4123 US 17 Business
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576Neighborhood:
Garden City/Murrells Inlet
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thewickedtuna.com/wicked.php
- Phone: 8436519987
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Wicked Tuna
The Wicked Tuna is the newest and greatest restaurant added to an already awesome restaurant community in Murrells Inlet. We are bringing Asian Sushi as well as big city casual Dining to Murrells Inlet without compromising the traditions and price ranges in Murrells Inlet. We brought you top notch chefs, fantastic cuisine and excellent service to give you a world class experience. We offer the most extensive Fish and Sushi menu in Myrtle Beach and not to mention we have the absolute best view in Murrells Inlet hands down. Welcome to The Wicked Tuna "Murrells Inlet Dining With A Wicked Attitude".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wicked Tuna reviews from OpenTable diners
- 6th visit-2 out of 6 were good..CharlestongalDined on 7/4/2013This was our 6th visit, & 3rd just durring the 4th of July week. We had great service Sunday and Thursday so we returned with out-of-town guests who had never been and really wanted to try it! HUGE let down. We sat at an outdoor table and waited about 20 minutes to even get a server. We brought it to another servers attn & the hostess...20 min later we got one!! My friend got the surf and turf and somehow hers came with the mashed potatoes.. but my scallops did not! Instead they put hard white rice with corn over them as a replacement w/o telling me prior. I would have definitely ordered my 2nd choice knowing this. I complained and she returned with kuskus, which was cold and tasteless. Our sushi never came-we did get charged for it.Special Features:
- A great experienceEdieDined on 7/4/2013We have been to Wicked Tuna 8 times now and every time has been a pleasant experience! The 4th of July was a very busy night there, but we still were seated in a reasonable time frame, with priority seating arrangements! Keim ( not sure of the spelling) the manager, work very closely with our group to get us the outside seating we wanted. He was a pleasure to work with and he made us feel special. I also have to mention a waitress we have had several times there, Tereka, better known as "T". She is efficient and always pleasant! Oh, the menu selection is fabulous, offering a variety of food for everyone, from Sushi to steak and we haven't had a bad meal yet! If you haven't been there, we strongly suggest you go!You will not regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never WentTeresaDined on 7/4/2013Received a phone call morning of reservation and the restaurant told us that they were not taking reservations for that day. Preferred seating only since it was July 4th. Really bad way to do business the morning of the reservation. We made these reservations a month ago. They need to get a hold on how to run things.
- OVER PRICED !!BigtunaDined on 6/30/2013The only place I've seen sushi this expensive is Las Vegas. The food was decent but not worth those prices. The restaurant has the potential to be great, with a great location and view of the inlet , but they need to work on service (which is ridiculous slow) and prices. Definetley don't order sushi and regular food because sushi will come out 30 minutes before a the rest of the food. So you'll be eating your food while the people who ordered off the regular menu sits and watches you.Special Features:
- Worth it ... enjoyed it!beachgoerDined on 6/26/2013Was able to make a reservation the day of for that night. Requested a table outside, and got one, but it was a small bartop in the bar area, not in the actual dining area. We didn't really mind, but the bar area didn't have half of the view the regular dining. The inside was decorated amazingly, and the outside was a good chic feel. We each had a fruit majito, and they were a great beach treat. We only had one, then went back to a local beer, New South. We tried just a regular spicy shrimp roll, which was okay, better than average but not great. We had the south carolina snapper special and it was amazing. Absolutely amazing. Best seafood we had all week by far. Service was good, attentive but not obnoxious. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My third time at Wicked Tuna.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2013My third time at Wicked Tuna. Very good experience.Special Features:
- ChaoticNancydinerDined on 6/21/2013They did not honor the reservation, we left before eating, extremely noisy. Very poor at handling a Saturday crowd.
- Great Spot!PIChickDined on 6/18/2013Great service, great food, great view. Located right on Murrells Inlet marsh and water, the covered porch outdoor dining area was great. Good specials. A little pricey. Recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to Murrells InletPhilliesFanVIPDined on 6/9/2013Really enjoyed sitting outside with the great view of the Inlet. Menu is extensive, with lots of new things to try. Sushi and Fish tacos were great. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoy the place very much.glormilDined on 6/8/2013We enjoy the place very much. They really put a lot of work into the decor. The menu is good but would more grilled seafood not fried. Please bring back the Stir fried lobster with Korean barbecue sauce. Is was not on the menu on saturday. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu - nice wine byOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2013Great menu - nice wine by the glass list - food was great - service was friendly and quick...What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- I did not have the problemsOneLooseThreadVIPDined on 6/6/2013I did not have the problems that others had mentioned. Perhaps that is because I mentioned the comments when I made the reservation. Our waitress was OUTSTANDING. She was new, but, SHE DID A GREAT JOB!!! Yes, I would go back, but, not during a really busy time of the day or year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Management & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2013We booked outside reservations via OpenTable, when we arrived they first sat us inside. Then after telling them we wanted to sit outiside, we had an additional 20 minute wait for our table. Once seated we were never greeted for another 20 minutes until I got up and went and found someone. All managers, hostess and other servers were not observant to the tables. Sushi was good but prices are very high and service was very poor.Special Features:
- Wicked?!?!DocTorVIPDined on 5/21/2013Hoping for a nice evening out with friends, a quiet corner tucked away so we could enjoy some conversation over dinner. Nah. Place was a cacophony of music, chatter, children screaming. Requests for quiet table in reservation were ignored as we were planted at a table for 4 square in the ma-lay of activity. Food came out real slow (we were warned that the Sushi bar was a bit slow). Sushi was OK, nothing Super Wow... not for the prices. Average roll was $16 and on up. We have paid 1/2 that amount for better sushi rolls. Wine by the glass on the other hand was priced correctly. Waitress seemed overwhelmed and a bit dazed. SaleebScale: Food: 5/10, Service 6/10, Overall Average to Fair.Special Features:
- Good food with a great viewglormilDined on 5/21/2013We have been waiting for this new restaurant to open. We are happy to say the food finally equals the great view. The stir fried lobster with korean barbecue sauce was very good. The lobster was very tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I understand we were thereIndyVeg17Dined on 5/21/2013I understand we were there on a holiday weekend, and it was packed. But, the host staff was just plain rude. And, since when does having reservations mean that you still get put on a wait list for 20 minutes? The only high point was the food. Otherwise, the whole experience was one long wait, and an overcrowded mess.
- The chairs were very uncomfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2013The chairs were very uncomfortable and the portions were small for the money. Its just OKSpecial Features:
- Great place!!!DwearDined on 5/18/2013Great place worth the drive from North Myrtle Beach. Wonderful place to eat & hang out.Special Features:
- New restaurant, new waiterFrafirsDined on 5/16/2013New restaurant in the inlet with great views. We had a good dinner, sushi roll for appetizer was excellent and fish entres were prepared well and not overcooked. Some confusion by kitchen and a new waiter made some errors but they were fixed when pointed out. Suspect they will get better after they have been open longer.Special Features:
- Pretty place but.........hate2cookDined on 5/12/2013Online reservation w/window seating made days in advance for Mothers Day. Was told I had no reservation and seated in a booth in the back. Online menu and actual menu way different. Pricey for the amount of food. $25 for 4 scallops and a salad, no other side. Tables and chairs look like any mall food court. Sushi bar best feature. $130 for dinner (excluding tip) for 3. Not worth it. Needs a lot of adjustment if they want to get locals in there during those lean winter months.Special Features:
- Great View But wouldnt go backscgirl84Dined on 5/10/2013When we sat down and the waiter came he seemed very combobulated, and took our drink order, when he returned he told me he was out of the drink I ordered (corona). When he took our food order, he came back and said they were out of Mahi Mahi (keep in mind this is a part seafood restaurant). I ordered a steak and side salad and my side was mashed potatos. The saide salad alone was $6.00 extra dollars which made my meal over $30.00. It was not worth what I paid for. The loudness in the restaurant made you have to almost yell to talk at the table. I have been a waitress before so there was things I could understand but overall it was VERY over priced and the food was nothing with any taste.Special Features:
- Awesome addition to Murrells InletScDinerDined on 5/3/2013Great seafood, awesome sushi & a fabulous atmosphere..... Only complaint it is that you may miss out on something you wanted to eat if you go late. Seems they run out quickly of some popular items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicecastein410Dined on 5/3/2013We waited an hour for our appetizer. Then our main dishes came out right after. The food is ridiculously overpriced. Overall not a good dining experience. I would never go back.
- Not ready for prime timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/29/2013We were warned that they were still in "soft opening" stage . . . and I suspect they will get better. Ceviche had good flavor but was almost mush. Sushi was very good but served late, after my friends were 1/2 through their entrees.