Wild Ginger at The Bravern
11020 NE 6th St.
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Wild Ginger at The Bravern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildginger.net/
- Phone: 4254958889
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM, Saturday 11am - 3:00PM Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM, Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jacky Lo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Rise beyond the conventional with catering from Wild Ginger. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or a reception for hundreds, we can help create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our facilities have their own personality and style. We offer a range of versatile options, from private dining rooms to reception and seated event space.
- Private Party Contact: Isaac Norbe 2068384312
A word from Wild Ginger at The Bravern
The food at Wild Ginger spans the Pacific Rim from China to Indonesia. We pride ourselves on offering traditional dishes from these distinctive regions and insist on house-made ingredients. Chefs make spicy chili sambals, fresh coconut milk, delicate egg noodles, and our pungent oyster sauce all from scratch. To achieve the sublime flavors of the East, there is no substitute for the time-honored customs of these rich and ancient cultures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wild Ginger at The Bravern - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Wild Ginger at The Bravern reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (56)special occasion (49)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (31)kid-friendly (19)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (14)notable wine list (14)romantic (13)late-night find (12)great for brunch (10)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014When we arrived we had to find someone to seat us, it took over 15-minutes before our order was taken and the staff was not very glad to see the patrons.
- Off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We've dined at Wild Ginger's Bellevue location a few times before and had an exceptional experience, but our latest experience was awful. The hostess sat us in a booth where the seat was so dirty that one of the people in our party could not sit down. It took several minutes for an employee to assist in trying to clean it up, but we had to ask to move to another table. The dishes brought out to our table were dirty, and an employee carrying a bucket of ice spilled it all along the floor next to our table without even noticing. An assistant manager happened to come to our table to ask how everything was, and when we told him about our experiences he only gave a half-hearted apology and walked away. Not a good evening.
- Girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Consistently great food and service. My friends and I all loved our meals and special drinks. Our waiter was attentive and friendly, and he was extra cautious in making sure that my meal was gluten-free. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food at Bellevue downtownYuryDined on 8/25/2014The food at 'Wild Ginger' might not be authentic, but it's surely delicious. '7 flavors beef' is my personal favorite.Special Features:
- Duck is top seller?billybobDined on 8/25/2014Dinner w business clients was average at best. Waiter was quiet and unenthusiastic. Seven flavor beef was great, but the duck, which has always been proclaimed to be "awesome" was overlooked and below average. Seabass was average. When will they change their entree offerings?Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysKimKimDined on 8/25/2014Excellent dining experience! Quick service, delicious meal and great service (our server was Alfredo).Special Features:
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Went to the Seattle location and loved it. In Bellevue, the server was rude/inattentive, and while the food was good, the portions seemed smaller, and they were miserly about the rice.
- Latest visit was a disappointmentJustineDined on 8/9/2014I've had wildly varying experiences at Wild Ginger. Unfortunately the most recent one was a total fail. Of four meals, one was good, one was served cold, one didn't have nearly as many ingredients in it as it should have (pad thai with NO peanuts), and one was substituted due to unavailability, delivered 15 minutes after the other meals, and the recommendation from the waiter was not a good one. We also ordered a starter that didn't arrive at all, and the waiter brought two beers to the table but only poured one. Really not a great experience at all that will likely have me skipping this restaurant next time. On previous occasions, however, the food was nice, drinks good, and service fine... so if you're lucky that will be your experience.
- Tasty!balletbuffDined on 8/8/2014Consistently good food with enough variety to keep it interesting. Surprisingly quiet for a Bellevue restaurant Roomy tables not crowded togethetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeRickDined on 8/7/2014I've been coming to Wild Ginger at Bravern for years, and the food never disappoints. I'm especially a fan of the Siam Lettuce Cups (lime-marinated seafood) and Hanoi (seared) Tuna, but everything else I've tried has been delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Our server, Ryan, was great. He gave us great recommendations and was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchShazDined on 8/6/2014This is a great place to take a team lunch for work. It was seating accommodations for groups, the menu is vegetarian friendly and overall the food is pretty good. It's a little expensive for Chinese/Thai food, but I guess that's because of the upscale surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable dining experienceDanke8Dined on 8/3/2014As our group was 8, we were able to order quite a number of different dishes to share family style. Our fav - 7 flavored beef and roast duck with buns, didn't disappoint. The panang curry wasn't spicy at all, they do this much better in the Thai restaurants. Side dishes of bok choy and string beans were great. We also had the sweet and sour pork, mongolian noodles. Everyone enjoyed the food, and we didn't have to pack anything back. But my gut is that portions have been reduced somewhat. Including tips, bill came up to about $200 (minimal drinks among the group - just several beers).Special Features:
- Great lunch spotBSeattleVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a regular in my lunch circuit - for wowing other people or just having great Asian food I can count on. They are very scrupulous about food allergies and ask every time - they can do vegetarian or vegan or gluten free if you ask.Special Features:
- Great1234Dined on 7/31/2014Lovely experience with attentive waiters and great food. My personal favorite is the green curry chicken (delicious) and they have the best pad thai around! Tip: Order the smaller sizes of all the dishes that way you can order a couple plates to try - make sure to share with the table instead of ordering personal dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014The food isn't necessarily all that unique. The notable thing is that Wild Ginger is pricey.Special Features:
- Consistent qualitySushiLoveVIPDined on 7/29/2014We always enjoy dining at Wild Ginger as it offers consistent food quality.Special Features:
- We had a great timeSuexxDined on 7/26/2014The food was great. We had two young kids (3 and 6) and they enjoyed it too. Great service.Special Features:
- Oh the flavor...BrianDined on 7/26/2014Wild Ginger's attention to detail is second to none. Amazing food with amazing service leaves nothing to be desired.Special Features:
- lunch was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/24/2014service attentive but not too much so. food excellent.Special Features:
- Why????WallyDined on 7/24/2014Had a reservation for a birthday lunch at noon. Showed up exactly and noon and was taken downstairs. One table of 8 was seated there. We were the only others in the area. That was it for the entire meal. Why were we sent down to the hole where there was no ambience at all???? Never will return.
- Tired...not wiredEastsidedinerDined on 7/8/2014I have great memories of the cuisine at the original Wild Ginger in downtown Seattle years ago and continue to try Wild Ginger in Bellevue and Seattle in the hope the food will live up to its original promise. But I continue to be disappointed. The dishes are generally the same (the menu for some reason is not very innovative), but they have lost the great Asian fusion flavors in the dishes and sauces. The satays are boring, the peanut sauce tasteless, sizzling green beans did not have any sizzle, and the Hanoi Tuna just doesn't deliver. Wild Ginger needs a redux with an executive chef that can bring true Asian Fusion back.
- Quality All Aroundmichael4kirklandDined on 7/4/2014I have been to Wild Ginger a few times for business dinners, but this was the first time I went with just my wife. We had a great all around experience and she would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayby206Dined on 6/28/2014We have dined several times at Wild Ginger downtown Seattle, and found this location to lack the quality, atmosphere, and elegance of the Seattle version. The menu items we selected (seven flavor beef, kung pow chicken) were mediocre at best. All dishes were over-seasoned and the beef, in particular, didn't taste fresh. We also found the restaurant layout to feel cramped and awkward. Our dining experience was overshadowed by obnoxious patrons who were laughing so loudly next to us that we could barely hear each other speak. We will not return to this restaurant, with so many other fantastic options around.
- Wild GingerTP1971Dined on 6/20/2014A very well constructed space at the Bravern. Upscale Thai/Asian cuisine that is dependably good. They also have a vegan menu which has some very good options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle location is betterYummyDined on 6/19/2014The food was good, but not nearly as good as the Seattle location. The ambience here is okay as well, but once again the Seattle location is much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialNed47Dined on 6/16/2014We've been going to Wild Ginger on and off for almost 20 years ... and it remains a great choice for both personal and business entertaining. The Bravern facility with its 3 (?) private rooms was the venue I selected for a 'team dinner' recently, and just this week we had a personal small dinner in the main dining area. We love the food, appreciate the good service and enjoy the modern, sophisticated interior decor.Special Features:
- Worth a try againBellevuegalDined on 6/16/2014Nice restaurant with good variety of food choices. Unfortunately, the shrimp I ordered was undercooked which was disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/10/2014Overall We had a good time and dinner. The service was patchy we has to call for their attention each time. But when someone arrived the service was prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsEvilRegalFan77Dined on 6/4/2014Love the food, the ambience. Service is great. Good place to dine with friends or special dinner date.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014I usually enjoy Wild Ginger happy hours weekdays. This time it was not as good as usual. Lemon drops was too sour, beef had strange taste and server was not as attentive. Place was very busy on Friday night but this was surprising as like I said I usually enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, Seattle location bettersporkieVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food at the Bellevue location wasn't as well prepared as the food at the Seattle restaurant. Dumplings and rice were cold. The meal and experience wasn't bad; it just wasn't at the same high level as you find at the Seattle restaurant.
- SurprisedLMCQUEENDined on 5/22/2014Typically I find the food enticing with flavor. The soup had to be reordered we all agreed it tasted watered down and flavorless. The portions were good but only one of the three dishes was wow. They kept forgetting three soup spoons....only had two for three people had to ask. Overall I guess from having eaten there before I would not take clients back. The Papaya salad was delicious though. I would have to LOVE the place to go agai because the parking is so maddening in that building.
- great!rasmalaiDined on 5/16/2014I had special accomadations needed for my group and they were more than willing to accommodate us. thank you for the amazing food, drinks, and being so willing to look after disabled family members (especially in ways I didn't foresee).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is blahTablefor2VIPDined on 5/16/2014This is the second time I have dined here and I am disappointed once again. The view is killer I just would want the food to match. The food is so bland and blah with little to no flavor. The waiter suggested the house made spicy sauce and it was good but as a condiment it did not improve the overall dish. I have tried dinner and lunch, different entrees and the trend is consistent and that is not good. Service is good and friendly and efficient, I cannot hold the wait staff responsible for poor tasting food.Special Features:
- Hopefully a one offStran1Dined on 5/11/2014We've been eating at Wold Ginger for over 20 years and this was the first time that I thought the food was mediocre. The Hanoi Tuna was mushy. The Pad Thai was over cooked and pasty. The Szechuan greenbeans were adequate and the yellow curry chicken was very good. Server was very responsive to our disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 349 reviews are from the Wild Ginger at The Bravern reviews archive.
- Good, as usualMamaliaDined on 5/2/2014We chose Wild Ginger for my husband's birthday dinner. We had theater tickets afterwards, and I mentioned both of these facts during the reservation process. Our waiter greeted us with a happy birthday to my husband (the correct person, even!), hurried our order as best he could (the duck came significantly after our other food, but I do not fault him for that), and brought us cake with a candle at the end. He also asked about any food allergies, and although I am careful with ordering because of my tree nut allergy, it was lovely to have him check the dishes for almond for me. The food was wonderful as usual - the beef was lovely and spicy, the bok choy nicely cooked, and the duck, when it arrived, luscious. A wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - lacking serviceAnonymous513Dined on 4/25/2014My food was excellent. The atmosphere was amazing. The service was lacking. It started off with a good amount of checkup, but 1/3 of the way through my meal, it seemed like we stopped getting checked on. After we had finished eating I had to wait a while to flag down a waiter/chef for the bill, since it seemed my waitress had forgotten about us. They did give me a cake on the house, since it was my birthday, so props for that.Special Features:
- food good, service lackingEsdosbournDined on 4/20/2014Went on a Sunday night, restaurant had approximately 10 tables at the time, so relatively slow. Appetizer came, then a bit of a wait before our main courses arrived. We asked for soy sauce and hot sauce at that time. Hot sauce came, no soy sauce. Asked again after we were about halfway through our meal. Soy sauce finally came when we were basically done with our meal by another waiter. She also was the one who refilled our water glasses. Not sure where our waiter was, but she did not check on us until the end of our meal. There were at least 4 servers, so not sure what the problem was, but service was minimal and poor.Special Features:
- LucianoDined on 4/20/2014the chicken pad tai is't pretty much it, chicken rice noodles and a sauce. very tasty, but i heard the vegetarian pad tai has more veggies in it.I would recommend this to a friend.