55 West Cherry Street
Walla Walla, WA 99362Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.whitehousecrawford.com/
- Phone: 5095252222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Guerin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is a lovely, airy space with wood paned windows looking into the adjoining Seven Hills Winery Barrel Room. It is a versatile location for both private and corporate events as well as cocktails receptions. Seating is available in various configurations for groups up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Riley 5095252222
- Special Events: Our private dining room is a lovely, airy space with wood paned windows looking into the adjoining Seven Hills Winery Barrel Room. It is a versatile location for both private and corporate events as well as cocktails receptions. Seating is available in various configurations for groups up to 40 people.
A word from Whitehouse-Crawford
Dining at Whitehouse-Crawford is a true Walla Walla experience. Our foods are sourced from local farmers and artisans, our wines from local producers, and the dining space is a unique piece of Walla Walla history.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Whitehouse-Crawford - Best Restaurants in Walla Walla ›
Whitehouse-Crawford reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)notable wine list (80)special occasion (78)romantic (51)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (16)late-night find (11)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- getting better evenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014Has been outstanding for more than a decade, but in my opinion getting even better for these reasons. 1. The inclusion at times of classic tastes (not every single preparation copies the rules for fashionable fusion): for example, the very French brown sauce on a wonderfully prepared loin of beef I had recently was as good as I've ever tasted, and this taste extends over many decades. 2. Innovative "fusion" modifications of classic soups and desserts, such as squash soup, sweet-corn ice cream, keep getting more innovative. 3. The wine-by-the-glass prices have tamed a bit (I no longer feel bullied).Special Features:
- Great food, noisy, smokey roomNanaDined on 10/18/2014The food and service are wonderful. The room is really noisy making conversation difficult and the exhaust system isn't adequate to accommodate the amount of food they are putting out. i.e. all of my clothing will need to go to the dry cleaner.Special Features:
- Walla Walla TraditionDnSeatingDined on 10/13/2014We dine at Whitehouse Crawford EVERY time we're in Walla Walla. Jamie and his team make every visit a special occasion and every meal a delicious treat! If you're visiting Walla Walla, this MUST be on your list of things to do!Special Features:
- Spectacular!LanieDined on 10/12/2014The food was beyond our expectations. A friend who has a good feel for quality recommend this restaurant to us while we were visiting in the Walla Walla so we didn't hesitate. Food portion was PERFECT and delicious. Presentation was excellent. Service was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimaginativedksj4Dined on 10/11/2014I was completely underwhelmed by the limited menu, which was accompanied by rather pedestrian preparations. The steaks were good, nothing spectacular (and I expect spectacular for $39). The potatoes were something I could have done...plain and mashed. The salmon was horribly over cooked. The salad was fine, nothing exciting. None of the appetizers caught our eye, so we didn't order any. The chocolate cake was magnificent. The service was attentive, but our server was a bit odd and awkward. We won't be back.Special Features:
- A special place!we3singDined on 10/11/2014We took out-of-town family to Whitehouse-Crawford after a day of wine tasting and before a concert. It was a perfect connection between the two events--relaxing and spacious with an exciting, varied menu that didn't overwhelm, and the service was excellent. The waitstaff was very mindful of our need to shorten our dining experience. We would love to have lingered! Our family was impressed with everything. One can always count on Whitehouse-Crawford for an exquisite dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014Great restored facility. The food and service were both very good. This was our second visit - the first was 8 years ago - and we enjoyed it both times.Special Features:
- Walla Walla Sweet OnionsMomsDined on 10/5/2014Our light evening meal at Whitehouse-Crawford was delicious! The pre-fixe salad with heritage tomatoes and cold rare fillet steak was a perfect size for a small entree. Complimenting it were Walla Walla Sweets grizzled Fried Onion Rings...unequivocally the best I have ever experienced. The onions have been the gastronomical highlight of our wine tasting tour of Walla Walla!Special Features:
- Outstanding food, altho busyrocky0518Dined on 10/4/2014Unique setting in restored lumber planing mill, right next to Seven Hills Winery and tasting room. Excellently prepared Coho salmon, and very tasty sweet onion rings for a starter. Wide choices for wine. Staff called earlier in the day to confirm reservation, so no worries about getting seated on time. Was busy but enough space between tables to allow for conversation. This was NOT the case at Saffron and T Maccarones in previous nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine and spaceMartyDined on 10/1/2014Extensive wine list with much more than just Walla Walla wines. Located in a beautiful, historic building. The very high ceiling kept noise to a minimum. Excellent food-- I had a cheese plate starter with three delicious goat cheeses. My beef tenderloin with a red wine sauce was perfect. My husband said his foie gras was one of the best preparations of that dish he has ever had. His entree was a flat iron steak with cojita cheese that was great. With the generous portion sizes we were too full for dessert but enjoyed a yummy grappa.Special Features:
- Best Ice Cream ComboOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Sweet Corn (seasonal) with Salted Carmel (signature) ice cream. The combination, a bite of each together created the taste of carmel corn! Yummy!Special Features:
- AwesomeGroup60Dined on 9/27/2014This was one of our best dining experiences ever! The portions were perfect, ingredients super fresh and perfectly seasoned. I had the flat iron steak and my husband had pasta. The were both excellent, as were our desserts. This is a consistent winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious CuisineMfdhappyDined on 9/26/2014Artfully prepared food using premium ingredients. From the foie gras appetizer through the flat iron steak entree to the plum sorbet dessert, every bite was memorable. Great service and ambiance, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service disappointingRMMillerDined on 9/25/2014THe food was very good. The service started out ok but deteriorated. It took almost 45 mins before we had our dinners. Though, at the beginning of the wait, the waiter apologized - it drug on and on without any notice from the waitstaff. It wasn't even that busy. It was a Thursday night.Special Features:
- OK BUTRBWDDined on 9/25/2014This is our. 2nd visit, First was 4 years ago. The menu we sware seemed the same with no special entre for the evening. The salmon was perfect, but we are from the NW we eat a lot of salmon- I just couldn't find an entre that excited me. So on our next visit we will explore another venu as much as we enjoy the building housing Whitehouse-Crawford and the atmosphere. Roberta from SpokaneSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and service70isthenew50Dined on 9/25/2014Pleasant setting...great food...welcoming staff...a wonderful place for our anniversary dinner. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Walla Walla's GreatsJamesDined on 9/21/2014We make it to this restaurant everytime we visit Walla Walla (about 3 times a year). Usually a great evening of great food and wine selection with only one bump in the road over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good but too many misstepsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Nice place, subdued lighting and low noise, and cool building history. We have been here before and looked forward to a special anniversary dinner. Service was mostly prompt, but kept waiting for the appetizer that never showed up. My wife's loin pork chop was nicely cooked and quite good (she shared). Biggest disappointment was the pasta with sweet corn and chanterelles, which should never have left the kitchen. It was way too hot and the pesto separated, causing the oil to drain and the now dry basil left clumped on top. The first couple bites tasted okay but the mushrooms were very hard and dried out. I just couldn't eat it. They comped that dish, but by then my appetite was gone. Too bad...
- Overall great night w/1 exceptiontenbeers67Dined on 9/15/2014The food was a 10. Our server was a 10. The exception was the time we had to wait to get our initial drink order. We ordered drinks and an appetizer at the same time. The appetizer was served prior to the drinks. We asked twice about the drinks. We completed our appetizer before we ever received our drink order. NOT GOOD. Our server did apologize and gave us a small glass of sparkling wine to make up for the bartenders' terrible service. As a footnote there were only 6 other people in the restaurant at the time we ordered/waited. It should not have taken over 20 minutes to get a simple mixed drink. Bartender gets a 0 for service. He cost the restaurant a 5 star rating across the board!Special Features:
- OverpricedWinoNHDined on 9/14/2014Our meals were great and the wine selection was excellent, but service was not attentive for this level restaurant and food was overpriced. However, this is probably one of the best, if not the best, restaurant for 40 miles or more.Special Features:
- Modern eleganceFoodnutDined on 9/14/2014Whitehouse-Crawford has delicious food with excellent service. We were there on a Sunday night. It was busy but not hectic. I had the flat iron steak and my husband also had a beef dish. We split the twice baked chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert. I would go back again and order the same food it was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was luke-warmSadfaceVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were sadly disappointed by the temperature of our food. Our steaks arrived tepid, the accompanying potatoes were cool, and the overall flavor was severely diminished by the lack of warmth. Of all the places we dined in Walla Walla during our week-long stay, this was the least satisfying - and most expensive. Very sad.Special Features:
- How not to treat customersPapaDined on 9/12/2014Had a minor weight when we arrived but no ig deal. Order meal and 3 of 4 had to be sent back because over cooked. 1 person either had to eat while the other watched or let the food go cold. 2nd try meal better but first person now finished watching the others eat. No offer to compensate, not even a free desert. We won't go back
- A Must Stop in Walla WallaBillDined on 9/12/2014This is one of the best restaurants in a small town with a surprisingly excellent restaurant scene. The restaurant is in an old planning mill which has been beautifully redone. My wife and I split the pork loin which was excellent.My only complaint is while the wine list was an extensive selection from local wineries, they were a bit over priced. Overall, I would recommend The Whitehouse-Crawford if you're in Walla Walla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 10GRBIDined on 9/12/2014We have been to Whitehouse Crawford several times before, with mixed results. Food and service was excellent with parties of 6 or less. On our recent visit on Friday, 9/12/14, we were excited to be at WHC with a group of friends after a wonderful meal last year with one other couple. We waited nearly an hour between the salad and entree courses, with no comment or interaction with the wait staff. While the food was flavorful and well presented, the food was room temperature at best. Disappointing...We will probably give it another chance based on previous experiences there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst service ever!Frequenteater007Dined on 9/10/2014Our party of six were recommended to go to the Whitehouse Crawford and we made a reservation many days in advance. When we dined there we were ignored by the service staff and after finally ordering our food took over an hour to table. It was such a shame. I would never recommend this restaurant. If you are in Walla Walla downtown then eat at The Marcus Whitman or one of the great little places on MainStreet. Meg
- Fabulous mealLBG54Dined on 9/10/2014The four of us took the booking on the advice of someone who had been there. I read the reviews. It exceeded the reviews and the rec. The meal and service were the best we had in Walla Walla. The menu, which changes regularly, had interesting choice that turned out great. It is well worth the visit.Special Features:
- Disappointed!cacti1VIPDined on 9/8/2014Architectural gem. Service was somewhat slow despite being a Monday night. Heirloom tomato salad was short on tomatoes (2 very thin slices under a bed of greens accompanied by 2 small grape tomatoes sliced in half). Calamari app was excellent--very fresh, lightly battered and the Thai dipping sauce was extremely tasty. Entrees were OK, nothing great. My flatiron steak was tender and tasty but could have had more spice. Wife's beef tenderloin was rather bland. Unfortunately, she had ordered the pork loin but server misunderstood and brought the beef. He offered to change it out but we were limited on time so she kept it. He made no adjustment to bill for the difference in price $39 vs. 29!!
- Don't go herelmmbDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant was recommended highly by hotel staff when asked for reservation ideas. Checked out their website and it looked historic, high end and what seemed perfect for a special occasion dinner (anniversary). We were really looking forward to it but were unfortunately highly disappointed. For an anniversary reservation we were closely seated between two other couple tables with my husband facing a blank wall. Our waiter was not qualified to be working at this restaurant nor knowledgeable about wine availability. Our wine and appetizer arrived three minutes before our entrees. Not only was it an uninviting atmosphere but the timing was so off on everything we couldn't wait to get out of there. Pasta was good, pork dish was not.
- FoodBear11foodbearDined on 9/1/2014I was looking forward to an exceptional dinner and hadn't been back in over 4 years. Was SO very pleased that the delightful service, delicious menu and devine ambience were all still first class! The thin and crispy onion ring appetizer must be shared - but only w someone very special. The pork tenderloin was both tender and trim, but the chutney added just the right hint of fall to come. Most astonishing were the fresh vegetable medley in which each type of vegetable was cooked to that perfect level of snap and still cooked. The chocolate dessert added a perfect finale to my dinner. Cannot wait four years to return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryClementinesCackleberriesDined on 8/30/2014We wanted to celebrate our 11th year anniversary at one of the restaurants that we supply our special chicken eggs to. We were very pleased with the crispy sweet onions, salmon, whole wheat fetticini, and the ice cream was to die for. Thanks for the great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Great DinnerdandjolyDined on 8/22/2014We visited for the third to.emid August 2014. Great tenderloin with delicious reduction. Great service and fantastic desert. Great experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?foodisfunDined on 8/20/2014Having been to Whitehouse Crawford SEVERAL times and having enjoyed ourselves each and every visit, we were sadly disappointed at our last visit. Where did you go, Whitehouse Crawford? Even though the appetizer menu hasn't changed and is still somewhat of a mystery, we would always find something to begin. But unfortunately, nothing sticks out any more! Same goes for the entree menu....and the prices for the quality and presentation just don't add up. The staff is always bubbly and accommodating but the food needs to catch up. If it weren't for one of the valley's best wine lists, you would have to wonder what makes anyone come back. Yes, the dining room is beautiful but the food has somehow diminished. Will be taking a break for awhile.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceKnute000Dined on 8/16/2014Took 30 minutes to get our wine and bread. Excellant beef tenderoin ($39) but requested med/rare came medium and was only warm when served. At this price it should have been served immediately off the grill. Veggie fettuccine was so, so. Nothing to write home about. The best thing on the menu was their homemade carmel ice cream with salt topping. Somewhat simple menue so everything should be done to perfection. Unfortunately, this time the kitchen was off.Special Features:
- Menu ChallengedEat2WellatHomeDined on 8/13/2014We chose Whitehouse-Crawford for a birthday night out. We found the menu limited. We chose to sit in the bar, preferring to select from 'small dishes' available there in the early evening. There were no pescatarian options. The main menu listed only a salmon and pasta entrees - dishes we often have at home. The calamari appetizer and green salads were well prepared but portions seemed small. No bread was offered, our wine was served after the salads arrived. I had to ask for our bill to be adjusted to reflect the happy hour discount for the cocktail and wine ordered from the bar menu. The deserts were quite good. Setting is comfortable and quiet. Friends who eat meat find the food consistently well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walla Walla GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014This is my third visit to Whitehouse Crawford when visiting the WA wine country. As usual, the experience was delectable. The food, service, and atmosphere makes this one of my favorites for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodBirthdayDined on 8/9/2014everything was very good save the service which was outstanding...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Sensory Delight!gizmetteDined on 8/8/2014Dropped into a tastefully renovated lumber mill, the Whitehouse-Crawford was a sensory delight. With a careful remove from the historic elements, the space was designed toward simplicity so that both modern and timelessness formed a sympathetic marriage. With vaulted ceilings, paned glass, and polished floors (old floor joists turned on end and repurposed into the new floor), I anticipated a cacophony of loud voices and dissonant noise. The Whitehouse-Crawford, however, artfully managed the sound so that the space felt vibrant, yet not ear-splitting. Of course, the food was top-notch. Interesting and affordable wine, and novel sleight of hand with my salmon and my husband's hanger steak finished the evening as the perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Probably the Best in Walla WallaThatsmystoryVIPDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant is in an early 1900's saw mill that's been beautifully remade. It was very clean and quite during our visit. The food was cooked perfectly and was served with great eye appeal. There are elements of haute cuisine, but it's also down to earth. The prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Married35Dined on 8/7/2014Attentive, but never intrusive, the staff is obviously well trained and precise in all the things they do. They are very helpful and knowledgeable about all the things their restaurant. They are focused on providing an excellent experience for their customers. Congratulations to them and to their management!Special Features: