Wild Ginger Seattle
1401 3rd Ave
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Wild Ginger Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildginger.net/
- Phone: 2066234450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM, Saturday: 4:30PM - 11:00PM, Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jacky Lo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rise beyond the conventional with catering from Wild Ginger. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or a reception for hundreds, we can help create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
A word from Wild Ginger Seattle
The food at Wild Ginger spans the Pacific Rim from China to Indonesia. We pride ourselves on offering traditional dishes from these distinctive regions and insist on house-made ingredients. Chefs make spicy chili sambals, fresh coconut milk, delicate egg noodles, and our pungent oyster sauce all from scratch. To achieve the sublime flavors of the East, there is no substitute for the time-honored customs of these rich and ancient cultures.Continued
*reservations for parties of 7 or more, please give us a call at 206-623-4450.
*reservations for parties of 7 or more, please give us a call at 206-623-4450.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wild Ginger Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Wild Ginger Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
442 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (270)good for groups (192)special occasion (192)notable wine list (111)hot spot (95)great for lunch (93)neighborhood gem (89)romantic (73)vibrant bar scene (44)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (27)great for brunch (12)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Love Wild GingerdavistoDined on 9/27/2014Wild Ginger has consistently been one of our favorite restaurants in Seattle. Food is always exceptional. The staff are pleasant, attentive, and interactive while being respectful of our personal interactions.Special Features:
- Great Seattle FindDinerproDined on 9/27/2014We always go to dinner at Wild Ginger when we come to visit Seattle. Great place if you have symphony tickets as you can simply walk next door to the symphony hall.Special Features:
- Steve TOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014Always excellent food and service from front door reception to wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Wild Ginger has been a long time favorite, great food and amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent asian food. We sampled many dishes and all were terrific, especially the thai noodles, lamb chops, duck and barbecued prawns. Our waitress was very helpful with navigating the menu and determining quantities. Our only caveats are the pricey wine list and uninspiring desserts. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up to it's usual high standarddisappointedDined on 9/26/2014We've been eating at Wild Ginger since it was located down on Western Ave. When it moved to the current location we were certain the quality couldn't be maintained. I'm happy to say we were wrong. As usual, our "usuals" consisting of crispy duck, Hanoi tuna, Szechuan green beans and black pepper scallops were beautiful to look at and perfectly prepared, and the flourless chocolate torte and ginger ice cream together topped off a fabulous meal! We were initially seated at a table for four in the middle of the room. Being a Friday night, the noise level was significant but when we asked to be moved to a quieter booth the hostess graciously reseated us. Thank you Wild ginger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE spot for BenaroyaBobMDined on 9/25/2014If you're going to a performance at Benaroya Hall, or planning a visit to SAM, this is the spot to dine before (or after). The flavor combinations really get the taste buds going and there is an excellent wine list to pair with the Asian-inspired food. Try anything on the menu, we have never had a "poor" dish here. And don't miss the blackberry/vanilla swirl sorbet for dessert. It is, literally, mouth-watering! The service continues to be friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.Special Features:
- Beware: allergens & sneaky managersOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/25/2014I am allergic to peanuts. I have eaten at Wild Ginger several times and have never had a problem, partly because their menu is so informative. We ordered new dish off the specialty menu. After trying a few bites I realized one of the main ingredients was peanuts. I was concerned because they weren't mentioned in the menu. My allergy is relatively minor, and although I had a very uncomfortable two days after my lunch, I didn't have to rush to a hospital. I was worried about people who have a more severe allergy. The manager passed the blame to the waiter saying he was supposed to ask about allergens at the beginning of each service. Way to support your staff. Assure me that the menu will be reprinted and I will leave happy. No such luck.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014hot and sour soup was great.it was the only thing that was.the duck was terrible.never would send anyone there.Special Features:
- Personal Attention PlusyumiyumiyumiDined on 9/24/2014central location...great for dinner before the theater and/or drinks after. I was taking my bestie out for a dinner and a play at the 5th Ave. Our server was Stella; she was amazing. She was perfectly attentive, made excellent suggestions and went out of her way to make us feel like the most important guests present. She brought me a vegan menu...the food was delicious and presentation was very nice. Afterward when delivering our coffee & liqueur she surprised my friend with a small piece of [very rich] chocolate cheesecake with a lit candle to celebrate. And that wasn't the best part...when we lamented that we could not take our leftovers home, she offered to put them into their refrigerator so we could pick them up after the play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but a bit slow 4 lunchRovingLunchersDined on 9/23/2014Great food, and ambiance but the service ran a bit slow for those of us who are on the clock at lunch time. With the walk to and from, it was a two hour lunch and a bit extreme to explain to the boss when arriving back at the office. I would like to go more often but I have to rate this more of a special occasion as I cannot afford to take that time away from office.Special Features:
- A pleasant experience.Ralph9Dined on 9/21/2014Nice food in a nice environment. Well worth a visit if you're in Downtown Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!LynneDined on 9/21/2014So happy to find this restaurant! Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menuFoodieVIPDined on 9/21/2014went for the first time and had the waiter take charge, he did a great job with the selections and these were really unique, have the roast duck with buns as an entree and the chicken wings as starters, yummySpecial Features:
- loved itlovegoodfoodDined on 9/20/2014I haven't visited the Wild Ginger since I lived in Seattle, over 20 years ago. I was so happy to find it was still here. Still love the food, the service was awesome, they were wonderful in spite of how busy they were. In 1989 they were great, and it was so nice to find it still was.Special Features:
- arnbVIPDined on 9/20/2014Thoroughly pleasant experience in every way, at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Convenient for dinner & symphonywetwolovetodineDined on 9/20/2014The food was very good, the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!RainZone151Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I have enjoyed many a meal at Wild Ginger!! Excellent food!! Excellent service!! Always consistent!! If there's just two of you it is still possible to order many "small size" orders of tasty delights so that you can still experience one of the wonders of Wild Ginger -- enjoying many different flavors at one meal!!Special Features:
- ConsistantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Every time we come here we are reminded that good food and service do indeed exist together. They consistently provide top notch service and food. I am a fan of the pomatini drink. We have never been let down and will continue to come back again and again.Special Features:
- DesMoinesspeakingDined on 9/18/2014Thoroughly satisfying and always personable care and food provided to us. Good restaurant for celebrations, spontaneous moments, and just a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Asian food I have ever hadTonyTDined on 9/16/2014The food in this restaurant is outstanding, the flavors are amazing and the seats are spacious and comfortable. We had Mekong Hot and Sour soup (amazing flavors and spices), then 3 different types of satay and Duck and Lamb to follow. We were full and satisfied after this great meal. Having traveled many times to Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan I have had some fantastic meals but this was the best Asian food I have ever had. The wine list is extensive and the sommelier was really knowledgeable and helpful. He helped us to select a great accompaniment to our meal based on our wine preferences. The staff were all attentive and had a can do, customer service attitude.Special Features:
- KrisKrisVIPDined on 9/16/2014Perfect spot for dinner downtown. Great vibe, perfect menu and service. Loved the space and flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dressed Up Thai in Downtown SeattleWorthHavingVIPDined on 9/14/2014Wild Ginger was recommended to us by a road warrior/foodie we trust. It's a cavernous restaurant in downtown Seattle, and I would recommend it for large groups because then you can order more and share. We shared a small portion of the BBQ Shrimp - a bit spicy and a great sauce and peanuts, we had 7-8 large shrimp, big enough to share as an appetizer or a solo dinner for one. We also had the chicken Pad Thai. I've had better Pad Thai, but this one was delicious, not greasy, probably the most elegant Pad Thai I'll ever eat. Wish we had ordered the lettuce wraps, we were surrounded by tables enjoying this dish and it looked great. We had excellent service, and even though we were early for our reservation we were seated at once.Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceWhylifeisDined on 9/14/2014We were immediately seated and attended. Throughout our visit, our server (Doug) checked in several times, as did others, but I an unobtrusive way (I dislike hovering or fawning servers - they were neither). Doug seemed to be sincerely interested in our enjoyment and comfort. The service was so prompt, we finished almost an hour earlier than I had planned! The food: The lamb chops were more chewing than tender, but had great flavor; the peanut sauce was overly chunky. The pot stickers were plump and flavorful. My mother kept almost all of the Mandarin chicken to herself, and she usually isn't a big fan of Asian food. This won't be a destination (I live over an hour away), but I would return when seeing a show at Benaroya.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired, Clinical CuisineLikeItIsDined on 9/13/2014Maybe this was once a hot spot with great food, but now it's clearly using its reputation to cash in. Huge and impersonal, a staff that clinically gets you in and out, food that looks good but tastes like airport fare.
- Sublime ScallopsFoodFanDined on 9/13/2014The black pepper scallops were the best scallops we have ever tried, and the Thai noodles were fresh and tasty. The curry chicken was serviceable, but we wouldn't get it again. Our server was friendly and attentive, and the staff did a nice job of keeping plates cleared and water filled. The only real knock on this place was the ambiance, which was too dark and too loud.Special Features:
- Always a must when in SeattleDiamondDaveVIPDined on 9/13/2014The experience here is always the best. Ambiance, service, and food is excellent. If you want a noisy dining room, lousy food, and negligent service DO NOT DINE HERE!!! The hot food is hot and the cold drinks are cold. You will NOT be disappointed if you visit this restaurant. Diamond DaveSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Wild GingerKarenDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant has moved since I visited 17 years ago, and I swore I'd come back. It's as delicious as I remember. I invited my cousin, and we ordered way too many items that we couldn't finish, but we enjoyed every mouthful. We had many starters, some soup, and a couple of main dishes. I suggest a meal of the varied and very tasty appetizers for two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DinnerFoodiefromMissoulaDined on 9/13/2014We really enjoyed our dinner and the service. The food was well seasoned. Try the mango cocktail - really delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, meh serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014Food was wonderful, fresh and flavorful. However I get super annoyed when it takes the server 10 minutes to visit your table after being seated, I was almost at the point of walking out and it totally sets a negative tone to the entire experience. At least take our drink orders before you go out back for a smoke.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner in SeattleRVMDDined on 9/12/2014Small, but very good choice of Asian dishes, dinner was tasty and fresh, friendly and professionel serviceSpecial Features:
- Delicious, great service, a mustAllyDined on 9/11/2014From walking in to walking out, the service was excellent. The waitress was exceptionally helpful and created a list of ideas for us to do whilst in Seattle, tailored to our taste and timeframes. The food was delicious with the real winners being the 7 flavour beef AND the green beans! The duck and Kung Pao chicken were also good. Not the cheapest but value and quality are perfectly matched.Special Features:
- still greatcszrbDined on 9/11/2014I ate at wild ginger in 1999 during my last visit to Seattle. I remembered that the food was great so I was happy to see it was thriving in a different location. The food was still great and the service was top notch. Hope it is not too long a time until I return to Seattle and visit wild ginger again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!boomshakalakaDined on 9/11/2014Went to WG on recommendation of a friend. Food was fantastic, would recommend to anyone who likes high-quality Asian cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed in the duck...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I was excited to dine at Wild Ginger based on all the hype I'd read. However I was a bit disappointed in the duck which was supposed to be their specialty. It was very ordinary and the skin was not as crispy as I would have expected. The service was terrific as our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive. The pot stickers were good as was the curry chicken. Overall good and thus my 3 star rating.Special Features:
- Excellent ValueMonikaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Large restaurant with a lot of customers who all seemed to have a great time. Service was excellent and timing of courses was right on, no excessive wait and also no rushing through the meal. Loved the green papaya salad and the Wandering Sage soup. 2 Satays were cooked and presented expertly. Loved the whole experience. Great wine list.Special Features:
- Much improved this visitDanielVIPDined on 9/8/2014We had a very unpleasant meal last time, but decided to give Wild Ginger another chance, because it has been so good for so long we knew it was capable of better and indeed it is. Dumplings and two different curries were both really good and the Pinot Noir by the glass, though unfamiliar, was very good too. Our waitress was pleasant, but tried too hard to talk us out of our choices, then caught herself. The place has lost its edge, a little less chips, less polished, the wait staff less eager to please and enthusiastic, less trained. Nevertheless WG remains a downtown stalwart that we will continue to visit, especially after concerts or before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fusion DiningfoodcriticDined on 9/8/2014Their duck is my favorite. We also had heirloom tomato salads that were delicious, and we had a seafood dish similar to pad se ew that was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st VisitVixAmillionDined on 9/7/2014I came in with a girlfriend who has been raving about this place. I grew up with a lot of these dishes and I'm pretty stubborn to try infused dishes. I let my girlfriend order: large duck dish with extra buns, ahi tuna, squash soup, and lots of lime and coconut martinis!! I loved every bite and every finger lick. The dishes chosen, it really reminded me of my childhood. Good job!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Great service compliments the exotic setting and outstanding food. We went to Wild Ginger on a whim and were delighted to enjoy our evening with friends. The cozy, but open setting allows for conversation without shouting across the table.Special Features: