Wild Blueberry Restaurant
82 Shore Rd.
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wild Blueberry Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewildblueberryrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2076460990
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend. We are open Daily for Breakfast 7:30 AM to 2:00 PM and Lunch from 11:00am to 5:00 PM Dinner is 7 Days a week from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM Breakfast and Lunch are walk-in only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Wild Blueberry Restaurant
Centrally located in the center of Ogunquit Maine is the Wild Blueberry Restaurant. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and a short distance from the beach and marginal way.The Wild Blueberry now in the hands of chef Jerry Duque features art from local and Latin American artist, bringing all the flavors of Maine. Here you will find all the great food Maine has to offer with the best seafood and lobster interpretations that will please the most sophisticated pallets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wild Blueberry Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (13)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Don't reserved after 8PM!MissLandryDined on 8/21/2014Food was perfect, precise, well executed, savoury and absolutely delicious. Generous portions and beautiful presentations. There a lot of love in this food! Not that much in the service... We made a reservation at 8h30 on a thursday night, my mother and I. We finally arrived earlier, at 8. The room was 1/3 full. 20 minutes later we were the only customers left in the room. Staff were taking off the tablecloths, moving the chairs, ... The waiter didn't even offer us a coffee and presented us the check... I consider it pretty rude for a restaurant of that standard. They shouldn't accept reservation after 7h30 if they want to close the restaurant at 9. That said, I still highly recommended this restaurant, but make sure to go there early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful is an understatementFoodieMontrealDined on 8/14/2014Had the lobster bisque, which was ok. Ordered the Paela and had to return it to the kitchen: was obviously reheated in the microwave and even if I like spicy, this low grade saffron and the overwhelming quantity of, both, cilantro and dill made this dish plain awful! The waitress offered to bring me something else and I order Haddock Meunière -- overlooked fish, too much lemon juice, but the chef felt the need to "drizzle" way too much olive oil.Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 8/13/2014Quaint in town eatery. Food was fantastic. Drinks were splendid. Chef Jeff was very cordial and and helpful with food selection. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- JanelleVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was our first time here and it was wonderful. The food was excellent and our server was very attentive. The homemade desserts were divine!Special Features:
- Beyond BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/11/2014You can always find breakfast lines wrapped around this charming porch along Shore Road, and the lunches are wonderful, but dinner was an even greater surprise! The quality of food was excellent and fit for foodies, and the atmosphere warm and inviting in this quaint but rather spacious New England style house. The chances of easily getting in for dinner reservations after this review may not be as simple as we found it at the height of the season, this summer! You are missing out if you don't make a visit! It is tucked away just a little bit on the bend of Shore Road and across from the fire station. Parking in the municipal lot behind it also makes it very convenient. Do not miss their fresh blueberry martinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilVIPDined on 8/9/2014A nice meal - good service. Food was nicely prepared. Prices were on the high side. Preferred brunch over dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good valueBluestarDined on 8/4/2014We like to go to the Wild Blueberry for dinner and breakfast.We like the choice of breakfast including the delicious blueberry pancakes .At dinner we had a delicious lobster bisque,A very good entrée of pan- seared scallops and another one of haddock. The service was attentive.We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!katie1Dined on 8/2/2014Congratulations to the chef! This was by far the best meal we had during our stay in Ogunquit. My husband enjoyed the paella with saffron rice and ate just about every grain. He said it was the best paella he ever had. I enjoyed the halibut and was equally delighted. I think we sent the plates back empty to the kitchen. Please try the cold lobster/ avocado appetizer with citrus. It was amazing! I would love to know how to make it. When my husband asked for a watermelon martini, the bartender had never made one before, but asked how it was done. My husband was happy to tell her, and she made a lovely one just for him. Also appreciated the mojitos - delicious. The chef actually came out as we were leaving, so we had an opportunity to meet himSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food and service. Nice music in the evening.Special Features:
- Happy but unhappy food thrown outyrlyogonquitvacationersDined on 8/1/2014Food was delicious and the staff friendly but a gentleman that didn't speak English took our plates and we asked for them to go several times. He kept nodding his head and then stacked the plates with soiled ones:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant in Ogunquit!ljneeVIPDined on 7/27/2014I had only previously had breakfast at the Wild Blueberry, which was always delicious! Great blueberry pancakes! This trip we also had dinner, which was equally as fabulous. I had the scallops. The presentation was gorgeous, with an edible flower on top (which I ate!) and the scallops were fantastic. I love this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone in Ogunquit. Our waitress Paula (lunch and dinner) was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Ogunquit delightTMFfromRaleighVIPDined on 7/4/2014There are many fine restaurants in Ogunquit /Perkins Cove; this is one of them. The restaurant is set in a charming old house on Shore Rd., a couple of blocks down from busy Main St. We went for dinner; I recommend the lobster bisque and the honey-soy lacquered chicken. The prix-fix menu is a good value. Wish we had the opportunity to go for brunch because the selections look yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- short on wait staff, food below pardisappointedDined on 7/3/2014Not enough staff to cover tables properly. Long wait for cocktails and bread. The lobster fingers were not executed well, not fresh at all. Barely edible. The elderly lady host was very sweet.
- BillBillDined on 6/28/2014A nice quiet dinner for my husband's 50th birthday and before going to the Ogunquit Playhouse. The lobster bisque and shrimp sofrado were excellent. We sat in the front window and had a great experience of people-watching. The service was timely, but one new staff member detracted from that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spotMamallama24Dined on 6/27/2014Great food, good atmosphere. Met up with an old friend and kids for dinner. Kids menu + fantastic food & wine for the adults. Enjoyed by all. My only caution is the piano player is LOUD - it would be hard to talk at a table in the bar area. Parking is great & you can walk around & see the shops after you eat. We had a great meal/lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanVIPDined on 6/26/2014A great location. Prix fixe meal was a great buy. Delicious food. Friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- RogeneDined on 6/21/2014I was disappointed that the menu reflected in the website is not in the actual menu presented. Wild blueberry should update their menu on the website. My fish was not fully cooked. It was partially raw. When I complaint about it. No apologies were offered. Instead, the manager offere to get me a new order because he said he did not want me to go hungry. I thought that was a bit condescending. I got two fellet of fish and the manager did not include the fish dish in my bill, but I insisted to pay it for I feel bad that the restaurant was not really doing well. The chef was not friendly at all. The bread taste good but the middle part was raw dough. The lobster was dry and tough.
- Easy and elegantShortbeachsgDined on 6/15/2014Lovely time. Paella a bit salty but otherwise all was well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funquit in OgunquitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014Enjoyed all facets of dinner at Wild B lueberry. Excellent cocktails, food and service. One of the best at the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatlinz7997Dined on 5/16/2014If you have children at want great food and service but are nervous about your children bothering others. ...this place is perfect. They are very accommodating and the piano drowns out any nuisance crying. The food was great. ...great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Wild Blueberry Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good dinner at Wild BlueberryJackDined on 4/5/2014Best part of dinner was the service. Dinner was good - not great. Online menu did not match real menu - not even close, and that was disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, but perfectPaulVIPDined on 1/18/2014We were in Ogunquit for a weekend getaway. We enjoyed a window seat on a snowy night. Very quiet in the restaurant, but exactly what we needed! Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A musical eveningSinger1Dined on 1/10/2014A great place for those who enjoy dinner and entertainment. The piano/sing-a-long was most enjoyable and everyone was friendly and had a great evening. The local folks who frequent Blueberry are talented and most enjoyable. Food and service complemented the scene.Special Features:
- Off SeasonBubbaGDined on 11/9/2013I think it would be hard to make a judgement on this restaurant being off season. There where only two other parties in the restaurant while we where there. It seemed like a Mom and Pop operation and Pop had no clue as to what was going on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseGayleDined on 10/13/2013We have walked by this restaurant many times and didn't think anything of it. Then I went on the internet and it was listed as fine dining so I looked at their menu and it was amazing!! We immediately made a reservation and everything far exceeded our expectations! It is a diamond in the rough!! The decor is elegant casual. The waiter was attentive but gave us our space. We had a slow dinner with no rushing as we requested. I had the haddock which was unbelievable. My husband had the Seafood which came in a large bowl and over flowing with seafood-clams, mussels, lobster. He said that it was divine!! Oh, we started with salads that were different and tasty. Go there-you will not be disappointed!!!!!!!! Also, reasonably priced !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerFood4workDined on 10/13/2013Looking for a great meal while on a family vacation. Was not disappointed. One of the best meals of the trip. Would revisit again and also try their breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but not specialRovingRobVIPDined on 10/5/2013The dinner was good but nothing very special. We started with the macadamia calamari which was overcooked and too crispy. My haddock was tasty but not outstanding. And something is lacking in the atmosphere. It is extremely simple and lacks the warmth or charm I would expect in a seasonal restaurant next to the ocean. I'm not panning the restaurant, its just not very memorable.
- Best restaurant in Ogunquit, MELyceumLadyDined on 9/29/2013This restaurant is a real find and a well kept secret in Ogunquit. We had dinner and breakfast there and it surpassed our expectations. The menu was diverse, gourmet and very unique. The food was delicious, excellently prepared, and attractive presentation. It's known as a breakfast place but don't miss out on dining at night. For breakfast, the Vegetable Benedict was amazing. It's become our favorite restaurant in Ogunquit, ME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch and dinner!ConnieDined on 9/25/2013My husband and I had a couple of wonderful meals at Wild Blueberry. We first went there for breakfast and had their wild blueberry panakes. They were very good and the service was good. We returned there for dinner and had an outstanding meal. Our waiter couldn't have been more attentive and he guided us in our selections from the menu. I would recomment this restaurant and we will return the next time we are in Ogunquit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2013The food was no less than superb. The haddock meuniere was to die for. Best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2013We had heard good things about this resteurant but found it exceeded our expectations. The wild greens salad with walnuts was delicious. We both had the sole and it was prepared perfectly. The fish was flavorful and the perfectly done. The strawberry cream cake was Also top shelf , light and fresh. They had a live music, Nancy and Richard, and they were talented musicians, entertainers and we enjoyed Richard singing. The only minor point of contention was that the waiter said they had no change and he rounded down our change. The change was minor since ordinarily I would have left the change plus the 20 percent tip. However , everything else was superb and we plan on returning the next time we are in ogunquit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild about the Wild BlueberryeatgoodDined on 8/16/2013A blueberry-themed restaurant that serves excellent food that is attractively plated. Lobster dishes are excellent. Service is excellent. Attentive without being annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a showJohmmyDined on 8/2/2013were concerned about timeframe-schedule only permitted us to arrive at 630 but, had tickets for the 8:00 show.We were attended to quickly. At times there was a gap in service in which we had to wait but the place was not busy. The server was kind, sweet,and enthusiastic about his job;however he was a bit chatty with excessive use of the phrase "oh my God". The food was the highlight. Our young daughter selected the bisque from the adult menu. The server was thoughtful about a young child that he brought the soup early and then an extra plate to share dinner with us. The lobster tail and steak with bacon wrapped asparagus was the prize winner at our table. The Maine haddock with citrus mashed potatoes was also a great blend of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Wild Blueberry- Wow!sarahDined on 8/2/2013We had a throughly fabulous dinner...food was outstanding as was the presentation. The avocado-lobster salad was amazing and perfectly delicious. The scallop entree and the haddock was fabulous. Will DEFINITELY RETURN to eat!! It was a perfect way to celebrate our 35th anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with close familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/28/2013This restaurant has offered over the last few years the best salad which I have ever had...lobster and avocado salad. The rest of the menu has changed overt time but has been very eclectic. Food is consistently tasty. Restaurant is usually quiet with a very nice live piano player. Very enjoyable!!Special Features:
- Musical Theatre Sing-A-Long Fun ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2013This restaurant is very popular because of the singing waiters and bar staff more than for the food - which is not bad but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/4/2013Experienced sub-par service. Waitress forgot parts of our order, cheese with one meal and my wine. Service was extremely slow. The table next to us was discussing the issues they were having at just getting menus and their drink order taken. The food was OK but nothing special, certainly nothing notable that would get me to overlook the poor service and make another attempt at this restaurant. There are far better experiences in Ogunquit, especially on Shore Rd.
- Oasis in a crowded areaJoe1VIPDined on 7/4/2013Food was very good. Ogunquit is very crowded at this time of the year. But the restaurant food was good and the employees dedicated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the showOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2013We had a reservation - and wanted to have dinner before the show. When we arrived the restaurant was practically empty, which - although nice and quiet, gave me pause to wonder if something was wrong with this place. That fear was quickly erased. We enjoyed a cocktail and the bisque and had some yummy bread followed by our entrees. Dinner was relaxed and still timely - without having to rush to the show, which is something I very much dislike. The server was pleasant and not hovering. This place stays on the "do over" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillDJCGDined on 6/28/2013We had several meals at The Wild Blueberry a coiple hears ago, and they all great! However, this dinner was disappointing. Our waitress was great But the food was underwhelming. The haddock was fishy and the chicken was dry.