White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails
270 Peachtree St.
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.whiteoakkitchen.com/
- Phone: (404) 524-7200
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open every night til 11:00pm or later
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Timothy Magee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails
White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails features chef-inspired cuisine using ingredients fresh from the Southern region. The hospitality and ambiance are locally inspired and crafted, and the cocktails and wines are classic yet fresh. Let our hospitality lift you up!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)good for groups (42)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (18)hot spot (18)romantic (18)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (15)scenic view (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Top quality food and service.rgarrettDined on 11/15/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. The entire experience was great. Our waiter was exceptional. I had the special which was a barbecue sampler plate and a side of the collard greens., which was the recommendation of our awesome waiter. My wife ordered the steak with a request for a different side which was readily accommodated. The food was absolutely delicious. The portions were just right, leaving us room to share the fried blueberry pie. Overall this was one of the best dining experiences we have had in the 4 years we have lived in the Atlanta area. The price is not cheap, but appropriate for this level of quality. We will definitely go back. Negatives: The lighting was too dim causing difficulty reading the menu. The seating is unnecessarily close. We got to listen to the dinner conversation of the couples seated to each side of us. Didn't feel comfortable having our own conversation. The valet parking is slow due to the distance that they have to park your car and the one-way streets mean that it takes awhile to retrieve your car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauraTravelingFishVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had a lovely southern dinner on our first night in town. Our server took the time to explain the menu and philosophy of the restaurant. They strive to use local ingredients and even grow their own herbs and some veggies on their deck. The decor is cool too with lots of reclaimed building materials. Check it out!Special Features:
- Just As Good As I'd HopemarcoliusVIPDined on 11/7/2014Really nice Southern food with creative modern twists. Wanted to try everything on the menu.Special Features:
- Visit on 11/4/2014JDK69Dined on 11/4/2014Food was good - steak had to be re-fired due to wrong temp Service was poor. The servers use a 3 person style of service, we only saw one server during my 1:45 min ordeal here. Simply put, will never return or recommendSpecial Features:
- Great upscale local experienceJustAnotherSalesGuyDined on 10/30/2014Cool place. Great food. It was hard to choose what to have from the farm-to-table menu. I wish I remembered my server's name because she was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOTfanOnTheRoadVIPDined on 10/28/2014In Atlanta for a conference. Took my "southern" co-worker to this restaurant based on Open Table reviews and was not disappointed. The food and service were excellent. So good that my co-worker went back for dinner a second time. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- BBQ is amazing.SouthernGirl2015Dined on 10/21/2014The BBQ appetizer is so good, and was unexpected! Many artisan cocktails. Nice twist on southern style dishes. Will definitely go back. Great place to take clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown dining spotSeattleiteDined on 10/20/2014Had a great time dining here twice while we were attending a conference. Loved the large open room and beautiful bar. Meals were great, fantastic cocktails, and good service. Despite the service being a bit slow the second time we were there, everything was perfect. Definitely worth checking out, especially if you are in town for a conference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A HitMastersDined on 10/20/2014My friend and I were visiting the Atlanta and finished off the trip with lunch here, what a hit. A must if you are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/19/2014In town for a conference; Needed somewhere close to convention center. Fabulous in every was from the highly attentive and specific service to the terrific food. Grouper was delicious; pork shank to die for. Many at the table enjoyed the fried pimento cheese. Excellent wine selection. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern American DiningMeg11Dined on 10/18/2014Beautiful, open atmosphere with friendly, attentive service. The Beignets are not to be missed! An overall lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Experienceshester23Dined on 10/17/2014I was in Atlanta for a conference and my colleagues and I wanted to experience fine dining at a semi-reasonable price. White Oak Kitchen fit that bill and more than delivered. The service was fantastic (we requested separate bills and then separate alcohol and food tabs) and the atmosphere was sophisticated without being staunch. Most importantly the food was delicious. The cocktails were wonderful and reasonably priced. If I'm ever in Atlanta again, I will definitely be stopping here.Special Features:
- First White Oakfirsttimer01Dined on 10/11/2014Service was very slow,over priced for the food items,would not good back!or recommend
- Great night outDoctorQDined on 10/9/2014I brought a group of 10 physician colleagues from Denmark. We were very happy with the experience. Service was great and the menu outstanding. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014Great casual dining in a modern atmosphere with high quality food and amazing service. Good selection of ales as well.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary Dinner!TheTruthandNothingButDined on 10/4/2014I don't know if we picked a non-happening weekend to attend this restaurant but it wasn't crowded or loud at all, which made for a very romantic evening. There is an excellent view of downtown. The waiter was the greatest waiter I've ever had. He was so knowledgeable about every single item on the menus. The cocktails were delicious and the all of the food was perfect! The food was also reasonably priced. I could see myself visiting this establishment on a regular basis! If you're ever staying in a hotel downtown, please take the walk to this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Oak KitchenmarzmystDined on 9/28/2014Great place, great service, amazing food and drinks. Very happy with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!AcDmdDined on 9/27/2014Great food & amazing customer service! We had never been to Atlanta before and booked this restaurant online to celebrate our wedding anniversary. From the hosts to the servers, everyone wished us happy anniversary. Our waiter took the time to explain the menu/specials and answer all of our questions. The food we ordered (rillette, calamari, hanger steak, and roasted chicken) was delicious and we both agreed that we would definitely go back if ever in the area. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and won't be the last.FunFoodiesDined on 9/26/2014We really enjoyed White Oak Kitchen. We were downtown and hungry and reserved a table for 3. The service was excellent. Our server was extremely knowledgeable and attentive. His recommendations all delivered. I had the skirt stake and grits with asparagus and loved it. My wife had the pork shank which I tasted and wish I'd ordered. Our guest had the shrimp and black eyed peas dish which he really liked. We also had the shrimp beignets which were decaded but delicious. Lastly, my wife ordered a salad which she also was impressed with. We had local micro brewed IPA's and she had a chardonnay. Nothing negative to say about this place. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YogiyoYoyoDined on 9/19/2014The bartenders Laura & Darryl are Great! Also, I meet the owners and they are Awesome..very personable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014This place is gorgeous with great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceCOSdinerDined on 9/13/2014Wait staff very attentive. Menu recommendations were spot on. The braised lamb shank was the tastiest, most tender lamb I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Atlanta DiningGTFansDined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious, the service impeccable and the atmosphere was wonderful. We loved that the owner came by our table and shared stories with us.Special Features:
- OutstandingJroseDined on 9/12/2014I can not say enough great things about White Oak Kitchen and Cocktails! The wait staff was attentive and accommodating. They were very busy and extremely apologetic about the wait. Our party didn't even notice because it was such a wonderful atmosphere! The food was incredible! Every single dish we ordered was incredibly delicious. Everyone needs to check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal Great Waiter MattJMNWVIPDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful meal I had the wreckfish and my companion had the shrimp. Both dishes were outstanding. Bar was goid service from Matt was stellar. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoJoDined on 9/8/2014Really like the atmosphere and surroundings...great for a business lunch or special dinner. I've been twice for lunch and once for dinner, and loved every dish! The shrimp, chicken, and swordfish are all wonderful! However, the desserts were average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!leboDined on 9/1/2014Have had many fine meals at a lot of places, This was one of the best! Our server Casey was helpful and on spot with service ! Food was out of this world! Will make trip back with friends !Special Features:
- Best Fresh Southern Cooking in ATLMOpleaseDined on 8/29/2014Everything tasted fresh because everything was fresh. Each meal had the flair of fine dining with a nice touch of southern cuisine. Service was impeccable. And lastly do not skip on dessert, you'll thank me later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We chose this restaurant mainly because it was across the street from our hotel. Food good, portions small for the price.Special Features:
- White Oak KitchenislandgirlDined on 8/20/2014Have been recommending White Oak Kitchen to people for at least two years. This latest visit did not disappoint. Staff is conscientious and knows the menu. Food is innovative, nicely presented, and a treat to the palate.Special Features:
- First VisitdinnerdateDined on 8/16/2014The service is impeccable, with a great deal of class. We received our courses slightly out of order, however, the waiter was quick to respond and make up for this. Thoroughly enjoyable atmosphere for a nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...but not for a romantic eveNormDined on 8/15/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. Never been, but most reviews are good. The food was pretty good, the service was awesome. It isn't what I would characterize as a romantic setting though. Probably more suited for small groups or couples with friends than a romantic evening with your someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrificcmp56Dined on 8/15/2014The food was amazing, order the drink Rose Colored Glasses it is heavenly. The wait staff was by far Top Notch, very attentive and eager to assist. From the hostess to the busy boy.Special Features:
- Service needs help!LeretDined on 8/14/20144 ladies went for Downtown Atlanta restaurant week. Was a bit of a challenge to see the valet. Need to explain that better on website. Sat on the bar and had lovely cocktails. Great selection of all adult beverages. Seated for dinner and service was a bit slow. We had so many servers we did not know who our actual server was...salad, dinner and dessert stretched on for two hours. Timing between courses needs to be worked on. I would try again. Good cocktails and food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedTuckerTwoVIPDined on 8/12/2014This place is very convenient to my office downtown and we'd love to see it do well, but we were disappointed by the service on our recent visit. The food was good, but the service was lacking and really detracted from what might otherwise have been a good experience. We'd also like to see the patio made available for all diners, not just those ordering drinks and small plates. The noise level inside makes it difficult to carry on a conversation when the restaurant is busy.
- kenqDined on 8/11/2014nice little downtown restaurant for a very good meal.Special Features:
- Great food - great findMarkVIPDined on 8/10/2014White oak was amazing. We stumbled across this restaurant and are glad we did. The food is inventive and unbelievably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hal1Dined on 8/9/2014we eat out quite often, and had never been there. the space was great, and everyone was very polite and friendly and the food was very good. we will for sure go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rainy Night OutBOOOVIPDined on 8/9/2014Saturday Night we were heading downtown when the bottom opened up. And we forgot an umbrella! But everything was great service was okay, but that because our waiter got stuck with a table of ten. Food was great! My wife got the roasted chicken and I enjoyed the pork shank! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Less than usual standardPantherWreckDined on 8/9/2014Perhaps this was a function of prior good visits, but we were, frankly, disappointed in the service. The food was, as usual, excellent. What wasn't was the running out of ingredients to prepare on menu cocktails, poor timing between the arrival of food and wine pairings with the restaurant week menu, giving me the willies by touching my glass with the refill pitcher on water - more than twice. No visit from a manager to ask about our experience was the final problem here and I'm not going out of my way to complain. I was ready to alert you to these issues if you would ask. Perhaps surprisingly, I would recommend a visit, but with the above reservations in mind. This was my 4th time visiting WOKC and 3rd for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.