White Mountain Cider Company
207 US Rt 302
Glen, NH 03838Neighborhood:
Mt. Washington Valley
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
White Mountain Cider Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciderconh.com/
- Phone: 6033839061x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Teresa Stearns
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: The Cider Company offers full service catering as well as items for pick-up.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private space up to 12
- Private Party Contact: Teresa 6033839061x
A word from White Mountain Cider Company
Located in the heart of the White Mountains, the Cider Company is a favorite of both locals and tourist alike. We offer contemporary American cuisine, set in a late 1800"s farm house. We work with local farms when possible to create a seasonal menu, complimented by an extensive cocktail program and unique wines. The property is named for our cider mill, pressing fresh, unpasteurized cider every fall. Our cider is woven through both our cocktail menu and dinner menu. Signature dishes include Crispy Crab Cake on apple fennel slaw and our Cider Mill Salad with greens, pecans, crispy shallots and cider vinaigrette. We also have a casual fair menu available with our house burger, salads and more. Our casual fair menu is offered at the bar only Saturdays, holidays and vacation weeks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
White Mountain Cider Company - Best Restaurants in Mt. Washington Valley ›
White Mountain Cider Company reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (74)special occasion (63)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (37)notable wine list (28)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Celebration DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and lovely service. We are in the area once per year for the Mt Washington Bike Hill Climb but the first thing we do when planning the trip is book our table for dinner at White Mountain Cider Company. It is always our celebration dinner and it never disappoints. Food is outstanding. Wish it was closer to our home so we could go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Mountain Cider Co.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014This place was recommended to us by a N. Conway resident who clearly knew the restaurant scene very well. An outstanding find and it must be the best place around for miles. Had the cheese plate which was superbly presented, the chips (1/2 portion was still too much for 4 people), Korean short ribs, the steak, a house salad, and the lamb entree. Everything was just perfectly presented and executed. This is definitely the foodie Mecca of the Conways! My only criticism is despite a great wine and beer list they only had one cider available...in a bottle, not on tap, and not made in house? Isn't this a cider mill? But admittedly I visited in summer, not autumn.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014We had eaten there two years ago and loved it, and this time it was even better. Every dish we had was fantastic!
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Had a reservation for dinner on a Sunday night and it was a good thing as the restaurant was crowded. We started our dinner with zucchini soup which was absolutely mouth watering! For dinner we had Statler Chicken and roast duck and both meals were mouth watering. For dessert we had to try the donut and ice cream which is their speciality and it was delightful. Highly recommend it and will definitely go back when in the area.Special Features:
- Local flare!PamHDined on 8/10/2014This is the second time we've gone to White Mountain Cider Company and absolutely love it! Would recommend anyone visiting the North Conway, Glen, Jackson area a must eat! Great wine & cocktail selection, food is from local farms and is prepared & presented fabulously! I look forward to our next trip to north country so we can visit WMCC again! Kudos to the Chef & staff!Special Features:
- To Dine For...jrsFOODbeerDined on 8/9/2014We took a private cooking class with Chef Tim back in May that included a dinner tasting the previous evening. We could not be happier with Chef Tim, the FOOD, and his help including the waitstaff at your establishment. We will seek you out as well as recommend you whenever we visit the north!Special Features:
- Best place in Mt Washington ValleyElizabethDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed another great meal at the Cider Company last night. We each had a small salad to start that was a mix of crisp fresh greens, apples, nuts and a house fried onion on top. A great way to start a summer meal. My main course was cod. It was cooked perfectly and came with lovely small gnocchi and perfectly cooked green beans. My two dinner companions enjoyed their meals as much as I did. We had it paired with a really good bottle of red win. As usual, a really good meal for all!Special Features:
- Didn't disappointFoodieRDDined on 8/6/2014We last dined here years ago during our weekend getaway and we didn't stop talking about our meal forever. We finally made our way back and it was just as great as we remembered. You're missing out if you don't check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every thing was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014The venue, the food, the service, the other guests, - everything was jusst great. Especially the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!max999Dined on 8/3/2014We were on vacation in NH. We read the reviews about White Mountain Cider Company and knew we had to try it. We were running late and they were very accommodating. The food was perfect! We both loved what we ordered. Service was attentive and friendly. If we lived in NH we would go there often.Special Features:
- WOWwowieVIPDined on 8/3/2014All four of our meals were outstanding. We are already looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Great FindVisitorDined on 8/2/2014Couldn't believe we found this restaurant in the middle of the mountains! Great menu. Very adaptable for kids. They really let us take our time which was great since we indulged with each course. The potato chips with different sauces were fun. It comes with a huge bowl filled with chips. The 5 of us had not problem finishing them. The fried calamari was unique with more of a corn meal coating. The sauce that came with it was nothing I have ever had. It was fantastic and also went well with the chips. Entrees were creative and layered with flavors. We are from NY and this restaurant could do great down there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quality restaurantChuckDined on 7/31/2014Best in the immediate area(North Conway, Jackson, Glen, Bartlett)Special Features:
- What a pleasant surprise!!Jenny20Dined on 7/25/2014We live in northwestern NH and there aren't many restaurants in the "north country" we would recommend. I found this restaurant on Open Table and hadn't even heard of it -- but I had to be in the North Conway area, so I said, "well, it can't be better than the usual NH "great" - which is usually only good at best ... But this is GREAT. Creative, fresh, insightful dishes and a nice wine list. Really superb! I will make special trips there. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in the area!RoadWarriorDined on 7/24/2014We ate there last year and couldn't wait to come back this year! Great menu.... You want to order every item on the menu! Great food and amazing flavors! We were a table of five this year and all ordered different courses... We tasted each other choices and everyone was impressed with all of them! Professional and friendly service make this place the best of all restaurants I have tried in a 20 miles radius! (and I have been to quite a few!)Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 7/23/2014I had heard so much about this restaurant and had not been able to get a reservation the last time I was visiting the White Mountains, so my expectations were high. I started the meal with the Blue Cheese stuffed dates which were served warm and very delicious! We followed that with the Korean Short ribs which were not short ribs, but meat from the ribs. The 3 pieces of meat were dry. I felt that $9 for 3 small, dry pieces of meat was steep. For my entree, I had the scallops on polenta. The scallops were small and slightly overcooked and the polenta was nothing to write home about. The Hot Cider donuts (served with vanilla ice cream & caramel sauce) were also dry and not freshly made. Wish they were fresh out of the deep-fry!Special Features:
- A Lovely EveningloverofgoodfoodDined on 7/22/2014The evening got off to a great start with Sarah, our delightful, efficient waitress. We were pleasantly surprised that the bar had a bottle of Dubonnet, a very rare occurrence these days. From then on, we were all delighted by our drinks and food from appetizers to dessert.Special Features:
- Amazing !!FerrottiDined on 7/15/2014Came back for the Meat and Cheese plate and was stunned by the dates and Pork Chop. True foodie find!~Special Features:
- highly reccomendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I dined for dinner and found the entire evening to be outstanding! Food portions were great, food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestgreatboubonselectionDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I have been to this restaurant three times now, the food and the service have been incredible. Every time we are in the Jackson area I make sure I make reservations there weeks in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cider House Salad worth the journeyCarolinaBeckyVIPDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant features a changing menu using locally sourced foods executed with creativity. But the Cider House Salad, a lovely mixture of baby greens, pecans, crispy shallots and almost translucent julienne fans of tart apple with a whisper-light dressing of maple apple cider vinaigrette is so good you've had a glorious taste experience before you even get to the entree. In our case it was a grilled chicken breast with wild mushrooms and creme fraiche over homemade fettuccine served with green beans. There are offerings of petite appetizers as well as bigger starters along with entrees and good desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceMangaBraintreeDined on 7/7/2014The food and service was very good. Our server was pleasant and relaxed which made our experience nicer. Unfortunately there was no a/c and it was a bit uncomfortable. Enjoyed the food but to us it was a bit overpriced considering the ambiance. It was not a restaurant where we would like to take our time eating. I expected the prices to be what they were but this restaurant did not warrant the higher prices.
- Great Food! - Friendly Staff! 👍👍Hike2dineDined on 7/6/2014My family has a vacation home in the area and The White Mountain Cider Company is our 'go to' place when we are looking for a delicious gourmet meal. We go here often. The food and service are consistent and top quality throughout the winter, summer, spring and fall. The staff is friendly. The restaurant has a relaxed atmosphere and the chef gets it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent mealMaryDined on 7/5/2014Our trips to the North Conway area are no longer complete without a trip to White Mountain. We took some family members this time, and they were blown away by the food. The restaurant is quite accommodating to children, there is a selection of kids options that they can prepare. Cocktails are excellent. Can't wait for my next visit!Special Features:
- The food's the thingTravelwriterDined on 7/2/2014The meals prepared here are scrumptious. Intensely flavorful and inventive, they feature top-quality ingredients and meticulous preparation. The wine list is interesting, well chosen and actually quite reasonably priced. The atmosphere is simple rustic; very pleasant. There's no better food to be had in the White Mountain region. One small disappointment is that the staff has the smug bearing that sometimes mars top-flight restaurants. Don't expect down-to-earth warmth and friendliness. But go for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We reserved WMCC for our anniversary & noted we are vegetarians. The host said our waiter would offer some vegetarian suggestions. Instead she began by describing their meat/fish specials. When I reminded her that we were vegetarians, she looked surprised & disappointed. I said that I only saw 1 vegetarian entree; she just shrugged & said, "Yup, that's it". We were familiar with the menu before we went, so this is not a dig at the restaurant, but she was at best indifferent. The evening was saved by the excellence of the meal. We had starters & split a salad & entree. The entree/salads were plated perfectly for each of us, not the common practice of one plated meal & a second dish for sharing. Excellent food, excellent presentation.Special Features:
- Great Food!LambpieDined on 6/28/2014This was a nice quite place I had never been before and the food was fantastic. The only part I was slightly dissapointed with was the lack of a view of the white mountains. However, the food and service were absolutely amazing! Best crab cakes and scallops I've ever had! If a view of the mountains isn't a must, then this restaurant is!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!FoodieDined on 6/27/2014Have been here several times, it's my favorite restaurant in the area. This past time, White Mtn outdid themselves. Scallops with risotto and carrot purée melted in my mouth. Service was wonderful, as well. Ben served 9 colorful ladies, which was no easy task, and he served us quite well. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true Valley originalMWVfoodieDined on 6/27/2014Great dining experience. We save certain local restaurants for celebrating special occasions and the Mtn. Cider Co. is one of those gems. Great food, unique specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet SurpriseLeucadiaFoodiesDined on 6/23/2014We were staying up the street at the Bernerhof Inn (also highly recommended) and the owner said this was a "must" dining experience while we were in town. It is casual, unpretentious, fun and absolutely fantastic food. We live in San Diego, travel extensively, and love top notch restaurants. We were expecting it to be decent, but it blew us away. Excellent service, great unique cocktail list, and truly innovative, gourmet dishes. And, it is very reasonably priced. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreatNotcookingDined on 6/21/2014This was the second time to this restaurant. We brought friends this time. We enjoy the variety of the menu. It is a nice place for a special night out or when you are tired of the run of the mill restaurant choices.Special Features:
- One of the Best in the ValleyKMBrowserDined on 6/20/2014The White Mountain Cider Company continues to be a favorite. Creative and delicious food, friendly staff, great atmoshpere, what more could one want?Special Features:
- Slightly dissapointingVictoriaAVIPDined on 6/15/2014We ordered the charcuterie & cheese board for starters and were put off by the small portions. One very small lump of cheddar, three thin slices of manchego, four thin slices of prosciutto and four equally thin slices of salami, with 1/4 apple and some chutney. For $16 we were expecting more than just a sampler, since it's meant for sharing. We waited a very very long time for our main course, which were actually very tasty and well prepared, if a little too fussy with the flavour combinations. Dessert was ok-donuts were supposed to be warm, but they weren't. I'm not sure if we just got an off night with the service, as other diners didn't have to wait as long as we did, and got served bread, which we didn't receive. Would not return.Special Features:
- A Lovely EveningCzarinaDined on 6/14/2014We were given a gift card for the restaurant by our son and daughter in law for my birthday. They had previously eaten there and raved about how wonderful their meal had been. We were pleasantly pleased by how right they were. The restaurant itself was very nicely kept and we were not smashed into a small space with tables one on top of another. The atmosphere was quiet and the wait service was very professional and polite. Our waiter kept us informed of what were we being served and explained anything that we wanted to know about. We are not alcohol drinkers, so some waiters are snippy about that because their tip will be smaller. Our waiter was so very pleasant anyways. The food was excellent in all aspects. Hats off to you all!Special Features:
- Another great mealEpicuriousDined on 6/13/2014Again we were not disappointed. Every time we go to North Conway we make sure to make a reservation here, it is our favorite restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWaterdogDined on 6/12/2014This restaurant is certainly a find for foodies. First, the ambiance is wonderful - great bar area with a rustic/sophisticated feel and a comfortable feel to all seating areas. The highlight is the food - great creations and a variety on the menu that will satisfy anyone. Friendly, attentive service that adds to the experience. A true find!Special Features:
- Not so special nightBetlametDined on 6/7/2014Had reservations for 4 at 7:45pm. Ordered apps, drinks & dinner by 8pm. Apps/drinks came out promptly and were good. Noticed tables around us (seated after us) getting meals. When asked about delay (at 9pm) was told "kitchen is backed up". I think we were only table our server had in room because he was not checking on us and never refilled our water. At 9:15pm 3 of our meals came out and were told "problem in kitchen - they made steak vs lamb for 4th diner". When asked when lamb would be ready we were told "we don't know?". The 3 meals that were served were cold. We ended up leaving without dinner and since it was 9:30pm we could not go elsewhere as it was too late. What was suppose to be special night turned out not so special.
- Always great service and foodEvergreenDined on 6/7/2014Unique menu...high quality food..Best around for a great dining experience. Thanks. EVERGREENSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies restaurantff100550Dined on 5/31/2014The food is notable marked by the excellent skills of the chefs. It's not just food, the combination of ingredients is ingenious and well balanced. A pork chop can be blah, not here. The lamb was very balanced in spices. The piece I had was half perfectly grilled but the other was chewy. It came with broccoli and peas, the best I ever had. The stake was perfectly cooked with a color match between the meat and side potatoes (fingerling). The cheese selection is just amazing, it reminds me of my Paris dinning experiences. When everything is perfect there is always something that's not. The plain water was just horrible. A strong taste of chlorine. The restaurant can become overwhelmingly noisy it large and loud crowds are nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and good valuePricelessDined on 5/31/2014Good place for casual dining. Lots of locals eat there. Prices are reasonable and the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.