White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails
270 Peachtree St.
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.whiteoakkitchen.com/
- Phone: 4045247200x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open every night til 11:00pm or later
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Timothy Magee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails
White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails features chef-inspired cuisine using ingredients fresh from the Southern region. The hospitality and ambiance are locally inspired and crafted, and the cocktails and wines are classic yet fresh. Let our hospitality lift you up!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (35)great for lunch (34)good for groups (34)special occasion (30)vibrant bar scene (19)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (16)romantic (11)scenic view (10)great for brunch (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)Show More
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The service is impeccable, with a great deal of class. We received our courses slightly out of order, however, the waiter was quick to respond and make up for this. Thoroughly enjoyable atmosphere for a nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...but not for a romantic eveNormDined on 8/15/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. Never been, but most reviews are good. The food was pretty good, the service was awesome. It isn't what I would characterize as a romantic setting though. Probably more suited for small groups or couples with friends than a romantic evening with your someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrificcmp56Dined on 8/15/2014The food was amazing, order the drink Rose Colored Glasses it is heavenly. The wait staff was by far Top Notch, very attentive and eager to assist. From the hostess to the busy boy.Special Features:
- Service needs help!LeretDined on 8/14/20144 ladies went for Downtown Atlanta restaurant week. Was a bit of a challenge to see the valet. Need to explain that better on website. Sat on the bar and had lovely cocktails. Great selection of all adult beverages. Seated for dinner and service was a bit slow. We had so many servers we did not know who our actual server was...salad, dinner and dessert stretched on for two hours. Timing between courses needs to be worked on. I would try again. Good cocktails and food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedTuckerTwoVIPDined on 8/12/2014This place is very convenient to my office downtown and we'd love to see it do well, but we were disappointed by the service on our recent visit. The food was good, but the service was lacking and really detracted from what might otherwise have been a good experience. We'd also like to see the patio made available for all diners, not just those ordering drinks and small plates. The noise level inside makes it difficult to carry on a conversation when the restaurant is busy.
- kenqDined on 8/11/2014nice little downtown restaurant for a very good meal.Special Features:
- Great food - great findMarkVIPDined on 8/10/2014White oak was amazing. We stumbled across this restaurant and are glad we did. The food is inventive and unbelievably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hal1Dined on 8/9/2014we eat out quite often, and had never been there. the space was great, and everyone was very polite and friendly and the food was very good. we will for sure go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rainy Night OutBOOODined on 8/9/2014Saturday Night we were heading downtown when the bottom opened up. And we forgot an umbrella! But everything was great service was okay, but that because our waiter got stuck with a table of ten. Food was great! My wife got the roasted chicken and I enjoyed the pork shank! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Less than usual standardPantherWreckDined on 8/9/2014Perhaps this was a function of prior good visits, but we were, frankly, disappointed in the service. The food was, as usual, excellent. What wasn't was the running out of ingredients to prepare on menu cocktails, poor timing between the arrival of food and wine pairings with the restaurant week menu, giving me the willies by touching my glass with the refill pitcher on water - more than twice. No visit from a manager to ask about our experience was the final problem here and I'm not going out of my way to complain. I was ready to alert you to these issues if you would ask. Perhaps surprisingly, I would recommend a visit, but with the above reservations in mind. This was my 4th time visiting WOKC and 3rd for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!cmacDined on 8/7/2014Everytime we have gone here afterna market event we have throughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- So tasty!Love2TravelDined on 7/31/2014We have visited other high end southern food restaurants in the Atlanta area and this one gives the rest a run for their money. Tasty, great portions, and fit for foodies seeking a modern twist to much loved comfort foods. Loved it!Special Features:
- Great Gemwuts4dinnerDined on 7/30/2014Was a great atmosphere with tasteful, unique combinations with a southern flair. Good service and the Southern Dip is especially tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone's missing out!ToovlvDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I were in downtown for a weekend and made a reservation here because it was near our hotel. It was amazing! The drink menu is unique and great with a mix of classics as well as drinks with their own touch. We ordered appetizers, salad, and entrees and each part of the meal just kept getting better. I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Atlanta. I just can't figure out why it's not completely packed with people!Special Features:
- Perfect Business Lunch SpotDowntownFoodieDined on 7/16/2014Hello, I work in this area and continue to go back to White Oak Kitchen for business lunches - the service is great, the food interesting (always with a nice selection of specials) and I appreciate the fact that the tables are spaced far enough apart there is privacy with your conversations. I am also a big fan of the atmosphere and lighting - lots of nice bright natural light! Happy to have this gem located downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Works Close ByAlwaysdowntownVIPDined on 7/14/2014The space and the food quality were exceptional. A wonderful experience and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicewgmgDined on 7/13/2014service from kitchen very slow but manager did remedy the situation wait staff was excellent!!Special Features:
- Awesome find!delawaregirlDined on 7/11/2014Our new favorite restaurant in Atlanta. Made me a bourbon drinker again - with the cherry infused Atlantan . Service, food and atmosphere just make for a great evening out on our twice yearly visits to the Gift Mart.Special Features:
- suzanneOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2014One of my favorite go to Atlanta restaurants, service is great and food always delish. Love that the food is all local, farm fresh, organic, grass fed and healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceRestaurantLoverVIPDined on 7/8/2014To summarize: Two people ordered Martini's. Took 15 minutes then only one arrived, then the other arrived 20 minutes later. The restaurant was sold out of sparkling water!? They were sold out of the special at 7:30 pm. They were not very busy but everything took a long time. No apology for the delays. Disappointing.
- Six Months Later, still a TreatBetsyDined on 7/6/2014We had gone to the White Oak in January and went back last night. Food was still Very Good. I would say this place is a great place for Foodies. They have changed the menu a bit but we still enjoyed it. Will be going back.Special Features:
- Perfect Friday Night!QueensKourtDined on 7/3/2014I recently visited White Oak for a simple dinner with a friend in town. The service was delightful. The hostesses were very kind & my server, Shawn, was more than courteous. He made sure that my meal was just the way I wanted it & had plenty of suggestions for options to choose from. I can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my favoriteFrequentdinerVIPDined on 6/30/2014Food was barely ok. Food lacked taste. Restaurant to expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- Great foodFOODisLIFEVIPDined on 6/29/2014I have been here twice and love the food. The tomato bisque is fantastic as is the roasted chicken. I tried the fried blueberry pie though and was not a fan. The filling was thin, bland and runny. It was an interesting idea but the filling could be executed better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!FOODisLIFEVIPDined on 6/27/2014This is a beautiful restaurant and the staff help bring it to life by laying in the southern charm. I had the honey fried chicken which had great crispy skin but was still juicy on the inside. I had the cheese grits with mine instead of the garlic and they were perfect. I like my grits on the thicker side and that is exactly how they are served. The pickled cabbage gave a nice contrast to the sweetness of the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedFreqATLdinerDined on 6/26/2014While I loved the decor and the service wasn't bad, the food left a bad taste in my mouth. Everything at the restUrant itself was ok, the after effects the next day left something to be desired. I wasn't the only one in my party with these effects. I don't know that I can risk attempting eating there again but would love to.Special Features:
- JustVisitingDined on 6/24/2014Atmosphere was great - food was very good (wonderful flavors) though scallops were a little over-done. Yancy was wonderful as was our waiter-in-training but other waitstaff a little too eager to pick up "unused plates" (standing by while we finished). Great wine selection and recommendation.Special Features:
- ExcellentkincouDined on 6/24/2014We were at the AmericasMart setting up for the July show and friends recommended we go to the White Oak for a treat. It was quite the treat! The food was outstanding - every dish was an adventure. I couldn't recommend it any higher! P.S. the Bananas Foster was to die for!Special Features:
- Do everything wellOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/23/2014Service was impeccable. Place is really cool. Food was excellent and wine/drink/bourbon menu superb.Special Features:
- Slice of Southern Living in OfficeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2014What a charming find in downtown Atlanta. Great southern fare - starting off with the warmest, butteriest, tastiest biscuits and home-churned apple butter. Enjoy your meal but don't leave without dessert. A delightful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, good foodJeanDuprogueDined on 6/21/2014The service was good, as was the food. Portions for the entrees are a bit small, but the taste is great.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceDaveNCVIPDined on 6/12/2014The staff seemed genuinely happy that I was there. The fried chicken was so tasty I had to come back the next day and have it again.
- Awesome Southern Cuisine!Warrior88Dined on 6/11/2014Hands down one of the best bourbon selections in Atlanta! Fantastic southern cuisine with a great selection of seafood and meats all local sourced and freshly prepared. The service was outstanding... Cannot wait to go back to Atlanta just to eat here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White OakConsultantDined on 6/11/2014Excellent Service from the entire staff. From the point of entrance to exit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceAtlnativeDined on 5/16/2014We made a reservation a week in advance but had to change it as few times; no problem. George the server was great and patient with people moving, changes on the check as people fought over it, and adding a late-comer. Food was also great and everyone ordered the Rose Glasses cocktail and enjoyed -- except for one lady who got the whiskey flight! Would highly recommend for business groups at the nearby hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LunchB2the3rdDined on 5/13/2014Eclectic and fun menu. Great meeting rooms for business lunches. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never would have found itSallyVIPDined on 5/11/2014I tend to not venture to downtown Atlanta except for sporting events. I usually hit up the neighborhood gems in Inman Park or Decatur when looking for new foodie spots. I thank opentable for helping me find this. Great food great decor and looks like a good spot for larger partiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds ExpectationsSouthernFoodieDreamDined on 5/9/2014The setting was quiet and intimate. My wife is a total foodie and the menu had her speechless! The beignets were outstanding. More importantly, the service was excellent: at times, it felt as though it was a private dining experience. Great place to go for a high-end atmosphere with an extremely personal touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoostVIPDined on 5/9/2014The breads and fresh vegetables are delicious. Our appetizer came out at the same time as our mains which really stunk. The food was tasty with unique flavor combinations.
- Excellent eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2014Highly recommend-food, service, and atmosphere are excellent. Will go again!Special Features: