55 West Cherry Street
Walla Walla, WA 99362Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.whitehousecrawford.com/
- Phone: 5095252222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Guerin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is a lovely, airy space with wood paned windows looking into the adjoining Seven Hills Winery Barrel Room. It is a versatile location for both private and corporate events as well as cocktails receptions. Seating is available in various configurations for groups up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Riley 5095252222
- Special Events: Our private dining room is a lovely, airy space with wood paned windows looking into the adjoining Seven Hills Winery Barrel Room. It is a versatile location for both private and corporate events as well as cocktails receptions. Seating is available in various configurations for groups up to 40 people.
A word from Whitehouse-Crawford
Dining at Whitehouse-Crawford is a true Walla Walla experience. Our foods are sourced from local farmers and artisans, our wines from local producers, and the dining space is a unique piece of Walla Walla history.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Whitehouse-Crawford - Best Restaurants in Walla Walla ›
Whitehouse-Crawford reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (74)special occasion (72)fit for foodies (65)romantic (42)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (9)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Third Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014We visited for the third to.emid August 2014. Great tenderloin with delicious reduction. Great service and fantastic desert. Great experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?foodisfunDined on 8/20/2014Having been to Whitehouse Crawford SEVERAL times and having enjoyed ourselves each and every visit, we were sadly disappointed at our last visit. Where did you go, Whitehouse Crawford? Even though the appetizer menu hasn't changed and is still somewhat of a mystery, we would always find something to begin. But unfortunately, nothing sticks out any more! Same goes for the entree menu....and the prices for the quality and presentation just don't add up. The staff is always bubbly and accommodating but the food needs to catch up. If it weren't for one of the valley's best wine lists, you would have to wonder what makes anyone come back. Yes, the dining room is beautiful but the food has somehow diminished. Will be taking a break for awhile.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceKnute000Dined on 8/16/2014Took 30 minutes to get our wine and bread. Excellant beef tenderoin ($39) but requested med/rare came medium and was only warm when served. At this price it should have been served immediately off the grill. Veggie fettuccine was so, so. Nothing to write home about. The best thing on the menu was their homemade carmel ice cream with salt topping. Somewhat simple menue so everything should be done to perfection. Unfortunately, this time the kitchen was off.Special Features:
- Menu ChallengedEat2WellatHomeDined on 8/13/2014We chose Whitehouse-Crawford for a birthday night out. We found the menu limited. We chose to sit in the bar, preferring to select from 'small dishes' available there in the early evening. There were no pescatarian options. The main menu listed only a salmon and pasta entrees - dishes we often have at home. The calamari appetizer and green salads were well prepared but portions seemed small. No bread was offered, our wine was served after the salads arrived. I had to ask for our bill to be adjusted to reflect the happy hour discount for the cocktail and wine ordered from the bar menu. The deserts were quite good. Setting is comfortable and quiet. Friends who eat meat find the food consistently well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walla Walla GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014This is my third visit to Whitehouse Crawford when visiting the WA wine country. As usual, the experience was delectable. The food, service, and atmosphere makes this one of my favorites for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodBirthdayDined on 8/9/2014everything was very good save the service which was outstanding...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Sensory Delight!gizmetteDined on 8/8/2014Dropped into a tastefully renovated lumber mill, the Whitehouse-Crawford was a sensory delight. With a careful remove from the historic elements, the space was designed toward simplicity so that both modern and timelessness formed a sympathetic marriage. With vaulted ceilings, paned glass, and polished floors (old floor joists turned on end and repurposed into the new floor), I anticipated a cacophony of loud voices and dissonant noise. The Whitehouse-Crawford, however, artfully managed the sound so that the space felt vibrant, yet not ear-splitting. Of course, the food was top-notch. Interesting and affordable wine, and novel sleight of hand with my salmon and my husband's hanger steak finished the evening as the perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Probably the Best in Walla WallaThatsmystoryVIPDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant is in an early 1900's saw mill that's been beautifully remade. It was very clean and quite during our visit. The food was cooked perfectly and was served with great eye appeal. There are elements of haute cuisine, but it's also down to earth. The prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Married35Dined on 8/7/2014Attentive, but never intrusive, the staff is obviously well trained and precise in all the things they do. They are very helpful and knowledgeable about all the things their restaurant. They are focused on providing an excellent experience for their customers. Congratulations to them and to their management!Special Features:
- BuzzDined on 8/7/2014The Whitehouse-Crawford is an excellent restaurant, using local foods as much as possible. The service is good and the spot is historic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okAllabouttownDined on 8/7/2014Food was ok but small portion size, especially for the price. Friends had recommended this restaurant to us but I must say we were disappointed overall.
- Great food and wineWineanddineDined on 7/31/2014We received amazing service and food. We had many friends recommend it. It was worth the hype. We can't wait to go again. Wine list was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DaveDined on 7/26/2014White House Crawford is a great restaurant. The wait staff if the best, the food is well prepared and tasty. The price is very spendy, which makes us take this as a special event, instead of us dining there every time we are in Walla Walla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Dining on a Friday EveningLikeToEatOutDined on 7/25/2014The quality and quantity of the food did not match the price. The salmon was old (smelled bad) and was not cooked through. The pork loin (a Costco type cut) was okay. However, the two tablespoons of vegetables per plate seemed as too small to considered as a side. The best was the salted caramel ice cream, it was excellent. My wife who had the salmon is too polite to send the salmon back.
- Happy anniversary25yearcoupleDined on 7/24/2014Nice ambience and whitewashed decor. Such a variety of dress - shorts to dressy. We were kind of stuck in a corner instead of main floor. Great food (steak and pork). Server gave just the right attentionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walla Walla treasurebrook1Dined on 7/23/2014Lovely restaurant in downtown Walla Walla. Locally sourced food and beautiful ambiance. Top notch service and great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine tasting in Walla WallaMBassDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I took my Boss and his wife here for dinner. This was my third time visiting the restaurant. The tenderloin is amazing!! Good pictures and displays explaining the buildings past history. Most tables were full but we were still able to talk and hear each other. Wine list was a little out of date. We look forward to going here once a year while wine tasting in Walla Walla. If you are a meat and potatoes person the tenderloin will not disappoint you. Calamari and our desert was excelent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our best meal in Walla WalladonsreviewDined on 7/16/2014Food was great although portions could have been bigger. Salty caramel ice cream was a hit with all four of us. I thought that the lamb sausage could have been a bit more spicy, but the sauce was excellent. Wife's salmon was a bit overdone but tasty. Calamari portion was way too small for the price. Could use more moderately priced wines on the list, but was a good, well-rounded listSpecial Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Great restaurant with very knowledgable staff. Great food, great wine, what more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at W-CMNfoodieDined on 7/10/2014Wonderful dining experience for our girls wine country getaway last week. We spoke to the innkeeper at Green Gables and she said she was hearing nothing but great reviews from her recent guests, and our limo driver mentioned the same thing. We decided to put their recommendations ahead of a few less positive on-line reviews and I'm glad we did. The ambience was really cool, the cocktails were unique and delicious, wine list fantastic, the menu was varied but not overly shi-shi, the food was excellent and the service was first-class-professional, attentive and friendly. Loved everything about Whitehouse-Crawford and can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Self important and stingy pourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014Let's face it, this is Walla Walla, not NYC. We were dressed for dinner but found the hostess and server a bit cool (officious?). We weren't very hungry -- I confess the burgers were good and the onion fries are fabulous -- but the wine pour was definitely modest. And we asked for and paid for the larger pour. C'mon. . . .
- ExceptionalEeyoreDined on 7/6/2014Our Sunday evening dining experience in celebration of our wedding anniversary, began on a high note when we were greeted by the hostess who could have been a long-lost best friend (yes she really was that nice). It never dropped off from there. Our server, Nate, was pleasant, knowledgeable, and attentive throughout the evening, without hovering. The wine list is fantastic, offering splits, as well as full bottles, of truly superb WA wines, which allowed each of us to choose exactly the varietal we wanted to pair with our meals. The food presentation was beautiful. Portions were perfect. Flavor was awesome. It was an outstanding experience in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapppointing aberration?omnivoreDined on 7/3/2014I have dined here many times and been quite satisfied but this time was very disappointed. I appreciate a leisurely meal - one of the niceties of this restaurant and something to be expected at these prices - but we waited a solid hour after we ordered for our food and the place was not that full. The wait staff seemed poorly trained - our waiter was nervous and was being shadowed by an unkempt and lumbering trainee, and when our food FINALLY came, the person pouring water reached right in front of the waiter just as he was about to serve our plates, instead of waiting until we'd been served. Maybe a little thing, but very noticeable in a restaurant of this quality. Not a good first impression for the Seattle friends I brought with me.Special Features:
- Chef's counterChefscounterDined on 7/3/2014We always eat at the chef's counter where you can watch the chefs prepare the meals and decide what you want to order based on what you see.Special Features:
- Surprise dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014I took my wife her for a surprise dinner and set up a dessert for us. They did an awesome job putting it together and keeping the dessert fresh till dinner. Awesome job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion gatheringDinner4sixDined on 6/28/2014Excellent wine choices and limited but delicious menu, recommended by our B & B proprietors. We were seated near a very exuberant and noisy group of young women celebrating a birthday and/or bachelorette event. We were a more mature group of six celebrating one couple's 45th wedding anniversary. Several diners complained about the noise but the wait staff did not make any effort to ask them to quiet down a bit. In addition we waited nearly an hour between our starters and main courses. This was too long; the waiter seemed inattentive to our table. Good news: our main courses were delicious, which nearly made up for the delay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience at WhitehouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014First of all, both outdoors and indoors, it was immaculately clean. The restaurant has a lovely wide open floor plan with the Chef cooking out in the open to guests. Reservations are a very good idea during busy season. Our waitress Anna was a delight and knowledgeable. The Calamari was impressive. Had the steak and it was expertly done and simple. perfect portion size. Dessert was a treat and a great ending to an amazing meal. And their wine menu has so many various choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemMaddogVIPDined on 6/27/2014After traveling the world in search of great food and wine, I always come back to Whitehouse Crawford when I visit Walla Walla. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- Great foodIslandboyDined on 6/27/2014We were visiting from Hawaii and the Whitehouse was recommended by family who frequent Walla Walla. Our experience was just as they stated. The waitress was very helpful in paring our wine selection for the halibut which was excellent and pork with a cherry sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on Wednesday nightWesternWATraveler2014Dined on 6/25/2014My wife and I had a very pleasant dining experience at the Whitehouse-Crawford Restaurant. First, the restaurant's ambiance was most pleasing. We liked the openness of the dining area in addition to the hardwood floors. The proprietors of the restaurant did a fine job of re-jabbing an old Walla Walla warehouse. Second, our server Joe was excellent. He was friendly, polite, solicitous, and very knowledgeable about the food and wines of W-C. It's our hope that the next time we come to Whitehouse-Crawford that he be our server. Third, our dinner was superb. The food was healthy and had a northwest flavor to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Chef's TableSusanfromSeattleDined on 6/25/2014We sat at the counter overlooking the kitchen on a Wednesday night. Sous Chef Lainie and her crew prepared a fabulous meal before our eyes. Halibut seared on the range and finished in the oven came on a bed of spiced spinach with parsley and cherry tomatoes, an unusual and delicious combination. They cooked my husband's pork a perfect pink, with beautiful spring vegetables and a sauce of whole bing cherries that was to die for. There is a lot of good food and wine in Walla Walla, but Whiehouse Crawford is not to be missed.Special Features:
- A Classic in Walla WallaSFWeekendFunDined on 6/20/2014Whitehouse Crawford was a classic dining experience with great service, a memorable wine list and excellent food. The chef continues to set the bar for fine dining in the the Walla Walla Valley.Special Features:
- Always GreatPjacrouxVIPDined on 6/19/2014Whitehouse-crawford is consistently great. The food is always inventive and perfectly prepared. The service is always attentive and informative. We never miss coming here when we visit Walla Walla.Special Features:
- Must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Whitehouse Crawford has the potential to be ranked amongst Washington State's best restaurants. The location, setting, ambiance, wine list, and expense already place it on the short list for sure- but the menu and food are lacking just enough to disappoint. With a a lamb chop entry and some work on pasta selection as well as presentation and sauce choice they could rise to the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieQDined on 6/6/2014Wonderful meal- especially the fried onions!!!! The Asparagus salad....the duck. The rhubarb crepe....l do go on.....Special Features:
- great mealBobTDined on 6/4/2014We met long lost friends here for dinner. We had a great visit made much better by the excellent food and service. And a beautiful old building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dining experienceWoodiesGoodiesDined on 5/31/2014Our party of six was seated at a round table which really helped the conversation flow. The menu was limited but interesting, the food was good and our waiter was very friendly and helpful. The high ceilings and wide-open space of this historic space made the ambience quite good and we thought the prices were fair. I would recommend it for a special dinner, especially for groups.Special Features:
- timandgeneDined on 5/29/2014Always excellent! From appetizers to dessert everything was unique tasty and absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerDanielVIPDined on 5/26/2014Seated at the "chef's table," a counter overlooking the display kitchen, I saw it all. Ordered a French Pinot Noir, a Salad Frissee au Lardon with Coddled Egg, tender Duck Confit, crisped in a wood-fired oven, to which I added a spicy crepe ("pancake") they were serving with something else, and the best Creme Brule I ever tasted. The service was American friendly, the food was like The French Laundry. This is maybe my fifth visit, this time solo, and it is worth the drive to Walla Walla, Washington every time. Sensational in every way! Already planning a next visit to this fascinating wine country.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014A very nice atmosphere, quiet and comfortable. Food was good but not excellent. Small portions. Would probably try to find another place if in same position next time.