White Mountain Cider Company
207 US Rt 302
Glen, NH 03838Neighborhood:
Mt. Washington Valley
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
White Mountain Cider Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciderconh.com/
- Phone: (603) 383-9061
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Teresa Stearns
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: The Cider Company offers full service catering as well as items for pick-up.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private space up to 12
- Private Party Contact: Teresa 6033839061x
A word from White Mountain Cider Company
Located in the heart of the White Mountains, the Cider Company is a favorite of both locals and tourist alike. We offer contemporary American cuisine, set in a late 1800"s farm house. We work with local farms when possible to create a seasonal menu, complimented by an extensive cocktail program and unique wines. The property is named for our cider mill, pressing fresh, unpasteurized cider every fall. Our cider is woven through both our cocktail menu and dinner menu. Signature dishes include Crispy Crab Cake on apple fennel slaw and our Cider Mill Salad with greens, pecans, crispy shallots and cider vinaigrette. We also have a casual fair menu available with our house burger, salads and more. Our casual fair menu is offered at the bar only Saturdays, holidays and vacation weeks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
White Mountain Cider Company - Best Restaurants in Mt. Washington Valley ›
White Mountain Cider Company reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)special occasion (75)neighborhood gem (62)romantic (59)notable wine list (34)good for groups (20)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We were a party of four, Fri. night. Every one cleaned their plates. Jeremiah was our wait person. Very helpful and efficient. Great to see him again. Enjoyable evening with old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best fine dining in North ConwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014The décor is chic casual, service is excellent and the food is unique and outstanding. Everything was cooked to perfection. We own a local B&B and will definitely recommend the Cider Co to all our guests who wants a romantic dinner or want to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayCleoDined on 11/10/2014For the area, it is probably Avery good local restaurant but frankly, we we're expecting more. For the 1st night dinner, I had made online reservations and we were seated at the back of the restaurant on the first floor, it was drafty and there was no ambiance whatsoever, even a candle on the table would have gone a long way. To top it off, the restaurant wasn't full and there were available tables in more desirable locations. The food was okay, but not what we thought a year ago when we first visited. The second night, I had the roasted cod, again just okay, not much flavour. Will try next year one more time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014We knew we wouldn't be disappointed and we weren't!! The staff is warm and welcoming and the food is always very good!Special Features:
- ExcellentHappyDined on 11/6/2014When we visit the Jackson/North Conway area, we always make it a point to have dinner at the restaurant. We love the food and the service is excellent. I have recommended the restaurant to family and friends. They have all loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Fresh clean and gingery chicken tikka masala, Theresa and Cider Company never disappoint!I would recommend this to a friend.
- our first visit was betterAV321Dined on 11/1/2014We were very excited to return to WMCC but overall it was dissapointing. I made the reservations at least a month in advance for 5 people at 6:30 for a 60th birthday dinner. Our table location was terrible, jammed in a corner next to the stairs. Our server took 10+ minutes to come to our table, and even longer to receive our fresh bread (we had to finally ask after we received our apps, and a newly seated table near us had been enjoying theirs for some time), the food was tasty but luke warm at best. The apps hands down are the best thing they have to offer, the cider doughnuts are delicious but don't expect them to be warm and fresh, I guess they're made in the morning. On our first visit this place was a 5 star but now I'll give it 3.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the Area!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014After visiting the Jackson/Bartlett area for a number of years now, I can't believe we didn't dine here before. What a miss. It is #1 on list. Tim the Soup Master works magic with a prime-rib stew (special) and my wife's duck was phenomenal. The only thing I regret is not having a bigger appetite. It's all so fresh, local, and you won't find a better meal in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously DelightfulTrolldinerDined on 10/31/2014Every aspect of our dining experience was deliciously delightful. It can compete with Boston in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerNoCookingDined on 10/30/2014Great experience. Short poor on wine fist glass. More generous 2nd glass. Food was exceptional. Great flavors good price. We chose from thecasual menue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high level dining experiencezgalVIPDined on 10/29/2014My friend and I sat at a high-top table in the bar area near the fireplace. Shannon, our server, was so pleasant and friendly. We began with the brussels sprouts appetizer, and also enjoyed the duck breast and the goat cheese tartin. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We sat for over two hours, great company :) but really just savoring every bite. Top three as far as best meals in a restaurant. Each dish was the perfect balance and blend of favors, cooked to perfection and so interesting for both palate and presentation. Our son was our server, so of course...brilliant service :) but timing of each course, temperature of food, wine recommendations...just a wonderful night that we have already raved about to our friends. thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvsNHDined on 10/28/2014We look forward to eating here when we are in the area. The food is creative and thoughtfully prepared and the staff is wonderful. The chefs were waving and saying goodnight to us from the kitchen as we left.....how many places does that happen? Truly a wonderful meal every time we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the visit!northernfoodieDined on 10/27/2014We had a lovely dinner the other night! My first experience at White Mountain Cider Company and it was fabulous! Creative dishes presented artfully with great service. Highly recommend going for dinner for an occasion or just because, well worth it.Special Features:
- Cozy, warm, great food and service.TomBrunoDined on 10/25/2014The Cider Company has a rustic, converted old barn feel to it, with raw wood paneling, several cozy rooms, a lively bar and friendly, enthusiastic service. It was full of people, and yet intimate. The food was very good and in generous portions, made with very fresh ingredients. The bread was home baked, on the spot, hot out of the oven. You hardly find that, and it was irresistible. This restaurant stands out as being easily the best in the area. We loved it! It may well be your only dinner stop in the Glen area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and authenticMiamiMommaDined on 10/23/2014Charming restaurant in old cider mill. We had the roasted salad which was delicious and the meat dish. The short ribs were tender and flavorful. I had a specialty house cocktail made with cider which was also different and sweet. We had the apple cobbler with buttermilk ice cream which hit the spot in a chilly night. Great service and unique flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I enjoyed it so much, we went back there two nights later.Special Features:
- Top-notch diningcdrpndDined on 10/17/2014Great spot, amazing food, great service, close to the notches of the White Mountains. Check out the specialty drinks such as cider sangria and their paper thin chips. Cider donuts and ice cream for dessert..don't miss it.Special Features:
- FabulousKandDDined on 10/15/2014We absolutely loved White Mountain Cidar Company. The food was delicious, the ingredients were fresh and local and the entrees were very original. The service was fabulous. Our server was very attentive but we weren't ever rushed. They had a wonderful drink and wine menu. The atmosphere was very relaxed with nice intimate tables. I completely recommend the Cidar Company and would come again. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Mt Wash TripGordyVIPDined on 10/12/2014We really enjoyed the whole experience, and an experience it was! Could not find the place in the dark... street sign was poorly lit and parking was rather random, as well, coming off 302 with fast moving traffic. That said the food was delicious... Grilled Pork Chop, bone in, with a warm brussel sprout salad with vinaigrett dressing were out of this world and prepared extremely well!!Special Features:
- Great Find!AntiChain2Dined on 10/10/2014By the name alone I would have never expected this to be a fine dining restaurant. The food was superb - Very rustic, yet classy atmosphere. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place, delicious foodLukiDined on 10/10/2014This is my 3rd visit to dine at WMC, and I am never disappointed, the pasta special with pumpkin, pork belly, braised pork was wonderful, as was the duck and the flat bread appetizer melted in my mouth! Loved the cider doughnuts with ice cream and caramel sauce. Nice wine list and imaginative drinks! Great place to go in Mount Washington Valley!Special Features:
- Excellent All AroundBicoastal5Dined on 10/7/2014Unique cocktails, short but excellent selection of local draft beers, I'm not the wine drinker but colleagues were quite satisfied. Food across the board was among the best we've had: well prepared (my chicken was cooked just right), interesting combinations, local ingredients (such as the mushrooms in my chicken), and a menu with enough variety to satisfy a range of tastes. Five of us shared a couple deserts...and fought over the cider donuts and ice cream. Finally for a small venue it's remarkably comfortable: well appointed, comfortable table & chairs, and absolutely no bumping chairs or fighting for space with other diners.Special Features:
- I'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary and we were impressed. The duck was amazing and the pork chops were the best I have ever had. The blue cheese and bacon stuffed dates were delicious and the beet/pistachio appetizer was pretty good too. We have been to many restaurants in the area and this is one of the best. The bar is a cool rustic live edge pine slab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday evening dinnerTmx152Dined on 10/3/2014Good food, good atmosphere, a bit noisey and a bit expensive. However the quality of the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeAnneDined on 10/1/2014This was my fourth time dining in this terrific restaurant. The food is creative, fresh and delicious. The apple crisp we had for dessert was good but not outstanding, which I only noticed because everything else I've had there was outstanding. The service was delightful. The bartender even remade me a cocktail made with apple cider that was no longer on the menu but was a special the last time I went there. I described it and he knew exactly what I meant because it was his creation. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowedKDBrownDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary and I wanted someplace with amazing food and a romantic atmosphere. Dead on!! My husband is a vegetarian and it's hard to find places that can really do that type of food well. They did it. He was more than impressed and ate a full serving of not one but TWO items. I had a meat entree that was to die for. Rustic appearance on the outside but delectable and food-snob-worthy on the inside. What a tiny treat in the mountains! More please!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleaned My Plate Great!!CiderifficDined on 9/28/2014It's been a while since I have cleaned my plate because the food was that good! Food presentation and quality was outstanding. The chefs (there are 2) only use in season and local and then cook everything from scratch which makes it all that much more enjoyable. The service was fantastic. Our waitress made sure to keep an eye on us without hovering or rushing us. Highly recommend the donuts and ice cream for dessert even if you don't have room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!FallWeekendDined on 9/27/2014Wow, my wife and I absolutely love White Mt Cider Company! This was our second visit. The food was so excellent that we are already taking about the next time we can get to the area to have a wonderful dinner. The lobster risotto was so tasty we were trying to figure the ingredients. The cod was excellent and gnocchi was so light and perfect. We ended with the cider donuts and ice cream - such a treat to finish. We also had a couple of the specialty drinks including the cider based beer which was really good. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peabodyfoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great experience. One of the better restaurants in the Mt. Washington Valley.Special Features:
- worth a try for sure!creative1Dined on 9/26/2014My c1ocktail was perfect: "a long hello", & warm crusty bread. My husband loved the Calamari, I thought flavor was lost under the sauce, suggest request on side for dipping. Duck breast entree was thoroughly enjoyed although he initially looked small, satisfied when done. I ordered the burger &took half of it home & enjoyed it cold the next day. I had to send back the "medium" burger bedside raw inside! All in all, it was a meal we enjoyed, in a small dining room with so, so ambiance, waitress that verbally interrupted our lively conversation twice, without hesitation or pardoning & a somewhat inflated price(the duck entree ~$30). I would encourage people try the high top seating near the bar, enjoy a delicious burger & a livelier staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnervacationmomDined on 9/24/2014We stopped here for our 20th anne and had a great time. The bread was delicious and the apple cider salad was a perfect blend of flavors. We had the pork chops and a chicken pasta with mushroom sauce (can't remember the name). Both had very nice texture and taste.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014My wife found this jewel while planning our vacation. We like to dine and feel that our experience at the White Mountain Cider Company makes it one of the best dining experiences ever. The food was delightful, inventive, and presented so well. We will be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerlilac1Dined on 9/22/2014We had one of the best meals ever!! The lobster risotto was so amazing. We had to ask what the crab cakes were wrapped in and we were surprised to find it was shredded phyllo dough. The entree special was 2 beef tastes that melted in your mouth and had the most delicious, in season, veges with it. The apple crisp was a little undercooked but a luscious chocolate surprise was given to us for our anniversary dinner. Our server was professional, knowledgeable and never rushed us along. I wish we lived closer. We would be regulars. Oh, don't forget to try the Apple Cider Martini...maybe it's good we don't live close LOL Thank you for a fantastic night.Special Features:
- FabulousEricaDined on 9/19/2014Had such a great time. Everything was so delightful we went back the next day. We started with the short ribs- fantastic! My husband had the pork and I the cod both meals were wonderful and cooked perfectly. The second night we tried the pasta dish which was more filling but certainly just as delicious. The service was timed and certainly did not feel rushed even though both nights we had late reservations. The price cannot be beat. Cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding experiencereluctantreviewerDined on 9/18/2014What a wonderful dinner and dining experience in the White Mountains. Every aspect of dinner was enjoyable, from the ambience, to the service, and especially the food. You will not be disappointed - give them a try, even if you have to drive a little bit.Special Features:
- SafetyDougDined on 9/16/2014This was our third year now that we have gone to the White Cider for our Anniversery while on vacation in NH. It is one of our favorite resturants no matter where we go. Great food and great people that make it so special.Special Features:
- Quaint New England DiningJessDined on 9/14/2014This place lived up to its online reputation... great "farm to table" type food at relatively reasonable prices. Nice servers, neat atmosphere although maybe the lighting is a little too dim. Would certainly eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Casual DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Cider Co never disappoints. It is rustic and casual in decor but with an elegant atmosphere. We came for our favorite dish, porcini dusted chicken and pasta. While I prefer the original dish with penne, the homemade fettucini was deleicious too. Because the pasta is fresh it soaked up all the delicious sauce so in the future I would ask for it a little saucier, but the dish was still flavorful and hard to beat. Then of course there is the signature apple cider donut and ice cream with caramel sauce... warm crispy donut with cold isce cream is decadent and delicious. I wil be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MeggyinbosDined on 9/12/2014Went here while on our babymoon and the food is to die for! Get the cider donut dessert - doesn't matter how full you are, you have to get it - it's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.