Wild Ginger at The Bravern
11020 NE 6th St.
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Wild Ginger at The Bravern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildginger.net/
- Phone: 4254958889
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM, Saturday 11am - 3:00PM Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM, Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jacky Lo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Rise beyond the conventional with catering from Wild Ginger. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or a reception for hundreds, we can help create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our facilities have their own personality and style. We offer a range of versatile options, from private dining rooms to reception and seated event space.
- Private Party Contact: Isaac Norbe 2068384312
A word from Wild Ginger at The Bravern
The food at Wild Ginger spans the Pacific Rim from China to Indonesia. We pride ourselves on offering traditional dishes from these distinctive regions and insist on house-made ingredients. Chefs make spicy chili sambals, fresh coconut milk, delicate egg noodles, and our pungent oyster sauce all from scratch. To achieve the sublime flavors of the East, there is no substitute for the time-honored customs of these rich and ancient cultures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wild Ginger at The Bravern - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Wild Ginger at The Bravern reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)good for groups (62)great for lunch (47)special occasion (44)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (24)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (15)romantic (14)late-night find (10)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Seven Flavor Beef was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014Had a very good experience for lunch. We were seated very quickly. I originally decided to go there for lunch because of Seattle Restaurant week but then decided to try something else on the menu. One of my friends did get the app and entrée from the SR week menu. She had the Tamarind Dip and Kelantan BBQ Chicken, which she enjoyed. I and another friend ordered the Seven Flavor Beef which was great but wished the portion was a bit bigger for the price. Another friend ordered the Pad Thai and was given a generous portion and loved it. We had a great waiter named Jordan. We got our food fairly quickly and had a great lunch. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild GingerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Loved the food, loved the ambiance, had a great time with a few friends. Spring rolls are amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too high tech to be personalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014When the lights went *blink, the computers went down and wouldn't restart. The staff was lost and didn't have any way to take or process orders. We waited 90 minutes as food trickled to our table. And then, it was cold.Special Features:
- Had reservation 7:30pm 10/25/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Unfortunately the weather was bad an they had power surge which was out of there control. Service was bad due to lack of communcation and explaining to clients what was happening instead of letting everyone sit not know what was going on. We waited 1hr 45min.. .not knowing what happen to our food, until we asked and at that point we were told what happened and they had no idea when we would get our food because they had no idea who had ordered what. We had to attend another venue and we had to leave.Special Features:
- Love the food!!!FoodloverDined on 10/24/2014We love the food at wild ginger.. The service and atmosphere is also great.. Their sea bass is my favorite followed by wild ginger fried rice and Thai chilli beef.. Always consistent and amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissappointingDeeTDined on 10/24/2014I was very disappointed in the food quality. The sweet and sour pork - the pork was so tough my daughter couldn't chew it. The chicken was not tender.Special Features:
- Always a favorite!cageybeeDined on 10/24/2014Wild Ginger is a favorite of mine, and I am never disappointed. Service and food were excellent, as usual.Special Features:
- a favoritediningfriendDined on 10/23/2014Wild Ginger is always one of my favorite restaurants. The food is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, underwhelming fooda33afiDined on 10/22/2014Service was really slow. We waited about 45 minutes from starters to entrees. We ordered the duck and a chicken special. Both were ok but really underwhelming. Not really justify the high prices.
- Great food!anonymousDined on 10/21/2014Amazing food! Great deal on the Seattle Restaurant Week lunch special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentSatisfiedDined on 10/20/20143 women who have all been to Wild Ginger before found the Restaurant Week selections very disappointing. We all had the tamarind dip plate - too small a serving; then one had fried rice, too large and not what she expected; chicken leg and rice - too large and very bland; lastly one had the mee goring noodle dish, delicious, but too large a serving. The desserts we ordered ala carte were more to our likes.Special Features:
- Still splendidruddermanVIPDined on 10/18/2014I haven't been here for a number of years, but a family foursome had a great Saturday night dinner. I was really impressed with the service flow - we had plenty of time to enjoy our drinks, appetizers, entrees, and desserts, but never felt like we were just waiting. Just right! Really enjoyed the barbecue prawns, eggplant special was lovely as well. Wine list great, sommelier helpful. The coconut gelato is the best! A great way to enjoy interesting food, mix and match plates, and be well fed but not overstuffed.Special Features:
- Totally underwhelmingGTgalDined on 10/18/2014We decided to try WG because it's a Seattle icon. Experience was completely underwhelming. Served by shift supervisor who came across as completely uninterested in our experience; never made eye contact and rushed us through decisions; seemed distracted. She declined our request for a substitute (noodles for rice) but said she would bring us both for an upcharge. Server only brought the noodles and we were still upcharged. No big deal but we aren't really interested in going back when we have so many other choices in this area and when the food (satay, spring rolls, beef dish) and drinks (beer, gin & tonic) were completely average. Even though we weren't outrageously unimpressed, I can't figure out why people swoon over this place!
- Always goodTerrikDined on 10/13/2014Wild Ginger is always a treat. The wine selection and quality is good. This time both the salmon and were a bit overcooked but still tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Service became slow once it got crowded, but the food was delicious. It was expensive, but the hostess and customers dressed very casually. That seemed incongruous, but I guess that's the NW style.Special Features:
- Poor service ruined a good mealFoodluvrDined on 9/29/2014I was excited to dine at Wild Ginger.Unfortunately,the service didn't measure up.We were greeted pleasantly,and taken to a small table by the window,which was fine.Our server was very friendly,and the meal started out great.The appetizer & soup were wonderful & the pear martini was a treat.Things went downhill when the 2 tables next to us started to fill up with groups of 10-15. Our server took huge amounts of time with their orders,and we were left alone.My meal came out,but not my husbands,and I was cockily told by another server that they brought out the food as it was done in the kitchen.The manager,Jeremy Cook,was more aggressive than helpful.The duck came out cold & the steamed buns were limp. It was a sad ending,and we won't return.Special Features:
- Best Dim SumMarkus5VIPDined on 9/28/2014I highly recommend the scallop dumpling! Prepared freshly to order with no waiting lines.Special Features:
- DisappointedGreattimeDined on 9/27/2014We had a reservation which wasn't ready on our arrival. We were at a table right in the traffic flow and watched carts laden with dirty dishes passing by every few minutes. Our server was clearly overwhelmed and unfocused on our order. After drinks came, and only one of the appetizers we ordered, she informed us that our order was coming and disappeared for 15 more minutes. We asked about our other appetizer and she told us it was coming with the meal. Our order came and it was wrong. We did not come for take-out but ended up taking home dishes that were delayed in coming to the table. We had hoped for a fine-dining experience but were exasperated upon our departure.
- happy hourhappyDined on 9/27/2014We went for happy hour but all the tables had high seats in the bar. They were very accommodating to let us have table next to the bar that had regular seating for happy hour. It was much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Good food for sure, on pricier side, I wouldn't take my 5-year old here.Special Features:
- Excellent Asian dininglvpurplDined on 9/25/2014I frequent Wild Ginger because the food is consistently really good. It is easy to share plates and I always feel like I got my $$ worth. The service is excellent and so is the bar menu. We enjoyed a glass of wine.Special Features:
- Delicious with great serviceWinojDined on 9/25/2014Lunch with a client, requested booth in nice location and they came through with flying colors. Lunch items served promptly with lovely presentation and waiter Joshua was terrific. Tempted to lick the plate but of course I'd never do that!??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Made reservations for my girlfriend and I late night. Her first time there and she thought it was romantic and and very beautiful. The food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodRaisin76Dined on 9/20/2014Wild Ginger always delivers high quality food that is full of flavor. The presentation is always great and the wait staff is top notch. We never run out of things to try here and our standard favorites are the 7-flavor beef and the satays. Thanks again for a great evening!Special Features:
- Great lunchCandJDined on 9/16/2014Whether you order a lunch special or off the regular menu, all is good. Large portions for the price. 7 flavor beef is great, green beans to die for. Only place they miss the mark are potstickers. They are too big and too much meat (chicken) to veggie ratio in the filling. This makes the gummy and heavy. With so many other great apps, I always skip these.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adog49erVIPDined on 9/12/2014Love wild ginger, but the curried vegetables didn't do much for us. The lettuce wraps with fish are fabulous. Overall the food was good, but not the " great" I usually get at wild ginger. And even though there was a lot of room upstairs, we were there early on a Thursday, we were seated downstairs, which doesn't have much of a vibe, kinda like getting put at the little kids table in the lesser room....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAHYSTERIADined on 9/11/2014Dinner at Wild Ginger at the Bravern started off waiting to be seated but never recognized by the Hostess on the phone so found my own guest already seated. Our server was great, friendly and attentive. Wine list Ok but very pricey by the glass. Our appetizer was the buddha roll with pineapple dipping sauce; a vegetable spring roll with no flavor unless soaked in the sauce. Main dish was seven flavor beef which was flank steak that was perfectly seasoned and cooked. We were asked which we preferred white or brown rice since we ordered two dishes, and they brought both in the same bowl? Friend's birthday so they gave a free slice of chocolate cake that was really good.Special Features:
- So SoGIveMeTheFoodDined on 9/9/2014Duck was recommended as signature dish. Duck pieces with bones wee dry, other pieces were greasy and not flavorful. Not nearly as good as thier downtown location.
- Consistently excellentcageybeeDined on 9/8/2014I and many of my friends and clients love to go to Wild Ginger for business lunches. The menu is diverse, and it takes a real effort on my part to deviate from my favorites--fragrant duck, seven flavor beef, seven element soup--but I have never had a meal that was less than excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great serviceLuvWGDined on 9/7/2014We arrived a few minutes late with 2 fewer people in our group than we originally booked. Staff was extremely accommodating and were patient with us when we were the last to leave, since we were having such a great time. Food was great, as usual, and waiter was very nice about sorting out bill so we could pay separately.Special Features:
- Wild Ginger quality going down?Liv2eatDined on 9/5/2014It's been a while since we visited Wild Ginger. In the past, Wild Ginger was fit for foodies. No longer, IMHO. The mussels and satay dishes were good. The rest was mediocre. The penang beef was bland. Service, on the other hand, was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive and took care of us very proactively. I expected the restaurant to be packed on a Friday night as in the past. However it was relatively empty. I presume this is because the quality of the food is no longer amazing. Wild Ginger needs to regain its past.
- One of our favoritesJonetDined on 9/5/2014The flavors in their dishes are amazing! The sea bass was superb. The menu is diverse, but pricey. Perfect place for a celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014When we arrived we had to find someone to seat us, it took over 15-minutes before our order was taken and the staff was not very glad to see the patrons.
- Family Diner Went GreatCfcgasmanDined on 8/29/2014Choose this place because two of my family members were vegetarian. This place was a great option for non-vegetarian and vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightSMich63Dined on 8/29/2014We've dined at Wild Ginger's Bellevue location a few times before and had an exceptional experience, but our latest experience was awful. The hostess sat us in a booth where the seat was so dirty that one of the people in our party could not sit down. It took several minutes for an employee to assist in trying to clean it up, but we had to ask to move to another table. The dishes brought out to our table were dirty, and an employee carrying a bucket of ice spilled it all along the floor next to our table without even noticing. An assistant manager happened to come to our table to ask how everything was, and when we told him about our experiences he only gave a half-hearted apology and walked away. Not a good evening.
- RubieDined on 8/26/2014Did not really enjoy the food. The papaya salad was pretty bad...chunky and not good. Except for the heavenly beef everything was pretty average. The wine we ordered from their wine list was not available.Special Features:
- Girls night outGFFoodieDined on 8/26/2014Consistently great food and service. My friends and I all loved our meals and special drinks. Our waiter was attentive and friendly, and he was extra cautious in making sure that my meal was gluten-free. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food at Bellevue downtownYuryDined on 8/25/2014The food at 'Wild Ginger' might not be authentic, but it's surely delicious. '7 flavors beef' is my personal favorite.Special Features:
- Duck is top seller?billybobDined on 8/25/2014Dinner w business clients was average at best. Waiter was quiet and unenthusiastic. Seven flavor beef was great, but the duck, which has always been proclaimed to be "awesome" was overlooked and below average. Seabass was average. When will they change their entree offerings?Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysKimKimDined on 8/25/2014Excellent dining experience! Quick service, delicious meal and great service (our server was Alfredo).Special Features: