Wild Ginger at The Bravern
11020 NE 6th St.
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Wild Ginger at The Bravern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildginger.net/
- Phone: 4254958889
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM, Saturday 11am - 3:00PM Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM, Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jacky Lo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Rise beyond the conventional with catering from Wild Ginger. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or a reception for hundreds, we can help create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our facilities have their own personality and style. We offer a range of versatile options, from private dining rooms to reception and seated event space.
- Private Party Contact: Isaac Norbe 2068384312
A word from Wild Ginger at The Bravern
The food at Wild Ginger spans the Pacific Rim from China to Indonesia. We pride ourselves on offering traditional dishes from these distinctive regions and insist on house-made ingredients. Chefs make spicy chili sambals, fresh coconut milk, delicate egg noodles, and our pungent oyster sauce all from scratch. To achieve the sublime flavors of the East, there is no substitute for the time-honored customs of these rich and ancient cultures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wild Ginger at The Bravern - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Wild Ginger at The Bravern reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (60)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (44)great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (28)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (14)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)romantic (11)great for brunch (8)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- adog49erVIPDined on 9/12/2014Love wild ginger, but the curried vegetables didn't do much for us. The lettuce wraps with fish are fabulous. Overall the food was good, but not the " great" I usually get at wild ginger. And even though there was a lot of room upstairs, we were there early on a Thursday, we were seated downstairs, which doesn't have much of a vibe, kinda like getting put at the little kids table in the lesser room....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAHYSTERIADined on 9/11/2014Dinner at Wild Ginger at the Bravern started off waiting to be seated but never recognized by the Hostess on the phone so found my own guest already seated. Our server was great, friendly and attentive. Wine list Ok but very pricey by the glass. Our appetizer was the buddha roll with pineapple dipping sauce; a vegetable spring roll with no flavor unless soaked in the sauce. Main dish was seven flavor beef which was flank steak that was perfectly seasoned and cooked. We were asked which we preferred white or brown rice since we ordered two dishes, and they brought both in the same bowl? Friend's birthday so they gave a free slice of chocolate cake that was really good.Special Features:
- So SoGIveMeTheFoodDined on 9/9/2014Duck was recommended as signature dish. Duck pieces with bones wee dry, other pieces were greasy and not flavorful. Not nearly as good as thier downtown location.
- Consistently excellentcageybeeDined on 9/8/2014I and many of my friends and clients love to go to Wild Ginger for business lunches. The menu is diverse, and it takes a real effort on my part to deviate from my favorites--fragrant duck, seven flavor beef, seven element soup--but I have never had a meal that was less than excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great serviceLuvWGDined on 9/7/2014We arrived a few minutes late with 2 fewer people in our group than we originally booked. Staff was extremely accommodating and were patient with us when we were the last to leave, since we were having such a great time. Food was great, as usual, and waiter was very nice about sorting out bill so we could pay separately.Special Features:
- Wild Ginger quality going down?Liv2eatDined on 9/5/2014It's been a while since we visited Wild Ginger. In the past, Wild Ginger was fit for foodies. No longer, IMHO. The mussels and satay dishes were good. The rest was mediocre. The penang beef was bland. Service, on the other hand, was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive and took care of us very proactively. I expected the restaurant to be packed on a Friday night as in the past. However it was relatively empty. I presume this is because the quality of the food is no longer amazing. Wild Ginger needs to regain its past.
- One of our favoritesJonetDined on 9/5/2014The flavors in their dishes are amazing! The sea bass was superb. The menu is diverse, but pricey. Perfect place for a celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014When we arrived we had to find someone to seat us, it took over 15-minutes before our order was taken and the staff was not very glad to see the patrons.
- Family Diner Went GreatCfcgasmanDined on 8/29/2014Choose this place because two of my family members were vegetarian. This place was a great option for non-vegetarian and vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightSMich63Dined on 8/29/2014We've dined at Wild Ginger's Bellevue location a few times before and had an exceptional experience, but our latest experience was awful. The hostess sat us in a booth where the seat was so dirty that one of the people in our party could not sit down. It took several minutes for an employee to assist in trying to clean it up, but we had to ask to move to another table. The dishes brought out to our table were dirty, and an employee carrying a bucket of ice spilled it all along the floor next to our table without even noticing. An assistant manager happened to come to our table to ask how everything was, and when we told him about our experiences he only gave a half-hearted apology and walked away. Not a good evening.
- RubieDined on 8/26/2014Did not really enjoy the food. The papaya salad was pretty bad...chunky and not good. Except for the heavenly beef everything was pretty average. The wine we ordered from their wine list was not available.Special Features:
- Girls night outGFFoodieDined on 8/26/2014Consistently great food and service. My friends and I all loved our meals and special drinks. Our waiter was attentive and friendly, and he was extra cautious in making sure that my meal was gluten-free. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food at Bellevue downtownYuryDined on 8/25/2014The food at 'Wild Ginger' might not be authentic, but it's surely delicious. '7 flavors beef' is my personal favorite.Special Features:
- Duck is top seller?billybobDined on 8/25/2014Dinner w business clients was average at best. Waiter was quiet and unenthusiastic. Seven flavor beef was great, but the duck, which has always been proclaimed to be "awesome" was overlooked and below average. Seabass was average. When will they change their entree offerings?Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysKimKimDined on 8/25/2014Excellent dining experience! Quick service, delicious meal and great service (our server was Alfredo).Special Features:
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Went to the Seattle location and loved it. In Bellevue, the server was rude/inattentive, and while the food was good, the portions seemed smaller, and they were miserly about the rice.
- Latest visit was a disappointmentJustineDined on 8/9/2014I've had wildly varying experiences at Wild Ginger. Unfortunately the most recent one was a total fail. Of four meals, one was good, one was served cold, one didn't have nearly as many ingredients in it as it should have (pad thai with NO peanuts), and one was substituted due to unavailability, delivered 15 minutes after the other meals, and the recommendation from the waiter was not a good one. We also ordered a starter that didn't arrive at all, and the waiter brought two beers to the table but only poured one. Really not a great experience at all that will likely have me skipping this restaurant next time. On previous occasions, however, the food was nice, drinks good, and service fine... so if you're lucky that will be your experience.
- Tasty!balletbuffDined on 8/8/2014Consistently good food with enough variety to keep it interesting. Surprisingly quiet for a Bellevue restaurant Roomy tables not crowded togethetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeRickDined on 8/7/2014I've been coming to Wild Ginger at Bravern for years, and the food never disappoints. I'm especially a fan of the Siam Lettuce Cups (lime-marinated seafood) and Hanoi (seared) Tuna, but everything else I've tried has been delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Our server, Ryan, was great. He gave us great recommendations and was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchShazDined on 8/6/2014This is a great place to take a team lunch for work. It was seating accommodations for groups, the menu is vegetarian friendly and overall the food is pretty good. It's a little expensive for Chinese/Thai food, but I guess that's because of the upscale surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable dining experienceDanke8Dined on 8/3/2014As our group was 8, we were able to order quite a number of different dishes to share family style. Our fav - 7 flavored beef and roast duck with buns, didn't disappoint. The panang curry wasn't spicy at all, they do this much better in the Thai restaurants. Side dishes of bok choy and string beans were great. We also had the sweet and sour pork, mongolian noodles. Everyone enjoyed the food, and we didn't have to pack anything back. But my gut is that portions have been reduced somewhat. Including tips, bill came up to about $200 (minimal drinks among the group - just several beers).Special Features:
- Great lunch spotBSeattleVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a regular in my lunch circuit - for wowing other people or just having great Asian food I can count on. They are very scrupulous about food allergies and ask every time - they can do vegetarian or vegan or gluten free if you ask.Special Features:
- Great1234Dined on 7/31/2014Lovely experience with attentive waiters and great food. My personal favorite is the green curry chicken (delicious) and they have the best pad thai around! Tip: Order the smaller sizes of all the dishes that way you can order a couple plates to try - make sure to share with the table instead of ordering personal dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014The food isn't necessarily all that unique. The notable thing is that Wild Ginger is pricey.Special Features:
- Consistent qualitySushiLoveVIPDined on 7/29/2014We always enjoy dining at Wild Ginger as it offers consistent food quality.Special Features:
- We had a great timeSuexxDined on 7/26/2014The food was great. We had two young kids (3 and 6) and they enjoyed it too. Great service.Special Features:
- Oh the flavor...BrianDined on 7/26/2014Wild Ginger's attention to detail is second to none. Amazing food with amazing service leaves nothing to be desired.Special Features:
- lunch was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/24/2014service attentive but not too much so. food excellent.Special Features:
- Why????WallyDined on 7/24/2014Had a reservation for a birthday lunch at noon. Showed up exactly and noon and was taken downstairs. One table of 8 was seated there. We were the only others in the area. That was it for the entire meal. Why were we sent down to the hole where there was no ambience at all???? Never will return.
- Tired...not wiredEastsidedinerDined on 7/8/2014I have great memories of the cuisine at the original Wild Ginger in downtown Seattle years ago and continue to try Wild Ginger in Bellevue and Seattle in the hope the food will live up to its original promise. But I continue to be disappointed. The dishes are generally the same (the menu for some reason is not very innovative), but they have lost the great Asian fusion flavors in the dishes and sauces. The satays are boring, the peanut sauce tasteless, sizzling green beans did not have any sizzle, and the Hanoi Tuna just doesn't deliver. Wild Ginger needs a redux with an executive chef that can bring true Asian Fusion back.
- Quality All Aroundmichael4kirklandDined on 7/4/2014I have been to Wild Ginger a few times for business dinners, but this was the first time I went with just my wife. We had a great all around experience and she would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayby206Dined on 6/28/2014We have dined several times at Wild Ginger downtown Seattle, and found this location to lack the quality, atmosphere, and elegance of the Seattle version. The menu items we selected (seven flavor beef, kung pow chicken) were mediocre at best. All dishes were over-seasoned and the beef, in particular, didn't taste fresh. We also found the restaurant layout to feel cramped and awkward. Our dining experience was overshadowed by obnoxious patrons who were laughing so loudly next to us that we could barely hear each other speak. We will not return to this restaurant, with so many other fantastic options around.
- Wild GingerTP1971Dined on 6/20/2014A very well constructed space at the Bravern. Upscale Thai/Asian cuisine that is dependably good. They also have a vegan menu which has some very good options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle location is betterYummyDined on 6/19/2014The food was good, but not nearly as good as the Seattle location. The ambience here is okay as well, but once again the Seattle location is much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialNed47Dined on 6/16/2014We've been going to Wild Ginger on and off for almost 20 years ... and it remains a great choice for both personal and business entertaining. The Bravern facility with its 3 (?) private rooms was the venue I selected for a 'team dinner' recently, and just this week we had a personal small dinner in the main dining area. We love the food, appreciate the good service and enjoy the modern, sophisticated interior decor.Special Features:
- Worth a try againBellevuegalDined on 6/16/2014Nice restaurant with good variety of food choices. Unfortunately, the shrimp I ordered was undercooked which was disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/10/2014Overall We had a good time and dinner. The service was patchy we has to call for their attention each time. But when someone arrived the service was prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsEvilRegalFan77Dined on 6/4/2014Love the food, the ambience. Service is great. Good place to dine with friends or special dinner date.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014I usually enjoy Wild Ginger happy hours weekdays. This time it was not as good as usual. Lemon drops was too sour, beef had strange taste and server was not as attentive. Place was very busy on Friday night but this was surprising as like I said I usually enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.