55 West Cherry Street
Walla Walla, WA 99362Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.whitehousecrawford.com/
- Phone: (509) 525-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Guerin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is a lovely, airy space with wood paned windows looking into the adjoining Seven Hills Winery Barrel Room. It is a versatile location for both private and corporate events as well as cocktails receptions. Seating is available in various configurations for groups up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Riley 5095252222
- Special Events: Our private dining room is a lovely, airy space with wood paned windows looking into the adjoining Seven Hills Winery Barrel Room. It is a versatile location for both private and corporate events as well as cocktails receptions. Seating is available in various configurations for groups up to 40 people.
A word from Whitehouse-Crawford
Dining at Whitehouse-Crawford is a true Walla Walla experience. Our foods are sourced from local farmers and artisans, our wines from local producers, and the dining space is a unique piece of Walla Walla history.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Whitehouse-Crawford - Best Restaurants in Walla Walla ›
Whitehouse-Crawford reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (75)notable wine list (74)special occasion (71)romantic (44)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (15)late-night find (8)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Loved the Italian Week MenuGoddessDined on 11/20/2014Please take some of these great dishes and include on your regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- regularsWoodwardVIPDined on 11/16/2014We have been regulars for almost 15 years. It is the best. The menu varies. The food is superb. The service is friendly but not overbearing. This is a place for dining, not fast eating. It is elegant, but not stuffy. Wear your best clothes, or a pair of jeans. The wine list is the best of the Pacific Northwest and of Europe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingkatea12Dined on 11/14/2014Our experience was outstanding as usual. The head chef out did himself with the Italian Week Menu. We were lucky enough to be able to do the 6 course tasting menu with wine pairing. All eight of us enjoyed each course, but the chicken and creamy polenta was by far our favorite. Our server was professional and provided our group with an exceptional dining experience. Whenever we have a special occasion or have the time to drive to Walla Walla, Whitehouse-Crawford is always our number one choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful find in WallaWallafoodsnobVIPDined on 11/9/2014Whitehouse-Crawford is a tastefully restored building with very high ceilings and beautiful attention to architectural detail. Our Waitperson was terrific with great attention to detail and a clear desire to make our visit outstanding. We ordered appetizers for the table that were very well prepared. There is an Asian flair to the food that is quite appealing. My husband and I split the black cod entree. It could have been great but was over salted and a bit soggy. Our friends split the tenderloin which was very good. The wine list is amazing. I finally got to try a Cayuse wine. The restaurant had about 12 of them on their wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holy molyIdyllicIdahoDined on 11/8/2014Calling myself a foodie is not much of a stretch, and having lived in Boston and Seattle and traveled fairly extensively I have been fortunate to have partaken in many great dinners. This matches any of them; truly a top 5 ever experience. The setting is very nice, and our server (Blake) was fantastic. Knowledgable and professional, but even more so, genuine. The entrees were phenomenal: lamb risotto for me and steak for my wife. Both were just perfect. We had a sensational local wine (Seven Hills Pentad, 2012) and then a superb double-baked chocolate cake with salted caramel ice cream. Light crispy crustiness on the outside and almost molten chocolate-ness on the inside. Won't forget it.Special Features:
- Not impressedMomma925VIPDined on 11/7/2014Overpriced. And if you have a larger group, they might MAKE you select from a fixed menu that they select. When we asked for regular menu, they were not flexible-and actually had a "too bad" attitude. Eventually, they gave in when they saw we were there with local winemakers. Nice for the group to have a burger option. Food was just OK. And totally overpriced.
- Reddwine4meOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014The food was delicious, the wine list impressive and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/2/2014Food was outstanding. There were 6 of us placed at a round table..perfect for visiting. All of us were very pleased with our meals and the waiter was outstanding. Just the perfect amount of attention and suggestions. And the restaurant decor was beautiful. A wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect representation of the areascasagraVIPDined on 10/27/2014The restaurant is a perfect representation of the history, as well as the fruits (literally), of Walla Walla. Set in a beautiful, historic wood planing factory, the room is perfectly updated. The service was attentive and welcoming. The menu is a wonderful reflection of what the area has to offer with wonderfully prepared food. Sitting at the Chef's bar and watching was a nice distraction, if you can get the seat. I was by myself and driving, so I was "forced" to order from the wines by the glass list. This list was a wonderful representation of larger, as well as smaller, boutique wineries of the area. Walla Walla is a "must-do" destination for wine/food lovers - this restaurant represents the best of everything in the valley.Special Features:
- Never heard of Whitehouse-CrawfordconfusedDined on 10/27/2014I am sure I have never heard of Whitehouse-Crawford Restaurant yet I received an email from OpenTable.com asking me to review my experience at their restaurant! There must be a computer or database somewhere with its wires crossed.
- getting better evenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014Has been outstanding for more than a decade, but in my opinion getting even better for these reasons. 1. The inclusion at times of classic tastes (not every single preparation copies the rules for fashionable fusion): for example, the very French brown sauce on a wonderfully prepared loin of beef I had recently was as good as I've ever tasted, and this taste extends over many decades. 2. Innovative "fusion" modifications of classic soups and desserts, such as squash soup, sweet-corn ice cream, keep getting more innovative. 3. The wine-by-the-glass prices have tamed a bit (I no longer feel bullied).Special Features:
- Great food, noisy, smokey roomNanaDined on 10/18/2014The food and service are wonderful. The room is really noisy making conversation difficult and the exhaust system isn't adequate to accommodate the amount of food they are putting out. i.e. all of my clothing will need to go to the dry cleaner.Special Features:
- Walla Walla TraditionDnSeatingDined on 10/13/2014We dine at Whitehouse Crawford EVERY time we're in Walla Walla. Jamie and his team make every visit a special occasion and every meal a delicious treat! If you're visiting Walla Walla, this MUST be on your list of things to do!Special Features:
- Spectacular!LanieDined on 10/12/2014The food was beyond our expectations. A friend who has a good feel for quality recommend this restaurant to us while we were visiting in the Walla Walla so we didn't hesitate. Food portion was PERFECT and delicious. Presentation was excellent. Service was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimaginativedksj4Dined on 10/11/2014I was completely underwhelmed by the limited menu, which was accompanied by rather pedestrian preparations. The steaks were good, nothing spectacular (and I expect spectacular for $39). The potatoes were something I could have done...plain and mashed. The salmon was horribly over cooked. The salad was fine, nothing exciting. None of the appetizers caught our eye, so we didn't order any. The chocolate cake was magnificent. The service was attentive, but our server was a bit odd and awkward. We won't be back.Special Features:
- A special place!we3singDined on 10/11/2014We took out-of-town family to Whitehouse-Crawford after a day of wine tasting and before a concert. It was a perfect connection between the two events--relaxing and spacious with an exciting, varied menu that didn't overwhelm, and the service was excellent. The waitstaff was very mindful of our need to shorten our dining experience. We would love to have lingered! Our family was impressed with everything. One can always count on Whitehouse-Crawford for an exquisite dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClarkDDined on 10/10/2014Great restored facility. The food and service were both very good. This was our second visit - the first was 8 years ago - and we enjoyed it both times.Special Features:
- Walla Walla Sweet OnionsMomsDined on 10/5/2014Our light evening meal at Whitehouse-Crawford was delicious! The pre-fixe salad with heritage tomatoes and cold rare fillet steak was a perfect size for a small entree. Complimenting it were Walla Walla Sweets grizzled Fried Onion Rings...unequivocally the best I have ever experienced. The onions have been the gastronomical highlight of our wine tasting tour of Walla Walla!Special Features:
- Outstanding food, altho busyrocky0518Dined on 10/4/2014Unique setting in restored lumber planing mill, right next to Seven Hills Winery and tasting room. Excellently prepared Coho salmon, and very tasty sweet onion rings for a starter. Wide choices for wine. Staff called earlier in the day to confirm reservation, so no worries about getting seated on time. Was busy but enough space between tables to allow for conversation. This was NOT the case at Saffron and T Maccarones in previous nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine and spaceMartyDined on 10/1/2014Extensive wine list with much more than just Walla Walla wines. Located in a beautiful, historic building. The very high ceiling kept noise to a minimum. Excellent food-- I had a cheese plate starter with three delicious goat cheeses. My beef tenderloin with a red wine sauce was perfect. My husband said his foie gras was one of the best preparations of that dish he has ever had. His entree was a flat iron steak with cojita cheese that was great. With the generous portion sizes we were too full for dessert but enjoyed a yummy grappa.Special Features:
- Best Ice Cream ComboOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Sweet Corn (seasonal) with Salted Carmel (signature) ice cream. The combination, a bite of each together created the taste of carmel corn! Yummy!Special Features:
- AwesomeGroup60Dined on 9/27/2014This was one of our best dining experiences ever! The portions were perfect, ingredients super fresh and perfectly seasoned. I had the flat iron steak and my husband had pasta. The were both excellent, as were our desserts. This is a consistent winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious CuisineMfdhappyDined on 9/26/2014Artfully prepared food using premium ingredients. From the foie gras appetizer through the flat iron steak entree to the plum sorbet dessert, every bite was memorable. Great service and ambiance, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service disappointingRMMillerDined on 9/25/2014THe food was very good. The service started out ok but deteriorated. It took almost 45 mins before we had our dinners. Though, at the beginning of the wait, the waiter apologized - it drug on and on without any notice from the waitstaff. It wasn't even that busy. It was a Thursday night.Special Features:
- OK BUTRBWDDined on 9/25/2014This is our. 2nd visit, First was 4 years ago. The menu we sware seemed the same with no special entre for the evening. The salmon was perfect, but we are from the NW we eat a lot of salmon- I just couldn't find an entre that excited me. So on our next visit we will explore another venu as much as we enjoy the building housing Whitehouse-Crawford and the atmosphere. Roberta from SpokaneSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and service70isthenew50Dined on 9/25/2014Pleasant setting...great food...welcoming staff...a wonderful place for our anniversary dinner. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Walla Walla's GreatsJamesDined on 9/21/2014We make it to this restaurant everytime we visit Walla Walla (about 3 times a year). Usually a great evening of great food and wine selection with only one bump in the road over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good but too many misstepsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Nice place, subdued lighting and low noise, and cool building history. We have been here before and looked forward to a special anniversary dinner. Service was mostly prompt, but kept waiting for the appetizer that never showed up. My wife's loin pork chop was nicely cooked and quite good (she shared). Biggest disappointment was the pasta with sweet corn and chanterelles, which should never have left the kitchen. It was way too hot and the pesto separated, causing the oil to drain and the now dry basil left clumped on top. The first couple bites tasted okay but the mushrooms were very hard and dried out. I just couldn't eat it. They comped that dish, but by then my appetite was gone. Too bad...
- Overall great night w/1 exceptiontenbeers67Dined on 9/15/2014The food was a 10. Our server was a 10. The exception was the time we had to wait to get our initial drink order. We ordered drinks and an appetizer at the same time. The appetizer was served prior to the drinks. We asked twice about the drinks. We completed our appetizer before we ever received our drink order. NOT GOOD. Our server did apologize and gave us a small glass of sparkling wine to make up for the bartenders' terrible service. As a footnote there were only 6 other people in the restaurant at the time we ordered/waited. It should not have taken over 20 minutes to get a simple mixed drink. Bartender gets a 0 for service. He cost the restaurant a 5 star rating across the board!Special Features:
- OverpricedWinoNHDined on 9/14/2014Our meals were great and the wine selection was excellent, but service was not attentive for this level restaurant and food was overpriced. However, this is probably one of the best, if not the best, restaurant for 40 miles or more.Special Features:
- Modern eleganceFoodnutDined on 9/14/2014Whitehouse-Crawford has delicious food with excellent service. We were there on a Sunday night. It was busy but not hectic. I had the flat iron steak and my husband also had a beef dish. We split the twice baked chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert. I would go back again and order the same food it was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was luke-warmSadfaceVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were sadly disappointed by the temperature of our food. Our steaks arrived tepid, the accompanying potatoes were cool, and the overall flavor was severely diminished by the lack of warmth. Of all the places we dined in Walla Walla during our week-long stay, this was the least satisfying - and most expensive. Very sad.Special Features:
- How not to treat customersPapaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Had a minor weight when we arrived but no ig deal. Order meal and 3 of 4 had to be sent back because over cooked. 1 person either had to eat while the other watched or let the food go cold. 2nd try meal better but first person now finished watching the others eat. No offer to compensate, not even a free desert. We won't go back
- A Must Stop in Walla WallaBillDined on 9/12/2014This is one of the best restaurants in a small town with a surprisingly excellent restaurant scene. The restaurant is in an old planning mill which has been beautifully redone. My wife and I split the pork loin which was excellent.My only complaint is while the wine list was an extensive selection from local wineries, they were a bit over priced. Overall, I would recommend The Whitehouse-Crawford if you're in Walla Walla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 10GRBIDined on 9/12/2014We have been to Whitehouse Crawford several times before, with mixed results. Food and service was excellent with parties of 6 or less. On our recent visit on Friday, 9/12/14, we were excited to be at WHC with a group of friends after a wonderful meal last year with one other couple. We waited nearly an hour between the salad and entree courses, with no comment or interaction with the wait staff. While the food was flavorful and well presented, the food was room temperature at best. Disappointing...We will probably give it another chance based on previous experiences there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst service ever!Frequenteater007Dined on 9/10/2014Our party of six were recommended to go to the Whitehouse Crawford and we made a reservation many days in advance. When we dined there we were ignored by the service staff and after finally ordering our food took over an hour to table. It was such a shame. I would never recommend this restaurant. If you are in Walla Walla downtown then eat at The Marcus Whitman or one of the great little places on MainStreet. Meg
- Fabulous mealLBG54Dined on 9/10/2014The four of us took the booking on the advice of someone who had been there. I read the reviews. It exceeded the reviews and the rec. The meal and service were the best we had in Walla Walla. The menu, which changes regularly, had interesting choice that turned out great. It is well worth the visit.Special Features:
- Disappointed!cacti1VIPDined on 9/8/2014Architectural gem. Service was somewhat slow despite being a Monday night. Heirloom tomato salad was short on tomatoes (2 very thin slices under a bed of greens accompanied by 2 small grape tomatoes sliced in half). Calamari app was excellent--very fresh, lightly battered and the Thai dipping sauce was extremely tasty. Entrees were OK, nothing great. My flatiron steak was tender and tasty but could have had more spice. Wife's beef tenderloin was rather bland. Unfortunately, she had ordered the pork loin but server misunderstood and brought the beef. He offered to change it out but we were limited on time so she kept it. He made no adjustment to bill for the difference in price $39 vs. 29!!
- Don't go herelmmbDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant was recommended highly by hotel staff when asked for reservation ideas. Checked out their website and it looked historic, high end and what seemed perfect for a special occasion dinner (anniversary). We were really looking forward to it but were unfortunately highly disappointed. For an anniversary reservation we were closely seated between two other couple tables with my husband facing a blank wall. Our waiter was not qualified to be working at this restaurant nor knowledgeable about wine availability. Our wine and appetizer arrived three minutes before our entrees. Not only was it an uninviting atmosphere but the timing was so off on everything we couldn't wait to get out of there. Pasta was good, pork dish was not.
- FoodBear11foodbearDined on 9/1/2014I was looking forward to an exceptional dinner and hadn't been back in over 4 years. Was SO very pleased that the delightful service, delicious menu and devine ambience were all still first class! The thin and crispy onion ring appetizer must be shared - but only w someone very special. The pork tenderloin was both tender and trim, but the chutney added just the right hint of fall to come. Most astonishing were the fresh vegetable medley in which each type of vegetable was cooked to that perfect level of snap and still cooked. The chocolate dessert added a perfect finale to my dinner. Cannot wait four years to return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.