Wild Ginger Seattle
1401 3rd Ave
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Wild Ginger Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildginger.net/
- Phone: (206) 623-4450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM, Saturday: 4:30PM - 11:00PM, Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jacky Lo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rise beyond the conventional with catering from Wild Ginger. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or a reception for hundreds, we can help create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
A word from Wild Ginger Seattle
The food at Wild Ginger spans the Pacific Rim from China to Indonesia. We pride ourselves on offering traditional dishes from these distinctive regions and insist on house-made ingredients. Chefs make spicy chili sambals, fresh coconut milk, delicate egg noodles, and our pungent oyster sauce all from scratch. To achieve the sublime flavors of the East, there is no substitute for the time-honored customs of these rich and ancient cultures.Continued
*reservations for parties of 7 or more, please give us a call at 206-623-4450.
*reservations for parties of 7 or more, please give us a call at 206-623-4450.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wild Ginger Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Wild Ginger Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
450 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (290)good for groups (219)special occasion (202)notable wine list (130)hot spot (101)great for lunch (94)neighborhood gem (86)romantic (82)vibrant bar scene (47)late-night find (30)kid-friendly (26)great for brunch (10)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Disappointed, Sad and Done with Wild GingerRichCVIPDined on 11/22/2014My wife and I have been going to Wild Ginger in Seattle for many years. Unfortunately, after the past couple of visits, we have decided we are done with them. While the wait staff are great, the food and kitchen service no longer represent the excellence we seek and expect. Specifically and consistent for our last 3 visits, the food was lukewarm, undercooked and lacked excitement (e.g., under seasoned). Wild Ginger used to be one of our favorites and it is a shame to see a place head in the wrong direction.
- A little loudLorrieVIPDined on 11/21/2014I normally go to Wild Ginger for lunch which is really good, the dinner atmosphere is very different. It was really loud and the service was just okay. The waitress was busy and forgot to bring us water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to meet with friends in Seattle!KMooseDined on 11/21/2014We joined up with friends in Seattle and selected Wild Ginger as the place we would all love to dine. I am usually a meat and potatoes type of guy, but was ready to try anything a few nights back. The group of us bought and shared a large variety of special plates, from Wild Ginger's specialty duck to the Pad Thai. The dinner and service was wonderful and made the evening a special memory for some old friends!!!! We will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Wild GingerjanieDined on 11/20/2014We had a wonderful experience as always. We arrived 30 minutes late due to traffic and were on a tight timeline. Our waiter was amazing and accommodating in helping to get us to Benaroya on time. He also had excellent recommendations. Once we ordered, it felt like our food came ~ amazing and thank you for taking such good care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good wine, what else do you need?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/18/2014I spent a week in Seattle and went to this place twice. Both times with a large group of people (12+). They where very professional with our large groups, they came up with a suggested menu that nobody was complaining about. Everybody could focus on their conversation and great food just arrived along with very good wine. All in all just a very pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, solid food.GFVgirlDined on 11/17/2014Overall good, consistent food. It could use a tad more flavor at times, but generally good. Service was a bit slow, but our server was friendly and apologetic for being slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing - bland food and poor servicemsouterDined on 11/15/2014Been here many times - weekdays, weekends; as a couple, in groups - I've even rented the upstairs private rooms and entertained a big group for dinner. Its always been good, and quite often great. The service was always responsive, and the food was good enough consistently that I'd use this as a location for out of town work guests. Last Saturday at 6.30pm changed all that - on greeting, despite a reservation made months ago and visibly empty tables, we still had to wait around. I had to ask to coat check. And we waited twenty minutes after seating before getting any service. She was friendly enough, but no amount of breezy chat makes up for inattention. When she appeared - no apologies - just two glasses of water - and I had to deliberately ask to order drinks and food then , otherwise she would have been off.. Food and drinks then appeared in bit s and oieces. My wife ordered a cocktail, and I wanted a glass of wine. Her drink arrived 10 minutes later - mine after 20 minutes. She ordered a glass of wine when the entree arrived - it arrived just before we finished. Had we not been going to the symphony next door on a saturday night, we'd have been out of there. We had starter and entrees only - no time for coffee or dessert, in 75 minutes. The food - so-so. Boar satay - pleasant enough, if chewy, while my wife had a pumpkin and squash soup - heavy on chunks of veg, not much liquid, and bland. Her entree was a vegetarian dish that was surprisingly like the soup - with the addition of some tofu. Again - bland, and unexciting. My green curry chicken ( a favorite) was a small portion with none of the usual piquancy and flavor I remembered - but again , simply bland... All in all - they used to be consistent and good , in a great location, but have let standards slip , now simply relying on that key central positioning downtown close to the symphony. There are other better restaurants nearby now though, and I will not be back for a while....
- Yummy, great timing before the Symphony.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/15/2014Delicious authentic food. Perfect before the symphony. The staff did an excellent job managing time constraints and food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambiance and foodBreezyDined on 11/13/2014Just a great place that lived up to the hype The service was impeccable and both servers on the team were very knowledgeable. Highly recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousAnnSDined on 11/13/2014Great food and impeccable service make this one of my favorite restaurants. Best of all, it's just down the block from Benaroya Hall and Seattle Art Museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asia fusion with styleMKayDined on 11/12/2014Speaking as someone who lived in East Asia for a couple of decades, I appreciate what Wild Ginger has to offer -- impeccable service, a relaxed and romantic ambiance, and food that -- while not exactly what you'd get at a local joint in Bangkok or Beijing, is creatively prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not disappointed!ToygimDined on 11/8/2014Dined in a group of 5 in the evening and we all enjoyed ourselves (but that just could've been the company!). We stayed for quite a while and were never rushed or made to feel pressed. Meals are served family-style, meaning dishes are meant to be shared. We had a couple of starters and 5 main dishes plus the rice. Definitely enough for all to eat. All the dishes were more than satisfactory. Our server, Amber, was fantastic. Very friendly and helpful and also was part of our enjoyment of the evening. I'd definitely recommend Wild Ginger to friends and visitors alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceGermanixDined on 11/8/2014Dinner at Wild Ginger is a "must do" list item every time we visit Seattle and never we were disappointed. This time it was no exception. We enjoyed the meals, drinks and especially the outstanding service.Special Features:
- Another Excellent Meal!!!pickyeaterVIPDined on 11/8/2014We have been eating at Wild Ginger since they were on Western and are amazed how they maintain the quality in a much larger space. We were having dinner before the symphony, which could be a recipe for disaster, but the service, food and wine were outstanding. Not one bit of quality is sacrificed because the restaurant was brimming with patrons all looking to be out at the same time. And the wine list.... it is a wonderful deep compilation of wonderful wines. What a treat.Special Features:
- Always a favoriteKevinVIPDined on 11/7/2014We received great service from Ashley and the wine staff.
- Comeback!!Lainey53Dined on 11/6/2014Had not been there for awhile as food and service was heading downhill!! Pleasantly surprised at fabulous service, abundant food, great prices!!Special Features:
- Good but not great.SuzieDined on 11/1/2014My friend had the MONGOLIN NOODLES and did not like it much. She said there was lots of fat. There was some confusion about the reservation when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ever timemtalDined on 11/1/2014I have never had a bad experience here the food and service are always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The waitress was disinterested. The "Princess Prawns" we thought we were ordering turned out to be tiny baby shrimp mixed in a mound of white rice. This dining experience was nothing like what I remember having at this restaurant some years ago. I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Luscious menuOttonbrownDined on 10/30/2014There wasn't a single menu item I didn't want to order. Worth repeat visits to try it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- accommodatingTheIslanderDined on 10/30/2014We arrived an hour after our reservation due to horrible traffic. They not only still seated us but gave us such prompt service that we had a great meal and still were in our seats before the concert across the street began.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too DisappointingCryoFXVIPDined on 10/29/2014Based on reviews and local comments we expected far more than what this place has to offer. The primary reason for the third star instead of two is that they do have a sommelier and his suggestion for us was spot on! One other high note before moving on. Our main course, a fish dish, was quite tasty and was cooked perfect. Now to the not so great parts. We started with two different satay's (boar and tofu). These were terribly cooked and lacked flavor. The satay was so bad that we could not get past the first bite. All through dinner we also struggled with the poor service. I would not specifically complain about the person because he was likely not trained well. We do not recommend this restaurant, at least the one in Seattle.Special Features:
- wonderful food, servicetravelnutDined on 10/29/2014I was visiting seattle for just one night and I had been to wild ginger many years ago and loved it. My friend and I had the most delicious dinner and the best service ever. Our waitress was exceptional. I'm sorry I don't remember her name, but she has a sister in Portland. I have a shellfish allergy and she steered me in the right direction. We had excellent, reasonably priced wine, and an absolutely lovely dinner. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointing...PAfoodieDined on 10/27/2014I dined with two others, so we ordered 3 dishes and shared. I ordered the Green Curry Chicken, which was very disappointing. The sauce was more of a cream sauce, with little curry flavor and was not at all spicy. Another diner ordered the Mandarin Chicken, which was pretty good. Also pretty good was a seafood dish with wide noodles (can't remember the name). For appetizers we had spring rolls and a curried salmon. The spring rolls were OK, the salmon was good. So overall, the experience was just "OK", which seems a little disappointing, given the cost of meals at this restaurant. Ambiance is great.Special Features:
- Service and food lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Waiter forgot our brown rice and glass of wine. Never came back to ask how the food was. Curried beef had hardly any sauce and duck was dry. Will not be going back.
- Always a fantastic meal!kariDined on 10/25/2014Food was delicious as always. Service was excellent. It's a great place for a special occasion or just because.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early dinnerTheBaconistaVIPDined on 10/25/2014went in for a quick dinner prior to heading back eastside and the food was delicious, the service okay (waiter seemed new, not bad) and enjoyable overall.Special Features:
- good for a familyjgbismynicknameDined on 10/25/2014Our party of six were all happy to be dining at your establishment. Even the 7 year old and the 15 year old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent.JewelsVIPDined on 10/25/2014Cuisine, ambiance, service always great. Attentive staff some of whom have been there 20 plus years. Wonderful food: pan- Asian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian FoodFinefoodDined on 10/24/2014Whenever we visit Seattle, we like to dine out at Wild Ginger. The food is always superb and the service is very polite and prompt.Special Features:
- MusicafoodieDined on 10/24/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. Our server was very helpful and gave us great recommendations on what to order to give us a variety of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must DoMyreviewsDined on 10/23/2014Was in town for fun, Wild Ginger was recommended. Glad we went, great food and atmosphere. A local hot spot. Serves family style so you can pick and share items if in a group. When back in Seattle, would visit again.Special Features:
- A Great Dining Experience!ShelleyEmDined on 10/22/2014I've never had a bad experience at The Wild Ginger. The food is fabulous, the wait staff is friendly and attentive, the pricing is reasonable ... everything you look for in a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jandmDined on 10/22/2014The food was great as always. Service was helpful and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Kimchee fried riceSeattleScientistDined on 10/21/2014I visited Wild Ginger for lunch as part of the Restaurant Week promotion. Interestingly they stick with a 2 course menu for this, an appetizer and a main. No dessert, sadly. However, for $15 it's hard to complain. The kimchee fried rice was excellent, very tender beef, nice spicy flavor without overwhelming notes of vinegar or peppers. Made a great downtown lunch.Special Features:
- Tempting pan-Asian menu choicesPilatesaddictVIPDined on 10/20/2014Nice range of tempting pan-Asian menu choices, but atmosphere lacked warmth, partly because of vast amount of floor space the restaurant occupies. Food was very good, well-presented and service moderately prompt. Though centrally located, sadly the neighborhood is full of homeless people which contributes to a depressing start and finish to your evening, and the low light inside the restaurant makes that mood a little hard to shake.I would recommend this to a friend.
- retiredgingerDined on 10/18/2014excellent food, solicitous service. Tables by the window provide amole opportunity for people watching. It got a little noisy as the evening progressed but not overwhelmingly so.Special Features:
- Wonderful spot for lunchmo1981Dined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed a delicious lunch at a comfortable table. The waitstaff made helpful recommendations about our menu choices and suggested drinks to complement our meal. We enjoyed a Thai chicken and a lamb satay. The pickle is delicous! For our entrees we had the duck, 7 flavor beef (perfectly flavored) and the spicy green beans. It's not inexpensive but it's worth it. Nice place for out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningRestaurantfansDined on 10/17/2014As out-of-towners, this was our first time at Wild Ginger - and we are already looking forward to coming back. Wonderfully unique food, terrific service, great ambiance. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- large and loudcantgetenoughDined on 10/17/2014I Wish the restaurant would have been more intimate.Special Features: