our anniversary. I remember the food being spectacular - this time, I would say it was very good, but not extremely memorable. The initial greeting wasn't very welcoming, even though we had reservations - sort of like we were putting them out, but our waiter was good.Special Features:
- Not up to it's usual bestSymphonyboundDined on 10/10/2014I love Wild Ginger but was disappointed in our recent dining experience. Due to being short handed, our food was not hot when it arrived and our server gave us the most basic service. Drinks were only refilled if we asked, a dessert menu was not offered and our check was only delivered after we stopped her and asked for it.
- Consistantly good- business lunchHealthyAppetiteDined on 10/10/2014Excellent server made for another pleasant experienceSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServiceGeorgeDined on 10/9/2014I don't travel to Seattle often but Wild Ginger is definitely on my list of go to place while in town. The food is excellent and presented very well. The service is also exceptional. Very attentive without being intrusive. The wine list is second to none.Special Features:
- loved the lettuce wrap appetizerjaneymat7VIPDined on 10/8/2014have the sea bass lettuce wrap appetizer you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulcadrattDined on 10/8/2014We had great service, and the food is phenomenal! Looking forward to the next time I can go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsbibabeDined on 10/7/2014I cannot count the number of times I've had a lunch or dinner at Wild Ginger. Every single time the food was delicious, service wonderful, and the lemon drops are to die for! I'll be back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014proximity to Benaryoya Hall and waiter's attention to timing of show was very much appreciated. And best- we did not feel rushed!!!Special Features: