Wild Ginger at The Bravern
11020 NE 6th St.
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Wild Ginger at The Bravern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildginger.net/
- Phone: (425) 495-8889
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM, Saturday 11am - 3:00PM Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM, Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jacky Lo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Rise beyond the conventional with catering from Wild Ginger. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or a reception for hundreds, we can help create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our facilities have their own personality and style. We offer a range of versatile options, from private dining rooms to reception and seated event space.
- Private Party Contact: Isaac Norbe 2068384312
A word from Wild Ginger at The Bravern
The food at Wild Ginger spans the Pacific Rim from China to Indonesia. We pride ourselves on offering traditional dishes from these distinctive regions and insist on house-made ingredients. Chefs make spicy chili sambals, fresh coconut milk, delicate egg noodles, and our pungent oyster sauce all from scratch. To achieve the sublime flavors of the East, there is no substitute for the time-honored customs of these rich and ancient cultures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wild Ginger at The Bravern - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Wild Ginger at The Bravern reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (74)good for groups (70)special occasion (44)great for lunch (43)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (25)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (14)romantic (13)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- A family favorite!hatshepsutDined on 11/22/2014Wild Ginger , Seattle has always been a family favorite. This was our first time in Bellevue. We had a wonderful meal with friends. We ordered several starters (lettuce cups, fresh spring rolls and satay beef), several entrees (sea bass, rama setu and duck) and shared family style. The food lived up to seattle standards and the drinks from the bar were excellent too. We will go there again should we plan to dine in Bellevue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table is not idealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014I booked a table for dinner with couple clients. I requested a good table in a somewhat quiet area and I explained this was a client event. When I got there, we got a bench table, which was super tight to fit 6 of us, including a 6 foot 8 guy. We could barely fit all the food on the table. All in all, food was delicious but the table was not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food coldOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/15/2014Atmosphere cold and food cold. The food was good but even when they returned it it was still cold.
- Delicious birthday dinnerTMeltDined on 11/8/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at Wild Ginger. It was my son's first time at Wild Ginger, and he's not exactly adventurous when it comes to food. He found looks of things on the menu he liked: kung pao chicken, Princess Prawns, and shrimp satay. As always, the food and service were very good. They even gave my husband their chocolate cake and coconut ice cream for dessert for his birthday -- and no singing!Special Features:
- ReggieReggieDined on 11/7/2014Always good. Unique food - very fun. Brought a group from out of town - they loved it. Fun and terrific evening. Noise level a bit loud but that was due to a large group next to us that felt they had to shout at each other.Special Features:
- Old and newFoodie13VIPDined on 11/7/2014I usually dine at the Seattle location but my out of town guests were staying on the Eastside so the Bravern location was perfect. Ordered my standby Siam lettuce cups, fragrant duck with steamed buns and Sichuan green beans. But this time added Nam's lamb chops and it is now my new fave.Special Features:
- Interesting MenufoodieDined on 11/5/2014Had a very nice lunch selecting the fried rice and green papaya salad. Shared the dishes and they were more than ample for two people. Service was very good and attentive. Seems to be very popular for lunch as there were many others lunching there as well. It's nice to have free parking available in Bellevue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I never knew you were there.NitroDined on 11/4/2014I was recommended by a friend. I was very impressed by the settings and the food. I will highly recommend to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seven Flavor Beef was great!xsweetsDined on 10/29/2014Had a very good experience for lunch. We were seated very quickly. I originally decided to go there for lunch because of Seattle Restaurant week but then decided to try something else on the menu. One of my friends did get the app and entrée from the SR week menu. She had the Tamarind Dip and Kelantan BBQ Chicken, which she enjoyed. I and another friend ordered the Seven Flavor Beef which was great but wished the portion was a bit bigger for the price. Another friend ordered the Pad Thai and was given a generous portion and loved it. We had a great waiter named Jordan. We got our food fairly quickly and had a great lunch. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild GingerGraceODined on 10/28/2014Loved the food, loved the ambiance, had a great time with a few friends. Spring rolls are amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too high tech to be personalSorryIwentDined on 10/25/2014When the lights went *blink, the computers went down and wouldn't restart. The staff was lost and didn't have any way to take or process orders. We waited 90 minutes as food trickled to our table. And then, it was cold.Special Features:
- Had reservation 7:30pm 10/25/14saraDined on 10/25/2014Unfortunately the weather was bad an they had power surge which was out of there control. Service was bad due to lack of communcation and explaining to clients what was happening instead of letting everyone sit not know what was going on. We waited 1hr 45min.. .not knowing what happen to our food, until we asked and at that point we were told what happened and they had no idea when we would get our food because they had no idea who had ordered what. We had to attend another venue and we had to leave.Special Features:
- Servicejpaul8Dined on 10/25/2014Server attitude was pretty lame. When I go to a nicer restaurant I expect some level of enthusiasm. Not with this guy.
- Love the food!!!FoodloverDined on 10/24/2014We love the food at wild ginger.. The service and atmosphere is also great.. Their sea bass is my favorite followed by wild ginger fried rice and Thai chilli beef.. Always consistent and amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissappointingDeeTDined on 10/24/2014I was very disappointed in the food quality. The sweet and sour pork - the pork was so tough my daughter couldn't chew it. The chicken was not tender.Special Features:
- Always a favorite!cageybeeDined on 10/24/2014Wild Ginger is a favorite of mine, and I am never disappointed. Service and food were excellent, as usual.Special Features:
- a favoritediningfriendDined on 10/23/2014Wild Ginger is always one of my favorite restaurants. The food is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, underwhelming fooda33afiDined on 10/22/2014Service was really slow. We waited about 45 minutes from starters to entrees. We ordered the duck and a chicken special. Both were ok but really underwhelming. Not really justify the high prices.
- Great food!anonymousDined on 10/21/2014Amazing food! Great deal on the Seattle Restaurant Week lunch special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentSatisfiedDined on 10/20/20143 women who have all been to Wild Ginger before found the Restaurant Week selections very disappointing. We all had the tamarind dip plate - too small a serving; then one had fried rice, too large and not what she expected; chicken leg and rice - too large and very bland; lastly one had the mee goring noodle dish, delicious, but too large a serving. The desserts we ordered ala carte were more to our likes.Special Features:
- Still splendidruddermanVIPDined on 10/18/2014I haven't been here for a number of years, but a family foursome had a great Saturday night dinner. I was really impressed with the service flow - we had plenty of time to enjoy our drinks, appetizers, entrees, and desserts, but never felt like we were just waiting. Just right! Really enjoyed the barbecue prawns, eggplant special was lovely as well. Wine list great, sommelier helpful. The coconut gelato is the best! A great way to enjoy interesting food, mix and match plates, and be well fed but not overstuffed.Special Features:
- Totally underwhelmingGTgalDined on 10/18/2014We decided to try WG because it's a Seattle icon. Experience was completely underwhelming. Served by shift supervisor who came across as completely uninterested in our experience; never made eye contact and rushed us through decisions; seemed distracted. She declined our request for a substitute (noodles for rice) but said she would bring us both for an upcharge. Server only brought the noodles and we were still upcharged. No big deal but we aren't really interested in going back when we have so many other choices in this area and when the food (satay, spring rolls, beef dish) and drinks (beer, gin & tonic) were completely average. Even though we weren't outrageously unimpressed, I can't figure out why people swoon over this place!
- Always goodTerrikDined on 10/13/2014Wild Ginger is always a treat. The wine selection and quality is good. This time both the salmon and were a bit overcooked but still tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Service became slow once it got crowded, but the food was delicious. It was expensive, but the hostess and customers dressed very casually. That seemed incongruous, but I guess that's the NW style.Special Features:
- Poor service ruined a good mealFoodluvrDined on 9/29/2014I was excited to dine at Wild Ginger.Unfortunately,the service didn't measure up.We were greeted pleasantly,and taken to a small table by the window,which was fine.Our server was very friendly,and the meal started out great.The appetizer & soup were wonderful & the pear martini was a treat.Things went downhill when the 2 tables next to us started to fill up with groups of 10-15. Our server took huge amounts of time with their orders,and we were left alone.My meal came out,but not my husbands,and I was cockily told by another server that they brought out the food as it was done in the kitchen.The manager,Jeremy Cook,was more aggressive than helpful.The duck came out cold & the steamed buns were limp. It was a sad ending,and we won't return.Special Features:
- Best Dim SumMarkus5VIPDined on 9/28/2014I highly recommend the scallop dumpling! Prepared freshly to order with no waiting lines.Special Features:
- DisappointedGreattimeDined on 9/27/2014We had a reservation which wasn't ready on our arrival. We were at a table right in the traffic flow and watched carts laden with dirty dishes passing by every few minutes. Our server was clearly overwhelmed and unfocused on our order. After drinks came, and only one of the appetizers we ordered, she informed us that our order was coming and disappeared for 15 more minutes. We asked about our other appetizer and she told us it was coming with the meal. Our order came and it was wrong. We did not come for take-out but ended up taking home dishes that were delayed in coming to the table. We had hoped for a fine-dining experience but were exasperated upon our departure.
- happy hourhappyDined on 9/27/2014We went for happy hour but all the tables had high seats in the bar. They were very accommodating to let us have table next to the bar that had regular seating for happy hour. It was much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Good food for sure, on pricier side, I wouldn't take my 5-year old here.Special Features:
- Excellent Asian dininglvpurplDined on 9/25/2014I frequent Wild Ginger because the food is consistently really good. It is easy to share plates and I always feel like I got my $$ worth. The service is excellent and so is the bar menu. We enjoyed a glass of wine.Special Features:
- Delicious with great serviceWinojDined on 9/25/2014Lunch with a client, requested booth in nice location and they came through with flying colors. Lunch items served promptly with lovely presentation and waiter Joshua was terrific. Tempted to lick the plate but of course I'd never do that!??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Made reservations for my girlfriend and I late night. Her first time there and she thought it was romantic and and very beautiful. The food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodRaisin76Dined on 9/20/2014Wild Ginger always delivers high quality food that is full of flavor. The presentation is always great and the wait staff is top notch. We never run out of things to try here and our standard favorites are the 7-flavor beef and the satays. Thanks again for a great evening!Special Features:
- Great lunchCandJDined on 9/16/2014Whether you order a lunch special or off the regular menu, all is good. Large portions for the price. 7 flavor beef is great, green beans to die for. Only place they miss the mark are potstickers. They are too big and too much meat (chicken) to veggie ratio in the filling. This makes the gummy and heavy. With so many other great apps, I always skip these.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adog49erVIPDined on 9/12/2014Love wild ginger, but the curried vegetables didn't do much for us. The lettuce wraps with fish are fabulous. Overall the food was good, but not the " great" I usually get at wild ginger. And even though there was a lot of room upstairs, we were there early on a Thursday, we were seated downstairs, which doesn't have much of a vibe, kinda like getting put at the little kids table in the lesser room....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAHYSTERIADined on 9/11/2014Dinner at Wild Ginger at the Bravern started off waiting to be seated but never recognized by the Hostess on the phone so found my own guest already seated. Our server was great, friendly and attentive. Wine list Ok but very pricey by the glass. Our appetizer was the buddha roll with pineapple dipping sauce; a vegetable spring roll with no flavor unless soaked in the sauce. Main dish was seven flavor beef which was flank steak that was perfectly seasoned and cooked. We were asked which we preferred white or brown rice since we ordered two dishes, and they brought both in the same bowl? Friend's birthday so they gave a free slice of chocolate cake that was really good.Special Features:
- So SoGIveMeTheFoodDined on 9/9/2014Duck was recommended as signature dish. Duck pieces with bones wee dry, other pieces were greasy and not flavorful. Not nearly as good as thier downtown location.
- Consistently excellentcageybeeDined on 9/8/2014I and many of my friends and clients love to go to Wild Ginger for business lunches. The menu is diverse, and it takes a real effort on my part to deviate from my favorites--fragrant duck, seven flavor beef, seven element soup--but I have never had a meal that was less than excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great serviceLuvWGDined on 9/7/2014We arrived a few minutes late with 2 fewer people in our group than we originally booked. Staff was extremely accommodating and were patient with us when we were the last to leave, since we were having such a great time. Food was great, as usual, and waiter was very nice about sorting out bill so we could pay separately.Special Features:
- Wild Ginger quality going down?Liv2eatDined on 9/5/2014It's been a while since we visited Wild Ginger. In the past, Wild Ginger was fit for foodies. No longer, IMHO. The mussels and satay dishes were good. The rest was mediocre. The penang beef was bland. Service, on the other hand, was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive and took care of us very proactively. I expected the restaurant to be packed on a Friday night as in the past. However it was relatively empty. I presume this is because the quality of the food is no longer amazing. Wild Ginger needs to regain its past.