Wild Bangkok Bar and Grill
1630 Welton Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Wild Bangkok Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildbangkokbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 3036234999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Paula Rungsawang
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering services for parties of all sizes.
- Entertainment: Live Acoustic Entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Cross Street: 16th Street
- Public Transit: Wild Bangkok Bar and Grill is conveniently located on the 16th Street shuttle route at the 16th and Welton stop. Wild Bangkok is located one block South of the 16th and California light rail stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Wild Bangkok Bar and Grill is conveniently located two blocks east of the Convention Center in downtown Denver at 1630 Welton Street (Welton and 16th Street). Ample metered street parking is available as well as a fee parking lot next to the restaurant.
A word from Wild Bangkok Bar and Grill
Welcome to Wild Bangkok Bar and Grill (Sawadee Krub)! We are pleased to provide healthy, sophisticated Thai Cuisine in an upscale authentic environment daily. Our Executive Chef team brings over thirty years of award winning experience on multiple continents. Our staff comes from throughout Thailand ready to serve you from "the land of smiles". Our furnishings and décor are imported from throughout our native land. Please enjoy our VIP Khantoke dining area, a mainstay in Northern Thailand, available for the first time in our area. Our beef, seafood, chicken and vegetables are always chosen with consideration to health. Much of our food comes from local farms. Our experience is enhanced by an active bar and an exceptional twice daily happy hour featuring $5.00 Thai hors d'oeuvres and two for one draft beer, well drinks and house wine. We are pleased to bring authentic Thai cuisine and culture to our customers and hope that you enjoy many memorable dining experiences with us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wild Bangkok Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Suprise Find!BreeVIPDined on 6/20/2013We had walked by this restaurant a million times but had never gone in. Last night we decided to try it and I could kick myself that we have been missing out on this wonderful place for so long! The food was excellent -- so much flavor and a very nice looking presentation. Our server was exceptional -- came by often, but not too often, to check to see if everything was according to our liking. The mojitos were very tasty and served in large glasses, so a nice bang for the buck. The atmosphere inside the restaurant was wonderful ... somewhat lower lighting, attractive decor, nice background music -- almost made you feel like you were in a supper club. And the prices were great! We will definitely be making this one of our regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodStacieDined on 6/13/2013The food is always delicious and the service was fast!Special Features:
- Thai Downtown - Worth a TryMBinCOLODined on 6/11/2013Unlike most thai restaurants the decor at Wild Bangkok is lush and gorgeous. The lengthy dinner menu contains all of the traditional thai standards in addition to options for those who have timid palates. Our party ordered the appetizer sampler to start. Our favorite from that selection was the Golden Triangles. The Panang Curry with shrimp that I ordered was delicious. I especially appreciated the house blend of rice which was much more flavorful (and healthy) than the standard white rice. Spice levels lean on the mild side. I ordered my dish medium but will try hot next time. I don't often eat dinner downtown, but I think Wild Bangkok will become one of my go-to lunch places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot-Horrible...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/20/2013I rarely right reviews for anything, whether products or restaurants. But this one really deserves a negative review. There 4 of us at the restaurant. On the menu there's a rating of of Mild, Medium, Hot, Thai Hot. Loving spicy food, I got Hot and my fellow diners did as well. It literally took me 3 days to get normal from that meal. So first, shame on me for eating something that I shouldn't have been eating in the first place. However, with everyone at the table visibly uncomfortable and actually in pain, nothing from the staff. After essentially being finished with our meal, the waiter comes by and says, "I've told the kitchen to tone it down." And a companion responds, "A lot of good that does us now." Would never go back.
- Great Thai restaurant if yourTravellerVIPDined on 4/5/2013Great Thai restaurant if your looking for one downtown.
- Very nice option when lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2013Very nice option when looking downtown for dinner and the 16th St. Mall restaurants are packed.Special Features:
- We were impressed by the friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013We were impressed by the friendly, courteous staff, especially our server, who was a gentleman whose name started with 'J' (James? John?). We will be back again in the future!Special Features:
- Location, location, locationgusoDined on 3/29/2013The restaurant provides an enjoyable and modestly priced experience while enjoying a prime location for downtown attractions, including museums, theater and the 16th St. Mall. Serving a nice variety of Thai food, the restaurant could still benefit from improved appetizers. The short wine list is even shorter when they don't have what is on that list. But this is far better than bar food, and has excellent hours and a nice atmosphere for a downtown meal and showing out-of-town visitors around.Special Features:
- Absolutely love this restaurant.QuickReviewVIPDined on 3/23/2013Absolutely love this restaurant. I have had the same server twice in a row now and he is also fantastic-- if you are looking for a fried treat, try the money bags.Special Features:
- Visited Denvber for conferenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013Visited Denvber for conference in city center - only close place nearby was the 16th St "Mall" which is decidely dreadful...tacky bars, franchise cheap restaurants, and an unsafe feel to the place. I hunted to find, on-line, a fairly nice place to take a group of our college students that served ethnic food and was not too expensive. The Wild Bangkok Grill seemed to be the only thing to fit the bill. Ambiance is nice and the wait staff person was great and the non-Thai owner was pleasant and professional. The cocktails were also good. Major problem is that the food was well ugh. Not horrible but definitely barely Thai in flavor. "Moneybags" are good - curries not so much. Okay place in a bad downtown setting.Special Features:
- The best Thai in downtowndiningshamanDined on 3/12/2013The best Thai in downtown Denver and better than average and the service is fantastic but don't expect gourmet. The wine list is weak and the spiciness is more an American scale than a Thai one, but the flavors and quality are good and they do provide a spice rack to enhance the intensities.Special Features:
- Lunch was delicious!RaleighcuisinedinerVIPDined on 3/9/2013Authentic Thai cuisine and excellent service with a view of the activity outside yet a feeling of coziness inside. Modern decor. Attentive staff. Delicious mango salad. Papaya.Special Features:
- Everyone in our party of 10OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/5/2013Everyone in our party of 10 enjoyed their food, and the service was impressive for our large party.
- The Yellow lamb curry wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2013The Yellow lamb curry was fantastic but the appetizers (5280 menu) were lackluster. The almond chicken pad was awesome too.Special Features:
- Overall, the food was veryDavidDined on 2/23/2013Overall, the food was very good but the ambiance was not. Instead of music more appropriate for the surroundings we got top 40 dance hits. The pace of the service was a bit quick... we'd just finished one course when the next one came out. Nevertheless, we'll try this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Very flavorful Thai!!KristenVIPDined on 2/17/2013Great Thai food - the chicken satay, drunken noodles & panang were all super flavorful & delicious!! The spice level could have been hotter(we asked for hot)so if you like spicy, request the Thai spicy spice level. Great!
- Had read mixed reviews butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Had read mixed reviews but decided to give it a shot. Menu items were different then the run of the mill Thai restaurants in Colorado. The duck curry was surprisingly close to Thai taste. The spice heat was just right for those who love the taste of Asian curries. Sizzling seafood dish was nice, fresh and hot; but beware of the hot plate! We liked our complimentary mango tart dessert a lot-not too sweet. Food was well-presented but not too pretentious. This is high praise from someone with a lot of experience with Asian restaurants.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner a lot.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We enjoyed our dinner a lot. The only reason I gave it 3 stars on Ambience was that they gave us the very back table with a wonderful view of the kitchen. I'll just know to specify that I don't want to sit there in the future. We'll be back.
- very nice restaurant closesja54Dined on 2/14/2013very nice restaurant close to the 16th street mall. one of our dishes that was supposed to be spiced "medium" came out quite hot -- otherwise a very nice meal with very good service.
- My husband and I had someOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013My husband and I had some vegetarian fare and cocktails. The mojitos are good (although small), and the Mai Tai tasted like straight liquor. Went here because we had a restaurant.com gift certificate, which made this average joint worth the trouble!Special Features:
- Have eaten there three timesbongomanDined on 2/9/2013Have eaten there three times and have enjoyed each visit.
- Dinner then a showOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013Good spot to hit before an event downtown, early dinner, knock a couple back... One dish was excellent (Curry) one was good (basil). Wine list leaves a little to be desired, but they have a full bar, and the staff attitude is excellent.Special Features:
- We went early on a SaturdayQuickReviewVIPDined on 1/26/2013We went early on a Saturday before the Nuggets game. We used a groupon that got us an appetizer, two entrees and a dessert (only 19$!!). The panang curry is fantastic as is the Taste of Heaven--both red curry based. The portion size is perfect, leftovers if you aren't hungry, the staff is great, the happy hour is great. I would recommend this place ten times over!
- Wild Bangkok is a great findgusoDined on 1/19/2013Wild Bangkok is a great find with tasty dishes and modest prices in the middle of downtown Denver. With longer hours the restaurant/bar is ideal for before or after an event, theater, show or trip to the museum. Although casual, the restaurant has nice ambience. A pet peeve was that the broadly touted two Happy Hours on the website (pictured on the menus which you click for food offerings) were no longer being honored for the website-declared timeframe, and had been crudely scratched out on menus onsite. So great deals on appetizers and drinks were not so great. Appetizers seemed small and basic, wine list not so reasonably priced--compared to the eating menu. But overall a great downtown restaurant.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/9/2013Come here for the convenient downtown location and the decent happy hour. If you want "real" Thai food, go to any of the places along South Federal instead. Consistently mediocre service hinders the overall rating here.
- MediocrityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2012Wild Bankok has a great location but it is wasted by mediocre food and service.
- I have been to Wild BangkokOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/29/2012I have been to Wild Bangkok twice. The restaurant is decorated well, very aesthetically pleasing. The service has been very poor on both occasions, once for lunch and once for dinner. For dinner we had a reservation, but the restaurant was clearly understaffed. The service was extremely slow. At lunch the restaurant was not busy but service was still slow. However, the food is good enough that I would still go back.
- We went for Xmas eve dinnerllrDENVIPDined on 12/24/2012We went for Xmas eve dinner and it was pretty good. There were way too many onions in everything we got from the soups to the entrees. Had good drinks, the papaya salad, liked the ambiance, and service. We will return to try again. We definitely had fun.Special Features:
- Yum Yum!MonkeyMattyVIPDined on 12/21/2012Fabulous service in a great ambiance serving excellent Thai food. Go for the Jungle Curry!!Special Features:
- The food was delicious...IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/18/2012The food was delicious...I highly recommend the Massaman meal with lamb. I couldn't stop raving about it.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dining expereienceJBGBDined on 12/15/2012First time and we enjoyed the restaurant and the food was great. Loved the pumpkin soup. We are planning a return visit later this month.Special Features:
- Great before a DT evening eventOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2012As an Asia-o-phile, I find this dining spot to be absolutely gorgeous with it's over-the-top Thai decor (makes me want to go back to my favorite vacation spot). The food is splendid...the waiter attentive...huge desserts. If I lived downtown, I'd be crossing their threshold weekly, at the very least. (Don't like the pop-rock music piped in, tho.)Special Features:
- Food is spicy and flavorful.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2012Food is spicy and flavorful. Service was good but they don't harass you. And raspberry Saki is the bomb!Special Features:
- Our server was great. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012Our server was great. We arrived at 6 and they were already out of many things... wine, soup, halibut. We used a discount coupon and really enjoyed our meal, but I can't say that I would go back.
- Great Service, Food LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2012The restaurant had many pluses - it catered to gluten free, it had a fun happy hour special and the service was very kind. However, in our party of 8, only a few of us were happy with our meal. One complained that his chicken dish lacked chicken, and another wanted to switch her meal altogether because the dish was nothing like she thought it would be. While the food wasn't great, the staff was eager to please and fix any issues we had which is a huge plus. The prices were reasonable and the ambiance was fun.Special Features:
- I always say, "Wild Bangkok!"OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2012Whenever someone at work says, "I want to take you to lunch" I always say, "Wild Bangkok!"Special Features:
- Weak ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/30/2012Decent food but harried waiters during lunch. Server got order wrong after repeating it twice. Offered 10% off check instead of just comping it. Weak.Special Features:
- WB has always been great!msfunnybonesVIPDined on 10/27/2012We've never ever had a complaint at Wild Bangkok. For the type of restaurant it is, I probably could have given it 5 stars. So the four stars that I gave it is based more on opinion than fact. The fact is that they deliver a great meal that is tasty, authentic, and attractive on the plate. They are always super friendly and helpful with the menu. We will always go again and again. Their black sticky rice for dessert is awesome!Special Features:
- Decent, not outstanding. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2012Decent, not outstanding. Good selection and quality. Things were not overly spicy nor completely bland. Well put together, especially the appetizers.
- Leslie ButenschoenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2012The food was delicious! We had great portions and the staff was great!Special Features: