White Mountain Cider Company
207 US Rt 302
Glen, NH 03838Neighborhood:
Mt. Washington Valley
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
White Mountain Cider Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciderconh.com/
- Phone: 6033839061x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Teresa Stearns
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: The Cider Company offers full service catering as well as items for pick-up.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private space up to 12
- Private Party Contact: Teresa 6033839061x
A word from White Mountain Cider Company
Located in the heart of the White Mountains, the Cider Company is a favorite of both locals and tourist alike. We offer contemporary American cuisine, set in a late 1800"s farm house. We work with local farms when possible to create a seasonal menu, complimented by an extensive cocktail program and unique wines. The property is named for our cider mill, pressing fresh, unpasteurized cider every fall. Our cider is woven through both our cocktail menu and dinner menu. Signature dishes include Crispy Crab Cake on apple fennel slaw and our Cider Mill Salad with greens, pecans, crispy shallots and cider vinaigrette. We also have a casual fair menu available with our house burger, salads and more. Our casual fair menu is offered at the bar only Saturdays, holidays and vacation weeks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
White Mountain Cider Company - Best Restaurants in Mt. Washington Valley ›
White Mountain Cider Company reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)special occasion (79)neighborhood gem (61)romantic (55)notable wine list (33)good for groups (20)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Unbelievable FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I enjoyed it so much, we went back there two nights later.Special Features:
- Top-notch diningcdrpndDined on 10/17/2014Great spot, amazing food, great service, close to the notches of the White Mountains. Check out the specialty drinks such as cider sangria and their paper thin chips. Cider donuts and ice cream for dessert..don't miss it.Special Features:
- FabulousKandDDined on 10/15/2014We absolutely loved White Mountain Cidar Company. The food was delicious, the ingredients were fresh and local and the entrees were very original. The service was fabulous. Our server was very attentive but we weren't ever rushed. They had a wonderful drink and wine menu. The atmosphere was very relaxed with nice intimate tables. I completely recommend the Cidar Company and would come again. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Mt Wash TripGordyVIPDined on 10/12/2014We really enjoyed the whole experience, and an experience it was! Could not find the place in the dark... street sign was poorly lit and parking was rather random, as well, coming off 302 with fast moving traffic. That said the food was delicious... Grilled Pork Chop, bone in, with a warm brussel sprout salad with vinaigrett dressing were out of this world and prepared extremely well!!Special Features:
- Great Find!AntiChain2Dined on 10/10/2014By the name alone I would have never expected this to be a fine dining restaurant. The food was superb - Very rustic, yet classy atmosphere. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place, delicious foodLukiDined on 10/10/2014This is my 3rd visit to dine at WMC, and I am never disappointed, the pasta special with pumpkin, pork belly, braised pork was wonderful, as was the duck and the flat bread appetizer melted in my mouth! Loved the cider doughnuts with ice cream and caramel sauce. Nice wine list and imaginative drinks! Great place to go in Mount Washington Valley!Special Features:
- Excellent All AroundBicoastal5Dined on 10/7/2014Unique cocktails, short but excellent selection of local draft beers, I'm not the wine drinker but colleagues were quite satisfied. Food across the board was among the best we've had: well prepared (my chicken was cooked just right), interesting combinations, local ingredients (such as the mushrooms in my chicken), and a menu with enough variety to satisfy a range of tastes. Five of us shared a couple deserts...and fought over the cider donuts and ice cream. Finally for a small venue it's remarkably comfortable: well appointed, comfortable table & chairs, and absolutely no bumping chairs or fighting for space with other diners.Special Features:
- I'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary and we were impressed. The duck was amazing and the pork chops were the best I have ever had. The blue cheese and bacon stuffed dates were delicious and the beet/pistachio appetizer was pretty good too. We have been to many restaurants in the area and this is one of the best. The bar is a cool rustic live edge pine slab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday evening dinnerTmx152Dined on 10/3/2014Good food, good atmosphere, a bit noisey and a bit expensive. However the quality of the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeAnneDined on 10/1/2014This was my fourth time dining in this terrific restaurant. The food is creative, fresh and delicious. The apple crisp we had for dessert was good but not outstanding, which I only noticed because everything else I've had there was outstanding. The service was delightful. The bartender even remade me a cocktail made with apple cider that was no longer on the menu but was a special the last time I went there. I described it and he knew exactly what I meant because it was his creation. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowedKDBrownDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary and I wanted someplace with amazing food and a romantic atmosphere. Dead on!! My husband is a vegetarian and it's hard to find places that can really do that type of food well. They did it. He was more than impressed and ate a full serving of not one but TWO items. I had a meat entree that was to die for. Rustic appearance on the outside but delectable and food-snob-worthy on the inside. What a tiny treat in the mountains! More please!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleaned My Plate Great!!CiderifficDined on 9/28/2014It's been a while since I have cleaned my plate because the food was that good! Food presentation and quality was outstanding. The chefs (there are 2) only use in season and local and then cook everything from scratch which makes it all that much more enjoyable. The service was fantastic. Our waitress made sure to keep an eye on us without hovering or rushing us. Highly recommend the donuts and ice cream for dessert even if you don't have room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!FallWeekendDined on 9/27/2014Wow, my wife and I absolutely love White Mt Cider Company! This was our second visit. The food was so excellent that we are already taking about the next time we can get to the area to have a wonderful dinner. The lobster risotto was so tasty we were trying to figure the ingredients. The cod was excellent and gnocchi was so light and perfect. We ended with the cider donuts and ice cream - such a treat to finish. We also had a couple of the specialty drinks including the cider based beer which was really good. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peabodyfoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great experience. One of the better restaurants in the Mt. Washington Valley.Special Features:
- worth a try for sure!creative1Dined on 9/26/2014My c1ocktail was perfect: "a long hello", & warm crusty bread. My husband loved the Calamari, I thought flavor was lost under the sauce, suggest request on side for dipping. Duck breast entree was thoroughly enjoyed although he initially looked small, satisfied when done. I ordered the burger &took half of it home & enjoyed it cold the next day. I had to send back the "medium" burger bedside raw inside! All in all, it was a meal we enjoyed, in a small dining room with so, so ambiance, waitress that verbally interrupted our lively conversation twice, without hesitation or pardoning & a somewhat inflated price(the duck entree ~$30). I would encourage people try the high top seating near the bar, enjoy a delicious burger & a livelier staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnervacationmomDined on 9/24/2014We stopped here for our 20th anne and had a great time. The bread was delicious and the apple cider salad was a perfect blend of flavors. We had the pork chops and a chicken pasta with mushroom sauce (can't remember the name). Both had very nice texture and taste.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014My wife found this jewel while planning our vacation. We like to dine and feel that our experience at the White Mountain Cider Company makes it one of the best dining experiences ever. The food was delightful, inventive, and presented so well. We will be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerlilac1Dined on 9/22/2014We had one of the best meals ever!! The lobster risotto was so amazing. We had to ask what the crab cakes were wrapped in and we were surprised to find it was shredded phyllo dough. The entree special was 2 beef tastes that melted in your mouth and had the most delicious, in season, veges with it. The apple crisp was a little undercooked but a luscious chocolate surprise was given to us for our anniversary dinner. Our server was professional, knowledgeable and never rushed us along. I wish we lived closer. We would be regulars. Oh, don't forget to try the Apple Cider Martini...maybe it's good we don't live close LOL Thank you for a fantastic night.Special Features:
- FabulousEricaDined on 9/19/2014Had such a great time. Everything was so delightful we went back the next day. We started with the short ribs- fantastic! My husband had the pork and I the cod both meals were wonderful and cooked perfectly. The second night we tried the pasta dish which was more filling but certainly just as delicious. The service was timed and certainly did not feel rushed even though both nights we had late reservations. The price cannot be beat. Cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding experiencereluctantreviewerDined on 9/18/2014What a wonderful dinner and dining experience in the White Mountains. Every aspect of dinner was enjoyable, from the ambience, to the service, and especially the food. You will not be disappointed - give them a try, even if you have to drive a little bit.Special Features:
- SafetyDougDined on 9/16/2014This was our third year now that we have gone to the White Cider for our Anniversery while on vacation in NH. It is one of our favorite resturants no matter where we go. Great food and great people that make it so special.Special Features:
- Quaint New England DiningJessDined on 9/14/2014This place lived up to its online reputation... great "farm to table" type food at relatively reasonable prices. Nice servers, neat atmosphere although maybe the lighting is a little too dim. Would certainly eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Casual DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Cider Co never disappoints. It is rustic and casual in decor but with an elegant atmosphere. We came for our favorite dish, porcini dusted chicken and pasta. While I prefer the original dish with penne, the homemade fettucini was deleicious too. Because the pasta is fresh it soaked up all the delicious sauce so in the future I would ask for it a little saucier, but the dish was still flavorful and hard to beat. Then of course there is the signature apple cider donut and ice cream with caramel sauce... warm crispy donut with cold isce cream is decadent and delicious. I wil be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MeggyinbosDined on 9/12/2014Went here while on our babymoon and the food is to die for! Get the cider donut dessert - doesn't matter how full you are, you have to get it - it's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good one!WaterdogVIPDined on 9/12/2014WMCC's food is outstanding - always a wonderful surprise with the specials and a menu with great choices for appetizers, salads and main courses. Among the very best! Great valueSpecial Features:
- disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Previously been totally impressed with White Mountain Cidar Company... But it was a disappointing experience this time. The cod dinner tasted of ammonia, and inedible. My husband ordered the steak,which was cold.Was returned, then served raw. Our friend ordered the cod, but was served the pork chop. Was informed that the cod would take fifteen minutes, so accepted the chop,which was delicious. All and all, not the best experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Friendly and well informed staff. Very accommodating and Chef Tim came to our table to review his Vegan offerings. Food was excellent and we plan on returning for another meal as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 9/8/2014We really had an enjoyable time here. The food was outstanding & the service was great! Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!AllisonHall1Dined on 9/6/2014I was very impressed by White Mountain Cider Co! I planned a weekend away at the Mount Washington Resort for my boyfriends 30th birthday, this restaurant came up with a few searches I did with great reviews. It was a little bit of a drive from the hotel, but WORTH IT. Our meals were outstanding, with a great blend of flavors. Each dish was unique and left us wanting to come back and try the whole menu.Special Features:
- 47th AnniversaryBradyBoyDined on 9/3/2014My wife of 47 years a couple of dear friends and myself decided to dine at the White Mountain Cider Company on Sept 3rd. The place has a great reputation and I wanted to dine somewhere special on our anniversary. The atmosphere was great, the staff was very friendly and the food was sparse but very good. We had to wait quite a while before our waitress took a drink order. My guest ordered a Dewars and water and was told that they had run out of Dewars, but that they could sub another scotch. The bartender brought a Crown Royal and water which is a whiskey and not scotch. He had wine instead. We ordered two appetizers to share, but I never got my crab cakes. At that point, I just waited for the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience!TriathleteEpicurianDined on 9/1/2014Excellent food- all appetizers & entrees were fantastic! The service was outstanding, the wine list and beer selection great. The bar menu was just as outstanding and affordable- we had the best burger which was dressed up to unimaginable, delectable heights. Thanks to the Cider House for a marvelous dining experience!Special Features:
- Always a great experience!nademDined on 8/31/2014This is the best restaurant in the Mount Washington Valley! Nice ambiance, great food, friendly and professional staff, those are all the ingredients for a perfect evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2inportofinoDined on 8/30/2014service and food were excellent. highly recommendable for those who appreciate great food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotDc5718Dined on 8/28/2014Fantastic food and great ambiance. Will be back the next time we 're in N ComwaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in the White MountainsYogihikerSHJDined on 8/24/2014Creative, quality menu. Professional & friendly service. Rustic yet upscale atmosphere. Perfect place to splurge on a special meal after a weekend of hiking. A reason to return to the areaSpecial Features:
- Our favorite area restaurant!GaryDined on 8/23/2014There are several good fine dining places in the Bartlett-North Conway-Jackson area, but White Mountain Cider Company gets our "favorite" vote. The ambience is a perfect fit for the area and the service is friendly and good. It is the food that makes it really stand out, though. Every selection I've tried, and we were there for dinner three times this past visit, has had me stop and say, "Wow, this is great!" There are eating places that are enjoyable, and then there are some that give you the feeling that you are someplace special. Give this place a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh FoodErinDined on 8/22/2014I am still dreaming about the food we ate there; we loved it so much we went back two times on a three night stay. The natural wood/exposed beams, brick...just add to the ambiance. But the food is the real star of the show. We tried almost every app on the menu and each one was more mouth watering than the next. My personal favorites, although hard to choose, would be the mushroom crochets or the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningNHVacationingDined on 8/21/2014The food was delicious and our waitress was great to interact with throughout the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJeangueDined on 8/20/2014IT was very good, I recommand this place and the people are enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food exp in white mountainsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Recommended by hotel Bernerhof we decided to have diner in the white mountain cider company. Wow what an experience!. Cosy and informal in combination with good food and wine. Crab cakes were delicious and presentation was a piece of art. For us, Europeans, this was the best Restaurant we have met during our road trip through Maine, New Hamshire, `MassachussetsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.