White Mountain Cider Company
207 US Rt 302
Glen, NH 03838Neighborhood:
Mt. Washington Valley
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
White Mountain Cider Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ciderconh.com/
- Phone: 6033839061x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Teresa Stearns
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: The Cider Company offers full service catering as well as items for pick-up.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private space up to 12
- Private Party Contact: Teresa 6033839061x
A word from White Mountain Cider Company
Located in the heart of the White Mountains, the Cider Company is a favorite of both locals and tourist alike. We offer contemporary American cuisine, set in a late 1800"s farm house. We work with local farms when possible to create a seasonal menu, complimented by an extensive cocktail program and unique wines. The property is named for our cider mill, pressing fresh, unpasteurized cider every fall. Our cider is woven through both our cocktail menu and dinner menu. Signature dishes include Crispy Crab Cake on apple fennel slaw and our Cider Mill Salad with greens, pecans, crispy shallots and cider vinaigrette. We also have a casual fair menu available with our house burger, salads and more. Our casual fair menu is offered at the bar only Saturdays, holidays and vacation weeks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
White Mountain Cider Company - Best Restaurants in Mt. Washington Valley ›
White Mountain Cider Company reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)special occasion (72)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (48)notable wine list (31)good for groups (20)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Elegant Casual DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Cider Co never disappoints. It is rustic and casual in decor but with an elegant atmosphere. We came for our favorite dish, porcini dusted chicken and pasta. While I prefer the original dish with penne, the homemade fettucini was deleicious too. Because the pasta is fresh it soaked up all the delicious sauce so in the future I would ask for it a little saucier, but the dish was still flavorful and hard to beat. Then of course there is the signature apple cider donut and ice cream with caramel sauce... warm crispy donut with cold isce cream is decadent and delicious. I wil be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014Went here while on our babymoon and the food is to die for! Get the cider donut dessert - doesn't matter how full you are, you have to get it - it's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good one!WaterdogVIPDined on 9/12/2014WMCC's food is outstanding - always a wonderful surprise with the specials and a menu with great choices for appetizers, salads and main courses. Among the very best! Great valueSpecial Features:
- disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Previously been totally impressed with White Mountain Cidar Company... But it was a disappointing experience this time. The cod dinner tasted of ammonia, and inedible. My husband ordered the steak,which was cold.Was returned, then served raw. Our friend ordered the cod, but was served the pork chop. Was informed that the cod would take fifteen minutes, so accepted the chop,which was delicious. All and all, not the best experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Friendly and well informed staff. Very accommodating and Chef Tim came to our table to review his Vegan offerings. Food was excellent and we plan on returning for another meal as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 9/8/2014We really had an enjoyable time here. The food was outstanding & the service was great! Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!AllisonHall1Dined on 9/6/2014I was very impressed by White Mountain Cider Co! I planned a weekend away at the Mount Washington Resort for my boyfriends 30th birthday, this restaurant came up with a few searches I did with great reviews. It was a little bit of a drive from the hotel, but WORTH IT. Our meals were outstanding, with a great blend of flavors. Each dish was unique and left us wanting to come back and try the whole menu.Special Features:
- 47th AnniversaryBradyBoyDined on 9/3/2014My wife of 47 years a couple of dear friends and myself decided to dine at the White Mountain Cider Company on Sept 3rd. The place has a great reputation and I wanted to dine somewhere special on our anniversary. The atmosphere was great, the staff was very friendly and the food was sparse but very good. We had to wait quite a while before our waitress took a drink order. My guest ordered a Dewars and water and was told that they had run out of Dewars, but that they could sub another scotch. The bartender brought a Crown Royal and water which is a whiskey and not scotch. He had wine instead. We ordered two appetizers to share, but I never got my crab cakes. At that point, I just waited for the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience!TriathleteEpicurianDined on 9/1/2014Excellent food- all appetizers & entrees were fantastic! The service was outstanding, the wine list and beer selection great. The bar menu was just as outstanding and affordable- we had the best burger which was dressed up to unimaginable, delectable heights. Thanks to the Cider House for a marvelous dining experience!Special Features:
- Always a great experience!nademDined on 8/31/2014This is the best restaurant in the Mount Washington Valley! Nice ambiance, great food, friendly and professional staff, those are all the ingredients for a perfect evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2inportofinoDined on 8/30/2014service and food were excellent. highly recommendable for those who appreciate great food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotDc5718Dined on 8/28/2014Fantastic food and great ambiance. Will be back the next time we 're in N ComwaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in the White MountainsYogihikerSHJDined on 8/24/2014Creative, quality menu. Professional & friendly service. Rustic yet upscale atmosphere. Perfect place to splurge on a special meal after a weekend of hiking. A reason to return to the areaSpecial Features:
- Our favorite area restaurant!GaryDined on 8/23/2014There are several good fine dining places in the Bartlett-North Conway-Jackson area, but White Mountain Cider Company gets our "favorite" vote. The ambience is a perfect fit for the area and the service is friendly and good. It is the food that makes it really stand out, though. Every selection I've tried, and we were there for dinner three times this past visit, has had me stop and say, "Wow, this is great!" There are eating places that are enjoyable, and then there are some that give you the feeling that you are someplace special. Give this place a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh FoodErinDined on 8/22/2014I am still dreaming about the food we ate there; we loved it so much we went back two times on a three night stay. The natural wood/exposed beams, brick...just add to the ambiance. But the food is the real star of the show. We tried almost every app on the menu and each one was more mouth watering than the next. My personal favorites, although hard to choose, would be the mushroom crochets or the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningNHVacationingDined on 8/21/2014The food was delicious and our waitress was great to interact with throughout the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJeangueDined on 8/20/2014IT was very good, I recommand this place and the people are enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food exp in white mountainsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Recommended by hotel Bernerhof we decided to have diner in the white mountain cider company. Wow what an experience!. Cosy and informal in combination with good food and wine. Crab cakes were delicious and presentation was a piece of art. For us, Europeans, this was the best Restaurant we have met during our road trip through Maine, New Hamshire, `MassachussetsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and lovely service. We are in the area once per year for the Mt Washington Bike Hill Climb but the first thing we do when planning the trip is book our table for dinner at White Mountain Cider Company. It is always our celebration dinner and it never disappoints. Food is outstanding. Wish it was closer to our home so we could go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Mountain Cider Co.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014This place was recommended to us by a N. Conway resident who clearly knew the restaurant scene very well. An outstanding find and it must be the best place around for miles. Had the cheese plate which was superbly presented, the chips (1/2 portion was still too much for 4 people), Korean short ribs, the steak, a house salad, and the lamb entree. Everything was just perfectly presented and executed. This is definitely the foodie Mecca of the Conways! My only criticism is despite a great wine and beer list they only had one cider available...in a bottle, not on tap, and not made in house? Isn't this a cider mill? But admittedly I visited in summer, not autumn.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014We had eaten there two years ago and loved it, and this time it was even better. Every dish we had was fantastic!
- The Only One...RHP1955Dined on 8/12/2014We were on a road trip to New England states a few weeks ago. We had one stop each nigh in a different town/state. One such stop was North Conway. We had booked our dinners in advance: there are many restaurants in N.Conway (I had been there before), but truly White Mountain Cider Company is a gem in the area. Located in Bartlett, a few miles north of N. Conway, it is the ONLY place that is worth going to for dinner. Nondescript from the outside -- sitting somewhat isolated on the side of a state route -- the food menu and the subsequent execution of it was a pleasant surprise. The waitress, Sarah, reacted to our expressions, saying, "there is something about it here in the kitchen: UMAMI...it hits all your senses and then some". Try it!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Had a reservation for dinner on a Sunday night and it was a good thing as the restaurant was crowded. We started our dinner with zucchini soup which was absolutely mouth watering! For dinner we had Statler Chicken and roast duck and both meals were mouth watering. For dessert we had to try the donut and ice cream which is their speciality and it was delightful. Highly recommend it and will definitely go back when in the area.Special Features:
- Local flare!PamHDined on 8/10/2014This is the second time we've gone to White Mountain Cider Company and absolutely love it! Would recommend anyone visiting the North Conway, Glen, Jackson area a must eat! Great wine & cocktail selection, food is from local farms and is prepared & presented fabulously! I look forward to our next trip to north country so we can visit WMCC again! Kudos to the Chef & staff!Special Features:
- To Dine For...jrsFOODbeerDined on 8/9/2014We took a private cooking class with Chef Tim back in May that included a dinner tasting the previous evening. We could not be happier with Chef Tim, the FOOD, and his help including the waitstaff at your establishment. We will seek you out as well as recommend you whenever we visit the north!Special Features:
- Best place in Mt Washington ValleyElizabethDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed another great meal at the Cider Company last night. We each had a small salad to start that was a mix of crisp fresh greens, apples, nuts and a house fried onion on top. A great way to start a summer meal. My main course was cod. It was cooked perfectly and came with lovely small gnocchi and perfectly cooked green beans. My two dinner companions enjoyed their meals as much as I did. We had it paired with a really good bottle of red win. As usual, a really good meal for all!Special Features:
- Didn't disappointFoodieRDDined on 8/6/2014We last dined here years ago during our weekend getaway and we didn't stop talking about our meal forever. We finally made our way back and it was just as great as we remembered. You're missing out if you don't check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every thing was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014The venue, the food, the service, the other guests, - everything was jusst great. Especially the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!max999Dined on 8/3/2014We were on vacation in NH. We read the reviews about White Mountain Cider Company and knew we had to try it. We were running late and they were very accommodating. The food was perfect! We both loved what we ordered. Service was attentive and friendly. If we lived in NH we would go there often.Special Features:
- WOWwowieVIPDined on 8/3/2014All four of our meals were outstanding. We are already looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Great FindVisitorDined on 8/2/2014Couldn't believe we found this restaurant in the middle of the mountains! Great menu. Very adaptable for kids. They really let us take our time which was great since we indulged with each course. The potato chips with different sauces were fun. It comes with a huge bowl filled with chips. The 5 of us had not problem finishing them. The fried calamari was unique with more of a corn meal coating. The sauce that came with it was nothing I have ever had. It was fantastic and also went well with the chips. Entrees were creative and layered with flavors. We are from NY and this restaurant could do great down there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quality restaurantChuckDined on 7/31/2014Best in the immediate area(North Conway, Jackson, Glen, Bartlett)Special Features:
- What a pleasant surprise!!Jenny20Dined on 7/25/2014We live in northwestern NH and there aren't many restaurants in the "north country" we would recommend. I found this restaurant on Open Table and hadn't even heard of it -- but I had to be in the North Conway area, so I said, "well, it can't be better than the usual NH "great" - which is usually only good at best ... But this is GREAT. Creative, fresh, insightful dishes and a nice wine list. Really superb! I will make special trips there. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in the area!RoadWarriorDined on 7/24/2014We ate there last year and couldn't wait to come back this year! Great menu.... You want to order every item on the menu! Great food and amazing flavors! We were a table of five this year and all ordered different courses... We tasted each other choices and everyone was impressed with all of them! Professional and friendly service make this place the best of all restaurants I have tried in a 20 miles radius! (and I have been to quite a few!)Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 7/23/2014I had heard so much about this restaurant and had not been able to get a reservation the last time I was visiting the White Mountains, so my expectations were high. I started the meal with the Blue Cheese stuffed dates which were served warm and very delicious! We followed that with the Korean Short ribs which were not short ribs, but meat from the ribs. The 3 pieces of meat were dry. I felt that $9 for 3 small, dry pieces of meat was steep. For my entree, I had the scallops on polenta. The scallops were small and slightly overcooked and the polenta was nothing to write home about. The Hot Cider donuts (served with vanilla ice cream & caramel sauce) were also dry and not freshly made. Wish they were fresh out of the deep-fry!Special Features:
- A Lovely EveningloverofgoodfoodDined on 7/22/2014The evening got off to a great start with Sarah, our delightful, efficient waitress. We were pleasantly surprised that the bar had a bottle of Dubonnet, a very rare occurrence these days. From then on, we were all delighted by our drinks and food from appetizers to dessert.Special Features:
- Amazing !!FerrottiDined on 7/15/2014Came back for the Meat and Cheese plate and was stunned by the dates and Pork Chop. True foodie find!~Special Features:
- highly reccomendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I dined for dinner and found the entire evening to be outstanding! Food portions were great, food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestgreatboubonselectionDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I have been to this restaurant three times now, the food and the service have been incredible. Every time we are in the Jackson area I make sure I make reservations there weeks in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cider House Salad worth the journeyCarolinaBeckyVIPDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant features a changing menu using locally sourced foods executed with creativity. But the Cider House Salad, a lovely mixture of baby greens, pecans, crispy shallots and almost translucent julienne fans of tart apple with a whisper-light dressing of maple apple cider vinaigrette is so good you've had a glorious taste experience before you even get to the entree. In our case it was a grilled chicken breast with wild mushrooms and creme fraiche over homemade fettuccine served with green beans. There are offerings of petite appetizers as well as bigger starters along with entrees and good desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.