White Oak Tavern - Brooklyn
138 Smith Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
White Oak Tavern - Brooklyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 7188588130x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday to Saturday 5PM to 12AM
Sunday to Tuesday 5PM TO 11PM
Saturday & Sunday brunch 11AM TO 3:30
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from White Oak Tavern - Brooklyn
White Oak - Brooklyn is a new restaurant in Carroll Gardens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
White Oak Tavern - Brooklyn reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- disappointingsusanVIPDined on 10/17/2014My daughter and her husband went to White Oak when it first opened and liked it. The menu has shrunk and the food was meh.
- cute spot!SugarMagVIPDined on 10/5/2014Had a nice brunch here last Sunday - this quaint Tavern is lovely! Exposed brick walls and gorgeous refinished oak floors with a sweet brick patio out back for outdoor dining. The brunch menu is small but the dishes are delicious! Their version of eggs benedict has smoked salmon instead of Canadian bacon and is spectacular! The bloodiest are also delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar staff, great food!LMilesDined on 9/25/2014This is my second visit to this restaurant and I was glad to find that the food was again delicious and the welcome staff and bartender were really friendly and attentive. Our waiter (different from first visit) was also friendly, but he was not particularly attentive. My last visit there I felt like our waiter was distracted, I'm not sure that this was the case this time. I guess the food prep and location of the kitchen make the arrival of the food take a bit longer, which is okay. But it would be nice if the waiter checked in on us more frequently and gave updates so we don't feel forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, friendly serviceLMilesDined on 9/11/2014From the host to the bartender to our waiter, the service was friendly and welcoming. The service with the food was fine but a little sluggish. The food was absolutely delicious, great portions, and there was a wonderful drink menu. I will be back there for sure.Special Features:
- IMARVIPDined on 8/23/2014Read good reviews and was expecting exceptional meal. Food was good however server was a bit strange as everything we ordered he indicated was light with a lot of salad? We asked him what the alternative was and he had no response. When we first got there, the a/c was blasting and we had to ask them several times to shut it off or we would have to leave as it felt like a meat locker. They finally were able to control the a/c temperature. Again food was good but two in our party complained about the amount of pepper (in pasta and chicken). The server asked whether they would like him to "wipe it off"??Special Features:
- RobertEVIPDined on 8/16/2014The garden area for brunch is a great setting. The food was excellent and the wait staff and management were very welcoming. I would recommend this restaurant highly!Special Features:
- Fantastic Service at new gemGusssDined on 8/5/2014Great service from the host to the waiter to the bartender. Our waiter, David, took the time to walk us through the entire menu and make recommendations. The food was delicious and the staff could not be more welcoming. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Could be a lot betterbelgaschuDined on 8/5/2014All in all, this was promising in the reviews...but it really failed to deliver. The location and back garden itself is really charming. But that's where it stopped. The service was lackluster at best. The menu was limited and relatively uninspired. The wine list is pedestrian. Furthermore, the tables in the garden seating were - not kidding - card tables. My wine and water glasses kept sliding to the middle of the table. They were unstable. There were very few tables occupied. Just a few doors down at another French bistro there was standing room only.Special Features:
- One of the best on Smith StLisaGDined on 7/25/2014Came here Friday night for dinner with two friends. Sat inside but did notice there is a lovely outdoor backyard eating area. Got the gnocchi app to start which was to die for!! We actually ordered two servings it was THAT good. For entrees my friend and I each ordered the NY strip. It was cooked to perfection, juicy and full of flavor. Other friend ordered the fresh fettuccini which looked great and she loved it. Overall everything was perfect and I will certainly return especially for brunch in that great outdoor space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1 reviews are from the White Oak Tavern - Brooklyn reviews archive.
- Fantastico chicken liver pateGourmandVIPDined on 6/10/2014Top notch appetizer - worth the detour on the way home for that generously portioned dish - steak cooked to perfection - great beer selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.